Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 19 of 25 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 24 25
P
P
Originally Posted by lokil
DH is out of hte country and wont beback till feb 6 I was at my friends house having some wine and my friend had to go out to run some errands and I stayed with the husband who is my firend as well, so we started talking and one thing led to another and welll you know.

I don't know what I'm asking I'm in total freak out mode I cannot believe I did this.

How did you find MB?

Widowed 11/10/12 after 35 years of marriage
“In a sense now, I am homeless. For the home, the place of refuge, solitude, love-where my husband lived-no longer exists.” Joyce Carolyn Oates, A Widow's Story
M
M
Originally Posted by shaken
Lots of posts on this one in a short time span.

loki..how about this;

You don't tell,

your "friend" says he will tell your husband if you don't sleep with him again, because he didn't get a chance to finish the first time. What will you do then?

Don't think he will do that do you? But you also didn't think you would ever sleep with him.

Ahh, shaken - you beat me to this one! My thoughts exactly. Lokil, you think he won't tell? A secret is safe when it's just one person who knows it. Two or more and you have no control over containing it. All you can do is hope he never gets a conscience and confesses.

Look at you - you're an emotional mess. What's to say the OM isn't in the same boat, and is working up the grit to tell his BW right now? You have NO control over containing this. Think about that...every morning when you leave the house, will you come home to a husband whose eyes are blank pits, sitting on the couch gripping his elbows and retching because someone told him about your little secret?...every time the phone rings, will it be the OM or his wife, demanding to talk to your H to tell him?...every time you leave your H, will you come back to find him still your clueless, loving H? Or will you find him packing your things and throwing them into the street because he's just found out about your deception?

This will be your reality, lokil. Think of that. A life sentence. Every day. Every day. That's the scenario we're trying to help you avoid. You won't avoid it when you choose to lie and cover up your actions.

You think we're harsh? Harsh is what you did to your H. Fix it by confessing and avoid the terrible life sentence you gave yourself.

D-Day 2-10-2009
Fully Recovered and Better Than Ever!
Thank you Marriage Builders!

P
P
I have a revulsion to the title of this thread.

"I slept with someone last night"

(how quaint)

It should read:

I had adulterous sex with a friend's husband last night.

P
P
I slept with someone last night.

My husband.

M
M
Originally Posted by Pepperband
I have a revulsion to the title of this thread.

"I slept with someone last night"

(how quaint)

It should read:

Eee...yeah...I must have missed the post about the catnap they took...

D-Day 2-10-2009
Fully Recovered and Better Than Ever!
Thank you Marriage Builders!

F
F
It should read:

Especially since the one thing they apparently didn't do was "sleep."

Preach the Gospel every day. When necessary, use words.
St. Francis of Assissi
N
N
If my DH had come to me broken and contrite and armed with what he had learned from MB four years ago after his first sexual encounter with OW, he would have saved us months of pain and agony and soul searching. You are so blessed to have stumbled upon MB. What you do with the information will determine your future.

Ditto. I endured additional MONTHS of agony that would have been entirely preventable if he had stopped after the first time.

But no, they were "just friends", and he "could control it".

There's no such thing.

Instead, he chose to pile lies on top of lies on top of lies, all to hide his dirty little secret. Of course the truth came out - it always does, somehow.

A smooth sea never made a skilled mariner.
~ English proverb

Neak's Story
Z
Z
Originally Posted by Fred_in_VA
It should read:

Especially since the one thing they apparently didn't do was "sleep."

Not sure on this, Fred. Most of my conquests fell asleep. Most of the time it was during, but sometime before.

P
P
Originally Posted by Zelmo
Not sure on this, Fred. Most of my conquests fell asleep. Most of the time it was during, but sometime before.

Where oh where is Mel when you need her?

I'll be her stand-in.

Shaddup Zelmo stickout

S
S
Pep, I was so thinking that when I saw Z's post...

BW me-41
WH -39
DS - 9
married 12 Yrs together(?) 18 yrs when A discovered
DDay aug 2007
found MB dec 2007
Moved out april 2008
still seeing OW
Plan B

Okay I fixed the ages, it was looking screwy. smile
Z
Z
Originally Posted by stillhere8126

Harrison Ford to the President in "Clear and Present Danger"; "How dare YOU, sir."

S
S
Originally Posted by Zelmo
Originally Posted by stillhere8126

Harrison Ford to the President in "Clear and Present Danger"; "How dare YOU, sir."

Oh, Sorry Z, I Forgot you could read that too...whistle...grin

BW me-41
WH -39
DS - 9
DDay aug 2007
found MB dec 2007
Moved out april 2008
still seeing OW
Plan B

N
N
ok so straight talking isnt getting the point accross lets try an analigy.
You cheating on your beloved husband is equals to attempted murder on your marriage, If you committed attempted murder and you confessed you would go in front of a jury and get a trial then seve time and let out early on good behaviour, if you get caught (which i guarantee you will but more on that later) you will serve a much more severe sentance and will stand near to no chance of being given any credit or good behaviour early release. Do you understand that analigy???

Your husband is not stupid he will notice the change in your behaviour and even if you were a very good actress then you will be spending so much time covering up your guilt there wont be much of a marriage.

How can you trust your friends husband ever again??? he cheated on your best friend! He may have feelings for you he may want more, he may blackmail you into having sex again and please dont be as naive as to say he wont cause I know him cause if you knew him you wouldnt be in this mess. How can you be around a person you find attractive enough to betray your husband with??
Tell that poor souls your married too, tell the poor woman who is about to loose her husband and best friend and realise there is no happy ending until you cut all ties with the person who you have risked your marriage with.

Want advice here it is, want sympathy, your in the wrong place.

BW 36(Me)
WS 38
Married: 2000
DD1November 22 2008 - DD2 October 2014
PA Duration September 08 - November 08
Second discovery- 6 online affairs 4 sexual one emotional. October 2014.kids: DS 17, DS 14, DS 12, DS 10 . Baby after divorce DS 18months

Divorced

Was misled into thinking we were in recovery for 6 years.

If you were shocked reading any of this, that this is the consequence of not following MB to the LETTER.

N
N

Lokil,

I just have a few questions that I hope you will answer.

You said you were drinking before you had sex, were you drunk before you had sex or afterwards?

Was your friend�s husband also drunk?

Which one of you made the first move?

Was there any conversation before the physical act? If so..what?

How long did you stay with them after your friend came home?

How did you get home from your friend�s house?

When you spoke with your affair partner the next day, was he agonized over what you both had done? What was his reaction?

Has he previously tempted you?

Has he attempted to seduce you before?

Had you fantasized about being with him prior to that night?

Have you ever discussed with your husband how either of you would react if adultery entered your marriage?

Has your husband been faithful to you?

Just trying to understand your relationship and the events.
There is very little information in your posts.

J
J
lokil,

I am speaking to you as a former 'ho, I hope that you will stick around here. I have a few things I hope you can think about, or clarify.

1. You are hanging out with a GF and her H, you two are left alone for an hour and end up screwing? I am having trouble wrapping my brain around how your brain and your loins transitioned from "this is GF's hubby" to "let's get naked" in that short of time.

Has there been a period of flirtation before now? Have the two couples joked about swapping? Being snowed in a cabin together for a weekend almost sounds plausible how you could talk yourself into it that fast (plausible but equally wrong), but in an hour?? I believe this is something that has been brewing for awhile.

2. You said, if I recall, that you have spoken to OM and he swears he won't tell his wife. Then, you stated that he had no cell and there is no way for you to stay in contact with OM other than through his wife. Am I mistaken, or did you say these two conflicting stories.

Know, you and OM have this "juicy secret" and you two have a sick bond over it. This is very, very unhealthy, surely you can see that? Right??

3. Let's assume you are know pregnant with OM's child. What is your plan then, continue to lie, fudge the numbers so your BH thinks the child is his forever? Are you willing to lie on something like that?? Pretend you know that you are pregnant with OM's child, what is your plan now? You going to let GF throw you a baby shower?

Do you see how tacky this is?

My point is, I think this is more than losing your mind for an hour, unless you were dropping acid or something. I think this is a full blown affair that you just now consummated.

At the very least, you should let your GF know that her hubby screws around. There is no way that you are the first. Don't be a crappy friend AND a crappy wife.

Tell your husband and your friend.

Me-41 BS (FWS)
DH-41 WS (FBS)
2DD's- 10 and 12
Married 15 years
Separated for 2 years after my A
Reconciled for 1 year before his A
D-day for his A 8/23/05
WH moved out 9/16/05
Divorce final 1/23/07
Affair ended or month or so later
My Story
N
N
I think this is a full blown affair that you just now consummated.

Bingo! This has been building for years.

Stop before it gets even worse.

A smooth sea never made a skilled mariner.
~ English proverb

Neak's Story
L
lokil Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Ok I'm here I'm reading...
Originally Posted by Jean36
lokil,

I am speaking to you as a former 'ho, I hope that you will stick around here. I have a few things I hope you can think about, or clarify.

1. You are hanging out with a GF and her H, you two are left alone for an hour and end up screwing? I am having trouble wrapping my brain around how your brain and your loins transitioned from "this is GF's hubby" to "let's get naked" in that short of time.

Honestly I don't know if it was an hour i wasn't timing anything, we were playing cards listening to music and just talking, I honestly do not even remember how it came to something else

Has there been a period of flirtation before now? Have the two couples joked about swapping? Being snowed in a cabin together for a weekend almost sounds plausible how you could talk yourself into it that fast (plausible but equally wrong), but in an hour?? I believe this is something that has been brewing for awhile.

No we have never flirted yes I think he is good looking but had no intentions of doing anything.

2. You said, if I recall, that you have spoken to OM and he swears he won't tell his wife. Then, you stated that he had no cell and there is no way for you to stay in contact with OM other than through his wife. Am I mistaken, or did you say these two conflicting stories.

We tAlked while my friend was in the kitchen making dinner I have not talked to either of them after that. We were suposssed to do something this weekend I'll see if they call.

Know, you and OM have this "juicy secret" and you two have a sick bond over it. This is very, very unhealthy, surely you can see that? Right??

I get it.

3. Let's assume you are know pregnant with OM's child. What is your plan then, continue to lie, fudge the numbers so your BH thinks the child is his forever? Are you willing to lie on something like that?? Pretend you know that you are pregnant with OM's child, what is your plan now? You going to let GF throw you a baby shower?

lets not assume that, but the baby shower thing made LOL thank you, first time i laughed sind that day.

Do you see how tacky this is?

Yes.

My point is, I think this is more than losing your mind for an hour, unless you were dropping acid or something. I think this is a full blown affair that you just now consummated.

I never never thought of doing anything with him before that

At the very least, you should let your GF know that her hubby screws around. There is no way that you are the first. Don't be a crappy friend AND a crappy wife.
He does nto screw around I know this people have known them forever.
Tell your husband and your friend.

I'm thinking about it

S
S
Originally Posted by lurioosi2
You will always regret cheating. I promise you will never regret telling the truth.

Oooooh....this is gold! Perfect.

L
lokil Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Originally Posted by Nomdeplume
Lokil,

I just have a few questions that I hope you will answer.

You said you were drinking before you had sex, were you drunk before you had sex or afterwards?

Was your friend�s husband also drunk?

Oh yeah we were drinking all after noon

Which one of you made the first move?

I have no idea I think I was on the computer I got up and he wsa there and he hugged me Dont remember much.

Was there any conversation before the physical act? If so..what?

WE were talking about a million things nothin affair related computer business stuff

How long did you stay with them after your friend came home?

2 or 3 hours.

How did you get home from your friend�s house?

taxi

When you spoke with your affair partner the next day, was he agonized over what you both had done? What was his reaction?

I havnt talked to him since that day

Has he previously tempted you?

No never

Has he attempted to seduce you before?

Nope

Had you fantasized about being with him prior to that night?

Hell no

Have you ever discussed with your husband how either of you would react if adultery entered your marriage?

kind of way before we were married tho

Has your husband been faithful to you?

Yes

Just trying to understand your relationship and the events.
There is very little information in your posts.

Last edited by lokil; 01/29/10 07:51 PM.
S
S
lokil, I am very happy you are here...I think that means you know what the right thing to do is...we are here to help you through all this if you take the right path...

BW me-41
WH -39
DS - 9
DDay aug 2007
found MB dec 2007
Moved out april 2008
still seeing OW
Plan B

Page 19 of 25 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 24 25

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 624 guests, and 83 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation