Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
E
E
Originally Posted by sunnysunshine
Believer in Jesus

Are you a believer in Jesus? If yes, then perhaps you would consider the following scriptures to support the advice presented here:

Originally Posted by The Bible, NASB Translation
Matthew 5:27-30

27 �You have heard that it was said, �YOU SHALL NOT COMMIT ADULTERY�; 28 but I say to you that everyone who looks at a woman with lust for her has already committed adultery with her in his heart. 29 If your right eye makes you stumble, tear it out and throw it from you; for it is better for you to lose one of the parts of your body, than for your whole body to be thrown into hell. 30 If your right hand makes you stumble, cut it off and throw it from you; for it is better for you to lose one of the parts of your body, than for your whole body to go into hell.

The above is not exclusively for men, it's for women too. The concept of NO CONTACT fits with this scriptural truth.

We are told to FLEE temptation, in the manner of Joseph when Potiphar's wife came on to him. We are not to try to see how close we can get to the line.

FLEE temptation.

1 Corinthians 10:13

No temptation has overtaken you but such as is common to man; and God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will provide the way of escape also, so that you will be able to endure it.

1 Corinthians 6:18
Flee immorality. Every other sin that a man commits is outside the body, but the immoral man sins against his own body.

Seems pretty clear. Both scripture and the good folks here are telling you no contact. The recommended daily allowance of contact in any form is ZERO.

Why are you still trying to justify your thinking and moral code when it was that very thinking and moral code that allowed you to decide to have an affair?

I'm not saying you can't learn. But stop justifying your actions, and stop telling us your standard is good enough. As evidenced by your self-admitted affair, it's not.

Do you want the advice, or do you simply want validation?

This site is Marriage Builders. It's not Self-Esteem Builders. This site will not make you feel good about what you did.

It might make you feel good about what is possible in a marriage that is governed by the principles spelled out here.

But it will not make you feel good about what you did, or any wayward thinking you may still hold onto.

E
E
We both are and let me remind u, Jesus died for our sins. R u perfect. NO

After every personal encounter with a forgiven sinner, he also said go, sin no more.

The Bible is not a cafeteria plan where you pick and choose.

The Bible clearly tells us to speak out about sin.

Don't short change what Jesus did by calling what you did missing the mark.

You Broke The Seventh Commandment.

You may be forgiven, but you still broke the 7th commandment. Perhaps you need to come to grips with that and be honest with yourself.

Look at Psalms 51. Now there is a fine example of begging God for forgiveness.

Even if you are forgiven, I think anyone who claims to follow Christ would offer up such an apology to Him for sinning and requiring the sacrifice Jesus made to clean up after yours (and everyones) sinful choices.

It's not about who is perfect and who isn't. It's about are you going to recognize your sin, confess, repent and do what it takes to never take that sinful path again?

S
OP Offline
S
Guess his seperated wife and kids are triggers. To make things worse we (my whole family) accidently drove past his new house which is two blocks away next to my son's friends house. I get it. It will never go away cuz he's still in the picture. Thanks

M
M
Guess his seperated wife and kids are triggers. To make things worse we (my whole family) accidently drove past his new house which is two blocks away next to my son's friends house. I get it. It will never go away cuz he's still in the picture. Thanks
Which is why we told you six weeks ago to MOVE.

D-Day 2-10-2009
Fully Recovered and Better Than Ever!
Thank you Marriage Builders!

I
I
Guess his seperated wife and kids are triggers. To make things worse we (my whole family) accidently drove past his new house which is two blocks away next to my son's friends house. I get it. It will never go away cuz he's still in when I get him out of the picture. Thanks

Why not try POSITIVE actions instead of negative excuses. Try it. For a positive outcome. You can do it if you want to. If you prefer being mentally chained to a loser - thats up to you.

I HOPE I have misread you and by 'got it' you mean you have now got a plan - not got a reason to give up.

Last edited by indiegirl; 10/17/11 06:43 PM.

What would you do if you were not afraid?

"Fear is the little death. Fear is the mind-killer" Frank Herbert.

S
OP Offline
S
Ur right he is a loser and I went down to his trash level cuz his closeness felt good to me. My hb doesn't want to move the family. I am going to retrain my brain and brove to u all it can be done with out moving. The power is within me. I mean nothing to OM, i am not a threat that way. I can be strong and go on and forget him. Have faith.

M
M
Good luck with that.

D-Day 2-10-2009
Fully Recovered and Better Than Ever!
Thank you Marriage Builders!

Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 369 guests, and 46 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation