Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Oh no...

Please tell him that we care, and will never forget his contribution 2 this life and the people in it.

-ol' 2long

S
S
{{{{{{{{{Mike, Cindy, and family}}}}}}}}

"Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me, thy rod and thy staff they comfort me."

Amazing Grace! How sweet the sound
That saved a wretch like me!
I once was lost, but now am found
Was blind, but now I see.

'Twas Grace that taught my heart to fear,
And Grace my fears relieved.
How precious did that Grace appear
The hour I first believed.

Through many dangers, toils, and snares
I have already come.
'Tis Grace hath brought me safe thus far
And Grace will lead me home.

The Lord has promised good to me.
His Word my hope secures.
He will my shield and portion be
As long as life endures.

When we've been there ten thousand years
Bright shining as the sun,
We've no less days to sing God's praise
Than when we'd first begun.

Me/BS 48
Married 16 yrs/together 23; 1 child
Dday 4/05; WH "needed space" and left 5/05
WH Filed D papers 6/05 - Divorce final 12/05
WH moved in with OW 11/05; moved out OW 1/06
12/06 His 3rd and strongest attempt at reconcilliation (I believe OW still in picture)
2/07 Affair over, begging me to take him back - it's too late.
WH has tried numerous times to reconcile.
C
C
My prayers are with Mike and his family.

God Bless,

-Caren

Always Look For Grace Given, Even in the midst of Grace Denied.

BS-Me 39
WH-37
Together 15 years
Married 12 years
7 kids total, His: SD20, SS18, Twin SS's 16.
Mine: DD22, DD15
Ours: DD12
Affair began Fall 04, Separated Fall 04,2 Failed Plan B attempts, False recovery of sorts Spring 05.......Still pluggin' away.
L
L
Michael......."Schlucter"....do you remember how pissed you'd get at me when I would call you that...?

It is with a heavy heart that I write this post.

In this life (and that beyond), you'll never have to side step a mirror afraid to see the man in reflection. When I think of "guts", "integrity", "love" "committment"....I think of you. I see a man who fought the good fight, and stood up to life's worst, took the punch on the jaw like a man, and survived.

Everyone in this life has people who make indelible impressions on them (good or bad).....you are one of those people to me.

What do you as some family guy with children, who smokes too much, and lives in New York, have to do with a single, workaholic divorced trauma surgeon like me.....what??????? If only people knew (large grin..and smile).

I am not gonna pray for a miracle for you.....no need to. God already granted your family that wish.

As you leave this life now, be calm, be strong, be yourself and face it like you have everything else in your life......Be ready for next life....you'll have all the answers.......

In love and peace to Michael and family,

Sourmale, MD

Some people just don't get it, they don't get it that they don't get it.

I had the right to remain silent.......but I didn't have the ability.
K
K
(((HUGS))) and prayers for Mike, Cindy and family.

This is profoundly (don't know the best word) spiritual, painful, memorable time of year. Too personal for words - not my husband but a father of a young man I have mentored since he was 11 years old.

Last Sunday this young man's mother taught a lesson in church - she talked about adversity and trials. And she said that she never knew that a person could go through trials like that and still be happy. But she is happy. Genuinely happy.

Michael and Cindy - your miracle has already happened on one level. There are other miracles to come.

Cafe Plan B link http://forum.marriagebuilders.com/ubbt/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2182650&page=1

The ? that made recovery possible: "Which lovebuster do I do the most that hurts the worst"?

The statement that signaled my personal recovery and the turning point in our marriage recovery: "I don't need to be married that badly!"

If you're interested in saving your relationship, you'll work on it when it's convenient. If you're committed, you'll accept no excuses.
O
O
Dear Mike & Cindy,

It's been a long time Mike since I've posted to you. U have been a good MBer and I know that with the same zeal, you are doing your best.

You have a large MB family here pulling for you and yours. It saddens my heart to hear you are not feeling well. Through the pain, please know that you still brighten a smile and give us strength.

Our prayers go out to you and your family.

Warm aloha,
LeAnne

S
S
{{{{{{{Mike, Cindy and family}}}}}}

Words have the power to both destroy and heal. When words are both true and kind, they can change our world.
~~Buddha
D
D
My prayers have been with them everynight and I wanted to bump this to see if anyone can give us an update on how Mike is doing?

Dorry (aka Deeplysorry)
me FWW - EA/PA fall of 2004
FWH EA/PA late spring 2005
Got our acts together July 2005 and started recovery.

The Recovery Guide for WW's (Wayward Wives)
Dorry's Story

[color:"blue"]Excuses are easy...change is hard....[/color]
E
E

{{{{{{{{{Mike, Cindy & families}}}}}}}}

You are in our hearts at this time

I only hope that his passing over is not too painful for him & that his beloved family will be OK in the coming months. This is so hard on everyone.

Eyes Opened

S
OP Offline
S
Per the family's instructions, I am posting an update about Michael. Thanks Dorry for bumping the thread. Sorry I haven't been posting updates, but it's been quite hectic. I have spoken with Cindy a lot recently & she is quite a mess understandably. It's been very nice to see this outpouring of prayers for Mike & the family. I am going to give Cindy this link so she can read the thoughts & prayers when she can find the time.

Michael is in the hospital right now. He is doing better, but not quite there yet. He has a 60% chance of survival. This is an improvement however, from the 20% chance given a few days ago. What a miracle! He has to gain weight & strength before they can go to the next phase of treatment which would be radiation treatment on the main mass of his lungs. He is on meds but he is coherent sometimes, so if anyone wishes to send him a message, please let me know via e-mail, [email]thirteenyrs@yahoo.com.[/email]

My H & I would like to start a fund for the family. My H has a penpal account & he is going to see how you go about setting up a donation link. I'll post more about that when I have more information. Let's all pull together for our fellow MB. Mike has fought the good fight & continues on fighting. He is one tough officer. I'm proud to be his friend.

Thank you MBers!!! Your prayers ARE helping as you can see.

RBW (me) FWH lostboyz
Married for 16 years
DDay on 10/10/03
Reconciliation on 2/8/04
Son 17, Twin son & daughter 16
4 years of a strong recovery
T
T
That is much more hopeful news. I'm so pleased that he is making positive progress. TT

S
OP Offline
S
We are starting a fund for MSchluter & family. If you would like to donate, please click the link below:

The MSchluter Fund

Thanks for helping Mike & his family.

RBW (me) FWH lostboyz
Married for 16 years
DDay on 10/10/03
Reconciliation on 2/8/04
L
L
*bump*

Last edited by lost_boyz; 01/21/06 05:15 AM.

May God Bless you and keep you safe. If you would like to donate to the Schluter family, please click this link: The Mschluter fund
S
S
I haven't had the pleasure of speaking with either Mike or Cindy but reading this thread I see how much they are loved and how hard they fought for their marriage. Now a miracle is occuring and Mike is fighting to give hmself the chance he so deserves.

Today is my birthday and my 11th Wedding Anniversary, before I go and celebrate I wanted to check in on this thread. I am very humbled by Mike and Cindy's strength and hope my thoughts, prayers and best wishes can be felt all the way from the UK.

Claire

O
O
Wow.I just read this thread and I am stunned.I had no idea.

Michael and Cindy,

I used to post quite a bit to you (more to Michael) way back when.I am so truly sorry this new challenge has been placed in your paths.May God watch over you both and may the best outcome be in order.I sincerely wish for you both the strength and inner peace to go through this.You will be in my prayers~

STRENGTH

~God alone is my constant source of strength in any situation.How I define a challenge may differ according to the day and the circumstance.Some challenges present themselves in the form of daily tasks or other familiar items easily accomplished.Other challenges,however,can appear to be almost insurmountable.

It is during these times that I retreat into the silence,giving all worries and concerns to God.I envision God's spirit at work and the answer to prayer coming to me and my loves ones as greater strength and resolve.

Emerging from my quiet time with God,I experience a renewed sense of vigor.I am always at my very best when I remember to draw on the strength of God to energize me~

O

BW(me)40 DDay 10/11/03 Divorcing 'The Reformer'- enneagram type 1 ~Let Higher Minds Prevail~ --------------- ~Life isn't complicated,we make it that way~
F
F
ST, thanks for the update and the link to the donation site. We will continue to keep Mike and Cindy in our prayers.

Faith

me: FWW/BS 52 H: FWH/BS 49
DS 30
DD 21
DS 15
OCDS 8
L
L
Thanks to everyone for there Donations and kind words.You are all kind and caring People and God bless you all.

May God Bless you and keep you safe. If you would like to donate to the Schluter family, please click this link: The Mschluter fund
S
OP Offline
S
I spoke w/Cindy just a little while ago. She asked me to post an update to all of you. Michael's condition has not changed much. He is still in the hospital, on medication & only wakes up every now & again. They're not sure if he even recognizes anyone or anything. He cannot speak right now.

I sent her this link & she appreciates everyone's kind words. Keep them coming! I usually speak w/her on a daily basis, so if anyone wants to relay a message privately, please let me know & I can do that for you. I also check this thread daily, so if there's anything you want to say publicly, she will be reading it. Thanks everyone for pulling together for our MB friends.

RBW (me) FWH lostboyz
Married for 16 years
DDay on 10/10/03
Reconciliation on 2/8/04
W
W
I am so very sorry to read this.

Cindy and Mike,

May God bless you and keep you, and yours. And may His strength be your strength.

Amen

M
M
Every single one of you have touched in me a place I forgot was there and through my husbands Love and Dedication he was able to win me back but in truth he always had me I just needed to find the light again.

I printed off all of these letters and took them with me to read while watching Michael rest.

it was about three hours into all of this that I realized I had a notebook with all of the printed letters from here. I sat down and started to read but found that I was reading these out loud to my husband, Jim looked at me as I read these and so did my husbands father but after about the 10 minutes I noticed my husband was looking at me as I cried reading these wonderful loving letters. I had to stop because I was just to upset to continue and Michaels Father picked up the letters and continued. By the time these were finished and read all of us were in tears even the nurse who stood in the doorway. I know that i was the wayward wife but all of you reminded me that my husband still has that sparkle in his eye. Michael is being held for another two weeks because of some blood work they did.

I want to thank all of you from the bottom of my heart. And from My husbands family who are all Military they also thank you for opening a door to a world they knew nothing about. My husband was a Soldier and a fine Officer while he served and because of your kind words you made us all realize that he still is the same man we all love.

I wish I could stop crying so I could finsih this but I can't and so I will end this letter here.

Thank you all and God Bless every Single one of you.

Love,

Cindy, Taryn, Ryan and Cody

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,116 guests, and 67 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation