Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 12 of 36 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 35 36
C
Carp54 Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Originally Posted by MelodyLane
Originally Posted by Carp54
Been thinking....

If they can't.....then I might get an email that says.....thank you for slandering our employees.....see you in court!!!

That is not "thinking" that is mental masturbation. GOOD GRIEF. Give it a rest!

I know Mel....sometimes the brain runs away from you.....you gotta real it back in....or find a better "fisherman" to show/tell you how!!

You make "mental masturbation" sound bad!!! LOL

Me 35
W 31
D12
D9
Exposure day 12/29/08 (Ws 32nd bday)
I wanted to fix marriage June 1st
A found out June 11th
W came home August 18th till the end
BS papers from her Oct 2nd
Real papers from me Oct 17th
M
M
grin grin

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

C
Carp54 Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Evening was quiet

I ordered Chinese. I called W to see if she had any requests...she was not all that interested but did eat what I got her. I had the kids grab a bunch of blankets to put in the livingroom so we could eat and have movie night. W and her friend ate in the kitchen. W spent the rest of the night in her room her friend was in there for awhile talking with her. I watched the movie, folded some clothes, the kids kinda lost interest and would come in and out of the room. Ws dad called And she chatted with him a bit, Ws friend left to go out and W spent the rest of the night in her room. She did come out to kiss the kids goodnight, I said goodnight to her when she went back in her room. She was briefly on her cell with someone, not sure who. I did manage to fold a couple baskets of laundry though.

Tonite her and some of her friends are going out for New Years, I am on emergency call so I will be at home with our kids and Ws BFs kids.

Been reading MortarMans husbands and wives thread. I am gonna print it out and leave it on my nightstand....very good info!!!

Me 35
W 31
D12
D9
A found out June 11th
C
Carp54 Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Kinda feeling like a doormat....W has not actually communicated her actual plans for tonite. I want to email her and ask her....I have a feeling I am gonna get a "fu it's none of your business" reply.

Anyone have any ideas how I should approach this?

Me 35
W 31
D12
D9
A found out June 11th
C
Carp54 Offline OP
OP Offline
C
I know it seems dumb to ask advise about sending your own W an email....

I am thinking this

Subject. Tonite.

I have a couple stops to make on my way home from work. Let me know what your schedule is for tonite.

I don't know why I am nervous about sending this??...

Me 35
W 31
D12
D9
A found out June 11th
M
M
Well, as long as you are her H, it is your damn business what she is doing. And most certainly since she is going out.. Are you babysitting so your W can go out and scrw the OM? Because that is absolutely unacceptable.

why in the world are you watching her friends kids?

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

M
M
Carp: what are your plans tonight?

WW: none of your business

Carp: I won't be available to babysit for you if you plan on commmitting adultery with the OM tonight, so I do need to know before I agree to watch the kids for you

Exposure 101

C
Carp54 Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Originally Posted by MelodyLane
Well, as long as you are her H, it is your damn business what she is doing. And most certainly since she is going out.. Are you babysitting so your W can go out and scrw the OM? Because that is absolutely unacceptable.

why in the world are you watching her friends kids?

She is going out with a couple GFs. Her BF and kids have been staying at our house.

Sending mail now

Me 35
W 31
D12
D9
A found out June 11th
C
Carp54 Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Her reply
Working till 5. Going out. We are leaving at 8

Me 35
W 31
D12
D9
A found out June 11th
P
P
Her reply

Carp's reply: Thanks. Do you have a sitter lined up because I have plans myself?

Widowed 11/10/12 after 35 years of marriage
“In a sense now, I am homeless. For the home, the place of refuge, solitude, love-where my husband lived-no longer exists.” Joyce Carolyn Oates, A Widow's Story
C
Carp54 Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Originally Posted by princessmeggy
Her reply

Carp's reply: Thanks. Do you have a sitter lined up because I have plans myself?

You want me to throw that rite out there?? I was gonna reply with ...where? Who? When you gonna be home stuff.

Me 35
W 31
D12
D9
A found out June 11th
P
P
I would just leave it with that. Don't answer anymore emails, let her scurry to fix her plans. You don't need to tell her WHAT your plans are... even if it's just a trip down the street to Starbucks. I personally wouldn't be babysitting for a WS, even if they are my kids. The whole point is to make it uncomfortable and throw as many wrenches in her plans as possible.

“In a sense now, I am homeless. For the home, the place of refuge, solitude, love-where my husband lived-no longer exists.” Joyce Carolyn Oates, A Widow's Story
C
Carp54 Offline OP
OP Offline
C
I would just leave it with that. Don't answer anymore emails, let her scurry to fix her plans. You don't need to tell her WHAT your plans are... even if it's just a trip down the street to Starbucks. I personally wouldn't be babysitting for a WS, even if they are my kids. The whole point is to make it uncomfortable and throw as many wrenches in her plans as possible.

How about

8pm is to early. Push your time back an hour or so??

Me 35
W 31
D12
D9
A found out June 11th
P
P
Originally Posted by Carp54

How about

8pm is to early. Push your time back an hour or so??

What difference does that make?

C
Carp54 Offline OP
OP Offline
C
you actually want me to tell her to find her own sitter? We did discuss it a few days ago.

Me 35
W 31
D12
D9
A found out June 11th
C
Carp54 Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Ok

Here's what I have come up with.
I want to reply

I am not sure how long my errands will take. If I am not home by 7 please make alternate arrangements until I get home.
I am gonnago shopping and get some new clothes. Head over by my dads, shower and change because I am not going home before my errands.

This plan puts ME incharge of my evening as far as when I return but also states I will be home.

I was trying to think of how my wife could use the answer "get your own sitter I have plans" against me. You gotta remember my W is fully lawyered up so ANYTHING negative for me=bad.

Thoughts? Comments?

Me 35
W 31
D12
D9
A found out June 11th
M
M
"I need to know if your plans include a rendevous with your adultery partner, joe Scumbag"

Exposure 101

T
T
Go with princessmeggy's one-liner. Your email is way too wishy-washy.

V
V
Originally Posted by tnsr

Agreed. Why is it negative for you to have plans? She does. She doesn't need to know all the details of what you are doing. Remember, you are fighting a battle for your marriage! ML and PM have never given advice (that I've seen) that wasn't right on the money. I know it's hard, but the end result is worth it all. smile

You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist. ~ Friedrich Nietzsche

The person who is always finding fault seldom finds anything else.

I pity the fool. - Mr. T
C
Carp54 Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Originally Posted by tnsr

Don't get me wrong...princessmeggys is sweet. But it says....I don't care about the kids they are your problem tonite.

Mine says....make your plans fit mine...I care about my kids and will be home.

Mels says.....I only wanna make sure joe scumbag ain't going!!

Me 35
W 31
D12
D9
A found out June 11th
Page 12 of 36 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 35 36

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 656 guests, and 48 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation