Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 136 of 613 1 2 134 135 136 137 138 612 613
piojitos #1689358 09/13/06 08:59 AM
T
T
Simply gorgeous!

tucktummy #1689359 09/13/06 09:58 AM
P
OP Offline
P
Doh! That's the photo that came with my new wallet. Now where is that photo of the DDs?....

piojitos #1689360 09/13/06 10:23 AM
D
D
Your babies are stunning Pio.

I never had to take the Kobayashi Maru test until now. What do you think of my solution?

O'hana means family, and family means nobody gets left behind or forgotten.

My Story

Recovered!
Dealan-de #1689361 09/13/06 10:45 AM
P
OP Offline
P
Thank you both. I am very happy with them. Vanessa looks a little "squatty" but she just is not too big on good posture most of the time. She isn't really squatty - just lazy.

nams #1689362 09/13/06 11:53 AM
T
T
Is it me or do those conservatives seem to get their panties in a bunch rather easily?

nams, could you describe your political philosophy is approximately twenty five words or so?

To be specific on one issue, what, if anything, would you do about Iran's nuclear ambitions?

ToddAC #1689363 09/13/06 12:10 PM
L
L
Pio,

Just looked at your tree house....Geesh....I am impressed!

lunamare (at least I think it was you) - you have caused me a lot of grief with the Dr. Phil post. I know anger is a secondary emotion but thanks for reminding me.

....you're welcome!

Now DD2 will be 100%. It makes me proud.

..100% of what...exactly??? and...

All I can say is TGIW and tomorrow is the weekend.

....are your weekends in the middle of the week!

Gee I crack myself up.

Let's keep this between us......otherwise, some other people might think you are ready for the 'nut' house! ...Well.... at least you're not 'angry'.....LOL.

...and, yes, even though I am not a 'toolman'....I got it!

Papa Pio......your girls are just ..... adooooorable!

Nams,

My feeling is ona first date one usually tries to make a good impression. I felt he tried to guilt me into going to restaurant. My feeling is as a gentleman he should have 1, called to say he would be late 2, apologized right away, 3. should have understood he screwed up & been gracious about waiting for another time.

I am with you....

and with Todd,
Yes, drop him like a hot potato.

the man up my sleeve
....aren't you ticklish???

Hi Todd,

Love this song.

Me, too...thanks for the lyrics....now I can drive my boys 'crazy' singing it around the house!

....I have also been known to do a good Elvis Presley imitation... don't look like him....I do the 'hips' thing very well...

I could be wrong but I think they got a little tired of the planer/jointer discussion.

...You think?????.....LOL.....just kidding..... the ladies here have been around guys enough to actually be disappointed were the guys here NOT to talk about TOOLS!
.....knowing why we ended up here....this would be the least of our worries!

Hi Ahuman,

Did you know that to date, I have spent an estimated 40 days (970 hours) waiting in line? And 21.5 days as a driver waiting at stop lights.

I could be wrong....but it sounds to me you have a liiiiittle too much time on your hands...

XBW
DS16 & DS22
PLAN D: finalized!
lunamare #1689364 09/13/06 12:46 PM
T
T
Okay, gone quiet again so time for more lyrics or poems. I love songs with great lyrics. One of the great lyricists of our time is Barry White.

You know:

Oh Baby
Oh Baby
Baby
Oh Baby
Baby
Oh Baby

Wow! How does it come up with those lyrics?

Anyway, here are the actual partial lyrics from one of his songs.

You got to do anything
You got to do anything
You got to do anything
You got to do anything

You got to do anything
You got to do anything
You got to do anything

Oh, baby, sweet baby
What am I gonna do, yeah, yeah
Baby, sweet baby, my babe
What am I gonna do with you, yeah

BTW, is there a metaphor hidden in there?

ToddAC #1689365 09/13/06 12:50 PM
L
L
Hi Todd,

I guess you haven't noticed, yet....but I AM around...singing our song!

....BUT MAYBE I AM CRAAAAAAAAAZY........

XBW
DS16 & DS22
lunamare #1689366 09/13/06 12:55 PM
T
T
Hi Luna,

Yes, of course I have noticed that you around.

well,
I think you're Crazy
I think you're Crazy
I think you're Crazy
Just like me

lunamare #1689367 09/13/06 01:02 PM
L
L
I guess Barry White was trying to make a point...

It's not the lyrics that count.... but HOW you sing the words!

BTW, is there a metaphor hidden in there?

...don't see one...maybe there is a simile?

Todd.... what's up with your WW?...still thinking over your conditions...or, has she contacted you to negotiate them down?

XBW
DS16 & DS22
lunamare #1689368 09/13/06 01:14 PM
N
N
Hi All,

No, Todd I won't explain my political philosophy. I was rude to come in & drop my little stink bomb just because I was feeling...icky...after last nights non-date. It's an easy way to get people going & was looking for a debate to watch from the comfort of my home. Are you upset with me?

I generalize about the people who come from the same area of the country I do. It's wrong & childish & I'm certain I need to be punished for it.

I do like the lyrics you posted earlier, not so much the Barry White ones. His music is more visceral.

Did you se the 20/20 piece on Sandi?

Pio, your daughters are beautiful!

Hey Luna!

Formerly nam here since 07/31/03 coastal, CT
lunamare #1689369 09/13/06 01:17 PM
T
T
I have not listed the conditions this go around yet. Shortly after DD, we sat down and I unfurled the best plan A I could muster. It included the previously listed conditions. She accepted every one without debate but later broke every one of them and consistently claimed that she was "not going to be tied down" (transparency), she was not going to IC/MC since all therpaists are crazy and all they want is your money (best friend talking), NC letter (she claims she hasn't talked to or seen OM in over a year). Apparently, she is not aware of the cell logs, telephone recordings, caller ID records and PI reports that I have. I forgot the other one.

What I am doing, in effect, is giving the situation time to cool down and then will present the idea of R and the conditions. I expect her to reject all the conditions outright. I will make it clear that R can only be accomplsihed on a sturdy foundation and that a foundation composed of lies will not stand. I still expect her to reject. Honestly, this is my last good faith effort to salvage the marriage and (here comes the crazy part) I don't really want to salvage it. Due to her duplitious behavior, I can never trust her again and frankly, I don't wish to be married to a woman I cannot trust. I guess if I am honest, I am doing this so I can look in the mirror and look into my sons' eyes and tell them I tried. Giving WW enough rope to hang herself is a good way of putting it.

I am ready for the lumberyard full of 2x4's.

nams #1689370 09/13/06 01:23 PM
T
T
Nams,

You disappoint. I had engaged myself for political debate. Oh well. Just so you know, I am not a conservative nor Republican. I am a Libertarian. Both Dems and Reps want big government. They just want the big government to do different things. I want a federal government so small it would scare most folks.

No answer on Iran either? You know that Iran has announced as a goal the destruction of Israel and the US....

nams #1689371 09/13/06 01:29 PM
T
T
Did you se the 20/20 piece on Sandi?

The video will not play for some reason. I disengaged my AV and anti-spyware software but still to no avail. Any ideas?

ToddAC #1689372 09/13/06 01:30 PM
L
L
I expect her to reject all the conditions outright.

..unless lightening strikes her and she does meet them!

....who knows what 'turns' people around....but they sometimes do! we all know that...miracles have been known to happen!

...like you, Todd, I am good at 'expecting' the worst scenario....particularly if the history is there...just so I will be less hurt....

...the only problem is....we sometimes 'contribute' to creating the 'worst scenario'... and that's not good!

XBW
DS16 & DS22
ToddAC #1689373 09/13/06 01:34 PM
N
N
I would never 2x4 anyone who tries to save their marriage.

I would only say it sounds to me like you done this very thing with your WW more than once already. Is this just to give her one last chance to pull herself together?

Believe me, I made every attempt, outside of confirming an affair & exposing it, & I don't regret it though it was horrible. I can look my kids in the eyes knowing I gave their father every opportuniy to rejoin the marriage & keep the family whole. That's what mattered most to me.

nams #1689374 09/13/06 01:41 PM
T
T
Okay, to continue with "great" lyrics, here is "The Logical Song" by Supertramp.

When I was young, it seemed that life was so wonderful,
a miracle, oh it was beautiful, magical.
And all the birds in the trees, well they'd be singing so happily,
joyfully, playfully watching me.
But then they send me away to teach me how to be sensible,
logical, responsible, practical.
And they showed me a world where I could be so dependable,
clinical, intellectual, cynical...

There are times when all the world's asleep,
the questions run too deep
for such a simple man.
Won't you please, please tell me what we've learned
I know it sounds absurd
but please tell me who I am.

Now watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical,
liberal, fanatical, criminal...
Won't you sign up your name, we'd like to feel you're
acceptable, respecable, presentable, a vegtable...

At night, when all the world's asleep,
the questions run so deep
for such a simple man.
Won't you please, please tell me what we've learned
I know it sounds absurd
but please tell me who I am.

nams #1689375 09/13/06 01:42 PM
N
N
Todd, did you get the info. on the kind of tumor Sandi had?

No, no discussion of any kind concerning politics. My very smart father told me polite people do not discuss politics or religion publically. I should have stuck to that earlier. Funny, when I was droping my bomb I wondered if I'd regret it. I usualy do when I let things flywithout forethought.

Not to say you're not polite Todd.

I wonder if you approach the video from a different angle. Maybe google 20/20 see if they have archives.

nams #1689376 09/13/06 02:10 PM
T
T
Not to say you're not polite Todd.

Yeah, right!

There is only one issue that gets folks more excited than politics and I am not even going to type it out.

Googling 20/20 is a good idea. Thanks.

ToddAC #1689377 09/13/06 02:17 PM
X
X
Hi Tod
I wish I could write well in english, so I could explain me better...
Im not projected my case to pio's case, Im not cheating or lying my H, I just can be 100% transparent, because his reaction after D day.. Im "clean" since D day, my A ('s)finished, and I working to be a better person and for recovering my M.. On my D day my H started to drink,he hurt himself, and he wanted to kill himself.... days before he crashed his car, and he got a neck pain.. well besides this there is the issue of violence, he hit me three times, last one by back and I know my H has a trouble dealing with his ira. so is not a water issue as you said, Im not hidding hole truth just because I want to stay in another A , or because Im a coubard...I want to keep my family and M alive, and I want to make happy to my H, and step by step I have learned how can I fiil my H EN's..

Sorry if you need to translate my spanglish...

I wrote some things in spanish to pio, that were bad for him..I didnt have intention to botter pio, I apologized, I just expressed my point of view...

I confess that some time ago, I read some G posts and I know another point of view, nor just pio's point of view...

And also as Im a WW I understand somethings about G...I just tried to express my point of view to pio, but it was a mistake...

Thanks Tod, and my best wishes for you.

Thanks pio for your advices, and the letter that you wrote to my H, sorry again..

Page 136 of 613 1 2 134 135 136 137 138 612 613

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 500 guests, and 41 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation