Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 50 of 67 1 2 48 49 50 51 52 66 67
F
OP Offline
F
We just got the link to begin watching the videos. We will start watching them tonight. It looks like there is quite a bit to get through.

Me (42)
Her (43) - feuillecouleur

DS(11)
DD(7)

Married: June 24, 2000

Recovered
M
M
Originally Posted by FightTheFight
We just got the link to begin watching the videos. We will start watching them tonight. It looks like there is quite a bit to get through.

It's a rich wealth of information!

I'm glad you guys are doing the course - it will be invaluable to you to have help as you both learn all the new habits.

If you are serious about saving your marriage, you can't get it all on this forum. You've got to listen to the Marriage Builders Radio show, every day. Install the app!

Married to my radiant trophy wife, Prisca, 19 years. Father of 8.
Attended Marriage Builders weekend in May 2010

If your wife is not on board with MB, some of my posts to other men might help you.
F
OP Offline
F
Well, FC has been offered a job working part time. It will be during the day during the week and on weekends. Doesn't pay a lot but will cover the cost of daycare and get her out of the house some. I hope this works out well for us.

Me (42)

DS(11)
DD(7)

Recovered
N
N
How many hours on the weekends? During the week?

Will you two be able to fit in time for yourselves?

Me (BH)
FWW
Married 2000, DS 8, DD 6, DD 2

F
OP Offline
F
Originally Posted by Northwood8900
How many hours on the weekends? During the week?

Will you two be able to fit in time for yourselves?

Supposedly from 10AM - 3PM during the week. This Sunday she goes for the first time from 1 PM to 4PM.

We've already talked about not letting this get in the way of our evening time together. We will see what they ask for. She can always quit if it doesn't work out. We don't have to have the money to pay bills.

Last edited by FightTheFight; 11/11/13 05:38 PM.

Me (42)

DS(11)
DD(7)

Recovered
P
P
Have ya'll been assigned a coach yet?

Markos' Wife
FWW - EA
8 kids ...
What to do with an Angry Husband

F
OP Offline
F
Originally Posted by Prisca
Have ya'll been assigned a coach yet?

Yes, but we have to complete the videos and questionnaires first. We are still working through those.

Me (42)

DS(11)
DD(7)

Recovered
F
OP Offline
F
I do not understand my wife's answers to the questionnaires at all. We are working through the online course. As part of that, we had to fill out the EN questionnaire again. She now ranks FS as number one and FC as number two.

In addition, on the marital problem analysis questionnaire, she ranks everything in the 3 or 4 category. Mostly 4's. So on paper, everything is great with her. Yet I feel like crap most of the time and I don't believe she is in love with me.

I don't get it. Is this just a withdrawal thing? Conflict avoidance?

Me (42)

DS(11)
DD(7)

Recovered
M
M
That doesn't surprise me at all. She has checked out of the marriage so she ranks the NON-intimate emotional needs as her highest needs. That will change the longer you get in your UA time.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

F
OP Offline
F
Originally Posted by MelodyLane
That doesn't surprise me at all. She has checked out of the marriage so she ranks the NON-intimate emotional needs as her highest needs. That will change the longer you get in your UA time.

Ok, but she also rates everythng as satisfactory. So what about that? Just keep waiting?

Me (42)

DS(11)
DD(7)

Recovered
M
M

Ok, but she also rates everythng as satisfactory. So what about that? Just keep waiting?

That means she is checked out and is satisfied with that condition.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

F
OP Offline
F

That means she is checked out and is satisfied with that condition.

Well OK then. Really though? This is ridiculous. Maybe I am the one that is crazy. Is it possible I have some PTSD that is skewing my perception of things?

Me (42)

DS(11)
DD(7)

Recovered
M
M
FTF, I think we already knew she was checked out of the marriage. That is the whole point of the exercise here! That will change once you both fall in love again. Once you follow this program for a while, you will be in love again and I predict she will rank her EN's very differently.

Exposure 101

F
OP Offline
F
We had a short discussion about it. She says she resents me. And then she said I was being disrespectful and went to bed. I apologized. Maybe this is all about resentment?

Me (42)

DS(11)
DD(7)

Recovered
F
OP Offline
F
Is it bad that I am happy that my wife resents me? This is something I can continue to eliminate! Much easier than trying to become The Rock.

Me (42)

DS(11)
DD(7)

Recovered
M
M
Is it bad that I am happy that my wife resents me? This is something I can continue to eliminate! Much easier than trying to become The Rock.
You are happy that your wife resents you? Is that what you meant to say? If so, I don't follow you. Please explain.

me-65
wife-61
married for 40 years
DS - 38, autistic, lives at home
DD - 37, married and on her own
DS - 32, still living with us
F
OP Offline
F
Originally Posted by mrEureka
You are happy that your wife resents you? Is that what you meant to say? If so, I don't follow you. Please explain.

Yea I guess that doesn't sound right. What I was trying to say is at least that makes sense. What doesn't make sense is "Everything is fine in our marriage, but I'm still not in love with you." which is what I got out of the questionnaire at first. I'm just saying that if the problem is past resentments, then it seems to me that the further we get away from them, and the longer it is since I've done something to resent, then the better we will be. I don't know, just rambling.

Me (42)

DS(11)
DD(7)

Recovered
D
D

This this this this one-thousand times this!

The intimate emotional needs of marriage are intimate conversation, affection, recreational companionship, and sexual fulfillment. If those four ain't happening, your marriage ain't happening.

Can't say how many times men thought they could win their wives back by cleaning the house or washing the dishes more. You could get just as much mileage hiring a cleaning service. Those four needs above cause "falling in love"; everything else is gravy. Or salt. Or something. It makes the love BETTER; alone, it does very little.

Doormat_No_More
(Formerly Barnboy)
Original thread lost in the forum purge of '09.
4 months after D-Day
1 year after D-Day
Two Years Later
Four Years Later
D
D
...the longer it is since I've done something to resent, then the better we will be.

Remember there are two types of resentment:
* Resentment for things you have done, and
* Resentment for things you did not do.

The former takes a lot of time, care, attention, and diligent not-doing-that-again to remedy. Even then, it's very slow to be forgotten.
The latter is easy. Do something.

Of the two, I prefer resentment for the latter. It's much, much easier to remedy, and doesn't tend to persist nearly as much as the former.

Doormat_No_More
(Formerly Barnboy)
Original thread lost in the forum purge of '09.
4 months after D-Day
1 year after D-Day
Two Years Later
Four Years Later
C
C
Originally Posted by Doormat_No_More

This this this this one-thousand times this!

The intimate emotional needs of marriage are intimate conversation, affection, recreational companionship, and sexual fulfillment. If those four ain't happening, your marriage ain't happening.

Can't say how many times men thought they could win their wives back by cleaning the house or washing the dishes more. You could get just as much mileage hiring a cleaning service. Those four needs above cause "falling in love"; everything else is gravy. Or salt. Or something. It makes the love BETTER; alone, it does very little.

It is the feeling of being cherished... Nothing replaces it.

Me: BW, 57 fWH: 63 (Taffy1) Serial cheater
Presently on the Recovery Road, in the Online program.
Page 50 of 67 1 2 48 49 50 51 52 66 67

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,116 guests, and 67 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation