Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Q
OP Offline
Q
I have done that. That's when I asked her is she wants her marriage and if she does, then I highly encourage her to come here and read and ask questions.

I didn't say anythign about the snooping,thanks for that suggestion.

BS 52, FWH 53, Married 1-1-84
D-day 5-14-07, WH moved in with OW
Plan A 9 months, DARK Plan B 3-17-08 until 3-2-09
WH and OW broke up 1-09
Started over 7-09
M
M
Originally Posted by QueeniesAdventures
I have done that. That's when I asked her is she wants her marriage and if she does, then I highly encourage her to come here and read and ask questions.

I didn't say anythign about the snooping,thanks for that suggestion.

Good girl! smile We have a whole new forum called Operation Investigate that can help. If there is any way she can afford a PI, that is the quickest, most effective way. A PI can usually get the goods very fast.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

Q
OP Offline
Q
Good girl! smile We have a whole new forum called Operation Investigate that can help. If there is any way she can afford a PI, that is the quickest, most effective way. A PI can usually get the goods very fast.

Ok, will let her know that. She also has another couseling appt tonight. I'm wondering what proactivity she can do in there today?

WH and OW broke up 1-09
Started over 7-09
I
I
Nil. Unless she's striuck lucky and got a counsellor who knows derriere from arm joint its just an opportunity for the wayward to whine about her.

What would you do if you were not afraid?

"Fear is the little death. Fear is the mind-killer" Frank Herbert.

M
M

Ok, will let her know that. She also has another couseling appt tonight. I'm wondering what proactivity she can do in there today?

If he is in an affair, then marriage counseling will be a disaster. And let me explain why. Marriage counselors do not understand the temporary insanity of a wayward. As such, they make marriage wrecking mistakes such as validating their desires. Imagine a falling down drunk going to a counselor and asking her to help him achieve goals based on his current mindset? It is the same dynamic.

If her WS tells the counselor he wants to separate, the counselor, instead of trying to save the marriage, will try to get the BS to "accept" this move, which serves to validate his horrible decision. That makes it harder for her to save this because the WS can always pimp the counselors credentials to give credibility to his bad decisions.

If I were her, I would skip counseling and quietly start snooping. She can either hire a PI or do it herself. Doing it herself would mean slipping spyware on his phone and his computer. Elblaster at spectorsoft.com has good computer and cell phone spyware. I would NOT ask him if he is having an affair. Asking him will gain her nothing but will tip him off so he can do a better job of hiding.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

M
M
Explain to her that marriage counselors have an 84% failure rate and have a higher personal divorce rate than the general population. They are destructive to marriages. And they are a disaster when there is an affair.

It is very probable that this counselor will support her husbands desire to leave the marriage because she has no idea how to save a marriage.

Exposure 101

I
I
If she's dead set on it, she should ask for the counsellors success rate.

She should also snoop alongside it.

What would you do if you were not afraid?

"Fear is the little death. Fear is the mind-killer" Frank Herbert.

Q
OP Offline
Q
Good news, the H isn't going with them. This is just for her and the kids.

I have sent her the information and hopefully she takes it and works with it.

It's all we can do today. She is future tripping, I have worked very hard to keep her calm, stay in today and realize there is MUCH she can do.

WH and OW broke up 1-09
Started over 7-09
M
M
You are a good friend, Queenie! hug

Exposure 101

B
B
Good news, the H isn't going with them. This is just for her and the kids.

I have sent her the information and hopefully she takes it and works with it.

It's all we can do today. She is future tripping, I have worked very hard to keep her calm, stay in today and realize there is MUCH she can do.

Send her the links from here. The snooping article and such. She will look at it and the light will come one. Who doesn't like to read stuff when it's sent to you from a caring friend?

I know I've sent many a BS here and they were all so thankful.

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

H
H
Hi Queenie, you rock because you care.

I cannot think of any place, people or thing when they got the ILYBNILWU speech was NOT having an affair. At that point the A can be served on a silver platter.

Praying she prepares herself and fights for her M.

blessings

Me 55, XWH 53, M 22 years
D17, D30
alien replaces my husband "I'm not happy" -7/08
Discover OW-8/08 (his direct report and I work there also)
H moves out 10/1/08, confront Ow 10/28/08
Plan B 1/09
D final 12/09

Quote: "First thing you do is pray; when there is nothing else to do, continue to pray."
Q
OP Offline
Q
Hi Hope, long time no see! How are you?

She is receptive to what I'm saying because of my credibility. She was there when all this happened to me, she knows I recovered my marriage and she watched me walk through it every step. Both plans, etc. we just need some alone time. I've been firm but caring, I've stood my ground and used my experience to lead her here. Tomorrow hopefully we can have more time to talk.

WH and OW broke up 1-09
Started over 7-09
Q
OP Offline
Q
That's the one constant for sure, the infamous speech. Hubby says if he isn't actively in an affair he's thinking about it.

I need time with her alone but it's the last days of school and it's just a zoo!

WH and OW broke up 1-09
Started over 7-09
B
B
That's the one constant for sure, the infamous speech. Hubby says if he isn't actively in an affair he's thinking about it.

I need time with her alone but it's the last days of school and it's just a zoo!
Can you send her links to MB? So she can read when she has time?

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

Q
OP Offline
Q
I could with some direction. How do you send links?

WH and OW broke up 1-09
Started over 7-09
Q
OP Offline
Q
I read wrong, she knows the name, repeated back to me when she left for lunch.

WH and OW broke up 1-09
Started over 7-09
B
B
I could with some direction. How do you send links?

Well tell me which ones you would like to send and I can put them together and then you can copy them into an email for her.

Or you can email from the thread.

Or you copy the link and paste it into an email.

Tell me which way you would like to do and I would be happy to help.

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both

Q
OP Offline
Q
Thanks Brain, let me play with it nd get a safe email to use. I'm not sure she wants the,m sent to work.

WH and OW broke up 1-09
Started over 7-09
B
B
Thanks Brain, let me play with it nd get a safe email to use. I'm not sure she wants the,m sent to work.
You're welcome and I totally understand. Good luck and you're a dear friend to care for her. smile

Let me know if you need any help.

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both

Q
OP Offline
Q
Brain, when this happened to me, a lot of people stood by me on here. I learned a lot and worked the plans. I'm a member of AA and it's my responsibility to give what was so freely given to me.

She's hurting and I truly understand that pain and know you can survive this hit to a marriage. I have to try!

WH and OW broke up 1-09
Started over 7-09
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,027 guests, and 52 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation