Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 27 of 38 1 2 25 26 27 28 29 37 38
H
H
Originally Posted by princessmeggy
As for the post-nup, that is something that should be drawn up by an attorney so that it is airtight.

Amen!

Recovery began 10/07;

Meeting my wife's EN's is my "thank you" that refuses to be silenced.
S
S
MS, I'm going to pick your posts apart and point out anything that makes me think, "Hhmm...", because my gut feeling on you was right from the start.

I'd like to see you finally stop destroying your family. I'm not convinced yet.

Originally Posted by MutedSparkle
He said that God is in the business of restoration and encouraged us to seek Godly counsel, whether it was with him, his associate pastors or our current pastor.

You are seeking Godly counsel through Jennifer at MB.

One of your EPs should be that you will not share personal information, especially about your marriage, with a member of the opposite sex. Yes, that includes your pastor or a counselor.

Many, many pastors/counselor do not keep healthy boundaries. No matter how ridiculous it may sound to you right now, you are in no position to be crying to any male except Spartan.

And many, many pastors/counselors are clueless about recovering from infidelity and will lead you into places that will do you no good. You already have a counselor...Jennifer.

Stick with one program so you aren't tempted to pick a little of this and a little of that. That approach will get you nowhere.

I told him that I never, ever had put in place ANY boundaries to protect our marriage. As of this week, I have made radical, documentable changes.

I hope you realize that what you have done as far as boundaries the last few days are BASIC steps. You have done nothing extraordinary here.

Password for my Yahoo e-mail account given without being asked.

Password for the a Christian band's street team MySpace page that I manage given without being asked.

My cell voice mail password given without being asked.

I find it interesting that you repeatedly said "given without being asked."

You are still looking for kudos instead of focusing on doing what is right because it is right.

Offered a postnup that if I ever step outside of the marriage again, he gets all physical assets and the children without question.

Why is another infidelity on your part required before offering "just" compensation?

That puts the burden of proof on Spartan if you have another affair. This document will mean nothing if he cannot prove to the court that you are in an affair again. So you really aren't offering anything here.

Offered to have him install GPS on the car, a voice recorder, key loggers on the computers or any other means of verifiable tracking that he deems necessary.

DO IT YOURSELF!

Why are you dumping this on Spartan?

I always saw the OM at lunch, so now I take a female coworker with me everywhere I go. I also have a female coworker to go rollerblading with me at lunch when I'm not going out to eat.

Are these female coworkers people that you have disclosed the truth to?

The REAL truth.

I will be going to Barnes & Noble today to get some self help books on pathological lying and will also counsel on an individual basis with our marrige counselor about this.

Why? Do you lie all the time about everything?

Or was all the lying done in order to keep the affair going?

See, I doubt you have an issue with lying. You are just an addict who will do whatever is necessary to get their fix. It could be lying, stealing, anything. But lying was necessary for your fix.

Quit sidetracking yourself with "issues" and start dealing with the AFFAIR and how to stop having them.

I begged God's forgiveness for all of the destruction that I've done to everyone around me and also to myself. Change is happening.

Boy does that sound familiar.

Happily married to HerPapaBear

M
M
Originally Posted by sexymamabear
One of your EPs should be that you will not share personal information, especially about your marriage, with a member of the opposite sex. Yes, that includes your pastor or a counselor.

Many, many pastors/counselor do not keep healthy boundaries. No matter how ridiculous it may sound to you right now, you are in no position to be crying to any male except Spartan.

Don't ignore this part. See my thread for an example.

M
OP Offline
M
Originally Posted by kickme
MS,
I am NOT picking on you....this is just my GUT reaction....

Bad day yesterday, I'm sure, BUT today it seems that you have AGAIN wrapped it all up in a nice box, put on bow on it, and expect "all's well".

Sorry, ain't buying it.

I'm not selling.

P
P
I'm not selling.

So much for humbleness.

Last edited by princessmeggy; 04/24/09 01:45 PM.

Widowed 11/10/12 after 35 years of marriage
“In a sense now, I am homeless. For the home, the place of refuge, solitude, love-where my husband lived-no longer exists.” Joyce Carolyn Oates, A Widow's Story
M
OP Offline
M
Originally Posted by MrsWondering
Spartan and I talked quite a bit last night. He never has fully read through my thread, but when he saw the lie of the NC date, he posted and called me out on it because he, "wanted me to get the help that I needed".

Does this mean that Spartan has known all along that you've been in contact? Or at least caught you more than just this last time? So, you were lying to the board, in an effort to convince Spartan that you were going to do the right thing?

Just trying to untangle this all...

Mrs. W

He knew but I wasn't on the board as a way on convincing him that I was doing the right thing. Just as going to church wasn't making me a Christian. I was all talk and no action.

M
OP Offline
M
SMB:

Is Spartan not to counsel with Jennifer on Monday?

M
OP Offline
M
Originally Posted by princessmeggy
I'm not selling.

So much for humbleness.

What I'm expressing is that what I do is not for any of you. It is for Spartan. I don't need to make anyone here happy.

H
H
I will be going to Barnes & Noble today to get some self help books on pathological lying

WTF

Still distracted! Self Help??? Ya thats a good one! Hows that been working for ya so far :crosseyedcrazy:

Quit avoiding the real work!

Read the books, SAA and HNHN!

You have NOT READ them yet!

You breezed through them while you were having an ACTIVE affair!

It was usless to read them while in your wayward state of mind.

Recovery began 10/07;

P
P
Yanno, you remind me a lot of my little sister. She can talk your ear off and tell you all the things she thinks you want to hear and blow sunshine with the best of them. She has a problem with the truth as well.

For someone who was so "broken" yesterday, you sure did a quick rebound. Already joking around on your thread, being sarcastic, flippant.

Whatever.

Widowed 11/10/12 after 35 years of marriage
“In a sense now, I am homeless. For the home, the place of refuge, solitude, love-where my husband lived-no longer exists.” Joyce Carolyn Oates, A Widow's Story
H
H
SMB:

Is Spartan not to counsel with Jennifer on Monday?

You will be phone coaching with a trained, experienced, INFIDELITY coach on the phone.

Not an evangelist that will hug you and allow your boundaries to fall.

BTW, YOU are the wayward right now! And you are not a FORMER one yet either!

Recovery began 10/07;

M
OP Offline
M
Originally Posted by tst
I will be going to Barnes & Noble today to get some self help books on pathological lying

WTF

Still distracted! Self Help??? Ya thats a good one! Hows that been working for ya so far :crosseyedcrazy:

Quit avoiding the real work!

Read the books, SAA and HNHN!

You have NOT READ them yet!

You breezed through them while you were having an ACTIVE affair!

It was usless to read them while in your wayward state of mind.

Please don't cuss.

I finished HNHN's and I'm sorry that I didn't post when I finished. I looked through the MB website last night for CD's on Surviving the Affair and also LoveBusters. The reason for the CD's is because he requested it that way. I couldn't find them on CD so I have ordered the books directly from the website.

I'm trying to fix all of the problems that I have all at once!

I have many people's posts coming at me all at once and while I will not turn and run, I cannot do it all in a day.

I just got back from the Dr. and got my STD screening today as well as a physical. I'm scheduled for a diagnostic mammogram and ultrasound in 2wks.

My STD results will be ready in 2wks and I need to call in for the results. I will do this with Spartan present and have the phone on speaker.

Neither one of us comes from a family with any money so we've never done and kind of prenup so seeing an attorney is something we've never done. I will make some phone calls today to get an appointment.

K
K
Sparkle, Sparkle,

Seeking personal gratification on this board and from elsewhere is getting you no where. You are in great danger of having no one to respond to you.

I said I was not picking on ya, and I still am not. We WANT to help you. It is IMPOSSIBLE to "fix" your M overnight!

All I am pointing out is that you already have all the answers and action plans "ready to go". NO WAY!

Listen to the advice here and do not smart a** away the ones that still believe that deep down is the CHRISTIAN WOMAN you are TODAY, AGAIN, making yourself out to be.

We do not count, your right, but if you really have repented to God and Spartan, and mean it....then thats a start.

BEG God....BEG Spartan to forgive and THEN take all measures to recover YOURSELF!!

I write everything down.....I plan....THEN I ACT ON THOSE PLANS.......come on...you know EXACTLY what I'm telling you. You are still trying to write down what YOU think we want to hear so that you again can be viewed favorably. That is what "I'm not buying".

We are watching you and some of us are hurting for you (me) and some are judging you. GOD is weeping at your continued deception.

Me 48 XWAW 42 M 18Y
D day 9/14/08
Plan A&B for months
One false R
DS12 (my life)
DD23
D Final 5-14-09

M
OP Offline
M
Originally Posted by kickme
Sparkle, Sparkle,

Seeking personal gratification on this board and from elsewhere is getting you no where. You are in great danger of having no one to respond to you.

I said I was not picking on ya, and I still am not. We WANT to help you. It is IMPOSSIBLE to "fix" your M overnight!

All I am pointing out is that you already have all the answers and action plans "ready to go". NO WAY!

Listen to the advice here and do not smart a** away the ones that still believe that deep down is the CHRISTIAN WOMAN you are TODAY, AGAIN, making yourself out to be.

We do not count, your right, but if you really have repented to God and Spartan, and mean it....then thats a start.

BEG God....BEG Spartan to forgive and THEN take all measures to recover YOURSELF!!

I write everything down.....I plan....THEN I ACT ON THOSE PLANS.......come on...you know EXACTLY what I'm telling you. You are still trying to write down what YOU think we want to hear so that you again can be viewed favorably. That is what "I'm not buying".

We are watching you and some of us are hurting for you (me) and some are judging you. GOD is weeping at your continued deception.

I'm crying again. I'm so sorry, everyone. PLEASE do not turn away from me right now. Suffice it to say that I'm extremely emotional.

I'm not looking for any sympathy from this but my doctor is very concerned about some lumps that she found and ordered the mammo and ultrasound with a doctor's presence. I'm sorry, I'm scared.

H
H
Please don't cuss.

Wow it's nice to see you've maintained such a high moral standard for yourself that you've at least desired to keep cussing out of your life.

I think I'm gonna go! Good Luck Kiddo!

Recovery began 10/07;

S
S
it upsets me to see you lecture tst on his posts after what you have done. He abbreviates. You lie, cheat, manipulate, deceive and break the vows of your M. You really have very little right to lecture anyone.

tst gives up his time to HELP on this board. He doesn't have to. He chooses to. He is gving back. He has helped my FWH and me so very much. He is, however, lke all of us, a little frustrated with your apparent posturing.

I hope I am wrong about you. BUT!!!!! You do not seem humbled. You do not seem broken.

Your children deserve MUCH better than they have had from you thus far. Spartan deserves much better.

Please don't let them down again. I hope you can see the damage you are doing and I hope you can begin your journey towards recovery.

Me - BW
FWH - BB -(PA Jul 08 - Aug 08)
D-Day - 8 Aug 2008
Recovering nicely

M
M
GOD is weeping at your continued deception.
And was before you got caught. He knew you were lying before Spartan did. He knew you would before you did it. And He still cried every time you did it.

Mark

E
E
I agree with the concerns about seeing the pastor alone.

Ask the pastor to have a female mentor present, to avoid any possible scenario where you are alone with a member of the opposite sex that is not your husband.

Having Godly mentors for both you and your husband would be something good to have right now.

He needs a male mentor, and you need a female to walk you through this.

I agree with the precautions about being alone with a male, even in a counseling situation.

M
OP Offline
M
Originally Posted by serendipitous
it upsets me to see you lecture tst on his posts after what you have done. He abbreviates. You lie, cheat, manipulate, deceive and break the vows of your M. You really have very little right to lecture anyone.

tst gives up his time to HELP on this board. He doesn't have to. He chooses to. He is gving back. He has helped my FWH and me so very much. He is, however, lke all of us, a little frustrated with your apparent posturing.

I hope I am wrong about you. BUT!!!!! You do not seem humbled. You do not seem broken.

Your children deserve MUCH better than they have had from you thus far. Spartan deserves much better.

Please don't let them down again. I hope you can see the damage you are doing and I hope you can begin your journey towards recovery.

No one knows the mother that I am to my children and those are the comments that hurt the most.

M
OP Offline
M
Originally Posted by Enlightened_Ex
I agree with the concerns about seeing the pastor alone.

Ask the pastor to have a female mentor present, to avoid any possible scenario where you are alone with a member of the opposite sex that is not your husband.

Having Godly mentors for both you and your husband would be something good to have right now.

He needs a male mentor, and you need a female to walk you through this.

I agree with the precautions about being alone with a male, even in a counseling situation.

The marriage counselor we have is a female. I will continue to see her alone.

I have given Spartan Pastor Bruce's card. He may not want Godly counsel or any counseling right now.

Page 27 of 38 1 2 25 26 27 28 29 37 38

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 820 guests, and 71 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation