Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 10 1 2 3 4 9 10
L
L
Well...

I liked Mel's post the other day to one of the CA men.

"Does the OM fit into your clothes as well?

Boots ON!

LG

L
L
PS:

Thats 3! Countem 3 guys now.

LG

M
M
Originally Posted by chrisner
The front door is kicked in by home invaders. A man barricades his family and sets up his defensive position to the death if necessary with his Les Baer 1911 Premier II Super-Tac .45. (I gotta get one!)

The man�s wife commits adultery with the intent of taking everything she can get including the kids to spend the rest of their life with her sole mate and the man meekly launders a load of her new sheer panty and lingerie collection and then slinks away into the spare bedroom. Because doing anything else is too scary.

I don't get it. Invader breaks into the house and he bravely defends his family. But an invader breaks into his marriage and his children's family and he turns French.. crazy

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

M
M
I think the trick is to be BRAVER than the OM. You have to admit it takes alot of brass balls to invade a man's marriage and destroy his children's family.

A husband just has to be braver than that.

Typically, though, the OM is really not brave at all once the BH stands up to him. The typical OM is a coward and a lowlife.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

N
N
Originally Posted by MelodyLane
I think the trick is to be BRAVER than the OM. You have to admit it takes alot of brass balls to invade a man's marriage and destroy his children's family.

A husband just has to be braver than that.

Typically, though, the OM is really not brave at all once the BH stands up to him. The typical OM is a coward and a lowlife.

Yep. You have to be pretty low to invade someone else's marraige. I know this is half of our spouses on the forum - but come on.

If I was a guy, I'd get a gun and put on that hat and practice saying, "Hell's coming with me!" until I had it just right - and then I'd go after POSOW (well, I guess it would be POSOM if I was a guy).

Me: BW, 27
Him: WH, 29
DD 4
DS 1
Married 07/25/09
A began end of 08/2009 (possibly sooner)
D-Day: 3/31/10
2nd D-Day: 4/9/2010
3rd D-Day: 4/21/10

Plan B (shortlived as it was): 18/05/10
WH decides to work on marriage: 20/05/10
False Recovery, Back to Plan B: 13/08/10

Filed for D Feb 2011, D April 2012

Looking forward to the sunshine and rainbows life should hold for us all!
O
O
I was gonna respond, but my wife said I couldn't.

M
M
Originally Posted by ouchthathurt

Then you go right back in there and POJA that, little mister!!

Me, BW
WH cheated in corporate workplace for many years. He moved out and filed in summer 2008.
V
V
I know that my H would do all of the things that a man would do for his family, that have been said here.
I believe that he would stand up to me, state his intentions for my behaviour in our M, and if I did not conform, he has said that he would likely kick me out. I believe this.
I don't think he would expose though. For some reason that would be conflict that he would avoid, yet I can still see him kicking me out on my hiney. Odd.

So why is this?

Is this because he was raised in a family and a generation that you respect women, (I see the irony)
you don't dare raise a hand to a woman, you open a door for a woman and walk on the right side of her at all times.
A time when you were taught to never disgrace or discredit a woman. IDK.

Although a man would protect his family to the death, a woman would too, females are very protective of their families, we see this in nature.

I do know that I've seen pages among pages getting BH to expose, sometimes they do and sometimes they don't.
It's extremely frustrating!

M'd 22 years
BW-me
D-Day 08/08 LTA

P
P

rotflmao

Widowed 11/10/12 after 35 years of marriage
“In a sense now, I am homeless. For the home, the place of refuge, solitude, love-where my husband lived-no longer exists.” Joyce Carolyn Oates, A Widow's Story
C
OP Offline
C

Get back to the laundry.

The guy count is up to 5!

Last edited by chrisner; 05/20/10 01:45 PM.

Testosterone boys! Testosterone! It ain’t just for nose, ear and back hair anymore!
O
O
But seriously, the feminization of men has created this problem. Men have been told that they need to get in touch with their feminine side. Our marriage needed a tune up a while back. My wife had developed a lot of bad habits. Taking me for granted. Getting the "face" when I would come on to her for sex. So when my daughter moved out last year. I told the wife that now we can discuss whether we should split up, since the kids were out of the house. I just said it kind of matter of factly. I told her that she has plenty of friends to hang with and we could still be friends and stuff. I guess that made her think about things. And when she came to the realization that her golden years might be restructured into silver or possibly copper years, she did a major 180. I don't get the "face" anymore. She is definitely more clingy and considerate of what my thoughts are about situations. I don't lord over her though. The funny thing is. She is a lot happier then she was b4 I brought the discussion up. I guess she just needed to be reminded how good she has it.

Last edited by ouchthathurt; 05/20/10 01:55 PM.
B
B
Maybe certain men pick abusive women and get used to being used and abused. Then when these women cheat on them, they have no courage since their courage had been stripped away by woman thier whole marriage.

And maybe the women in thier childhood stripped thier courage away also.

We know guys who are weak when it comes to ALL women. And some women use these guys like toiletpaper.

K
K
It's very sad, because most of the good guys go for the super-hot women who are abusive and run them over.

I would rather have a man willing to be a man, not a guy whose every answer is "yes, dear."

Let me run over you and I will lose all respect for you. I mean, what woman wants a man she can master?

One year becomes two, two years becomes five, five becomes ten and before you know it, you've wasted your whole life on a problem you can't solve. That's one way to spend your life. -rwinger

I will not spend my life this way.
C
OP Offline
C
I would rather have a man willing to be a man, not a guy whose every answer is "yes, dear."

Karma, the full quote is, "Yes dear. You're right. I'm sorry."

Right out of Appeasement 101.

Testosterone boys! Testosterone! It ain’t just for nose, ear and back hair anymore!
P
P
LOVE this thread !!!!! kiss

K
K
It's guys like that that are the reason I'm still not much interested in dating.

I am a gamer, and thus (as one could imagine) get LOTS of attention from guys who play Warcraft. Most of these are kings of appeasement.

I enjoy a good nerdly talk, someone who enjoys what I do, but the main point is that I am agreeing with the thread, and that is: If I wanted a yes-person, I'd marry myself.

One year becomes two, two years becomes five, five becomes ten and before you know it, you've wasted your whole life on a problem you can't solve. That's one way to spend your life. -rwinger

I will not spend my life this way.
C
OP Offline
C
Originally Posted by Pepperband
LOVE this thread !!!!! kiss

You just like all the Guns and Ammo talk.

Last edited by chrisner; 05/20/10 02:41 PM. Reason: But I really would like that Les Baer .45

P
P
I officially award this thread with the "Bring Pep Out of Lurkdom" award!

Widowed 11/10/12 after 35 years of marriage
“In a sense now, I am homeless. For the home, the place of refuge, solitude, love-where my husband lived-no longer exists.” Joyce Carolyn Oates, A Widow's Story
M
M
Hey MF! I have met you and I will say right now if I were ever in a good bar fight I would want you on my side.

Why's that?!?!?

Me,BW - 42; FWH-46
4 kids
D-Day #s1 and 2~May 2006
D-Day #3~Feb.27, 2007 (we'd been in a FR)
Plan B~ March 3 ~ April 6, 2007

In Recovery and things are improving every day. MB rocks. smile
J
J
Originally Posted by chrisner

Get back to the laundry.

The guy count is up to 5!

You can add me to the count.

Better yet, you better d@mn well add me to the count because if not, I will make your life HELL! mad

Jim

BS - 32 (me)
FWW - 33
Married 8/31/03
No kids (but 3 cats)
D-Days - 8/25/06 (EA), 11/3/06 (PA)
NC agreed to - 11/8/06
NC broken - 11/28/06, 12/16/06, 1/18/07, 1/26/07, 1/27/07
Status - In Recovery
Jim's Story
Page 2 of 10 1 2 3 4 9 10

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,086 guests, and 45 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation