Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
U
OP Offline
U
I don't know whether this would be better in the Family Fun section or not, if it would be, mods/admin feel free to move it.

Recreation is something that my wife and I need, but don't get a lot of together. We have a 2 year old boy which somewhat complicates things. We're having a hard enough time trynig to come up with similar interests in things we can do together, but becuase we don't know a lot of people in our area and our families live so far away, getting a babysitter for the day/weekend is tough. We partially have a hard time leaving him with anybody, especially someone who isn't family, and definitely someone we don't/haven't known personally for a long time.

My question is, does anybody have any ideas for love-building recreational activities for spouses that would be appropriate with a 2 year old in tow? I know having a child along won't allow the mood to get as romantic, but right now I think we'll take what we can get.

A
A
You can go hiking at a park with him in a baby backpack. He might fall asleep and give you two time to "smooch" in the woods.

Me-39 Wife-38 Son-13 Son-11 Aniv-3-26-94
I
I
My husband and I have a three year old and we just moved to a new area so I know how you feel You end up doing a whole lot more at home than going out. You don't have to go out and spend money to do something romantic. We take one night a week, keep the kid up from his nap and put him to bed early and cook dinner together. We try to do a recipe that we have never done before so it makes it interesting as well as fun.

Something else to consider about childcare.. Is there any colleges in your area? A lot of students who are getting early childhood development degrees get credits for the hours they watch children. You might want to look up the local college ads and interview a few students. I know this has helped us get out from time to time. We have met a few great girls who love children. Just a thought

FWW-28
BH-41(still claiming 34 LOL!)
DS-3
D-DAY 05/08
EA 07/07-10/07
PA 10/07-12/07
MARRIED 08/19/2001
ON OUR WAY TO RECOVERY
ON MY WAY TO BECOMING A BETTER WIFE
S
S
What kind of things do you and your wife normally like to do together? The other day my husband and I went to watch a college baseball game ... there were lots of little kids there playing around on the hillsides next to the baseball field and it was pretty inexpensive.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,116 guests, and 67 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation