Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 72 of 95 1 2 70 71 72 73 74 94 95
C
C
Ok, so it rains 360 days a year, but who needs sunshine when you have lattes at every corner or another company, trees to share the air with and traffic galore.

You have to be kidding. Go live in a place where the State Animal is the slug? ? ?

My boss and his wife fled Portland back to Denver a couple years ago. We have over over 300 days of sunshine in Denver.

He tells a story of a camping trip in the Great Northwest where in the morning 100,000 slugs had climbed onto there tent during the night. His new wife nearley died and threw down the gauntlet; we are going back to Denver or you are staying here alone.

They came home.

Slugs! Yuch!

Testosterone boys! Testosterone! It ain’t just for nose, ear and back hair anymore!
S
OP Offline
S
Slugs are not for me puke, Queenie, so I'm gonna have to say no to the PNW. I read your thread, keep up as best I can. Work has been pretty busy, as well as shuttling the kiddo around and my own personal exploits.

I was thinking more like Colorado. I also entertained moving to Arizona many moons ago; the job market for biochemists is not exactly stellar out there, but it's still on my short list. SoCal is booming with biotech, but it's REALLY high priced. I dunno, it's really just all dreaming right now. I'll let it reveal itself to me one day at a time. wink

I feel incredibly lucky to have gotten to this place of a level of peace. I know it's the calm before the next storm, but I'm soaking it up. After all, the house stuff is still not settled and moving and whatever comes my way. Good thing is, I know I can survive it all. I'm not afraid.

Me-BS-38
Married 1997; son, 8yo
Divorced April 2009
Q
Q
Go live in a place where the State Animal is the slug? ? ?
rotflmao

Cheap protein, yes?

BS 52, FWH 53, Married 1-1-84
D-day 5-14-07, WH moved in with OW
Plan A 9 months, DARK Plan B 3-17-08 until 3-2-09
WH and OW broke up 1-09
Started over 7-09
C
C
Hey, I bet the Chinese street vendors serve Slugs on a Stick.

Yummmm.....

BS - me 56
XWH - 57

12/25/06 - Dday - WH promised NC. Plan A in effect. Thought we were in recovery.

6-3-07 - Dday#2 Found out NC never took place and A never ended. Found MB NC promised again, but WH would not write NC letter.

9/07 - Dday #3. Still lying and sneaking around. Plan B implemented
WH wants nothing to do with me

Divorced as of 12/09 after 36 years
Q
Q
LOL, I bet they wouldn't like that. lashes

Isn't there a cooking show where some guy goes and eats all kinds of different types of food. Maybe he could give us a good recipe.

WH and OW broke up 1-09
Started over 7-09
J
J
You have to be kidding. Go live in a place where the State Animal is the slug? ? ?

Boy, the geoducks are going to be terribly upset when they find this out....

(geoducks: really, really, really BIG clams)

johnstwin-

"I may not know what the future holds, but I know who holds my future." -Martin Luther

Remarried my FXH 25 years to the day of our first M. God is so good-and sometimes so unexpected!

S
OP Offline
S
Hey y'all!

I just wanted to drop in and let everybody who follows my thread that I won't be around here much anymore. The job is really cracking down on personal internet usage, and the homelife is kinda hectic, so I won't find much time to post anymore. This is by no means a farewell speech. I just have to shift focus now.

My company is expanding and with that comes a greater responsiblity to be ultra productive and also recognize that we are being WATCHED much more closely (I'm getting that big brother kinda feel these days). It's kind of unnerving, being as I've been with the company for nine years now, but I suppose it's the nature of expanding a business. I'm pretty stressed out today due to some remarks made by a coworker regarding some speech my CEO gave to her (he said something to the effect that "some of our friends will not be around after the business model changes".) I think I had a little panic attack. Then I realized if I did get canned, there is some job out there waiting for someone as talented as I. wink Still hasn't abated the stress though.

Those who have my email can touch base that way.

Me-BS-38
Married 1997; son, 8yo
Divorced April 2009
W
W
Bummer, Miss Lucidity.

You'll be sorely missed here - but I'll be sure to nudge you every once in a while by email.

Best of luck to you and DS - you deserve the best.

If you DO get canned - MT has room for you and your son. wink

Good luck!
Fox

Q
Q
Hey SL,

I know how life can be, but please know how missed you are going to be. Your growth and wisdom gives me and so many others hope.

hug hug hug hug hug hug kiss

Last edited by QueeniesNewLife; 10/07/08 06:06 PM.

WH and OW broke up 1-09
Started over 7-09
S
OP Offline
S
Got your mail, Queenie, you can edit it out now, if you'd like.

Thanks for the well wishes. Yeah, I can update and chat via email. I check it daily.

I dunno, change is difficult, no matter what it pertains to. Maybe I've grown accustomed to the status quo, even though the status quo has always been challenging at my job. I was also always treated like family, and have noticed a major shift in that. I suppose it's a natural consequence of growing the business and I'll just have to grieve the loss and move on.

Sometimes I wonder if this in not my cue to move on to something new. I really don't want to, as I enjoy my work a great deal, but the job has been so unstructured for so long, I don't have any goals, and the bossman has set no REAL expectations for improvement. He is very vague, saying things like "We need to do more" and "The status quo just won't cut it anymore", or "Try coming in on weekends to get projects started and staying late, if necessary, to push timelines". He's never SPECIFIC; he's vague, and I feel lacks many tools to truly LEAD his employees. His major tactic for motivation has been FEAR. It just backfires. I feel less and less part of a unified force, and more and more like every man for himself.

It's just unnerving. Lotsa change all at one time. It just came to a head for me today, and I had a small panic attack.

Anyway, that's my story and I'm stickin with it.

Me-BS-38
Married 1997; son, 8yo
Divorced April 2009
B
B
Yeah, that really hampers the goof off time at work grumble

I know where to find you though, so I'm cool cool

Oh, and one last dance since it will be a while on here dance2

Last edited by BetrayedCajun; 10/07/08 05:52 PM. Reason: need some banjo music!

BS 33 EXWW 35 DS 5
OM1 9/06 - 03/07
OM2 04/07 - present
Divorced May 8, 2008
B
B

First I just have to say that the little dancing guy takes on a whole new look when BC uses it - I can't figure that out? grin

SL - - I'm sorry we won't be hearing from you as much for a while, but I completely understand that whole "do more with less - - be more productive" company line scenario. I think my VP works in his sleep (if he even sleeps!)

I also have had the 'motivate' by fear kinda boss. Makes me wanna :twobyfour: Silly managers!

You take care of yourself. Lots of hug and kiss for you and DS.

Keep us posted when you can. I'm really gonna miss ya!!!

BS (me)
ExWS -Drac
DD 9
DSS 15
D Day 11/06
Divorced 10/01/07

"You Can't Fix Stupid" - My Mom
W
W
Anything new on the eastern front, Miss Lucidity?

Fox

S
OP Offline
S
Originally Posted by Her Foxiness
Anything new on the eastern front, Miss Lucidity?

Not really. I've started looking at jobs and housing in Phoenix and outlying areas, kinda wishful searching really. Once I get an idea in my head, it's hard to hold me down. I'm itchin to get the heck outta here. I am waiting to hear from the Z about the offer to buy me out. HE says that he is in line for a promotion and substantial increase in salary, which will enable him to refinance the house. We'll see. Otherwise, I may have to wait on my mission. HE knows nothing about my plans as of yet, because it's no even a thing.

The main concern I have is for DS and how he would take such distance between he and his dad. As it stands, he sees his dad 8 days a month. That would be reduced to prolly 3 - 4 days a month at best, then prolly summers and holidays. I dunno, I'm at a point where I really want this, and will have to find ways to help him as best I can, without giving up on my vision.

Work is meh, work. I've been at the B'more job for nearly 10 years now, and could use a change. The CEO talks about change, but won't let go of the reigns and let his employees take on more responsiblity and be held accountable. I'm just tired of the same ole micromanagement. I suppose I could come across that wherever I work smirk

It's the culmination of all that has happened in the last few years of my life. I'm ready to get to steppin; I hope DS can see the adventure and weather the change.

Me-BS-38
Married 1997; son, 8yo
Divorced April 2009
Q
Q
Hi SL,

We sure MISS you around here. Glad to see you and get an update.

hug hug hug pray hug hug hug

WH and OW broke up 1-09
Started over 7-09
S
OP Offline
S
Hi Queenie hug

I miss coming around during the day. I liked helping out where I could and giving back. My evenings are pretty full these days too. I just don't have the time to invest in the newly betrayed, and they deserve much better, y'know.

I lurk in the evenings when I have a spare moment. I'll prolly always have this place on my radar in some way. I miss my friends here. Y'all helped keep me as sane as possible, and that's saying a lot. wink

Me-BS-38
Married 1997; son, 8yo
Divorced April 2009
S
S
Hey SL glad to see you laugh , it's been a farting spell since you last posted on you own thread.

I read up on all of you B's/D's/ND's group You are all one great bunch of friends who have helped bring each other throught this horrible mess.

I hope you can fulfill those dreams and i hope you can do it sooner than you think (even though i don't know when you are thinking wink )

Well glad you are feeling "done enough" that you seem to be ready to move on. I can hear it your typing rotflmao .

Well you just keep it up Wonder Woman!!!

SC

C
C
Hey SL,

I'll be in Bmore this week at a convention. Any recommendations on restaurants etc? Will be at the convention center.

BS - me 56
XWH - 57

12/25/06 - Dday - WH promised NC. Plan A in effect. Thought we were in recovery.

6-3-07 - Dday#2 Found out NC never took place and A never ended. Found MB NC promised again, but WH would not write NC letter.

9/07 - Dday #3. Still lying and sneaking around. Plan B implemented
WH wants nothing to do with me

Divorced as of 12/09 after 36 years
W
W
SL, sorry to call you out and then disappear!

Dreamin' of Arizona will help. It's good to know that there are options out there and you are not just stuck in the same old same old.

You are thought of often and I hope things are okay with you.

Fox

L
L
Silent:

Just wanted to drop a line.

Listen to all the signals.

Your co-worker
Your Boss
Your heart.

All are telling you its time for a change.

That could be with a new company in the B'more area, or even somewhere else.

Lots of Biotech work out there. Or, do like the Foxy do, and get back to college and upgrade the skills.

Is it the BEST time to change jobs? No. Better to CHANGE yourself, (College, new position) then to have it forced onto you (Downsized).

LG

BTW, ask your email list. Someone will send you my email, if your interested. If not. I understand.

Page 72 of 95 1 2 70 71 72 73 74 94 95

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 715 guests, and 53 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation