Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 120 of 152 1 2 118 119 120 121 122 151 152
D
OP Offline
D
Originally Posted by not2fun
rotflmao rotflmao rotflmao rotflmao

Char,

Can I just tell you "YOU ARE MY HERO"????......

I love reading your stuff...it always brings a smile to my face, even when nothing else will...... kiss kiss

not2fun

Awwwwww.....thanks not2!!! That is SO SWEEEEEEET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kiss kiss kiss

Yeah, it's NEVER boring around here. NEVER!!!! LMAO!!!!!!

C
C
Can you believe how far you've come?

C
C
Char,

Are you going to trial because you couldn't agree on settlement? I thought that you had that wrapped up. Maybe I missed something somewhere. Probably did since your thread is so dang long.

Give me the Cliff Note summary please.....

BS - me 56
XWH - 57

12/25/06 - Dday - WH promised NC. Plan A in effect. Thought we were in recovery.

6-3-07 - Dday#2 Found out NC never took place and A never ended. Found MB NC promised again, but WH would not write NC letter.

9/07 - Dday #3. Still lying and sneaking around. Plan B implemented
WH wants nothing to do with me

Divorced as of 12/09 after 36 years
D
OP Offline
D
LOL!! Sometimes I can't. Sometimes I think I really will wake up and realize I'm in a padded room trussed up in a straitjacket and that this was all a dream.

And HEY!!! I witnessed a will...I'm BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD now! I'm nationwide!!!!

Actually, it was two wills, a husband and a wife. Double bad, me! Heck yeah!!! Bad to the bone!!!!!!!!!!!

cool

dance2 dance2 dance2

Oh yeah, and I forgot to add the funny part. I wore my concert tee to school so I still had it on when I went to Shiny's. It says, "The Evil that Men Do," (which is a song by the band) and has a little dude holding up a contract. PERFECT for witnessing a will, eh? LMAO!!

rotflmao

D
OP Offline
D
Give me the Cliff Note summary please.....

rotflmao

Well, Chai...I'll try!!!!

Gray "absolutely refuses" to agree to pay spousal support. He offered some paltry amount like $600 a month. I just don't feel that is fair, I have to go to school so I can become a Certified chef!!

I mean, I can do a LOT of things but that is not going to get me a job to the point where I can support myself. And it's going to take some time to write the book, too.

I don't think that it's unreasonable for him to continue to help me. I took care of him through thick and thin and sick and sin. I stood by him when Boy1 wanted to live with us instead of him Mom and it was a horrendous mess in court. (Because I didn't know Shiny then, or it would have been, "Wham-bam, thank you, Ma'am!) LOL!

Then we had problems with Boy because of his mental state. But we stuck it out and helped him. We ended up having to do "tough love" with him and I don't know if that was what ended up turning him around but he got himself turned around, by gum!!

And my family bonded with all the kids, too. Especially my Mom, they were never "steps." To any of us.

So he couldn't handle it when he thought I was going to kick the bucket and turned to someone else. Of course, who KNOWS how he twisted history around. He already brought up the thing with my ex-SIL up through his attorney and that's just bs. Of the purest ray serene!!!!!!!!

Anyway, nothing was mentioned yesterday about it. He was on his best behaviour, and so was his bro.

I don't care what he thinks he's going to do. He doesn't seem to understand that my attorney WILL rule the day! (Hey, PL-T just told me a story about how Shiny had a corrupt minister thrown in jail with his collar and all!!! LOL!!)

Here's what I think, too, though. His "attorney" (ha ha ha!!) Palpitine mentioned in the accompanying letter that his office was moving. Hmmmmm.....bigger digs, eh? So now I wonder just how much of it has to do with that, as well.

You would think that he would get a clue that Palpitine sucks, especially since his girlfriend neglected to hire him to represent her! ROTFLMAO!!! rotflmao

It doesn't matter what he does, though. I am going to be fine. And enjoy attending school, especially next month when we start woikin' in da kitchen!! WOOOOOOOO!!!!

And was I nice yesterday? But of course! I smiled a LOT, and it wasn't forced it all...just came naturally!! I even talked about how it's taking a lot of time to sort through our things and separate them out since it has been so many years since we married and it just takes a lot of time to do it!!

Okay, so I tried!! LOL!! If I left anything out I'll be back to stick it in later!! I need to lose this headache so I can work on my research paper. Dang sinuses!!

Charlotte

C
C
Found a great song for the BWs!!!

Click on the song entitled "Tiger's Eye"

D
OP Offline
D
Awwww.....I can't find it!! Help?

grin

M
M
I could listen to it. It was good.

You're doing good Charlotte. Shiny is going to rule the day!! Don't settle for less than what you deserve.

BW(me)
DDay EA 4/05
DDay PA 6/05
In recovery
D
OP Offline
D
Originally Posted by MicheleG
I could listen to it. It was good.

You're doing good Charlotte. Shiny is going to rule the day!! Don't settle for less than what you deserve.

Hi MicheleG,

I couldn't even find it to click on the link. Is it on the first page to come up when you click on the link cinder posted?

Thank you!! Yes, Shiny is definitely going to rule the day! He is going to make some Gray pancakes!! rotflmao

He'll probably get to make some Slag pancakes first, but what the heck, it's ALL good! WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! rotflmao

They won't want those pancakes on the menu at IHOP, though. Blech!! Phooey!!! Yuck!! Ew!! sick puke

I won't settle for less than I deserve, dang it! He can't make me! rant2 He had the affair, dagnabbit!! Now I am going to school to start over and he can darn well help out in that arena! rant2

But really, he just doesn't GET it. He is NOT going to win! Plus, OWH called me last night and he is ready to come and testify when I need him. Unless this thing gets resolved in mediation. Probably won't, though. So Gray is hopelessly outsmarted and outgunned. Yep, still bringin' a pea shooter to a gunfight!!! rotflmao

Charlotte

C
C
Yeah, go to the page...on the right side there are some links to songs.....click on "Tiger's Eye".

D
OP Offline
D
Well, we ALMOST had Shiny's photo session today!! It was all set...
I had all the lights and goodies ready and I drove into town to drop of my final exam for American History--(we had a take-home exam, WOO-HOO!!)--then headed to Shiny's.

Blast it!! He got called downtown for an emergency hearing! When he got back, I told him, "Yeah, I had a feeling you were going to try and avoid it!" LOL!! (But he really did have an emergency hearing so I forgive him.)

He has self-esteem issues and is worried about taking photos. He thinks he won't look good. Are you kidding me? Nope! It's true. So I reassured him as best I could and asked him to wear that sage suit he was wearing on Tuesday because that color goes really well with his skin tone.

And we reset the shoot, so we're cool. I told him the other day that he just needs to think about it like going to the dentist. You don't want to go but you are always so glad you got it overwith!

I allso told him that if he runs off on me on the day of the shoot that I'm going to hunt him down and make him sit on the horse for the photos instead! LMAO!!

I told him about OWH's call the other night and what transpired. Did I mention that here? Well, he is considering asking Shiny to go full-steam ahead and not delay anything. But on the other hand, he isn't really ready. He says it, but then he always adds a "but."

LOL! He asked me not to tell Shiny he was upset about his bill. Well, GEE, OWH! It's a little late to ask me that!! So I talked it over with him and found out the real deal. He was sent an invoice by mistake and there was still money in the retainer. Well, PL-T broke her arm and there were other people helping out, so that's how that happened.

I told him he just needs to go hang out with Shiny sometime and shoot the breeze. He said, "I don't want to get charged for that."

I said, "Are you kidding me? Do you realize how high my bill would be if Shiny charged for shooting the breeze? OMG!! Through the roof and into the stratosphere!! Shiny doesn't charge for that and he doesn't charge for frivolous things. Heck, he didn't even bill you for like 3 or 4 hours of his time the day of the hearing!"

So hopefully I put his mind at ease in that department. I mean, really, he has no CLUE how fortunate he really is that Shiny is standing up for him. Well, he'll figure it out one day.

He also told me he hasn't spoken to Slag since their hearing. He doesn't know if the adulterers are even still together and he doesn't care (so he says.) He said they don't have any friends anymore...he heard that through the grapevine since he's friends with so many people that Slag works with.

He also told me that Slag treats her brothers like crap but she did that before the A. OWH watched a game with them a couple of weeks ago.

He also said if I needed him for trial to consider it done. And the same goes for me in his case. Shiny is going to have such an easy time kicking butt!! That's good, though, considering some of the stuff he has to go through with some of his clients. Yikes!! :MrEEk:

I completely understand now why he told me that I was one of the nicest people he has ever had the pleasure of representing and that it was an honor for him to represent me. He told me that last November at the temp hearing.

Yeah, compared to some of his clients, I am an absolute angel!!! LMAO!!

I have complete trust in him because everything that I have heard and seen over the last 11 months has been consistent. I'm hoping that OWH can feel that way, too, one day.

He's in SUCH good, caring hands. Pot of gold at the end of the rainbow? More like a vein of gold many miles long and thick in the skin of the Earth...that's Shiny, pure and true. I wish everyone here that needs an attorney could have Shiny standing up for them.

Charlotte

C
C
Charlotte, if you click on the link, you go to Courtney Jaye's myspace site. There is 'Myspace Music' panel on the right side of the page....the second song is the one.....

My, you have lost your cool
How did I become a fool
Oh well, you're going down
Kicking dirt and wastin' my time
Love like ours, too close to call
Even diamonds have their flaws
Oh well, I'm going down
It's the end of suffering

You lost a diamond
And found a tiger's eye
And when you need her
I hope she walks on by
And leaves you lonely, lonely

Just a semiprecious jewel
Clouded judgement overrules
Oh well, I'll never know
A precious jewel I just can't find

You lost a diamond
And found a tiger's eye
And when you need her
I hope she walks on by

A million times I've been by the right one
A....
A million times but the damage is done
And now it's time to leave

You lost a diamond
And found a tiger's eye
And when you need her
I hope she walks on by

And if I see you
You'd better cover your heart
You will get shut out
And left in the dark
And you'll get lonely, lonely

That's the best I can do on a transcription.....She has a neat voice and you really need to see what you can do to hear this.

C
C
Tiger's Eye video

You are one lucky woman....I didn't find this when I googled her the other day.

AHA!!! I found a video link AND the lyrics!!!

Tiger's Eye by Courtney Jaye

my, how you have lost your cool
how did I become the fool?
oh well, you're going down,
kicking dirt and wasting my time

love like ours too close to call
even diamonds have their flaws
oh well, I'm going down
it's the end of suffering

you lost a diamond
and found a tiger's eye
and when you need her
I hope she walks on by
And leaves you lonely,
lonely

Just a semi-precious jewel
Clouded judgement overruled
Oh well, I'll never know
What precious jewels I just can't find

you lost a diamond
and found a tiger's eye
and when you need her
I hope she walks on by
And leaves you lonely,
lonely

A million times passing by the right one
A pause (???) at me (???)
A million times but the damage is done
And now it's time to leave

you lost a diamond
and found a tiger's eye
and when you need her
I hope she walks on by
And leaves you lonely,
lonely

And if I see you
You better cover your heart
You will get shut out and left in the dark
You will be lonely, (lonely)
Lonely (lonely)

Hah, ah la la la la la
Hah, ah la la la la la
Hah, ah la la la la la
Whoa[u][/u]

D
OP Offline
D
Okay, got a funny.

I guess Mr. Gray was bored today? What, no SF from Slag? rotflmao

He sent me an email asking about a camera.

He was wondering if I "Ran across it."

I wrote back: "With the car?" rotflmao rotflmao rotflmao

I just COULDN'T resist!!

Yeah, I gave him a regular answer, too. Probably shouldn't have, huh?

I don't know WHY he decided to send an email. Either he needed a fix; OR he may have been testing to see if I would write him back. He's probably wondering because he knows I probably got the Discovery paperwork by now. Last Saturday when he was here with BIL he may have figured it was too early. Ha ha!! I didn't let on at ALL!!

Well, off to get ready for a wedding photo shoot. DIL is officiating. WOOOOOOOO!!!!

Charlotte

D
OP Offline
D
Okay, well, Gray sends another email. What this time?

Asking me about a lens.

So I wrote that I haven't seen it and then some nonsense about renting a robotic camera to send it into the room I believe it's in to look for it. Just messin' wit 'im. Cain't hep it!! LOL!!

Really, though, I feel like writing and asking him WTH he REALLY wants to ask me.

I do wonder what is up though. Slag not keeping him busy enough, or what?

DIL did an absolutely wonderful job officiating her first wedding! I KNEW she would!!

I saw people there that I knew and that surprised me. Wasn't expecting that. Haven't seen them in YEARS!!

A few people asked me about doing photo shoots and what I charge...and one lady asked me about cakes because she was a customer of mine long ago.

Wow! Who'da thunk it?

It was really cool. And it turns out, I used to work with the bride, LOL! She even lived under me in an apartment complex with her former husband...years and years ago! She was a customer, too, as a matter of fact!!

I had forgotten about that until after I left. That's when my brain finally made the connection.

I took some b&w photos and color photos with my 35mm. I also brought the video camera. It was great! Just like old times!!

Can't wait to tell Shiny! He'll be excited about it, too. Really, this is kinda all his fault. That I was inspired to pick up my 35mm again.

I hadn't even been really using the digital. But after I started inventory I did. Then I decided to take pictures of something BESIDES inventory for a change.

And it just snowballed from there.

Yeah, I'm incredibly blessed to have so much support and encouragement from Shiny.

It's been my Mom, DIL and Shiny who have been the ones keeping me going. And a lot of you guys, here, too. I just mean in the physical realm when I say the three of them.

Well, I guess I'd better stop talking now. Otherwise I'll just go on and on. And on. rotflmao

Charlotte

D
OP Offline
D
Thank you, cinderooney!!

kiss

D
OP Offline
D
rotflmao

Two more emails from Gray while I was asleep!! skeptical

One from around 2am...the other around 10am.
Hmmmmm..... skeptical

The last time I answered him...which was the 2nd email...I mentioned that what he was looking for was probably packed up in November when I packed up painful items and other items that were just in the way.

So...2am...about the camera again.

Then a longer one at 10am--and he mentioned the photo shoot we did before we started dating.

I haven't answered those two yet. I'm mulling over my answers. It WOULD be a good opportunity to ask him if I can have those pictures of me from the photo shoot that he used to have up in his office. I have some of them but not all of them. So I may ask him about that.

Other than that? Well: dontknow

I do feel like giving OWH a call to see if Slag has been trying to contact him.

Gee...after all that trouble you'd think they would be able to keep each other occupied. rotflmao

Charlotte

P.S.) Oh yeah!! And this is a little odd. The telephoto lens he is asking me about? I just used it a few days ago to take some test shots! How did he know? Telepathy?

It's just odd that he's asking me about this camera stuff when I've been getting back into photography again lately. I didn't mention Shiny's photo shoot to him the last time I saw him but I did when he was here before. But that was in August or so. Because he wanted the tripod and I asked him if I could keep it a while because of Shiny's photo shoot.

Hmmmmmmm.......... skeptical

Odd. Very odd.

D
OP Offline
D
I now have Gray's email #5!!

Let's see...he says: "It would only take you maybe 15 minutes to look for that camera, but if you are that busy, well...then you are that busy!"

Note: I thought he saw that room the last time he was here...the wall of STUFF is nearly impenetrable. The last time I needed to look for something in there, I had to climb over boxes and this-n-that...it was like mountain climbing for Pete's sake!

I had to be careful not to fall into a crevasse...no one else has a key to my house if I turned up missing!!

So he wants to come out next Saturday and search on his own.

I haven't written him back yet.

Charlotte

C
C
So, what do you want from him?

He's trying to engage you on some level. You are scheduled to go to court soon. What do YOU want?

As for what I did when my x asked about things, I told him I would get them to him when I ran across them. Then, I didn't bother to look for them until it suited me. No favors. None. Even if I sort of knew where they might be. I didn't get them out for him until I had to be in that part of the basement and remembered while there.

If you want and can use the camera equipment, would you consider asking him if you could keep it or buy it from him? That would get the exchanges behind you.

D
OP Offline
D
Originally Posted by cinderella
So, what do you want from him?

He's trying to engage you on some level. You are scheduled to go to court soon. What do YOU want?

As for what I did when my x asked about things, I told him I would get them to him when I ran across them. Then, I didn't bother to look for them until it suited me. No favors. None. Even if I sort of knew where they might be. I didn't get them out for him until I had to be in that part of the basement and remembered while there.

If you want and can use the camera equipment, would you consider asking him if you could keep it or buy it from him? That would get the exchanges behind you.

Hi cinderella,

Thank you.

Well, at this point I want help from him until I can get my degree. I would of course consider being friends if he could meet all the requirements of the PBL, but as far as romance...I don't think so.

I don't have time for romance anyway. Too much work to do.

Yeah, and he could be attempting to butter me up for that reason. Court. Well, no.

Maybe he finally realized who he is up against. The last time he was here he seemed more lucid than usual and I wondered if he was weaning himself off of drugs.

That would make him think more clearly and he would realize, "OMG!! That Italian is going to mop the floors with me!!"

LOL! Dang STRAIGHT he is! And I'm not going to stop him, either.

Your idea is a good one but I kinda want him to come here. For one thing, he'll take more of his crap and I'll have more room. And less to do for Discovery, LOL!

AND--I want to see just what he will do and say. It's not NICE to fool Mother Nature!!! Or to even TRY to fool her!! LOL!!

Charlotte

Page 120 of 152 1 2 118 119 120 121 122 151 152

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 649 guests, and 67 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation