Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 86 of 613 1 2 84 85 86 87 88 612 613
ToddAC #1688358 08/29/06 01:43 AM
L
L
Here it's 6.33pm on Tuesday night. So it's not late for me at all

Kiwi....Thanks for the reply....I figured as much!

Hi Todd,

Haven't seen that particular Italian movie. Have you seen "Swept Away"?

Yes I have....which is why I never even BOTHERED to check the Madonna remake of it.....which on top of it...critics thought was pretty bad!

....and when does the 'eternal owl' sleep, may I ask?

XBW
DS16 & DS22
PLAN D: finalized!
KiwiJ #1688359 08/29/06 01:45 AM
T
T
Well, it is difficult to find someone who has seen that movie. Just want to share notes.

Todd, I haven't liked to ask, but what is your prognosis?

Well, if the radiation treatments are successful, reasonably good. If not, I am out of options.

lunamare #1688360 08/29/06 01:49 AM
L
L
Is this a reference to his song, "Fountain of Sorrow"?

No, not really, but thanks for the lyrics...Todd....

Kiwi.....if you see 'Swept Away'...make sure it's the Italian film...it goes back a few years...but I am sure it has 'aged' well....because a few years back...Madonna under the 'direction' of current husband did a remake.....didn't see it...but it's supposed to be bad!

XBW
DS16 & DS22
ToddAC #1688361 08/29/06 01:49 AM
L
L
BF told WW on countless occassions about OM's serial cheating ways and WW still could not resist his "charm".

She may had thought that if he had such an 'intense' life, he made had something special about him. There is like a tendency in some women to gravitate to the bad boys. The hard true is that there is no substance under the fame of casanova, as we now to have too many women doesn't mean they are good lovers.

WW has been on the wrong end of discrimination and bias and knows how low it feels. Still, she jumps in the sack with a known racist. It still blows my mind.

It seems absurd but at the same time makes sense, like if she had tried to make a point. To prove that she could attract him?

When Pio showed the pics of OM, it was hard to believe that she could find him exceptional... Mexico's media culture uses blondes as a simbol of status. Any blonde. I thought that a comun blonde man in England maybe for G was something special. Like if she had more selfwort for attracting that kind of man, even if he in his own country would not call the attention.

lunamare #1688362 08/29/06 01:50 AM
T
T
....and when does the 'eternal owl' sleep, may I ask?

Years ago, Mohammed Ali was on a commercial flight. The fasten seatbelt sign had been illuminated and the flight attendents had made the announcements. When a flight attendent walked past Ali, she noticed that his seatbelt was not fastened.

So, the attendent said: Mr. Ali, please fasten your seatbelt.

To which Ali responded: Superman don't need no seatbelt.

The quick thinking flight attendent retorted: Superman also don't need no airplance.

Ali smiled and fastened his seatbelt.

True story.

So my answer is: Superman don't need no sleep.

ToddAC #1688363 08/29/06 01:51 AM
K
K
Well, if the radiation treatments are successful, reasonably good. If not, I am out of options.

We will all pray for the first option.

I have to go, Rob is home and it's dinner time.

ToddAC #1688364 08/29/06 02:02 AM
L
L
I read a great quote of Ali, I think from a conference or talk to youngsters.

'Get in to the university,

go all throuhg it until the end,

if they can make peniciline out of bread with fungus.

they can make something out of you.'

Todd,

by chance do you identify a blues song or jazz song or band song, lol, that has the words 'cuddle sweetie pay' ot just sweetie pay?

larousse #1688365 08/29/06 02:05 AM
T
T
There is like a tendency in some women to gravitate to the bad boys. The hard true is that there is no substance under the fame of casanova, as we now to have too many women doesn't mean they are good lovers.

I never realized it before but my WW probably was attracted to bad boys. I have never worried or preoccupied my time with what kind of lover OM is or is not. My WW and I always enjoyed a great intimate life and I am a supremely confident person.

Now, I have read (mostly Stanley's posts) that say that because of the thrill of exciitement over the intrigue of secrecy of the affair, that the feelings are very intense. I wouldn't know. But it doesn't matter to me. What does bother me is the fact that most WW always harbor warming and loving feelings for OM for the rest of their lives. That is tough to accept.

It also bothers me that WW and I considered each other to be our respective soulmates, in fact, that we were made for each other, for thirty two years. Then she met her real soulmate. That part bothers me because it said to me that our relationship and love was built on lies and that in the end, it was something she could put in the trash can and leave at the curb.

larousse #1688366 08/29/06 02:06 AM
B
B
This thread grows faster than idiotville. Turn my back for 5 minutes. Sheesh.

BTW Jen - Mel was born in the USA, raised in Australia.

I'll be happy to keep him though.

Me: 56 (FBS) Wife: 55 (FWW)
D-Day August 2005
Married 11/1982 3 Sons 27,25,23
Empty Nesters.
Fully Recovered.
lunamare #1688367 08/29/06 02:08 AM
L
L
Well, it is difficult to find someone who has seen that movie. Just want to share notes.

...Well, Todd.... what 'notes' do you want to share?

Althugh it's been awhile...so I don't remember 'details'..... but I thought it was a good movie....two strong performances.... both are quite big stars in Italy.....the director Lina Wertmuller seems to have liked to work with Giancarlo Giannini.....I saw another film that I thought as 'interesting'.....can't remember the name...wait I will look it up!

...«Pasqualino Settebellezze» or.....in English: «Seven Beauties» ...boy!....and I see that this director has made quite a few films...

....for Swept Away.....the correct name is: «Travolti da un insolito destino nell'azzurro mare d'agosto»......or «Swept Away... by an Unusual Destiny in the Blue Sea of August» and it was made in....1974! (didn't think it was that old)

XBW
DS16 & DS22
larousse #1688368 08/29/06 02:12 AM
T
T
by chance do you identify a blues song or jazz song or band song, lol, that has the words 'cuddle sweetie pay' ot just sweetie pay?

There's probably a lot of songs with the lyrics "sweetie Pie". Did you mean sweetie pie? Any more hints? Or maybe honey pie?

ToddAC #1688369 08/29/06 02:16 AM
L
L
most WW always harbor warming and loving feelings for OM for the rest of their lives. That is tough to accept.

I couldn't agree more. Even when there are consecuences as divorce.

It also bothers me that WW and I considered each other to be our respective soulmates, in fact, that we were made for each other, for thirty two years. Then she met her real soulmate. That part bothers me because it said to me that our relationship and love was built on lies and that in the end, it was something she could put in the trash can and leave at the curb.

I would say that your relationship was the real one and the other built on lies. When she was honest and true to her self was when she was with you.

lunamare #1688370 08/29/06 02:23 AM
L
L
Well, if the radiation treatments are successful, reasonably good

...and when will we know that you are 'out of the woods'?....Todd

my WW probably was attracted to bad boys.

Todd...does this mean you are one, too?

...I know the feeling, Todd....my WS was big on calling OW his 'soulmate'.....so...I guess... from one day to the next...we became 'chopped liver'?

Hate to leave good company....I will soon need to sign off...I am no 'superman' like Todd....need my beauty sleep if I want to be functional tomorrow.....mmmmm.....at least...borderline functional.....

XBW
DS16 & DS22
larousse #1688371 08/29/06 02:32 AM
T
T
I would say that your relationship was the real one and the other built on lies. When she was honest and true to her self was when she was with you.

Well, according to WW, she has never loved me.

lunamare #1688372 08/29/06 02:36 AM
L
L
What does bother me is the fact that most WW always harbor warming and loving feelings for OM for the rest of their lives. That is tough to accept.

Would you say this to be true even if WS's 'live out' their fantasy...or just when they don't have a chance to?

.....what happens to the 'soulmate' theory when reality has a go at their fantasyland?.....will the 'lies' surface?

XBW
DS16 & DS22
lunamare #1688373 08/29/06 02:45 AM
L
L
(con't)...

in my case...I knew that once WS got on the 'romanticized' and 'dreamlike' life with OW....little old me didn't have a chance.....I was part of the 'reality' world......

...and I was better off not 'stopping' WS....even if I could.... because I would never ever measure up to a 'dream'.....rather, the fantasy needed to be 'exposed'...... see how it will weather the lights of 'reality'...... then maybe just maybe 'little old me' might not look so bad! ...time will tell!

....in the meantime....PLAN B hits the spot.... and, compared to the chaos of living with a WS, I would rather be on my own... if one day S pops up.....I will see where I am at, THEN!

XBW
DS16 & DS22
lunamare #1688374 08/29/06 02:47 AM
L
L
...by the way...one of my questions never got answer....

what did Pio have in mind when he called the thread 'TKO'.... (wouldn't be surprised if it was and 'insider' for engineers only!) ...if so....I am totally out of the loop...

XBW
DS16 & DS22
lunamare #1688375 08/29/06 02:50 AM
T
T
I don't have the answers. All I know is that I plan A'd WW for about four months. She continued to sneak off and see OM. She became very cruel and bitter. It was affecting my health. I moved out because she wouldn't.

I think it will either take my WW a very long time to understand the fantasy world in which she lived, or, that she will never understand this. I lean heavily toward the latter. Today, she doesn't think she did anything wrong. She was justified according to her, because I was not there for her when she needed to lean on someone like I had been for 32 years.

My primary care doc told me the story of his Mother cheating. His Dad found out, moved away form the house and two months later died of a heart attack. Still, it took his Mother over five years to accept what she had done. That's my wife. But she will never accept it.

BTW, did I mention that WW sent word thru DS1 that she wants us to meet for dinner and talk? I haven't decided what to do yet.

lunamare #1688376 08/29/06 02:53 AM
L
L
Well, according to WW, she has never loved me.

Yeah, Todd...I got that, too.....apparently...I was there only to help him out of a depression period... yeah, right.....a 20-year depression and the reason he married me and we had children....although before he had sworn to 'never marry'.... and 'never have kids'......

...otherwise...how could he justify that OW is the REAL soulmate!

geesh....what WS's can manage to convince themselves of continues to amaze me!

XBW
DS16 & DS22
lunamare #1688377 08/29/06 02:54 AM
T
T
I always assumed it meant Technical Knock Out, a term from boxing.

Page 86 of 613 1 2 84 85 86 87 88 612 613

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 500 guests, and 41 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation