Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
D
D
Hey I didn't know that you were a BRAT too!!
Do you have a sister named Lisa that lived in MO for awhile?
Dawn

*Cali* Offline OP
OP Offline
gee daybreak... that sounds tiring...<p>yeah, I know about those genius level kids (taught GATE for awhile) they are exasperating!!! but ya gotta love them [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img] .<p>Princess is alive and kicking... I can't tell you exactly what happened... it was a series of things... part of it was an LB session (see I know it was a no-no post)... but my H is talking differently and my GUT feels better...<p>Not exactly science... but...

D
D
Will read!! Good luck to you!!! I think that a move could be the best thing for both of you and your family!!<p>Dawn

N
N
Well Cali, sorry to bum ya out tonight... I did just want to end with a heartfelt wish that it all works out for you and your H, and that if there's a way you can avoid the process LET ME KNOW!!<p>Best wishes sweetie, and freshstart is right - Niagara is GORGEOUS and Toronto is SUPER COOL!!<p>And if you make it my way, let's get together!!!

*Cali* Offline OP
OP Offline
freshstart...<p>Alberta sounds great... yeah, I know there are no igloos... I do suppose the roads are paved??? (We used to tell some good jokes about paving roads and getting electricity to the Lower Michigan people [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img] )<p>I think my H would prefer a larger city... he is really into acting... drama... theatre and would like to write and be involved in film-making... He believes that Toronto has this available...<p>daybreak... no sisters named Lisa... yep I was a BRAT... still remember schools on the base [img]images/icons/wink.gif" border="0[/img] .

J
J
Hi Cali,<p>Well, maybe I'm giving away too much information here (... nah!), but I'm originally from Saskatchewan, Canada, now living and working in California!<p>So I can tell you a whole bunch about what it takes to be a Canadian working in the US, but not a whole lot about a US citizen working in Canada, other than stuff about Canada itself...<p>My favourite (yes, with the "u") cities? Montreal and Vancouver. Toronto is nice too. Of course, I have a special fondness for my home-town, but it's rather nice to be here in California in the winter! [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img] <p>If you do it, it'll be for the "life experience", not to get rich, that's for sure, especially if you want to return to the US - the exchange rate really sucks!!

D
D
Good night Cali!!!<p>Dawn

*Cali* Offline OP
OP Offline
no worries new_beginning...<p>better forewarned so you can be forearmed [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img] ...<p>I'd love to hook up with you... maybe I could bring you some CALIFORNIA goodies...<p>Cali

*Cali* Offline OP
OP Offline
night daybreak ... and all...<p>The 'brothers' are playing ball w/out shirts... I must go to drool...<p>Cali

A
A
Okay - so I know nothing about immigration laws. It's obvious from my name where I live. BC is beautiful,I grew up on Vancouver Island, but can be expensive.<p>Calgary is a pretty great city I have to say...

E
E
Cali---<p>About a year ago Molson (Great Beer) had a commercial called I am Canadian.<p>If you could get CBC (I can) you could watch the commercial during Hockey Night In Canada, eh? Of course the commercial was on at other times, but what's more Canadian than Hockey Night in Canada?<p>Anyway, here's the commercial...of course just like any other item made for TV, it was better seen & heard rather than just read, but you get the idea. <p>"I'm not a lumberjack or a fur trader. I don't live in an igloo or eat blubber or own a dog sled. And I don't know Jimmy, Sally or Suzy from Canada, although I'm certain they're really, really nice. I have a prime minister, not a president. I speak English and French, not American. And I pronounce it about, not aboot. I can proudly sew my country's flag on my backpack. I believe in peacekeeping, not policing. Diversity, not assimilation. And that the beaver is a truly proud and noble animal. A toque is a hat, a chesterfield is a couch. And it is pronounced zed, not zee, zed. Canada is the second largest landmass, the first nation of hockey and the best part of North America. My name is Joe, and I am Canadian!"

[img]images/icons/grin.gif" border="0[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif" border="0[/img] <p>Take care...<p>E<p>[ January 09, 2002: Message edited by: Elad ]</p>

A
A
Hey glad to hear someone else listens to CBC - I'm an addict.

*Cali* Offline OP
OP Offline
[img]images/icons/grin.gif" border="0[/img] ...<p>Thanks for the humor Elad...<p>I was wondering if I'd hear from you Alberta...<p>Believe me...living in the UP... so close to Canada, even some Canadians thought we were Canadian... I've heard most of the jokes... but in the UP...it was aboot not about [img]images/icons/grin.gif" border="0[/img] ...<p>Cali

S
S
Toronto- ----- -and he is considering this- ---- - THIS is the first really good thing I've heard today! Not only for you either- Toronoto is within a few hours of me- I'm closer to Canada than NYC, WE COULD ACTUALLY MEET!!! [img]images/icons/grin.gif" border="0[/img] <p>I went there to see the Phantom of The Opera a couple years back and I can tell you Toronto is the largest city I think I have ever seen (and I've been to NYC).<p>It was an hour of driving through real skyscraper type city before we got to the exit for the Opera House, and we weren't on or near the edge of downtown (and we were going 95mph on the Queen's Highway to avoid getting trampled over- No kidding!)<p>While there I saw a very well planned, modern city with lots of everything you mentioned and more- it is a very bustling place.<p>The other good news is that your American dollar is worth almost double what it is here in Canada, literally, so save up as many American dollars as you can before the move- just by transferring it to Canadian currency your nest egg will double! (Of course things cost more there too- but I don't think to that proportion).<p>He is really considering this ---- WOW- maybe there is hope after all off seeing him through the fog sometime soon! (Gosh I am trying not to get my hopes up too high- and I recommend the same for you!)

R
R
Welp, as a neighbor of the Canadians, I can share that you always have to say "Eh" after a sentence, eh. <p>Jo<p>[ January 09, 2002: Message edited by: Resilient ]</p>

*Cali* Offline OP
OP Offline
NY...he's always wanted to move... especially out of the country... I'm sending off for info... but I have to think that he has to do most of the work to actually figure out how to move... <p>I wouldn't want to move and then have him pull the "this was your idea" thing...<p>and what a bonus if we could actually meet [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img] .<p>Cali

R
R
Also, my first experience in meeting Canadians was my XH was playing at a Pub in BC, there was a hockey team staying in the same Hotel but on the 2nd floor above us .... they came out of their rooms one evening and were completely .. ummmm, naked. They were walking around like no big deal, getting ice from the ice machine and going back and forth to their cars, jumping into the pool from the 2nd floor. They invited myself and my GF (another band member's wife) to join their party. We, of course, declined, eh.<p>It was quite entertaining to say the least. [img]images/icons/grin.gif" border="0[/img] <p>Love,
Jo<p>[ January 09, 2002: Message edited by: Resilient ]</p>

H
H

<small>[ February 07, 2005, 09:45 PM: Message edited by: hanora ]</small>

*Cali* Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks hanora...<p>I have downloaded some stuff from the immigration department and am checking to see what my point status would be...<p>Have a nice fat packet for H to go through... he asked me if I had been checking out anything today... so I have been to some websites and have had info sent to us as well...<p>Canada or Bust?<p>Cali (or...soon to be JustPlainCanada?)

A
A
Hey hanora - the theatre and film business is our business. Are you in the biz yourself?
My H was in TO for three months last year on a major feature film shoot.<p>Cali - there's nothing "Plain" about Canada, um, er, oh, except for Saskatchewan. (I'm allowed to joke about that province because I was born there!) [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img]

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 151 guests, and 45 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Ardent Center, Lost@1969, Jmoor9090, Confused1980, Bibbyryan860
71,843 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation