Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
O
O
Well when you are in the thick part of fog, you might not be able to see your nose much less the OP. Hm.... [img]images/icons/shocked.gif" border="0[/img] so when the fog does clear and they see what their 'fantasy' person is really like......YUCK!!! <p>Ohhhh yea, we probably look better then but then do they? I think the WS starts to feel like the OP looks?!?!? Double Yuck!! <p>L.

I
I
My WH did actually say to me once, when we sitting down to talk about working things out several months ago, and I'm quoting, "Look at her, she is most men's fantasy girl." (yes, as you can imagine, it was quite effective in convincing me that he was truly sorry, and her looks was his excuse.)<p>She is pretty, if you like CHEAP. She has bleach blond hair, but the kind that shows dark roots (on purpose I suppose) -- one of my co-workers said Motley Crue reject look. She gets her nails done at least weekly painted bright red and about two inches long (I guess that helps her clean up after my three children). She wears a ton of makeup and one of the two times I met her, she was in the bathroom "powdering her nose." -- funny because I don't own a compact. Supposedly she is a size 4 b/c I got the delayed shipment receipt in the mail on this occasion for some lingerie and clothes my H had ordered for their supposed first (yeah, right) date. My line to her in the bathroom was, "Doesn't look like a size 4 to me. oh, and by the way, how long haveyou been f*(king my H?<p>She dresses like a SL%T, mostly to show off the breasts that she got nine days after she left her husband (OWH and I think my H paid for them). My H did say that he knows the breasts are "too big" and if he ever marries her and takes her to one of his conservative company events, that he will have to dress her. He already does dress her according to cc statements, but all the clothes come from victoria's secret. She has a southern drawl that is SOOO bad. And my friends who have met her say that she has nothing to talk about. She smokes -- which isn't a big deal -- except that my H was opposed to smoking so much that he made his PARENTS smoke outside. My babysitter said she almost fell out when OW walked in drunk one night and lit up a cigarette right in the living room.<p>[ January 05, 2002: Message edited by: isitpossible ]</p>

F
F
Ok, her's my H's OW:<p>Yes, she is pretty, not drop dead gorgeous, but then she's ONLY 24! Well, no wonder she has beautiful skin w/ no wrinkles! Here she is having an A with my H, who is about to turn 40. (Does that sound like mid-life crisis or what? I guess he wanted to feel young or something.)

She does have huge hips, in 10 years, her butt will be as big as a barn. She's very skinny, except for the hips, but she smokes like a chimney, so she will age fast, and if she ever does stop will probably get fat then! Supposedly her very small breasts sag dreadfully.<p>She is very immature, talks all the time and its always about herself. She is very selfish and is not a good mother to her small child. She started her A w/ my H while separated from her H.<p>Her youth has been hard for me to take, as I'm 37 and have had four kids. I still look pretty good and am small and thin, but those stretchmarks I can do nothing about! Althoough my H has told me several limes that he knows that she will not look as good as me shen she is my age, so I guess that's supposed to make me feel better. Whatever. Well, I am glad for the opportunity to vent, though I wish I had more bad things to say about her, sigh.

R
R
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by firefly10:
<strong>Yes, she is pretty, not drop dead gorgeous, but then she's ONLY 24! Well, no wonder she has beautiful skin w/ no wrinkles! Here she is having an A with my H, who is about to turn 40.
</strong><hr></blockquote><p>Firefly,<p>I just want you to know that in my H's first A the OW was 14 years younger than him. It lasted 13 mos. They had ZERO in common aside from SEX.<p>It won't last Firefly, you can bank on it.<p>This younger OW has nothing new to offer your H. You're the Real Deal, Hon.<p>Lv,
Jo<p>[ January 05, 2002: Message edited by: Resilient ]</p>

D
D
Ok seen one picture of her and her 8 siblings and parents, H was childhood friends with the clan. I am a big person, but I would have been the smallest one in this group. Finally asked H which one was her and he pointed her out, she was the biggest one, nothing to look at, her arms were probably the size of my thigh!!!<p>His best friend from HS was described her for me as a chubby little fat girl with puppy dog eyes, that drooled all over the attention my H gave her!!!

B
B
Snake.
Have seen OW only once about a year ago.
Snake who's planning for a boob job.
Ever seen a snake with silicon boobs? Might slow down her wriggling after MM...?
After seeing me she had moaned to H he's only interested in short, busty blondes, so you can guess how she looks like...
She looks like $$$$hungry bimbos look.

L
L
Hello all! I am getting quite a kick from this post! As far as what my H's former OW looks like, I am sorry to say she is rather attractive (he reluctantly pointed her out to me once). She is tall, dark haired, busty and athletically built (she and H met while mountain biking one weekend with an organized biking group) and it is quite easy to see why he was attracted to her. I'm a petite yet curvy blonde who doesn't care at all for the outdoors. She is 26, I am 38, H is 42. All is working out pretty well for us since he came to his senses back in September.

Z
Z
This thread is really mean [img]images/icons/grin.gif" border="0[/img] but also a scream!!!<p>
Well, between the "what movie star do you resemble" thread and this one I think we have proven/disproven two theories.<p>(This is for Hailey) BS are not ugly, dried up, fat, old, dried up, bitter, angry

OP's are not usually better catches or more beautiful/handsome etc.<p>It also proves a theory that WS's have illuded to sometimes and that BS's keep writting off. The WS had the affair because the feel sorry for the OP. After these descriptions, what else could it be? [img]images/icons/grin.gif" border="0[/img] [img]images/icons/shocked.gif" border="0[/img]

M
M
what a mature thread!<p> [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif" border="0[/img]

G
OP Offline
G
ok, so other than Mistymae's cerebral comments, it seems like we have all managed a great vent. Overwhelmingly, with a few minor exceptions, the OP is not the hottie we imagined. In fact, it's usually a stretch-marked, suicide-blonded, balding, fat, ugly, buck-toothed, STUPID, pot-smoking, White Trash, mullet-wearing, Ho-baggin', verbally-challenged, BEE-OTCH!!!<p>Male or female OP, slam and enjoy it. FEEL GOOD about who YOU are. If you've plan A'd and made changes, then dammit, be proud. As they say in auto racing, "Run whatcha brung (sic)". Be proud of what you are it it's what you want.<p>If it's not--change it and show the changes to your spouse. People who go through life and ***** about not having, being, doing what they want can only rightfully do so if they have sought a plan to right the ship.<p>Complaining without a plan is like walking through the desert with no map or water. The results will be strikingly similar--you not get very far and will probably lose sight of your long term goals to spite survival.<p>Make this exercise beneficial. If you want to rant, knock yourself out. Yes, it sucks to even mention the other person(my WS's OP is a "King of Beer;s " guy. Wow, I'm impressed. But, I can slam his pathetic attempt of a life in this forum and feel good about it. That's all. No more, no less.<p>God Bless,
Guido [img]images/icons/cool.gif" border="0[/img]

B
B
Shortly after D-Day, I was in ladies Bible study here at the post chapel, where I ran the nursery. I was in a total funk--not eating, not sleeping, doing my best to function every darned day, let alone watch screaming toddles for 2 hours. One lady, seeing how distraught I was that day took me aside and I tearfully told her what was happening.<p>I cried "She must be beautiful, my husband left me and my son for another woman, I just got done talking to her and she expresses no sympathy, she's evil, she says that she gives my husband what he needs. To be so ugly inside, and for him to want her, she has to be gorgeous." It was just an idiot vent, just words. I didn't know what else to express.<p>The lady said to me: "It doesn't matter if she is a runway model or a movie star, you have one thing that she doesn't and that's character. Don't forget that."<p>I think that a person's countenance reflects who they are on the inside, really and truly. Think of any snobbish, yet perfectly coiffed person in designer clothing who wears an aura of arrogance? Are they beautiful to you? Someone who is lazy, unclean and doesn't care for themselves are certainly not beautiful. Someone who is sleazy and nasty will sooner or later reflect that in their appearance--dyed hair and tons of make-up and hoochy clothes will never cover it up, only accent that. That's what I am talking about.<p>Until Miss Kitty does something to rectify her misdeed, (who care's if she does, I am not interested in her) she will always look like the Joker.<p>I don't care if you think it's mature to vent or not--it's better to reveal your painful emotions here than to your spouse or children, or even the OP. Seriously. I have to from time to time, the pent up dark feeling I have choke me up with hatred. It's better to vent and be funny about it that obsess and gloom about it. Isn't that mature?<p>[ January 06, 2002: Message edited by: Bernzini ]</p>

L
L
Well, the STD Tramp was skinny, red haired, with a bad underbite, and from the one time I saw her, she appeared to be a mouth breather...you know, the kind of person who always has her mouth hanging open. That was almost 16 years ago. Now, she's just a pile of bones, since she's been dead for 10 years.<p>Cafe Woman has big blue eyes and short blond hair that is naturally curly. She used to be a beautician, so her hair is always done perfectly. She also has her own tanning bed, so she always has a great tan. She has a good figure (but almost no boobs), but that tanning bed is turning her skin to wrinkles. [img]images/icons/grin.gif" border="0[/img] She's a little over a year older than I am and has a crepy neck. In short, although attractive, she looks as though she's been "rode hard and put up wet". [img]images/icons/grin.gif" border="0[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif" border="0[/img]

H
H
Well let's see Mr. Perfect is 40-44 y/o bald sales exec, with a Mercedes, a line of BS and a little d_ck (by her admission). He also has told her that sex with out emotional connection is not an affair and by this standard WW is only his 2nd affair. What a piece of work.

F
F
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by zorweb:
<strong><p>Well, between the "what movie star do you resemble" thread and this one I think we have proven/disproven two theories.<p>(This is for Hailey) BS are not ugly, dried up, fat, old, dried up, bitter, angry

OP's are not usually better catches or more beautiful/handsome etc.<p> </strong><hr></blockquote><p> I have known so many people in affairs over the years and I can honestly only think of ONE OW who was more attractive than the BS, and it wasn't even all that much of a difference. When I used to read the other boards I got the distinct impression that OP like to give themselves the image of being the breathtaking beautiful sirens (and of course all wives are fat, bitter, ugly etc). It just isn't what I have witnessed in real life. Many of the wives are MUCH more attractive (and better people). A good friend of mine (very attractive) was dumped for a girl who was a complete Medusa (breathtaking hideous) and acted like something straight off Jerry Springer. He eventually came begging back (she said no thanks) but it was baffling. When my best friend cheated on her H I was expecting some hot Adonis. The OM was actually like Herb Tarlek on WKRP in Cincinnati. When she came out of the fog she was totally grossed out. Another friend's Dad cheated on her Mom with a fatter, older, less attractive version of her Mom. It's not about looks. With my H it wasn't looks. It was the fact that she was 15 years younger than him and he wanted to pretend to be 21 again.

R
R
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by fairydust:
With my H it wasn't looks. It was the fact that she was 15 years younger than him and he wanted to pretend to be 21 again.<hr></blockquote><p>Good points, FD. <p>And your H, well his "want" sounds like a "need" that no one could truly provide.<p>Jo

F
F
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Resilient:
<strong><p>Good points, FD. <p>And your H, well his "want" sounds like a "need" that no one could truly provide.<p>Jo</strong><hr></blockquote><p>Exactly. And he learned that the hard way lol. He also learned that 35 year old men hanging out with 22 year olds and trying to act that age end up looking like idiots. But in the end I think it'r mostly about the fact that the OP is someone different. Simply someone different, not so special, not so drop dead gorgeous. A seemingly blank slate with no history, no obligations, no criticisms of anything the WS does (in the beginning of course). Yes there are men who will fall over their tongues in pursuit of the new office Barbie, but for the most part it doesn't seem that way for most. He/she is just someone new. New is exciting, new makes you feel alive. They forget that when the new wears off it can leave a really nasty hangover.

L
L
I'm new to this site but I have to say I love everyones since of humor! My H was 50 when he had his A with 19 yr. old OW. She looked like she had been hit in the face and her eyes were swollen shut...they weren't...she always looks that way. A bit on the hefty side, nothing at all like he's usually attraced to. Very *****y, short tempered, not liked by very many people. It's amazing that during the A the WS and OW only see the "good" side of each other's personality. When they are "found out" their true self seems to surface.<p>
Lizabeth
Married 32 years
Together 34 years
D-Day 03/16/00

R
R
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Lizabeth:
My H was 50 when he had his A with 19 yr. old OW.<hr></blockquote><p>Good Lord! 50 and 19 ..... YIKES!<p>I truly don't mean to offend Lizabeth, but that is almost laughable if it wasn't so sad.<p>And I don't think she would qualify for the title "OW", it's more like "OG" or "OK" (other Kid)<p>I hope everything turned out all right for you two and he did come to his senses, Hon.<p>I guess getting older for some people (men particularly) is very hard to accept<p>Lv,
Jo<p>[ January 07, 2002: Message edited by: Resilient ]</p>

R
R
<p>[ January 07, 2002: Message edited by: Resilient ]</p>

R
R
Triple post, sorry. I am such a dweeeebo.<p>[ January 07, 2002: Message edited by: Resilient ]</p>

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,254 guests, and 50 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation