Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 71 of 95 1 2 69 70 71 72 73 94 95
S
OP Offline
S
I wouldn't be jealous. We all get there in our own time. Now that the spine is feeling better, I'm able to do more, so my mood is boosted. I also get lots of compliments on how I'm looking, from MEN blush and women alike.

I AM lookin good, I must say. Still have some of that MOM belly to lose, but it's shrinkin daily.

The spicy dress is a jcrew number that they don't sell anymore. It's a blend of cotton, I think CADY cotton, that looks like silk. It's fitted at the top--scoop neck--A-line dress. FUSCHIA!!! I'm thinking some hot black heels and maybe a teensy green clutch--gotta find some jewelry. Also, I can only wear this if I lose an inch or so off of my back and tummy. We'll see.

I was planning on adding weight to my walk soon--just 4 pounds at first-- to promote muscle development and increased bone density.

Me-BS-38
Married 1997; son, 8yo
Divorced April 2009
B
B
"The spicy dress is a jcrew number that they don't sell anymore. It's a blend of cotton, I think CADY cotton, that looks like silk. It's fitted at the top--scoop neck--A-line dress. FUSCHIA!!! I'm thinking some hot black heels and maybe a teensy green clutch--gotta find some jewelry"

Forget the jewelry. Just get some 6 inch F-me pumps.

B
B
I have no idea what the he11 ya'll are talking about, BUT the words hot and spicy used in the same sentence as dress makes me want to see pictures.

:MrEEk:

Last edited by BetrayedCajun; 09/19/08 10:18 PM. Reason: carry on.....with lots of details!

BS 33 EXWW 35 DS 5
OM1 9/06 - 03/07
OM2 04/07 - present
Divorced May 8, 2008
C
C
Originally Posted by believer

Oh Believer, you are so funny. If either one of you figure out how to walk in those things (with bunyons), let me know. I may just get a pair too. grin

Last edited by ChaiLover; 09/20/08 10:19 AM.

BS - me 56
XWH - 57

12/25/06 - Dday - WH promised NC. Plan A in effect. Thought we were in recovery.

6-3-07 - Dday#2 Found out NC never took place and A never ended. Found MB NC promised again, but WH would not write NC letter.

9/07 - Dday #3. Still lying and sneaking around. Plan B implemented
WH wants nothing to do with me

Divorced as of 12/09 after 36 years
L
L
Believer,

...do I understand correctly that you actually OWN one of these 'things', and actually use them to WALK in/on? cry

...my FEET hurt just IMAGINING walking in them! :RollieEyes:

XBW
DS16 & DS22
PLAN D: finalized!
W
W
Wazzup, amiga?

Fox

S
OP Offline
S
Funny how I login to update and I got my good friend Foxy calling me out. I must have felt a disturbance in the force of sumthin.

Well, papers have been filed with the court, not just waiting on the Z to be served. I did forewarn him that he would be served at work, to which he responded with his address. Interesting how he's willing to work with me when he may have to face something REAL at work, in front of his coworkers. My take, he shoulda thought about that when I asked him for his address months ago. He was supposed to supply it to the school for emergency purposes. I think he just supplied his PO Box, cause that's where I would look for him in case of an emergency smirk der dee der.

Anyway, DS had a two hour football practice this weekend, in the driving rain, and seemed to enjoy himself (all the parents were okay with it, 'cause it wasn't cold, just WET). It was a lot of fun watching them. The 6-8 group faced the 9-11 group in a mini scrimmage, and made some really good plays, getting past their defenders. It was hilarious listening to the two coaches' banter. Good stuff.

Still haven't reached a settlement on the house. I'm growing less interested in fighting to stay there by the minute. I've actually started considering the possibility of moving away alltogether, to the west coast. I dunno, just daydreaming, i guess, but now would be the time to do it. The only thing holding me back is fighting over custody issues with the Z. I would consider a more 50:50 sort of arrangement if I moved that far away, because I know I wouldn't want to be without my son, and it SEEMS that the Z is becoming more involved in DS's life.

I would hate to hurt DS any more, too, so that keeps the thought of moving more of a pipe dream. It's something i've always wanted to do, just didn't have the nerve before, or was with the Z by the time I could afford to do it. Life has a funny way of sidetracking me.

I've been walking lots these days--usually 4 times a week--45 minutes at a clip. I added about 5lbs this morning, and did really well--only did 30 minutes though, will build back up as time goes on and then add more weight, and so on and so on. I've lost a couple of inches around the ole waistline and my legs are taking on their former shapely appearance. I feel good, too. My brain is functioning much better, and anxiety really is low. I'm only taking half the dose of my meds every two days now. I'm thinking about weaning completely after six months. have to talk to my doc. I think I should wait until after the divorce goes thru, but like I've said many times lately, I'm DONE. The biggest stressor to come will be moving :RollieEyes:

I come here less often these days. Don't really keep up with anybody but the current Bee's and divorced. I don't really feel fully equipped to help the newly betrayed or to help the waywards who come looking for help, but enveloped in fog. I give back however I can. These days, I'm more interested in shedding my 'betrayed spouse' tag and truly moving on, to be just a girl who has survived. I've got the tools I need for better future relationship, which I am ever so grateful for.

Anyway, that's was floating around in this pea brain of mine. How y'all doing?

Me-BS-38
Married 1997; son, 8yo
Divorced April 2009
C
C
I must have felt a disturbance in the force of sumthin.

That happens when I eat at Taco Bell.

The 6-8 group faced the 9-11 group in a mini scrimmage, and made some really good plays, getting past their defenders. It was hilarious listening to the two coaches' banter. Good stuff.

I would have paid to see that.

I come here less often these days. Don't really keep up with anybody but the current Bee's and divorced. I don't really feel fully equipped to help the newly betrayed or to help the waywards who come looking for help, but enveloped in fog. I give back however I can. These days, I'm more interested in shedding my 'betrayed spouse' tag and truly moving on, to be just a girl who has survived. I've got the tools I need for better future relationship, which I am ever so grateful for.

Me too.

Testosterone boys! Testosterone! It ain’t just for nose, ear and back hair anymore!
S
OP Offline
S
I've basically gotten to the point where I don't even want to talk about the past three years with any of my friends anymore. I wanna talk about other stuff, I wanna talk about THEIR marriages, their kids, their lives.

I don't identify nearly as much with my formerly darkened soul anymore. Thankfully, that's not my status quo--I'm generally a very peppy, happy go lucky girl. The abuse is something that cannot be taken back, and it has changed me, but it's not WHO I am.

In my situation, the old love bank has been long drained; it just took me a couple of months to let go of old habits, old behaviors. I'm the old me, with new and improved features. I'm even trying to recapture my old physique, as much as is possible.

I've even shared space with the Z at the football practices, said a couple of words in passing and am still totally indifferent. I don't wanna be friends--NOPE--I know better. Coparenting is it.

Me-BS-38
Married 1997; son, 8yo
Divorced April 2009
W
W
Well, papers have been filed with the court, not just waiting on the Z to be served. I did forewarn him that he would be served at work, to which he responded with his address.

Funny how that works. :RollieEyes:

I think he just supplied his PO Box, cause that's where I would look for him in case of an emergency der dee der.

Again, :RollieEyes:

The 6-8 group faced the 9-11 group in a mini scrimmage, and made some really good plays, getting past their defenders. It was hilarious listening to the two coaches' banter. Good stuff.

I bet that was a blast! I miss some of the little girl antics from DDs. Teenage antics aren't nearly as cute.

I've actually started considering the possibility of moving away alltogether, to the west coast.

I vote MONTANA!!!!! I promise I'll sit out on the deck and drink wine with ya!

Who needs a coast? We've got the contintal divide! We can invent our own coast if we have enough wine. pray

The only thing holding me back is fighting over custody issues with the Z.

Yeah, that is kind of a sticker.

As I told BC just a moment ago - where there is a will, there is a way.

If it is your will, there is a way to be found.

I've got the tools I need for better future relationship, which I am ever so grateful for.

Me, too. Now, if I could just spring them on the right male of the species.........

Fox

S
OP Offline
S
Girl--let the mountain come to you! THEN you can spring your mad knowledge on him. You are worth every effort.

I think it's important for the man to do the chasing, and to catch you. Next step is following thru. Seems likes lots of DUDES have a problem following thru. I hear REAL MEN don't have those issues wink

Me-BS-38
Married 1997; son, 8yo
Divorced April 2009
C
C
Follow through is very important in a good outside shot. Oh, and keep your elbow in and extend your body. And keep your eyes on the rim, don't watch the flight of the ball.

Testosterone boys! Testosterone! It ain’t just for nose, ear and back hair anymore!
W
W
And keep your eyes on the rim, don't watch the flight of the ball.

DARN!! THAT's where I've been going wrong.

flirt

Fox

S
OP Offline
S
Man ooooooh man, BC has a lot to work with when you talk like that Chrisner. Lots. You ARE brave.

Me-BS-38
Married 1997; son, 8yo
Divorced April 2009
C
C
You ARE brave.

Well, it's your thread.

S
OP Offline
S
Originally Posted by chrisner
And keep your eyes on the rim, don't watch the flight of the ball.

Originally Posted by Foxy lady
DARN!! THAT's where I've been going wrong

Um, correct me if I'm wrong, but I though you were a lady, foxy. I never would have pegged you for a guy.

Me-BS-38
Married 1997; son, 8yo
Divorced April 2009
W
W
Ummmmmm.....I was talking about BASKETBALL!!! grumble

NOT whatever thing all you DIRTY-minded folks are talking 'bout.

flirt

Fox

B
B
Originally Posted by wildhorses74
Ummmmmm.....I was talking about BASKETBALL!!! grumble

NOT whatever thing all you DIRTY-minded folks are talking 'bout.

flirt

Fox

This coming from the same woman that named her dog "COOTER" :RollieEyes:

sorry, with the current material it was the best I could do without violating the TOS. whistle

BS 33 EXWW 35 DS 5
OM1 9/06 - 03/07
OM2 04/07 - present
Divorced May 8, 2008
C
C
Hi SL,

So glad to hear you doing so well!! Please keep coming here because you are such an inspiration to those of us walking behind you. You and the others are proof that we really aren't going to die from this. That we maybe can get through it....

Well I'm with you on the West coast. Have always loved it there, but have had so many people tell me that I would hate it if I lived there. My friend in Brentwood says that I like it because it seems like I'm on vacation when I'm there. You know, getting up at 10am, sipping coffee at the local Starbucks, shopping, and doing all the fun stuff girls do. Says I would hate it if I had to get up and fight the traffic everyday. I don't care, it has to be better than than fighting winters in the Midwest......

Keep up the good work SL.

BS - me 56
XWH - 57

12/25/06 - Dday - WH promised NC. Plan A in effect. Thought we were in recovery.

6-3-07 - Dday#2 Found out NC never took place and A never ended. Found MB NC promised again, but WH would not write NC letter.

9/07 - Dday #3. Still lying and sneaking around. Plan B implemented
WH wants nothing to do with me

Divorced as of 12/09 after 36 years
Q
Q
Ladies,

Well I'm with you on the West coast. Have always loved it there, but have had so many people tell me that I would hate it if I lived there.
From the girl on the west coast.

I hardly ever disagree with what you smart ladies always say, but I will on this. Where California may have their issues, I can tell you living in the Pacific Northwest is one of the most amazing places on earth and believe you would love it.

Ok, so it rains 360 days a year, but who needs sunshine when you have lattes at every corner or another company, trees to share the air with and traffic galore. rotflmao

Seriously, the west coast is really a wonderful place and Chai, if you ever would entertain moving out here, we could live together like college girls.

SL been awhile since we last spoke. I think of you often and truly am glad to hear you are doing ok. Your strength and willingness to accept nothing but the best for you, gives me something to strive for in my life.

I am not at that place yet, but I admire it so.

BS 52, FWH 53, Married 1-1-84
D-day 5-14-07, WH moved in with OW
Plan A 9 months, DARK Plan B 3-17-08 until 3-2-09
WH and OW broke up 1-09
Started over 7-09
Page 71 of 95 1 2 69 70 71 72 73 94 95

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 827 guests, and 50 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation