Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
M
M
Originally Posted by Dancing_Machine
Originally Posted by princessmeggy
Charlotte and PM, what would you do if your H was beating you up and yelling at you?

He'd get one swing.

LOL! That was almost the start of my answer but the one swing would have to be a sucker punch, otherwise the swing would just swish through the air.

Charlotte

So say he has you cornered in the kitchen and is taking punches? What do you do?

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

L
L
well, let's examine this. I was a cop...I dealt with this stuff all the time. Your experience is what?
I recognize the tactic of diversion and will respect it, medc.

Take care

M
M
Originally Posted by LovingBoundaries
It is highly possible that someone said that to you, medc....and now you're saying it to me.....under different circumstances but similar feelings?

What does this mean exactly, LB?

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

C
C
I guess that I took for granted that I live in a place where abuse is taken seriously enough to not require people to either put themselves in harm's way trying to get their shoes, purse, medicine, whatever, or to stand out in the cold after leaving a situation before it escalates further.

She left because he was yelling...she needed her shoes in the snow....call the police.

I say call the police if she is LEAVING for good.

"Officer, I need to leave my abusive Husband....and I would like to get my belongings out of the house, but I am scared that he will harm me"....might be legitimate.

"Officer, my husband is yelling at me....and I don't want to go back into the house until he stops....I ran out in the snow without my shoes on...will you please come over and get them for me?" dontknow :RollieEyes:

If you don't have enough sense to leave him...I don't know how much hand holding you can expect from law enforcement officers.

People embroiled and ADDICTED to abusive situations want to call the police for every little thing...because it adds to the drama. They want the police to settle the situation down a tiny bit...so that they can get right back on that pony.

I do believe that SOME people are addicted to the drama that comes with an abusive situation. They are in victim mode so that they know nothing else.

Sometimes, you are no longer a victim...but a volunteer.

committed

D
D
Originally Posted by MelodyLane
Originally Posted by princessmeggy
Charlotte and PM, what would you do if your H was beating you up and yelling at you?

He'd get one swing.

LOL! That was almost the start of my answer but the one swing would have to be a sucker punch, otherwise the swing would just swish through the air.

Charlotte

So say he has you cornered in the kitchen and is taking punches? What do you do?

Protect my head as much as possible while pushing him to get past him or pushing him onto the floor so I can run to the phone for 911, or better-grab the cell and run outside to call 911.

It would be easy to take him out, though, if I really wanted. He has that "neck thing" and all I would have to do would be a good karate chop to that area and that would be it. Or, yeah, the family jewels thing.

I mean, if you are talking about a "knock-down, drag-out fight like "it's you or me, Kid" "Make my day!" then h*ll yeah I would defend myself! You can bet your cookies on that!

Only long enough to get away and call the cops, though and let them handle the rest.

Charlotte

L
L
It was an invitation of a sort, ML....one that medc declined. Due to the subject matter that must be respected.

D
D
Originally Posted by committedandlovi
I guess that I took for granted that I live in a place where abuse is taken seriously enough to not require people to either put themselves in harm's way trying to get their shoes, purse, medicine, whatever, or to stand out in the cold after leaving a situation before it escalates further.

She left because he was yelling...she needed her shoes in the snow....call the police.

I say call the police if she is LEAVING for good.

"Officer, I need to leave my abusive Husband....and I would like to get my belongings out of the house, but I am scared that he will harm me"....might be legitimate.

"Officer, my husband is yelling at me....and I don't want to go back into the house until he stops....I ran out in the snow without my shoes on...will you please come over and get them for me?" dontknow :RollieEyes:

If you don't have enough sense to leave him...I don't know how much hand holding you can expect from law enforcement officers.

People embroiled and ADDICTED to abusive situations want to call the police for every little thing...because it adds to the drama. They want the police to settle the situation down a tiny bit...so that they can get right back on that pony.

I do believe that SOME people are addicted to the drama that comes with an abusive situation. They are in victim mode so that they know nothing else.

Sometimes, you are no longer a victim...but a volunteer.

committed

Too true. Great post, committed!

Charlotte

C
C

I am ashamed to say that I've been there.

I was cornered and I came out fighting.

Swinging...and no slaps either. Fists to face...you'd have thought my name was Sugar Ray.

He even criticized my fighting. Seems like I fought like a Man...and didn't take it like a woman should.

Yep, that's what he said. think

Shoulda known then that it was time to cut and run. Wasn't long after that he got his walking papers.

So, Mel....I was one of those crazy southern women that can swing with the best of them.

It is hard to imagine me ever having done that. Quite shocking really.

I know that people in abusive situations won't leave until they decide to leave. People that are addicted to the drama...just tick me off.

committed

M
M
It was an invitation of a sort, ML....one that medc declined. Due to the subject matter that must be respected.

Huh? It sounded like drivel to me. An invite of a sort....I usually don't turn those down. Feel free to post away skippy.

C&L...You are right...want to leave the abuser...get her stuff...call the police. They still might not get involved and suggest that she get her stuff when he is not there...BUT, it certainly is more reflective of what they could help with.

M
M
Honestly, you are either making this up...or are just woefully uninformed.
Neither.

But deep down I suspect that you already know that.

Take a look at what you said.....

It is highly possible that someone said that to you, medc....and now you're saying it to me.....under different circumstances but similar feelings?

Take care

And no, I know you are either misinformed or just making it up.

And I KNOW when someone is blowing smoke up my asss. You have that routine down pat.

L
L
Huh? It sounded like drivel to me. An invite of a sort....I usually don't turn those down.
I understand, medc.

Take care

M
M
LB, I understand you too. I'm sorry for your obvious issues with truth.

M
M

I didn't see him decline any "invitation", LB. I still don't understand what you said. Can you not just say what you mean?

Exposure 101

L
L
LB, I understand you too. I'm sorry for your obvious issues with truth.
I understand, medc.

Take care

M
M
Psychobabble Mel...it isn't hard to recognize on these boards. LB thinks there is always a deeper meaning to posts.

M
M
It would be easy to take him out, though, if I really wanted. He has that "neck thing" and all I would have to do would be a good karate chop to that area and that would be it. Or, yeah, the family jewels thing.

I mean, if you are talking about a "knock-down, drag-out fight like "it's you or me, Kid" "Make my day!" then h*ll yeah I would defend myself! You can bet your cookies on that!

Thanks Charlotte!! You have restored my faith in womynkind!!! hurray

kiss

Exposure 101

D
D
Originally Posted by MelodyLane

Thanks Charlotte!! You have restored my faith in womynkind!!! hurray

kiss

skeptical

rotflmao Just kiddin'!

You're welcome!!

Hey, us short chicks have an advantage. We are close enough for that "grab and twist" manuever. Brang 'em tuh thar knees!!

Or: faint Knock 'em flat!

And then: flirt Aw...I sowwy...did that hurt 'ums wittle wee-wee? flirt (Awl innocent-lahk an' everythang...)

grin

M
M
Originally Posted by committedandlovi
So, Mel....I was one of those crazy southern women that can swing with the best of them.

commie, I knew you wuz bad to the bone!! :twobyfour:

Exposure 101

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 130 guests, and 60 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Confused1980, Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms
71,840 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation