Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 36 1 2 3 4 5 6 35 36
M
M
Originally Posted by Carp54
My first draft had the word "poison" in it about 20 times!!

My W was diagnosed with hpv this summer....she has a small growth of pre cancerous cells in her cervix.

ugh on the disease part! That is a RESULT of STDs!

Well, please send my version, will ya? This occasion calls for straightforward verbiage so there is no misunderstanding. You don't want them wasting time trying to figure out what you are saying. If they are Texans, they will never get it! grin

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

C
Carp54 Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Originally Posted by MelodyLane
My first draft had the word "poison" in it about 20 times!!

My W was diagnosed with hpv this summer....she has a small growth of pre cancerous cells in her cervix.

ugh on the disease part! That is a RESULT of STDs!

Well, please send my version, will ya? This occasion calls for straightforward verbiage so there is no misunderstanding. You don't want them wasting time trying to figure out what you are saying. If they are Texans, they will never get it! grin

Your draft to OM parents

Brits employer letter

Family letter look ok?

Gotta figure out what to say to OM

What about clueless GF/possible exGF?

Me 35
W 31
D12
D9
Exposure day 12/29/08 (Ws 32nd bday)
I wanted to fix marriage June 1st
A found out June 11th
W came home August 18th till the end
BS papers from her Oct 2nd
Real papers from me Oct 17th
M
M
Brits employer letter

Just so you know, BB is a corporate attorney who deals with these issues every day. She KNOWS what works so I appreciate that you followed her template.

Gotta figure out what to say to OM

"What are your intentions with my wife?" See what he says Then tell him that you and your wife are very much still married and that you will fight for your marriage. You will also be taking legal action against him in an alienation of affection lawsuit, so he had better lawyer up, BUCKO. Tell him that there is no future with your wife because he will be ETERNALLY HATED BY HER CHILDREN FOR DESTROYING THEIR FAMILY. His name is MUD in the in-law pool and he will never be accepted there.

Do not pistol whip him!

What about clueless GF/possible exGF?

Give her all the information you have about the affair to prove to her it is ongoing. Tell her that your wife openly admits and talks of her affair at home. Tell her she is being conned.

Ok, can we tighten up this family letter so readers are not distracted by your emotions? You are a good writer, but too fancy for folks like me. In sales we learn that if you don't catch your audiences attention in the first couple of sentences, you are likely to lose them.:

Dear Family,

I am writing you to ask for your support in saving my marriage. Our marriage and my daughters family is being threatened by Jennefer's adulterous affair with ScumBag Jones, her 21 year old co-worker. This affair has been ongoing for a year now with no end in sight. I have done every thing in my power to get her to end her affair to no avail.

While I do take responsibility for many of the issues in our marriage, our marriage cannot be repaired as long as there is a third person in the marriage. Not only does this affair threaten our marriage, but it is teaching our daughters that wrong is right, that adultery is an acceptable lifestyle choice. They are being taught that any behavior, no matter how bad, is acceptable as long as it makes one "happy."

I've come here today to ask for your support of my marriage, and my family, and to ask you to exert whatever influence you can to get Jennefer to end her affair and join me in marriage counseling, and work on repairing our marriage. I am asking for your advice in saving my marriage and DD's family.

Please know that I love Jennefer very much and I'm willing to do whatever it takes to fix our marriage. It's not my intent to shame or embarrass her, but to gain the help of our family.

-Carp

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

C
Carp54 Offline OP
OP Offline
C
That's why they are "drafts"!!
It's hard to write with no emotion about your own sitch.

Brits letter
W and OM use personal phones to text at work. That shouldn't make any difference?

OMGF
She is gonna ask for something...her letter will have to have a few facts.

Gonna have to call Ws work to find out big bosses holiday sheduele! Totally forgot about that!

Me 35
W 31
D12
D9
A found out June 11th
M
M
OMGF

Why not call her, Carp? She may ask questions and you could answer them.

Exposure 101

C
Carp54 Offline OP
OP Offline
C
OMGF

Why not call her, Carp? She may ask questions and you could answer them.

This is probably the best case for her. Gonna have to call her from a different phone though....she buries her head so deep....

Me 35
W 31
D12
D9
A found out June 11th
C
Carp54 Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Strange thing just happened....sheriffs police just called me...OMGF called them to ask me to not contact her! I told them the story..told them I had not contacted her since her last request. I am gonna call them back for a copy of the report....sound good?

Me 35
W 31
D12
D9
A found out June 11th
C
Carp54 Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Just hung up with police. I am going to get the police report. I described to the officer what this was about....asked him if the report had anything good in it or if I shouldn't waste my time....he paused and said I should come and get it!!

Will update later.

Me 35
W 31
D12
D9
A found out June 11th
C
C
Looks like OM is putting pressure on OMGF to do something about you. He must be a pretty good manipulator, if she's willing to do this so her BF can make it with another man's wife right under her nose.

C
Carp54 Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Originally Posted by catperson
Looks like OM is putting pressure on OMGF to do something about you. He must be a pretty good manipulator, if she's willing to do this so her BF can make it with another man's wife right under her nose.

Enroute to PD rite now.

Me 35
W 31
D12
D9
A found out June 11th
C
Carp54 Offline OP
OP Offline
C
PD won't give me a copy of report. Something about privacy laws and because I am named as the "bad guy". Called the officer back...he was gone for the day. My guess is because it is still a open case I cannot get the info under the freedom of information act. Will call officer back tommorow.

Me 35
W 31
D12
D9
A found out June 11th
M
M
What in the world would prompt her to do that all of a sudden? Does your W have your computer tapped? Is she reading here?

In the meantime, I would get those exposure letters out NOW because I suspect they are onto you and your W and her BF are working hard to pre-empt you.

Exposure 101

M
M
Do you have some hard proof that can be given to the OMGF? If you do, another person could get it to her.

Exposure 101

C
Carp54 Offline OP
OP Offline
C
What in the world would prompt her to do that all of a sudden? Does your W have your computer tapped? Is she reading here?

In the meantime, I would get those exposure letters out NOW because I suspect they are onto you and your W and her BF are working hard to pre-empt you.

My PC is only tapped by me!! I have never posted 1 single thing on my PC ever...all handheld.

Me 35
W 31
D12
D9
A found out June 11th
C
Carp54 Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Do you have some hard proof that can be given to the OMGF? If you do, another person could get it to her.

I have emailed her pics of BOTH of them I found at home...it was not enough for her

I have a letter from my W to me that talks about the A but I can't remember if she wrote his name.

She is a waste as far as I am concerned. Always has been

Me 35
W 31
D12
D9
A found out June 11th
C
C
What in the world would prompt her to do that all of a sudden?
I'll stand by my guess. OM is pressuring her somehow, and she's trying to appease him by getting you off their backs. It would go along with her wishing to not believe anything - she probably does whatever he wants just so he won't leave her. Typical manipulative OM.

C
Carp54 Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Originally Posted by catperson
What in the world would prompt her to do that all of a sudden?
I'll stand by my guess. OM is pressuring her somehow, and she's trying to appease him by getting you off their backs. It would go along with her wishing to not believe anything - she probably does whatever he wants just so he won't leave her. Typical manipulative OM.

My gut tells me this...but partially pressure from her too him as well. She has NEVER wanted to believe any of this is happening. Her myspace profile went from depressed...when they supposedly broke up...to hopeful last week sometime. My W had commented to a friend last week that "Tuesdays suck"....probably the day my W became the OW again...LOL.

Me 35
W 31
D12
D9
A found out June 11th
W
W
I suspect that OMGF is aware that this is an A, but she is hoping it will all go away.
I am sure that OM is telling her that you are just a lunatic, and he is "counseling" your W. But at the end of the day, the GF knows that he is not loyal to her. She is just hoping to finally "win him".

That poor girl is desperately trying to salvage her R with a cheating dog.

Pray for her! That she would finally see the truth, and have the courage to step away from this harmful r she is in.

I have a lot of hope for your M. This little weasle is going to dump your W soon - she is just too much work. After all, if he truly thought your W was his "soul mate" he would just dump the GF. Why hang onto the GF if he plans to be with your W forever?

Married 18 years
D Day June 25, 2003
Divorced December 17, 2003

Newly married to a wonderful man!
C
Carp54 Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Couple things I do know about OMGF

She met him while cheating on his GF at the time
She had people tell her he is no good
She is a ditz

My W told me GF has every quality OM wants in a woman
Young
College educated
Etc
His perfect woman

GF did tell me he said I was jealous/lunatic etc
He told her to never talk to me

W told me she ACCEPTED his 50% love over my 100%(fog babble probably)
W would only be a side thing..but she could accept that too

He's a snake/politician/POS

Me 35
W 31
D12
D9
A found out June 11th
C
Carp54 Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Snow day for us constuction guys here in Illinois. Sitting at my desk in the "man suite" as I now refer to it as. I have a completely seperate OS on a seperate HD (dont worry Melody) that I am editting letters with and emailing them to myself.

Its been so long since I typed at a "real" PC......I forget how!

Will post up edited letters and other thoughts/questions later.

Me 35
W 31
D12
D9
A found out June 11th
Page 4 of 36 1 2 3 4 5 6 35 36

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 663 guests, and 59 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation