Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 127 of 613 1 2 125 126 127 128 129 612 613
lunamare #1689178 09/10/06 08:31 PM
N
N
page 159 luna.

Formerly nam here since 07/31/03 coastal, CT
lunamare #1689179 09/10/06 08:34 PM
P
OP Offline
P
what's the 'idea' behind the colour-coding of the kids' clothes for school?

I have no frigging clue. All I know is I am looking at DD2's school calendar and it demands that she wear a particular color on a particular day. Fortunately it seems only to last for about two weeks. Now my task is phonic show-and-tell. She missed "M" day but she did have her backpack which, in Spanish, is "mochila" so I got points for technical merit.

If I don't shape up and get all this right, I am afraid my DD2 will be the pariah of her class.

BTW, I NEVER disappoint - except for WW. Apparently I disappointed her daily. Oh well....

lunamare #1689180 09/10/06 08:48 PM
L
L
Hi Nams,

cross-posting with the same question...

What's with the colors on particular days?

...and I bet those two little girls got Dad Pio 'wrapped' around their little fingers!

..with a WS in fantasyland and less 'available'....it seems to me that the load of a BS seems to get a little heavier when being hit the hardest.....as the need to 'keep it together' becomes more important than ever....for the sake of the kids.....but you know what?....this is the part I mind the LEAST! .....for me, the boys are WORTH all the effort I can muster up!....at times, my boys is what has kept me going! ...what can I say.....LOVE those boys of mine....

I'll check & post it

Okey dokey!

Did you say you were in Canada?

Yes, I did...Quebec, to be exact! ....Not sure how many towns the 'Thames' runs through.....would you care to be more specific?

...BTW... did I mention that I LOVE my boys?

XBW
DS16 & DS22
PLAN D: finalized!
lunamare #1689181 09/10/06 08:58 PM
L
L
I have no frigging clue.

Pio, I figured as much.....LOLRF!

XBW
DS16 & DS22
lunamare #1689182 09/10/06 08:58 PM
P
OP Offline
P
bet those two little girls got Dad Pio 'wrapped' around their little fingers

Wrapped? They have me doubled over worse than a Manilla folder (i.e. a Philippino contortionist).

I have worked up a spreadsheet on DD2's clothes and correlated it with the class's daily color requirements and calculated the probability of matching the color on any given day. Needless to say it is bleak. Considering the fact that 89.376% of DD2's clothes are pink, the odds are stacked against me. I hate to say this but, to quote WW's favorite phrase, "I'm going to the mall".

Fortunately I have the weekend before we hit "purple" day. I also note that there is a "chartreuse" day next Monday. I don't know what chartreuse is but it sounds suspiciously French. She may just have to stay home as a conscientious objector. What kind of values are they teaching our kids these days?!?!?!?

piojitos #1689183 09/10/06 08:59 PM
K
K
My kids wore a uniform.

KiwiJ #1689184 09/10/06 09:01 PM
P
OP Offline
P
Uh...no catholic schools in Saudi Arabia. Not sure why really...

ToddAC #1689185 09/10/06 09:04 PM
P
OP Offline
P
Wish I was.

ToddAC,

Since KiwiJ is around, "Wish I WERE". Wishes and hopes are always subjunctive.

piojitos #1689186 09/10/06 09:05 PM
K
K
Not catholic schools - just private schools. We're not Catholic.

KiwiJ #1689187 09/10/06 09:10 PM
P
OP Offline
P
Well we do have some schools here that require uniforms. For the DDs, they would be black robes (abayas).

piojitos #1689188 09/10/06 09:19 PM
K
K
LOL

It made life a lot easier.

KiwiJ #1689189 09/10/06 09:55 PM
L
L
OK...Nams....am on page 159 and reading your posts....

If I do decide to teach I'd prefer to teach art. For this I'd have to go to a school about 1 hour 20 min

....would this be full-time studies? ....how many days a week, and for how long? ..and would this make you more employable long-term?

I have 5 years of a decent settlement (closer to 4 now) which will allow me time to get myself together. I still need to work but I can afford to work part time & go back to school for my master's if need be

....so...could you 'put off' making choices based solely on 'practicality & the internship possibility' for a few years and give yourself a chance to pursue your 'interests'?

...and are these 'internship possibilities' hard to come by?

...and....Nams?

Sometimes a place in your heart just does not exist for the person who betrayed you. Certainly there are people who get past it & go on to live in healthy happy marriages. I don't think it's a shortcoming that some simply don't have a place in their heart for the betrayer.

For me there would have always been a seed of doubt, an inability to fully trust & give myself again. No matter how hard I would have worked at the machanics of healing the marriage (given the opportunity) those factors would have still been there.

...are you trying to justify your decision to be unwilling to want to R marriage?

...as far as I am concerned..... when a WS chooses to abuse the gift of 'trust' that has been given to them.....the BS has then the right to be unwilling to offer it again to someone who has proven to be 'untrustworthy' with it....

.....and so, I agree with you, it is not a 'shortcoming'... it's a choice....a betrayal in your life was a 'dealbreaker'...you needed to respect that 'boundary'.....and you did!

XBW
DS16 & DS22
lunamare #1689190 09/10/06 10:09 PM
L
L
I have worked up a spreadsheet on DD2's clothes and correlated it with the class's daily color requirements and calculated the probability of matching the color on any given day. Needless to say it is bleak. Considering the fact that 89.376% of DD2's clothes are pink, the odds are stacked against me. I hate to say this but, to quote WW's favorite phrase, "I'm going to the mall".

...a spreadsheet?...to the third decimal? ...oh GOD! ...this is what I would call...high tech parenting!

....looks to me the answer is quite simple.....the school gets a 'cut' from the profits of sales....

XBW
DS16 & DS22
lunamare #1689191 09/10/06 10:14 PM
L
L
Since KiwiJ is around, "Wish I WERE". Wishes and hopes are always subjunctive.

Kiwi...are you are an English prof. or something?

XBW
DS16 & DS22
lunamare #1689192 09/10/06 10:27 PM
P
OP Offline
P
spreadsheet?...to the third decimal?

hey, I didn't write the software - I just use it. It dsplays to the 16th decimal place and I just rounded. I think that is something. Personally I consider this a DJ on your part and I am highly offended. I need a minute.

Okay, got over it. Not offended any more.

I dodged a bullet. I messed up and today is "blue" day. We have that. I found some green fertilizer in the garage and used it to make a big stain on one of DD2's white shirts. That will get us by tomorrow's "green" day. I don't have any purple liquids though. One of the days next week is "black" day. What on earth are they thinking? With an outside air temperature of 138F and not a cloud for longtitudes, what parent buys their daughter black clothes? (besides an Arab)

If I remember my chemistry right, if I buy Exlax and crush it up and put it in a basic liquid solution (i.e. pH > 7.0), it should turn purple. I can get Exlax at the commissary and I think I have another white shirt. I need to remember to tell DD2 not to suck on the material though - she is prone to do that. Oh well, it won't be MY problem if she does. Let the school take care of that one.

piojitos #1689193 09/10/06 10:48 PM
L
L
I found some green fertilizer in the garage and used it to make a big stain on one of DD2's white shirts. That will get us by tomorrow's "green" day...... If I remember my chemistry right, if I buy Exlax and crush it up and put it in a basic liquid solution (i.e. pH > 7.0), it should turn purple. I can get Exlax at the commissary and I think I have another white shirt. I need to remember to tell DD2 not to suck on the material though - she is prone to do that.

.....xcuuuse me..... high tech....and INVENTIVE!

....that it might get DDs killed along the way...I guess... would be considered 'collateral' damage!

Pio...would you mind asking the school....what's the point? ...learning the colours, or what?
....and...maybe...coloured 'ribbons' might do the trick.... but then I guess...why make things simple when they can be made complicated!

...that reminds me, Pio...way back....asked how old your DDs were.....so...thought I would pass by you this question again....'cause....I never did get an answer.....(I know....the thread moves faster than the eye!)

XBW
DS16 & DS22
lunamare #1689194 09/10/06 10:54 PM
P
OP Offline
P
They are 5 and 7 - or 7 and 5 depending on how you want to look at it.

Collateral damage? Well, if you want to get into root-cause analysis, then yes - collateral damage. I read the bottle. I couldn't see that it said anything about being "harmful to humans". So, based on what I have seen, it shouldn't do her any harm. Of course, the label was in Arabic. You have a point. I'll get a translation.

I tend to blame most things about our current situation on the fact that WW had an affair. As each day goes by, I think more and more I don't want her back. Of course, this is hugely unfair to the DDs. Actually I dread the day she comes back.

piojitos #1689195 09/10/06 11:04 PM
L
L
I tend to blame most things about our current situation on the fact that WW had an affair. As each day goes by, I think more and more I don't want her back. Of course, this is hugely unfair to the DDs. Actually I dread the day she comes back.

I hear you, Pio....now that G. is not around is the time to let your feelings 'out'.....

...a WS is the one who choses to have A...but the BS, children, friends and family.....are all stuck with the consequences...... only choice left is: HOW to deal with the consequences..... some consolation prize!

XBW
DS16 & DS22
lunamare #1689196 09/10/06 11:09 PM
P
OP Offline
P
now that G. is not around is the time to let your feelings 'out'.....

Hmmm...are you sure? Or do I just forget all about them and her? I seriously do not know the answer to that.

BTW, I have another problem. A week ago, DD1 was brushing her hair and complaining that she has a "higher" forhead than DD2 and said that she hated her head. I told her she had a beautiful head but to no avail. So I got rogaine and started applying it to her forehead twice a day. I don't see any change in her but now I have hair all over my fingertips. I have to shave them now!

If I do have to let out my feelings now, I'm afraid I don't have enough free time to do that. DDs don't give me time to eat - much less think.

piojitos #1689197 09/11/06 04:33 AM
P
OP Offline
P
Well I made a big mess of things today. I don't know why I had convinced myself yesterday that today was green day but, well, I did. This AM I discovered it was blue day but DDs had not gotten up when I left so DD2 still thought it was green day. DD1 and the maid got into a fight because the maid told her it was blue day but I had said it was green day. The maid called me at the time they should have been walking out the door for school and DD1 and DD2 were yelling at each other and the maid told me that DD1 was insistent that it was green day and could not be reasoned with. (DD1 was standing up for DD2 who is the one who has to wear the colors) I got on the phone to DD1 and I told her it was my mistake and that today was blue day and tomorrow was green day. She told me she hated her sister because all she ever does is cry (true BTW - she cries at anything) and that she didn't want a sister any more. She wanted me to go home so she could hug me and she was mad that I didn't wake her up this AM (I can't win here - she gets mad when I wake her up). Anyway I finally got her calmed down a bit and then I got on the phone to DD2 and said that it was, in fact, blue day and she was okay with that. Now, in order to calm DD1 down I had to distract her from the whole color issue and I asked her about her friend that she was go to with this PM. Well now the friend may be coming to our house for a sleepover. Oh joy. All because I misread the pinche calendar. I hate kindergarten. Absolutely hate it.

Anyway I saw them at lunch and they are fine. Why is it that something so seemingly inocuous can cause so much trouble.

Page 127 of 613 1 2 125 126 127 128 129 612 613

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 497 guests, and 39 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation