Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 459 of 613 1 2 457 458 459 460 461 612 613
larousse #1695818 11/21/06 12:43 AM
L
L
I think Todd's blackmail to Steph is the only blackmail she could consider to accept.

Pio,

BigK has clearly stated that no one can leave the forum.

I know begging you won't work but think of Todd, who's he going to try to piss off?

larousse #1695819 11/21/06 12:45 AM
L
L
Todd !!!

mammogram ?

Were you also an undercover agent?

larousse #1695820 11/21/06 12:46 AM
B
B
At least someone listens to me. Thanks Larousse.

Me: 56 (FBS) Wife: 55 (FWW)
D-Day August 2005
Married 11/1982 3 Sons 27,25,23
Empty Nesters.
Fully Recovered.
larousse #1695821 11/21/06 12:51 AM
T
T
Were you also an undercover agent?

No, I was a topless agent. The mammogram apparatus is very cold on my girls.

bigkahuna #1695822 11/21/06 12:52 AM
T
T
At least someone listens to me. Thanks Larousse.

Yeah thanks Larousse for encouraging the BigK. You men all stick together, don't you?

ToddAC #1695823 11/21/06 12:59 AM
L
L
Eh Todd,

I preffer to stick to someone of the opposite sex. Besides Bigk must be really mean to dislike koalas. I wouldn't like to be on the wrong side of his friends.

Ok, just in case it works:

Pio don't go please. You give great advice, even your advice to you had improved so much.

Pio, I won't be mean to you that often. I won't look at plummers cracks.

larousse #1695824 11/21/06 01:39 AM
T
T
I won't look at plummers cracks.

It can't be helped. It's like seeing a train wreck and looking away. Besides, a plumber's crack is like a total eclipse of the sun.

larousse #1695825 11/21/06 01:41 AM
Hi everyone,

Okay, I am in Retreat at the moment and I am not even French!

Trouble is they give me an hour a day to use the internet so can't stay long. I peeped at TKO tonight and am totally destroyed by all that I am reading.

You all have to be here when I return - PLEASE ! I will need everyone of you. I think we all hurt a little more when it is Holiday time with all the associated memories etc. Emotions run high.

They are going to pull the plug on me. Come back Steph! Don't go Pio or Todd.

See you ALL soon. Hopefully I will be sane and in better spirits.

I think we need a song Todd. How about Come Together Now!!

Love Beth

2regret #1695826 11/21/06 06:10 AM
T
T
Pio - Go and get that male hamster out of the cage right now. Don't say I didn't warn you when those babies start having babies of their own.

larousse #1695827 11/21/06 07:57 AM
T
T
Nice job, ToddAC. You gave 'em what-for.

t&l

thndrnltng #1695828 11/21/06 08:25 AM
N
N
eek! Take a night off to have Chinese Buffet with my boys & people run off!

Come back! Can't we all just get along?

Todd's is woman. I suspected...

I think Pio has me on ignore since I made a nasty remark regarding American women. Would it help if I apologized Pio? And meant it.

Formerly nam here since 07/31/03 coastal, CT
nams #1695829 11/21/06 08:31 AM
N
N
Beth,

Your spirits sound up, ish.

I generally don't like to delete my posts so I won't but I posted to you with a story that doesn't relate to yours at all. Please ignore when you read it, if you do, & find yourself saying, huh?

Please know I have nothing but good thoughts for you & your boys during this horrendous time.

nams #1695830 11/21/06 08:33 AM
N
N
Hey larousse!

So, what happened with the plumber? Did he declare his love for you or just for your pipes?

When I come back I don't expect to see any nasty remarks regarding pipes. Behave.

thndrnltng #1695831 11/21/06 09:35 AM
T
T
Nice job, ToddAC. You gave 'em what-for.

t&l

What did I do?

ToddAC #1695832 11/21/06 10:10 AM
T
T
You walked into the party like you were walking onto a yacht
Your hat strategically dipped below one eye
Your scarf it was apricot
You had one eye in the mirror as you watched yourself gavotte
And all the girls dreamed that they'd be your partner
They'd be your partner, and...

You're so vain, you probably think this song is about you
You're so vain, I'll bet you think this song is about you
Don't you? Don't You?

You had me several years ago when I was still quite naive
Well you said that we made such a pretty pair
And that you would never leave
But you gave away the things you loved and one of them was me
I had some dreams, they were clouds in my coffee
Clouds in my coffee, and...

Don't you? Don't You? Don't You?

I had some dreams they were clouds in my coffee
Clouds in my coffee, and...

Don't you? Don't You?

Well I hear you went up to Saratoga and your horse naturally won
Then you flew your lear jet up to Nova Scotia
To see the total eclipse of the sun
Well you're where you should be all the time
And when you're not you're with
Some underworld spy or the wife of a close friend
Wife from a close friend, and...

Don't you? Don't You? Don't you?

ToddAC #1695833 11/21/06 11:18 AM
T
T
Hey, is that song about me? Me?

ToddAC #1695834 11/21/06 11:22 AM
T
T
Have you see the little piggies
crawling in the dirt
And for all the little piggies
Life is getting worse
Always having dirt
to play around in

Have you see the bigger piggies
In their starched white shirts
You will find the bigger piggies
Stirring up the dirt
Always have clean shirts
to play around in

In their sties with all their backing
They don't care what goes on around
In their eyes there's something lacking
What they need's a darn good whacking

Everywhere there's lots of piggies
Living piggy lives
You can see them out for dinner
With their piggy wives
Clutching forks and knives
to eat their bacon

One more time

ToddAC #1695835 11/21/06 11:24 AM
Ok, can you people not behave for one minute??? Can't we all play nice in the sandbox? You all act like you're sensitive for some reason...what's up with that? Seems like there are some trust issues and possibly something much deeper?

Hmmmmm...lots of stuff happening lately I see...

Beth, I am sorry you have to go through the issues you are dealing with, my prayers are with you. You sound like a rock as far as your outlook on life goes. I hope that after your grief and anger there will be something positive in it for you to find...if there is I know you will find it!

Regarding all the squabbling about advice...this is not my thread so I just toss my 2cents in here and there...everyone knows we are the toys from misfit island here so...we are all protective of each other and want to see everyone find a little piece of happiness regardless of their sitch. I can say that had I not thought I was different or that MB principles could be chosen and picked cafeteria style I may have spared myself lots of heartache and a lot of WH cake eating time. OTOH, the extra time may not have helped my marriage but it helped me prepare for what I am dealing with now...which is basically a nightmare. Plan A proved to me that I am worth something more than I thought, that I can basically do anything with the help of God and support of folks like you on TKO. The extra Plan A time for me did squash my feelings of love for my H but it gave me time to work on me, to see that no matter how wonderful I was and how many opportunities I put out there that the WH was just that.

I unfortunately have learned most of life lessons through the school of hard knocks. I often times need things to be proven to me or see them at work producing results. I have difficulty believing without seeing. I have never been good at giving up...which is how I viewed plan B. I was also petrified to put plan B in motion with my kids interest in mind. Was I right, wrong, indifferent????

I can't say but I'm still here. I haven't gone off the deep end yet despite all the pushing. Why? Because regardless of how my behavior may have frustrated people here I was still given the hugs and support along with some 2x4's to help me remain strong.

We are family and it is Thanksgiving time where I come from...I am thankful for all of you here on MB/TKO, whether I agree with you or not, for taking the time to post, for showing us all sides of the situations and possibilities, for putting yourselves out there with all the personal information and heartache it must be to relive some of the lower moments of your stories for all of us to benefit from.

I am thankful for freedom of speech and expression and the privilige
to threaten Todd and his lyrics and Pio and his pink shorts and bust on Nams plumber's crack and Larousse's Tequila habit and Booka's testosterone rush...need I say more

Thanks guys...hugz and luv...keep on wrasslin

PS. Don't you get higher star ratings with more contraversy? Just a thought for Pio the star hater

PSS. FF, thanks for keeping your eye on me!!!!

2muchhrtbrk #1695836 11/21/06 12:39 PM
B
B
2muchhrtbrk,

Thanks for your mention of me and my testosterone rush continues on. I have accepted an invitation for the holiday with two of my sisters and am pleased to be invited. My family has become more important to me with the recent events and I hope to reconnect and undo any old damage. I feel that I have been indifferent to my family for years and now is the time for me to step up.

I have been out of the house for over two weeks now and find that my current stage involves anger. I don't express my anger to its target or anyone else for that matter, but I cuss under my breath all of the time.

On a lighter note, I made an offer yesterday for the new house that I have been looking at. I will receive a counter-offer today, so it looks like things will be progressing.

I have been visiting the old homestead on weekends to pick up belongings and to converse with STBXW and my daughter. I have been taking DD13 out to dinner once a week and tonight is our night to do so.

I'm excited about the house, but have a lot o work ahead of me to complete this transaction. The good news is that it is a project that fulfils of lot of what I need right now. My mood is generally good. One day at a time...

Me: 48 XW: 44 DD: 15
Lived Together: 7 Married: 18 Total: 25 years
W announced divorce 11-3-2006, I moved out 11-7-2006, served papers 11-8-2006. Divorce final 12-19-2006. Life gets better every day.
booka #1695837 11/21/06 12:58 PM
C
C
I haven't ever replied on this thread. But having read these last few pages felt compelled to do so.
What some of the so-called oldtimers forget is that we as spouses know our H or W much better than anyone on a message board does. Even the Harleys' will tell you there is no cut and dry way to handle this situation.
MY dh and I are 8 years past all of the affair crap. AND HE HAD TO, THROUGH CIRCUMSTANCES BEING WHAT THEY WERE,WORK WITH OW FOR OVER A YEAR AFTER DDAY. But, he was commited to US and here we are now. Happy, moved way past it, and totally commited to each other. So for anyone to say that someone on this board is "beyond hope' because complete NC is not an option is ludicrous. Sometimes NC is not an option. It is easier for recovery if it is. But not always possable.

6 grands
DDay August 15,1998
Reconcilled Mid-Sept.1998
Husband40 FWS, Me 47 BW
Fully recovered and moving on!
Page 459 of 613 1 2 457 458 459 460 461 612 613

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 494 guests, and 69 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation