Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 12 of 12 1 2 10 11 12
H
H
I caution you on getting into the amicable divorce trap. I went for it myself. A WW will try to assuage her guilt by being nice and friendly to you, even showing some signs of empathy now and then, while going on friendly dates with you while telling you, at the same time, that it�s over and you guys are better off doing things in a friendly way for the good of the kids.

Been there, done that.

The main thing you need to do in all of this is express a constant level of confidence that you can recover your marriage and refuse to engage in any dialog regarding a divorce.

Any talk of divorce should be deflected and you should be 100% clear to your WW that divorce won�t be either friendly or nice and that you will fight tooth and nail for everything.

Make the path of divorce look hard while making the path to recovery look better.

S
S
its funny, I have not been back in years. Listen AZ, they're giving you pretty sound advice

Me BS - 44
FWW- 42
EA for 4 years with fellow employee
became PA in Jan 04 - I knew of this one.
Seperated/ Divorced July 03
2 sons 14 & 12
D Day -6/26/04- PA in 1998 for about 1 year- I had NO idea.
recovery and reconciliation began 6/27/04

Remarried 2/18/06

My story?? Click below.

http://www.marriagebuilders.com/ubbt/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Main=129980&Number=1575914
M
M
Call up the coaching center (link at the top) and make an appt. Invite her to the appt. If she refuses, take the appt alone.

Steve in particular is really great at coaching BSs in how to get FWSs on board with the MB program.

Please don't try to recover on your own. It's almost always a disaster. You really need a plan.

Me,BW - 42; FWH-46
4 kids
D-Day #s1 and 2~May 2006
D-Day #3~Feb.27, 2007 (we'd been in a FR)
Plan B~ March 3 ~ April 6, 2007

In Recovery and things are improving every day. MB rocks. smile
H
H
Az Im glad you updated smile

When forced withe decision to move out or work on our marriage, she chose the latter Ok I am assuming you mean she choses to "work on the M?"
But she is not on board with any plan yet? Does she expects your M to be driven by intuition? Many way-wards do. She is also still sounding foggy. Unrepentant spouse's are problematic in many ways. Sometimes as the fog lifts that changes, others go on to never recovering and end up right back here (im proof in the pudding)returning to a PRE A state of there M and usually another Affair.
I suggest you start dripping some "ideas" on her if you aren't willing to demand a plan to recover yet. But make no mistake sooner or later you have to set that bar.
If you have discussed emotional needs with her and she understands them then whats her problem with fulfilling YOURS? As a man I can say I could only take no SF for a limited time before my love bank gets really low. Also I want to point out that it can sometimes be a sign of an ongoing A that has went underground if she is unwilling to meet at least some SF needs on occasion.
Ok lets talk about demands for a second. There are 2 types of demands. Selfish demand benefit only one while unselfish demands benefit the mass. Unselfish demands are not love busters. So dripping "Ideas" (unselfish demands) can start taking place even in the fog.
POLICY OF JOINT AGREEMENT. I would ask her to agree to it to set the stage for unselfish demands. Print it and give it to her and then read it together. Give her all kinds of the benefits it would have for her and the M. Then ask her to agree with it. If she does the stage has been set.
His Needs Her Needs go hand in hand with POJA. If she agrees to POJA then you can ask her to agree on just about every topic that will come up regarding your M. " Honey I have a need for sex with you and to hold you close to my heart. I dont feel we have been meeting that need. I suggest we set some time apart to meet that need for us tomorrow evening. Or is there a better time for us to work on that? If she balks remind her of the POJA and that you dont agree. This can be applied to everything. From dinner to sex. wink
"Time" recovering from this and building a great M can take years. Its so complex that it has to be done in baby steps, so patience is a huge virtue. (LOL @MYSELF, im not really a patient man) But I have had to learn to be patient.
AZ dont settle for just going back to the old M. Practice what you have learned dont just preach it. YET. But sooner or later you will have to raise that bar for yourself not her. For now see if time helps with the foggy not in love with you crapola.

Last edited by Hilsmonemoretime; 06/07/11 09:53 AM.

Divorced 11/5/2013
FXWW EA 2005/2008/2010
H
H
AZ????

Divorced 11/5/2013
FXWW EA 2005/2008/2010
Page 12 of 12 1 2 10 11 12

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 822 guests, and 71 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation