Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
B
OP Offline
B
Hi,<p>I don't want to beat up a dead horse, so I tried to clarify my thoughts about my M, and where it's heading.
Here's my list:<p>+ I still have loving feelings left for H
+ We have two beautiful boys
+ H adores our boys
+ We have a history of 7 good years together
+ D has not yet been applied
+ H hasn't moved in with OW
+ H's family won't welcome OW
+ OW's difficult,neurotic, demanding...
+ H doesn't want to be stepfather, OW's got 3 kids
+ The A has lost it's thrill
+ H has never actually said he doesn't love me
+ H is indecisive, has tried to get back together
+ I'm happy with or without H. And it shows!<p>
- I have LBd
- H has unresolved childhood issues
- H has Dd twice before,patterns are hard to break
- H is going through MLC
- H is still angry at me
- H lives in OW town<p>
My list of positives seems longer... don't know...minuses have more major issues...<p>Strange how the feelings change day to day, some days I'm sure it's over, some days not so...
plan B goes on...<p>Anyone else?

B
B
Actually it sounds pretty good - although no one can really guess. Plan A until you can't anymore, then Plan B. Get those LBs under control. His family is a major force for your side of the bargain - I know my inlaws were a huge factor for my recovered marriage. Like your inlaws, they refused to ever accept the OW and told my H that they loved him, but they'd throw her out of their home if he ever dared to bring her near them. Time is the most important factor here...I think most of these situations, especially with anger, take a while to work themselves out.

B
B
BIF,
I LOVE your lists. . .and know what??? Only 1 (ok maybe 2) thing on your - list has ANYTHING to do with you. It's not you that's the problem, it's him and what he's going thru.<p>You're -'s are only that you have LB'd, which I'm sure you didn't know about. . . and that he's still angry at you (maybe you're -'s should only be 1 & 1/2). Cuz lots of times they're angry at you. . . when they're really angry at them. . they just don't know it. And you're a pretty easy target. Know why? Cuz you'll stay. You'll take it. Not fair, life's not, eh?<p>So. . . does your - list really, really have more issues?

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 425 guests, and 59 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation