Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
D
OP Offline
D
I know this has nothing to do "directly" w/ MB but here's my Q.<P><BR>I did a bike ride w/ My "H" this morning (he calls it a mercy ride). Now normally I'll ride 10 miles (give or take) with no problem. BUT today After only 6 miles, I was a hurt'n unit! (I think I was hurting because I ate poorly late last night...A friendly's "Burger Basket" complete w/(not so ) "happy endings" sundae. I almost never eat junk like that) We came home and then he went on to finish his 50miles for today.<P>I took a nice warm bath....complete w/bubbles and all. Now I remember my mom once told me that if you are sore and tired "Epsom Salts" is the answer. So I put a cup or so into my bath water...I do feel better, but I'd feel better anyway after a soak in the tub. <P>MY QUESTION...(finally) What does Epsom Salts do for the body????<BR>I know the 40 minutes in a quiet tub is very good for the soul...and mind.... but what about the body?<P>Thanks for any replys.<BR>d2k

I don't know the exact science of it, but I have arthritis and psoriasis and epsom salts or dead sea salts have been prescribed to help...<P>The salts help draw out the 'toxins' in the body...<P>Cali<P>------------------<BR><I>Live Impeccably In Your Word.<BR>Don't Take Anything Personally.<BR>Make No Assumptions.<BR>Do Your Best Always. </I>

T
T
But when you use epsom salts, you have to be careful that you do not have any fresh open sores or wounds. They can make them scar more, and do not help with the healing process.<P>(I learned this AFTER I had used them in sitz baths after my first child was born and I had an episiotomy. Then, the hospital told me to use the salts. With the kids I've had since, I was told NO WAY.).<P>Karen<BR>

S
S
I had a toenail removed about a month ago and after the first week was told to "use" epsom salt for soaking the area to help with the healing. I've used it and there is no scaring so far. It seemed to help my toe heal just fine.<BR>Dentists have you rinse with salt water after mouth surgery so what is the major difference between epsom salt and table salt?

D
OP Offline
D
Thank you all for the posts...I really didn't think I'd get ANY!<BR>d2k

S
S
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Topie25:<BR><B>But when you use epsom salts, you have to be careful that you do not have any fresh open sores or wounds. They can make them scar more, and do not help with the healing process.<P>(I learned this AFTER I had used them in sitz baths after my first child was born and I had an episiotomy. Then, the hospital told me to use the salts. With the kids I've had since, I was told NO WAY.).<P>Karen</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P><BR>Wow and I was told to use them, and I did and I healed up pretty quick from my epis.<BR>

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
2 members (2 invisible), 565 guests, and 54 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation