Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 27 of 36 1 2 25 26 27 28 29 35 36
D
D
Originally Posted by YEG
Look at Rn. Once she was caught she went back to her husband. he didnt even have to PA her. We see FWS come on here asking how to get their BS back all the time. They are contrite.

no sir. i'm contrite 2 YEARS after the fact, and if you want to know what took it took to get me there, you're going to hear it via email, because it's not fit for this forum. i heartily endorse Plan A and Plan B as described, because i KNOW i would not have responded to Plan A, and that Plan B would have been our first hope at recovery. Plan A AND Plan B would have given me perspective and reminded me of what my marriage was worth. as it stands, i'm on this forum 2 years later still trying to get my mind right.

Originally Posted by YEG
We have been married for 7 years. The first year was great. The next 5 were rough and the last one was pure and total hell capped off in her F^&*ing another guy. She keeps pointing this out to me. maybe I should just start listening. Im Pam Polyanna talking to her. I say the right things but Im starting to doubt them myself. She just hurts me so much. Saying how I was such a terrible husband. Its garbage I know but what am i really saving?
Wheels said it best. WE REWRITE HISTORY. she may very well believe right now that she can't recall a single happy moment out of those 7 years. SHE...IS...LY...ING. hopefully one day she'll recognize the truth--that you were probably good to her, and that she couldn't accept it because she was preoccupied w/ OM.

look, i'm not predicting outcome...your mind's in the right place and you're following through as you should--read Mark1952's thread on hope vs. expectations, though. i can't find the link. everyone's been telling you to you need to squelch your expectations, but that needs to be tempered by a hearty dose of hope.

email me, for real. **edit** i'll tell you precisely why i bounced back, and precisely why YOU are doing the right thing by adhering to Plan A and Plan B.

Last edited by MBLBanker; 01/08/12 12:33 PM. Reason: Removing email
S
S
email me, for real.**edit** i'll tell you precisely why i bounced back, and precisely why YOU are doing the right thing by adhering to Plan A and Plan B.

RN:

Could you post a short summary as to why you bounced back? That will be helpful to YEG a large number of men in this forum.

Thanks

CIAO hurray

Last edited by MBLBanker; 01/08/12 12:31 PM. Reason: Removing email

Stanley
Y
YEG Offline OP
OP Offline
Y
Hang in there YEG. One of the most common things in a wayward is that they re-write history. She may have been happy in those years, you have to look at how you felt during that time to gauge how things really were. She is more or less lying to herself to justify her actions, still.

I still have a hard time trying not to believe the old lies that I heard months ago. I know they are not true, but every once in a while they will come back to haunt me. For example, today Sapph was frustrated with the kids when I got home. All she wanted was a little affection from me. I saw that she was sad and instantly thought about the lie that she was not happy for the last 5 years of our marriage. I had to ask her several times if it was the kids or the marriage that was frustrating her. She just told me that a little affection would make her feel better.

Maybe. I guess we will see. PB will work its magic either way.

no sir. i'm contrite 2 YEARS after the fact, and if you want to know what took it took to get me there, you're going to hear it via email, because it's not fit for this forum. i heartily endorse Plan A and Plan B as described, because i KNOW i would not have responded to Plan A, and that Plan B would have been our first hope at recovery. Plan A AND Plan B would have given me perspective and reminded me of what my marriage was worth. as it stands, i'm on this forum 2 years later still trying to get my mind right.

Id love to hear the story but im not comfortable doing private emails. Sharing personal topics in an open environment is fine for me but doing personal topics in private with a member of the opposite sex.

Its just a barrier I have to set on myself and I know you understand.

Wheels said it best. WE REWRITE HISTORY. she may very well believe right now that she can't recall a single happy moment out of those 7 years. SHE...IS...LY...ING. hopefully one day she'll recognize the truth--that you were probably good to her, and that she couldn't accept it because she was preoccupied w/ OM.

I just gotta hope in the program. She seems pretty clear headed already. Very calm and reserved.

look, i'm not predicting outcome...your mind's in the right place and you're following through as you should--read Mark1952's thread on hope vs. expectations, though. i can't find the link. everyone's been telling you to you need to squelch your expectations, but that needs to be tempered by a hearty dose of hope.

I dont think my mind is in the right place. I think it is giving up fast. The easy D path looks better and better. Maybe PB will help. Distance may make it easier.

I want some hope. Maybe I can get a call in to Obama for a hope stimulus package.

Seriously I want to do this. Im having a hard time with FILs just be patient comments. He doesnt like that I gave her a deadline. I didnt even give her a real ulitmatum. He isnt going to like her getting kicked out and I really dont care anymore. She is making this unbearable. If she wants time to think then go think. Its HIS daughter that is driving the M into the ground not me. The BS you BOTH caused this is getting annoying. I may have not been viligent and was not the best husband but I have taken steps to fix myself and the M. She has done nothing.

(ME) BS - 33YO
(HER) WW - 32YO
Married 7 years
DD5
D-Day - 5/1/10 (PA)
Exposure 5/7/10
Plan A 5/7/10 -
Plan B or Recovery on 7-1-10 Its in her court ATM
My thread
A
A
ILs mostly are on the WS side...for obvious reasons. My FIL still does not understand why I left and later on asked WH to leave the marital home so I could have my home back..FIL thinks I should have not done that when WH had stated clearly for over a year that he wanted to move out ...and that he no longer loved me. Plus he had been in an A for over a year...but still FIL does not get it. They always say: it takes 2....
but it takes one to cheat...I did not make him.
blessing

atena
P
P
TJ/

email me, for real.**edit**. i'll tell you precisely why i bounced back, and precisely why YOU are doing the right thing by adhering to Plan A and Plan B.

RN... this is a HUGE no-no on MB and precisely why private messaging is disabled. This should be an automatic boundary for those in recovery. Do you see that?

This is an anonymous forum, no one knows you IRL or really anything about you. There's no reason to feel uncomfortable about sharing here... we've heard it all, and no one is going to look down their nose at you for sharing something like this. In fact, it would probably be MORE than helpful for some of the BHs on here to hear it.

/TJ

Last edited by MBLBanker; 01/08/12 12:36 PM. Reason: Removing email

Widowed 11/10/12 after 35 years of marriage
“In a sense now, I am homeless. For the home, the place of refuge, solitude, love-where my husband lived-no longer exists.” Joyce Carolyn Oates, A Widow's Story
C
C
mail me, for real. **edit** i'll tell you precisely why i bounced back, and precisely why YOU are doing the right thing by adhering to Plan A and Plan B. ]

Nope....

BAD...BAD.... Idea.

There should be NO emailing between members of the opposite sex on this forum....no PRIVATE conversations at all. This is what starts affairs.

committed

Last edited by MBLBanker; 01/08/12 12:37 PM. Reason: Removing email
Y
YEG Offline OP
OP Offline
Y
Need some input here.

Tommorow the WW and I have a scheduled R talk to discuss her commitment to the M. I need a flow path for the possibilities.

First path is she is willing to recommit. This is unlikely and I don�t think its going to happen. If it does then Im scheduling an appointment with Steve asap.

Second is she wants to separate. This is pretty likely. All the signs are pointing here. If she wants this what do I say?
I realize I cant convice her or educate her. My plan Is to ask her to move out of the house. Im also going to see if she will let me schedule and appointment with steve to talk about dealing with DD5 for the separation. She said she would talk to him for this.

Third Is she �thinks� she wants to separate and �might� want a divorce. She will say she hasn�t made up her mind yet. That�s also pretty likely. Not quite sure what to do about this. Do I say I need space and ask her to leave? Then later I can give her the PB letter?

Help me come up with a script. I know im going to get the no R talk but this is my PB entry point. I need to know she isn�t coming back in PA for my sanity prior to going PB.

Do I tell her that if she leaves I�m pursuing a legal separation? Or just let her wonder and sweat it. I must admit im worried I am giving her what she wants by going PB. Its been 2 months.

Last edited by YEG; 06/30/10 12:33 PM.

(ME) BS - 33YO
(HER) WW - 32YO
Married 7 years
DD5
D-Day - 5/1/10 (PA)
Exposure 5/7/10
Plan A 5/7/10 -
My thread
S
S
If she does not behave like RN or Sparkle you go to Plan B.

Plan A does not work well with her. She is a Plan B type WW.

I think you know this.

Good luck. In the end you will be fine regardless of the outcome. You are young and a great man. There are millions of women that are dying for men like you.

Stanley
Y
YEG Offline OP
OP Offline
Y
If she does not behave like RN or Sparkle you go to Plan B.

Plan A does not work well with her. She is a Plan B type WW.

I think you know this.

Good luck. In the end you will be fine regardless of the outcome. You are young and a great man. There are millions of women that are dying for men like you.
I accept that. Its the only thing thats going to knock her off the fence.

Im just looking for words to tell her. The conversation I should have.

(ME) BS - 33YO
(HER) WW - 32YO
Married 7 years
DD5
D-Day - 5/1/10 (PA)
Exposure 5/7/10
Plan A 5/7/10 -
My thread
S
S
On D-day i told my wife:

"It is over, I am getting a divorce". That was ,my Plan A-B in one.

With this info she became a cooperative motivated WW and therefore we were able to stayed married. IMHO, you need a motivated WW and your wife may need plan B to become motivated.

Listen to what she says and then announce you are going Plan B with no words regarding your willingness to take her back. If you say once again you are dying to take her back she will not take you seriously.

Stanley
D
D
NO MORE THREAD-JACKING AFTER THIS, PROMISE!
Originally Posted by Stan-ley
email me, for real. ... i'll tell you precisely why i bounced back, and precisely why YOU are doing the right thing by adhering to Plan A and Plan B.
RN:
Could you post a short summary as to why you bounced back? That will be helpful to YEG a large number of men in this forum.
I�ll post it on my thread to avoid further T/J!
Originally Posted by YEG
Id love to hear the story but im not comfortable doing private emails. Sharing personal topics in an open environment is fine for me but doing personal topics in private with a member of the opposite sex. Its just a barrier I have to set on myself and I know you understand.
Originally Posted by princessmeggy
RN... this is a HUGE no-no on MB and precisely why private messaging is disabled. This should be an automatic boundary for those in recovery. Do you see that?
This is an anonymous forum, no one knows you IRL or really anything about you. There's no reason to feel uncomfortable about sharing here... we've heard it all, and no one is going to look down their nose at you for sharing something like this. In fact, it would probably be MORE than helpful for some of the BHs on here to hear it.
Originally Posted by committedandlovi
Nope....BAD...BAD.... Idea. There should be NO emailing between members of the opposite sex on this forum....no PRIVATE conversations at all. This is what starts affairs.

WHOA. YEG, Stanley, Committed, Meggy, and everyone else who happens across this�that was GRIEVOUSLY ill-advised and frankly stupid of me. I apologize, and I thank for stepping in to point out what really should have been obvious to me.

I saw that the PM feature was disabled, but I thought it was a tech glitch�it never occurred to me that maybe the administrators realized it was a counterproductive feature for a MARRIAGE�.BUILDERS�.FORUM. And it�s ironic, I posted last night that my internal boundaries are super-strict now, and I�m all wary and careful�evidently not so much. Eye-opener. THANK YOU, ALL.
This has led me to some serious thought about boundaries, which I now realize I totally lack.
Done thread-jacking, YEG, sorry!

J
J
Originally Posted by YEG
Tommorow the WW and I have a scheduled R talk to discuss her commitment to the M. I need a flow path for the possibilities.

STOP THE F-ING R TALK!

You are talking this thing to death. She knows what you want. You are tipping your hand for plan B. Have a date in mind, and if she doesn't fully commit by that date (without talking about it 500 times in between now and then), go to plan B and give her the letter. It's that simple. I don't understand why you need to rehash things out with her every other day. Stop it! It's only going to make her not want to be with you.

Shut up about it, plan A great (i.e. no R talk) for a little while longer, then - BAM - hit her with plan B. That's your plan. Quit with all the overanalyzing and talking through it BS. Maybe if you talk about it more with her for another 100 hours things will change. NOT!

Keep
It
Simple
Stupid

Jim

BS - 32 (me)
FWW - 33
Married 8/31/03
No kids (but 3 cats)
D-Days - 8/25/06 (EA), 11/3/06 (PA)
NC agreed to - 11/8/06
NC broken - 11/28/06, 12/16/06, 1/18/07, 1/26/07, 1/27/07
Status - In Recovery
Jim's Story
P
P
YEG, Mark just gave this advice to another person on another thread who is contemplating going into Plan B. I think you could use it too.

Before you deliver the Plan B letter, I would state clearly and without any Love Busters that he is now at a crossroads and must choose to either commit to coming home and working on the marriage or leave you alone and stop hurting you. His decision will determine if the Plan B letter is to be delivered. If that is the case, hand it to him and walk away.

No negotiations, no listening to him complain about how you are not being fair or any of that crap can be allowed. Put the ball in his court and see if he returns it or lets it pass.

Very simple... no deep heavy relationship talk, just spell it out... how it is for YOU. You are hurting me and I want it to stop. Either p**p or get off the pot.

Widowed 11/10/12 after 35 years of marriage
“In a sense now, I am homeless. For the home, the place of refuge, solitude, love-where my husband lived-no longer exists.” Joyce Carolyn Oates, A Widow's Story
Y
YEG Offline OP
OP Offline
Y
Before you deliver the Plan B letter, I would state clearly and without any Love Busters that he is now at a crossroads and must choose to either commit to coming home and working on the marriage or leave you alone and stop hurting you. His decision will determine if the Plan B letter is to be delivered. If that is the case, hand it to him and walk away.

No negotiations, no listening to him complain about how you are not being fair or any of that crap can be allowed. Put the ball in his court and see if he returns it or lets it pass.

Very simple... no deep heavy relationship talk, just spell it out... how it is for YOU. You are hurting me and I want it to stop. Either p**p or get off the pot.

Thats pretty eloquent. Thats what I will do. No trying to educate her. Just ask her if she is willing to commit. No answer or a no im leaving will be essentially the same thing.

I don't understand why you need to rehash things out with her every other day. Stop it! It's only going to make her not want to be with you.

Its because I hurt. Im a fixer type. Standing back isnt my strong suit. It will be in a few days though.

WHOA. YEG, Stanley, Committed, Meggy, and everyone else who happens across this�that was GRIEVOUSLY ill-advised and frankly stupid of me. I apologize, and I thank for stepping in to point out what really should have been obvious to me.

Its no big deal.

I saw that the PM feature was disabled, but I thought it was a tech glitch�it never occurred to me that maybe the administrators realized it was a counterproductive feature for a MARRIAGE�.BUILDERS�.FORUM. And it�s ironic, I posted last night that my internal boundaries are super-strict now, and I�m all wary and careful�evidently not so much. Eye-opener. THANK YOU, ALL.

Lots of people here are needy. I know I am. I just have to be careful. I would be ok 99% of the time I talked to a person of the opposite sex. Its that 1% of the time im worried about.

Its weird because I can FEEL myself getting wayward the longer im in the ENs desert. I FEEL attracted to other women and just start wondering stuff. I just need a friend to talk too. Or there is nothing wrong with dating a person im probably getting a D anyways. Bad bad bad.

So to sum it up its not you its me.

(ME) BS - 33YO
(HER) WW - 32YO
Married 7 years
DD5
D-Day - 5/1/10 (PA)
Exposure 5/7/10
Plan A 5/7/10 -
My thread
M
M
Yeg, if you haven't got a support network other than this forum then I would suggest getting an IC. I have one, it is just like rent a friend really. It really helps to talk about this stuff.

BH:41
WW:38
DDay:April 10
DS x 2 (5&7)
S
S
Originally Posted by YEG
Its weird because I can FEEL myself getting wayward the longer im in the ENs desert. I FEEL attracted to other women and just start wondering stuff. I just need a friend to talk too. Or there is nothing wrong with dating a person im probably getting a D anyways. Bad bad bad.

That is exactly why you should have stayed in plan B, or move into as fast as you can! You are hurting! You need to get into plan B, to help you, remember plan b is for you not your wife.

Y
YEG Offline OP
OP Offline
Y
Yeg, if you haven't got a support network other than this forum then I would suggest getting an IC. I have one, it is just like rent a friend really. It really helps to talk about this stuff.

I have an IC. I just end up talking about the same thing I do here. My parents are decent as well but they want me to just dump the b&*(#. So i dont talk to them much about it.

That is exactly why you should have stayed in plan B, or move into as fast as you can! You are hurting! You need to get into plan B, to help you, remember plan b is for you not your wife.

Hold me a spot. Ill be in the Plan B line really soon.

(ME) BS - 33YO
(HER) WW - 32YO
Married 7 years
DD5
D-Day - 5/1/10 (PA)
Exposure 5/7/10
Plan A 5/7/10 -
My thread
H
H
YEG,

The very frustrating thing about trying to help you is that people are giving you great advice, you seem to think you have the better answers, and you come off as needy, pathetic, and completely unattractive to the wife you claim you want back. We're telling you what you need to do, yet you refuse to follow the advice.

You are not a mystery. You are a pathetic puppy dog begging for scraps from the master's table. That is completely unattractive to your wife. You say you're not a 180 kind of guy. Well then you'll be a man who won't recover your marriage.

Being nice will not work. Talking about the relationship ad nauseum, will not work.

Carrying on with your life, pretending not to hurt or need her, will get you much further.

I may sound harrsh, but I'm speaking as a man who behaved as you're behaving. My ex never respected me because I never gave her a reason to. Learn from my mistake.

Y
YEG Offline OP
OP Offline
Y
You are not a mystery. You are a pathetic puppy dog begging for scraps from the master's table. That is completely unattractive to your wife. You say you're not a 180 kind of guy. Well then you'll be a man who won't recover your marriage.
Odds are against me anyways.

Being nice will not work. Talking about the relationship ad nauseum, will not work.

Carrying on with your life, pretending not to hurt or need her, will get you much further.

I may sound harsh, but I'm speaking as a man who behaved as you're behaving. My ex never respected me because I never gave her a reason to. Learn from my mistake.

You sound harsh but I cant say your wrong. Alot of the reason she hasn't come back maybe was that I was too available. That will be remedied tommorow.

I couldnt do 180 during PA. i sucks A$$ at it. Gonna have to do a better job at PB. last time i wasnt quite set up. i didnt have my mind right and I let myself get sucked in the first speed bump I got. Everything is lined up now though. Im writing a new PB letter at work tommorow. Im using the PB letter from princessmeggy. DD5 will be at my moms house so she will be away from the fall out. I have DD5 till sunday at least so she wont witness WW breakdown. My parents can watch DD5 if I get too emotional. We all know I have a tendancy to do that. im transferring all the bills to my name from the house. That way she cant mess up my credit. Im dropping her off my cell phone plan.

As an aside I finished day 40 of the love dare today. I guess if there is ever a message from above to move to PB its now.

Should be a quick conversation at least. Hi how was your day? Good thats great. BTW have you decided to recommit to the M? No? heres your note. Exit stage right.

Sure her bag is already packed for the weekend so should be around long enough to eat dinner.

For once there will be no begging, pleading or educating.

(ME) BS - 33YO
(HER) WW - 32YO
Married 7 years
DD5
D-Day - 5/1/10 (PA)
Exposure 5/7/10
Plan A 5/7/10 -
My thread
J
J
nice job, Yeg....
This will make a huge difference for her, if you are gone she will be lost for a while....let that happen, stick with your Plan B and wait her out....
go on with your life, spend time with your kids........
let her feel you not being there for her, not supporting her financially......she will get the message real quick and that's what you are looking for......REALITY!!!!
I'm proud of you, you have learned a lot and have given it a great Plan A so far......but it's time for her to get off the fence.....one way or another your life will go on and be better for you with a little time......

BW 56
WH 57
Married 25 years, live together for 2, dated 2 years before that.....
DS 23, DS 25
D-Day Nov 23/09
NC Mar 1/10
Working on Recovery
Grateful for finding Marriage Builders
Page 27 of 36 1 2 25 26 27 28 29 35 36

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
2 members (2 invisible), 565 guests, and 54 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation