Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
P
P
Two months ago he was in her hotel room at 2:30 am! That sounds repentant???

July 21st

edit to add - he's "sorry" alright :RollieEyes: sorry he got caught last month while his wife thought the adultery stopped 2 years ago ...

the money trail is going to reveal a lot more than the Enquirer story ever did

Last edited by Pepperband; 08/10/08 09:21 AM.
M
M
Originally Posted by medc
He at least sounds repentant (though the upstanding thing 2 have done would have been 2 admit the affair publicly, not just 2 his family, particularly since he's a public figure).

are you kidding? He confessed this to his wife in 2006. Two months ago he was in her hotel room at 2:30 am! That sounds repentant??? Come on 2long.

Medc, I'm sure he was just doing what any good repentant wayward does and was saying his final goodbye ....... for four hours... in a hotel room..... in the middle of the night. laugh

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

P
P
classic adultery "closure"

M
M
Originally Posted by Pepperband
classic adultery "closure"

yep, yep, dats it! He was getting "closure!" grin

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

M
M
it actually worries me that any person could see him as repentant. It is time to raise the bar!

Haha!

Okay, I change my 2ne. I haven't read the articles, so I didn't know he'd been doing this still so recently.

On CBS Sunday morning, they mentioned a poll that said that 56% of americans don't care if a candidate has had an affair.

-ol' 2long

T
T
"Closure" of what? His zipper? :RollieEyes:

P
P
Originally Posted by thndrnltng
"Closure" of what? His zipper? :RollieEyes:

*thud*

M
M
I just saw on foxnews.com that Hunter is trash talking JE's wife!!

Off with her head!!

K
K
Oh how I hope that this sl**'s money well is about to dry up!

M
M
Andrew Aldridge Young is the former Edwards campaign worker and assistant who has claimed to be the father of John Edward's mistress Rielle Hunter's baby. Young has a wife and three children. Dallas attorney and John Edwards supporter Fred Baron recently confirmed that he financed Young, his family, and Hunter's move to Santa Barbara, claiming to have financed the move and living expenses without the knowledge of Edwards. Young's name does not appear on the Hunter baby's birth certificate, which has kept open questions about whether Young is actually the father.

Now public records searches reveal a history of criminal charges and convictions that paint a potentially different picture of Young than that of a typical campaign worker. The records, published on the website WebOfDeception.com, appear to list over twenty different criminal offenses and a tax lien.

LINK

Interesting info about Rielle Hunter at that link too.

M
M
I find it unbelievable that IF the other guy is the father, why his wife would move with the OW to another state? It sounds like they all went as friends, but even if they didn't, I sure as hell wouldn't move willingly to the same town/state/planet as the OW who has my H's OC. Or did I miss something?

That is the part that makes this all still smell bad as far as John Edwards is concerned. He's not the father, but visits. Young is the father, but not listed. No paternity test will be done because it will blow this whole cover to smithereens! Stinky. My BS radar is on high alert!

A
A
Keeping It Rielle
By MAUREEN DOWD
August 9, 2008 NYT

John Edwards’s confession was a little bit breathtaking.

Not the sex stuff. That happens here all the time.

And certainly not covering up the sex stuff. That happens here all the time, too. First people uncover; then they cover up.

Nobody’s ever had sex with that woman until, suddenly, they have.

The stunning admission Edwards made to ABC’s Bob Woodruff, and in a written statement from Chapel Hill on Friday afternoon, was that he’s a narcissist.

He admitted that wallowing in “self-focus” out on the trail and thinking you’re “special” can result in a solipsism that “leads you to believe you can do whatever you want, you’re invincible and there’ll be no consequences.”

Auto-psychoanalysis by the perp. That’s really rich. When Bill Clinton acknowledged an affair, after equally adamant denials, he simply went into an old-fashioned spiral of penitence, his allegedly long, dark night of his alleged soul.

Even in confessing to preening, Edwards was preening. His diagnosis of narcissism was weirdly narcissistic, or was it self-narcissistic? Given his diagnosis, I’m sure his H.M.O. would pay.

The creepiest part of his creepy confession was when he stressed to Woodruff that he cheated on Elizabeth in 2006 when her cancer was in remission. His infidelity was oncologically correct.

So narcissist walks into a New York bar and meets a legendarily wacky former Gotham party girl — whose ’80s exploits were chronicled in a novel by her former boyfriend Jay McInerney because the behavior of her and her friends “intrigued and appalled me.” When you appall Jay McInerney, you know you’re in trouble.

The president manqué gives Rielle Hunter, formerly Lisa Druck, more than $114,000 to shoot vain little videos for his Web site (even though she’s a neophyte), one of which is scored with the song “True Reflections” about the Narcissus pool, which goes: “When you look into a mirror, do you like what’s looking at you? Now that you’ve seen your true reflections, what on earth are you gonna do?”

He has an affair with Hunter, while he’s honing his speech on the imperative to “live in a moral, honest, just America.” A married former aide says he’s the father when she gets pregnant, even though she’s telling people Edwards is the dad. And one of his campaign donors pays off Hunter to get her resettled with the baby out of North Carolina.

But the Breck Girl wants a gold star for the fact that he sent his marriage into remission when his wife was in remission. That’s special.

In his statement, he bleats: “You cannot beat me up more than I have already beaten up myself. I have been stripped bare.” Isn’t stripping bare how he got into this mess?

It isn’t like we didn’t know that the son of a millworker was a little enraptured by himself, radiating self-love from his smile and his man-in-a-hurry airs and the notorious $800 bill for a pair of haircuts and his two-minute YouTube hair primping to the tune of “I Feel Pretty.”

Certain men assume that power confers sexual privilege. And in American politics, there is an eternal disjunction between character and achievement. Sinners do good things, saints do bad things.

Still, it’s bizarre the way these pols spend millions getting their faces plastered everywhere and then think they can do something in secret. “Yeah, I didn’t think anyone would ever know about it, I didn’t,” Edwards said.

In one of the Web films Hunter directed, he actually flirts with the blonde, laughingly telling her that his address on morality is “a great speech” and complaining, “Why don’t you hear me give it live?”

For some reason, super-strivers have a need to sell what is secretly weakest about themselves, as if they yearn for unmasking. Edwards’s decency and concern for the weak in society — except for his own wife. Bill Clinton’s intellect and love of community — except for his stupidity and destructiveness about Monica. Bush the Younger’s jocular, I’m-in-charge self-confidence — except for turning over his presidency, as no president ever has, to his Veep. Eliot Spitzer’s crusade for truth, justice and the American way — except at home.

In the Hunter video titled “Plane Truths,” Edwards is relaxing on his plane, telling the out-of-frame director: “I’ve come to the personal conclusion that I actually want the country to see who I am, who I really am, but I don’t know what the result of that will be. But for me personally, I’d rather be successful or unsuccessful based on who I really am, not based on some plastic Ken doll that you put up in front of audiences.” Ken couldn’t have said it better.

Back in 2002, Edwards sent me a Ken doll dressed in bathing trunks, Rio de Janeiro Ken, with a teasing note, because he didn’t like my reference to him as a Ken doll in a column.

In retrospect, the comparison was not fair — to Ken.

"Never forget that your pain means nothing to a WS." ~Mulan

"An ethical man knows it is wrong to cheat on his wife. A moral man will not actually do it." ~ Ducky

WS: They are who they are.

When an eel lunges out
And it bites off your snout
Thats a moray ~DS
K
K
Sickening. I'm glad he didn't get the nomination.

McCain is very similar. He also cheated on and ditched a critically injured wife for a younger model. He is living in an affairage, which is a definite dirty word here on the MB forums (as it should be.)

And our other choice, well don't even get me started. Seriously, are there NO moral options to run for President of the United States?

B
B
Nice article.

That this WITCH can scorn the betrayed wife, makes me see RED. If I was ever an adulteress, I would hope that I would keep my mouth shut about the wife. It's so snarky and sleazy.

M
M
Believer..it infuriates me too. I'm speechless. How in the world do you do that publicly? No class. None. His poor wife.

F
F
And our other choice, well don't even get me started. Seriously, are there NO moral options to run for President of the United States?

KIR - why not just ask Obama, he'll tell you what he thinks you want to hear.

Seriously, are there NO moral options to run for President of the United States?

Nope. We kicked God and "moral absolutes" out of the country years ago and now we have the products of that choice.

"Morality is relative" is the "new standard." Just ask the career politicians.

Like 2long said, 56% percent of the people don't see anything wrong in a candidate who has been involved in adultery. Perhaps that's "moral blindness," perhaps it's "moral relativism," or more likely it's just a way to justify in their own minds that THEY can do whatever they want to do and NO ONE has the "right" to tell them they are wrong. Of course, they DO reserve for themselves the "right" to tell YOU that you are wrong if you don't "believe as they believe." Absolutes? "Relativisim" tends to end rather quickly when someone feels like THEY are losing something to someone else's "relative moral standards."

K
K
**EDIT**

Last edited by Revera; 08/13/08 02:00 PM. Reason: personal attack

Divorced
T
T
I'll hold my breath. I'm SURE it will be soon.

I don't know if anybody else is still waiting on those retractions, but I give up. I just HAVE to breathe...... Very deep sighsighsighsighsighsighsighsighsighsighsigh .

F
F
thdrnltng - "It'll be a cold day before the 'Breck Girl' Edwards tells the truth.

He was forced into an admission that he had been lying for years.

He is still lying and attempting to continue to make people think that "character doesn't count."

As for Ms. Hunter....a vivid insight into the workings of the mind of an "Other Woman." "DIE Elizabeth, DIE! Then John and I can be married and live 'happily ever after'."

"John is such a smart and GOOD man!"

Liars lie...and continue lying and parsing the truth to rationalize their lies.

puke

Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,116 guests, and 67 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation