Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 39 of 57 1 2 37 38 39 40 41 56 57
C
C
coffee spew

coffee spew

rotflmao

coffee spew

T
tully Offline OP
OP Offline
T
Sorry to deflect the conversation from the much more interesting conversation about cajones but I'd really like to get your opinions on this update.

My friend, the one who is coming for the weekend tomorrow with her daughter, had lunch with WH today. When I heard that he asked her to meet up with him I thought this was a positive sign, a crack in the armour but no. He is back on the fence, I think. He's no longer demanding divorce but he's not making the moves to reconcile either. The main aim of his discussion was, as usual, to get me to talk to him. He is obsessed with this. I know this is to pass the decision on to me. He wants to be the 'good guy' who, yes, made a mistake but who tried to make up for it by giving up the OW and committing to his M but that I wouldn't or couldn't forgive. (again, my fault) I have been saying as clearly as I can that I will talk to him once his decision is made. If he wants to reconstruct our M he must commit to NC forever, otherwise it's D.

He said to my friend that it was ridiculous to contact Steve as he is an American and what on earth could an American have to say about a French/Irish situation. He said that he did try to contact him but that the time difference between the US and France made it very difficult. This is, yet again, an avoidance tactic. He mentioned to SIL before that it was crazy expensive.

She challenged him on his contact with OW and he claims that it's over between them, that there is no relationship there, that in any case she's in Ireland now, that the real problem is in our M, not with her etc etc. but he still won't commit to NC. When pinned down by my friend he said that he would see OW once a year at a conference or a meeting through work and he didn't see the problem with that. I told my friend that there is obviously more to the situation than he is admitting as it would be crazy to sacrifice everything for someone who meant nothing to him.

A few pages ago there was a discussion on why WH was holding out and there was a feeling that it was out of pride and stubbornness but I'm now beginning to think that this relationship with OW goes a lot deeper than I thought. Having read the 'Romantic Affairs' threads I'm now thinking that this might be a strong RA but he doesn't want to go that direction because he can see the huge damage to his life. His reaction following the exposure email to OW has emphasised this.
What do you think?

Last edited by tully; 01/15/09 06:39 PM.

Courage is the most important of all the virtues, because without courage you can't practice any other virtue consistently. You can practice any virtue erratically, but nothing consistently without courage.
Maya Angelou
B
B
I have to pack for a trip but wanted to give a quick response.

WH is being ridiculous. The notion that an American can't understand his behavior makes no sense. Does that mean the French and Irish have "situations" that other human beings don't and/or can't possibly understand? :RollieEyes: There is no correlation. Excuses, excuses.

WH doesn't see a problem with possible annual contact with OW because he's blind as a bat. He still holds on to the illusion that he can control himself around her and it will be 100% professional. Riiiiiiight. He is in lust with the fantasy of OW. The "perfect" OW does not exist.

WH is still in lalaland. If he tries putting the blame on you, stick it right back at him. I'm not sure your WH realizes what he is sacrificing. In his dense mind, he still might be thinking "Well tully hasn't divorced me yet. Eventually she'll cave and come home. I never promised NC so..." and then proceed to lie and go forth with his attitude of entitlement. From my own experience I had to clobber things over FWH's head. Things you think a normal person would get, doesn't happen with a wayward. It doesn't dawn on them and the dots have to be connected. If you're lucky the light bulb might go on. :twobyfour:

I'm sure others will chime in soon. Take care.

BW - me
exWH - serial cheater
2 awesome kids
Divorced 12/2011

Many a good man has failed because he had a wishbone where his backbone should have been.

We gain strength, and courage, and confidence by each experience in which we really stop to look fear in the face... we must do that which we think we cannot.
--------Eleanor Roosevelt
T
tully Offline OP
OP Offline
T
Excuses, excuses.

Exactly, BR! But he is so calm, logical and unemotional when he presents things that he manages to convince others, at least for a short while.

From my own experience I had to clobber things over FWH's head. Things you think a normal person would get, doesn't happen with a wayward. It doesn't dawn on them and the dots have to be connected. If you're lucky the light bulb might go on.

Honestly, I did my fair share of clobbering before I left but it was having no effect. He would accept some level of logic and then he'd backtrack or he'd divert the discussion onto semantics. I'll never forget a long discussion about the difference between 'probably' and 'possibly' when the real subject was that he had decided that separation was the solution without ever having discussing any problem with me.

Courage is the most important of all the virtues, because without courage you can't practice any other virtue consistently. You can practice any virtue erratically, but nothing consistently without courage.
Maya Angelou
T
T
Tully, I know how gut-wrenching it is to recognise that your spouse does not see you as precious, adorable, irreplaceable, and does not see his marriage to you as something wonderful to be protected at all costs. I know how one's stomach twists with anguish and jealousy and rage that the OW has any of his loyalty and affection.

However (and you knew with me that there had to be a 'however', didn't you? smile ), I also observe that you seem to be determined to frame your sitch as 'Tully being rejected for the OW'.

In fact, your H did not reject you or the marriage. If he had, he would have moved out, said he wanted 'space', filed immediately for divorce. He didn't do that. He chose you, the marriage...and a bit of cake-eating. That's not OK, of course, but it's also not 'rejection' in the way that you consistently portray.

I can't see much evidence that he desires a future with this woman, beyond a few wild remarks of the kind that are inevitable with all WSs.

So why do you so persistently paint this as a choice of OW over you? It might be framed as a choice of OW's desire to remain part of his life over your desire not to have her there at all - and that's unacceptable - but it's not quite the same thing as a choice of her over you.

I think this is self-destructive. When someone persists with a self-destructive behaviour, I know that there has to be a payoff, so I ask myself what it is. There's a payoff for you in seeing yourself as having been rejected for someone else, and I think you could usefully look at what that lets you AVOID dealing with.

For example, IF there were issues in your marriage that made life uncomfortable for your husband, and IF he had no emotional vocabulary to express that, and IF he is not willing to get back into the marriage in the same uncomfortable position...have you given thought to those possibilities?

WSs tend to paint the past in bleak colours, which often evaporate with time and the return of common sense. But it's also likely that there were SOME painful places in the marriage that the BS does need to address. That's why the Harley EN model works. So your H may be talking utter tripe when he complains about aspects of your personality and sore spots in the marriage, but he may also have a valid point.

But you're never going to get to discuss that, are you? He's not going to give up his leverage point - no NC - and you're not going to discuss the marriage unless he promises NC. Impasse.

Is this a great romantic affair, or is it a power struggle?

TA

"Integrity is telling myself the truth. And honesty is telling the truth to other people." - Spencer Johnson
T
tully Offline OP
OP Offline
T
Well...

Sorry, TA but I think you are way off the mark here.

I don't have time to go into detail regarding your post but Dr Harley is very clear that NO recovery is possible in the M as long as there is continuing contact with the OP. And I know this to be true from my own experience.

WH is refusing to cut all contact with OW and as late as yesterday said that contact between them would be only once a year or so. (who is he kidding? He told me there would be 2 or 3 meetings in the 2 momths before she was due to leave - they had daily contact!) That's like the alcoholic saying that it's only one drink...

I will discuss our M when and if he gives me NC. As for self-destructive behaviour, I don't consider it self-destructive (on the contrary) to opt out of a M where he shows me this little respect. Steve Harley in my session with me said that WH imposing continued contact with OW on me is like insisting that he has a right to stab me in the back. He doesn't.

You may believe that the best way to deal with the situation is to stick it out and accept that disrespect until the A eventually fizzles out and he turns back to me but I don't.

Maya Angelou
C
C
tully, please re-read TA's post without the chip on your shoulder. What you got out of it is nothing even close to what TA said. You are being asked to look inside yourself and be honest with yourself as to how you are handling this. Not a criticism.

S
S
Hi tully and TA,

I agree with TA that you and WH are in stalemate. I wonder whether you should do anything to move things forward from this position. As you know, I have grasped at straws in the hope that your marriage will not collapse through WH's pride, stubbornness or whatever is making him maintain his ambiguous position.

You have not replied to my query about contacting Steve Harley for advice on another temporary break in Plan B. Are you willing, and financially able, to do this?

However, I'm puzzled by TA's view that you are over-focused on your H's relationship with the OP (I'm paraphrasing, TA, but I hope I have not misrepresented you).

In an attempt to move my own marriage forward in recovery, I constantly re-read the articles on the web site and SAA. Now, I am aware that posters to the forums disagree with some of Harley, even when they find him the best hope for affair-busting and marital recovery, but I don't understand the reasoning behind TA's comments about your approach to the affair. It seems entirely in line with Dr Harley's advice. It is certainly true that Dr Harley identifies unmet emotional needs, and says that these will have to be tackled in recovery, but he he makes it very clear that there can be no recovery without complete NC, and extraordinary precautions to ensure NC for life. He does not say that this is only necessary in the deepest, most romantic of affairs; he says this for all kinds, ranging from one-night-stands to "soul mate' affairs.

tully, your situation seems very like that described in this letter in the Q & A columns, and what you have done so far seems to me to follow very closely what Dr Harley recommends:

What to Do with an Unfaithful Husband

Letter #3

Dear Dr. Harley,

This past Summer, my husband of 14 years confessed he had been having an affair with a woman from work for the past two years. He contemplated leaving me and our two children many times but could not bring himself to do it. He claims he loves us and cares about us but he is not in love with me.

Our love relationship started going down hill after having our children with all the pressures of family life. But it didn't really get bad until after he started the affair. Our power struggle has always been him not having enough sex, and me not having enough affection. We recently read your book, His Needs, Her Needs, and agree that we were both at fault.

The logic of it all is easy to see but my husband is seeing everything from an emotional view, he feels love for her and he doesn't feel love for me. He has not been seeing the other woman even though they work at the same place and I believe he is sincere about it. We have been just riding it out until our emotions start to level out but we are both growing impatient.

I have suggested counseling but my husband is reluctant because he says he knows what his feelings are. I asked him, "If we could restore the intimacy we once had, would he want to stay with me?" He said, "Yes." My husband is a truly wonderful person with qualities that are had to find. I love him more than anything and the last thing I want is for him to move out; but the tension is so high. Sometimes we do relax and have a great time but that seems to scare him and he gets depressed and withdraws again.

Right now I feel like the only way to win his heart back is to separate for awhile. It would mean that the kids and I would have to move back to my family, out of state, in the meantime. He feels that would be unfair. He doesn't want his life disrupted like that. He wants to have access to his children. The move would be really hard on all of us but I cannot stand thinking I will have to live in our home with all our memories without even having the love and support of my family. My real question is would counseling help at this point considering his emotional state or am I better off letting him find out what his real feeling are for me by separating?

I don't want another marriage to end up in divorce because of a communication problem. But my husband feels the love is too long gone to get it back.

W.M.
Dear W.M.,

As you know from having read my book, I advise your husband to never see his lover again. He must move to another job and possibly to another state before he can reconcile with you. Otherwise, he will continue to love her and be unable to resist seeing her from time to time. Even if your marriage improves, he may never be able to overcome his feeling of love for this other woman unless he stops seeing her.

But, from your description, he is unlikely to accept my advice -- at least at this time. All of his talk about the way he "feels" proves that he is addicted to his lover. So I recommend a three step plan to you.

The first step is to be the very best wife you can possibly be. Do everything you can to meet his needs, and don't do anything to upset him. Set a period of time that you think you can do this without getting too upset, say, six months. Once in a while, tell him that you think both of you need a fresh start somewhere else.

If he does not respond to your kindness and respectful suggestions within that period of time you're ready for the second step: pack up yourself and your children and move near your family and friends for their support. It should be far away from his lover -- another city or even another state. Have absolutely nothing to do with him. Don't talk to him, don't see him.

If you are forced to say something to him, tell him that you love him and hope he can free himself from the addiction of his affair. Let him know that the only way you will consider restoring your relationship with him, is for him to quit his job and move to where you are. From there you will start life over again. Be certain that your words and tone of voice communicate your care for him, not your anger.

Your husband is not likely to follow you right away after you've given him his ultimatum. He will try to develop a relationship with his lover first. But in the vast majority of cases, it doesn't work out because he needs both you and she. She meets some of his needs and you meet others. He will discover how much he misses you when he is with her.

In the event that he stays with his lover and he does not come back to you, you avoid untold sorrow trying to reach a man who is in love with another woman. As you wait for his decision, it is very important to surround yourself with your family and friends as you go through this crisis. In the end, if he chooses his lover, the experience will be much harder on him than on you.

If he eventually agrees to your terms, you begin the third step, which is to start again with a new commitment to meet each other's needs and avoid Love Busters -- in a new location.

At first, he will be depressed because he misses his lover. He goes through a grieving process that usually lasts a few weeks. For some, it takes as long as a year to overcome, but this is quite rare. His affair is an addiction, and the withdrawal from his lover, puts him into a very painful emotional state. If he calls his lover on the telephone, or inadvertently sees her, the clock is set back to zero, and the period of withdrawal begins again. That's why he must avoid all contact with her for the rest of his life.

After the period of withdrawal has ended, he will open his heart to you and give you a chance to meet his need for sex, and other needs his lover met. He will also learn to meet your needs, particularly your need for affection. You will have an opportunity to build a new lifestyle together, one that fits your needs so well that it will affair-proof your marriage.

When the ordeal is over, you will both know what a marriage should be -- what yours could have been, right from the beginning.

What to do with an unfaithful husband: Letter no. 3

From moving away from France to be with your family for support, to insisting that he agrees to your terms, it seems to me that you have followed Dr Harley's prescriptions closely. In your posts you have identified weaknesses in your marriage that you are willing to discuss with WH, and you are keen to work with Steve or Jennifer during recovery to restore the marriage. It doesn't seem to me that you are reluctant to look at your marriage as a whole, but that you are following Dr Harley's rule that total separation is the right way to end an affair:

Coping with Infidelity: Part 2
How Should Affairs End?

Some affairs are "one night stands." They usually take place when a spouse is away on a trip, or when one has gone out partying without the other spouse. These relatively loveless affairs usually happen when people drink and lose impulse control. Alcoholics are the ones most likely to have these flings.
Other affairs start as a caring friendship and develop over years to become a complete relationship that solves most emotional and practical issues for the couple. These relationships become so complete and persistent that spouses are eventually divorced, and the lovers are united in marriage.
But most affairs are somewhere in between one night stands and relationships that lead to marriage.
Affairs usually take place because they meet important emotional needs. But most affairs meet only some emotional needs not met in marriage, leaving others that are being met by a spouse. That fact usually rules out the possibility of divorce, at least for the spouse having the affair. The wayward spouse knows that the lover, for some reason, is not able to meet some of the needs met by his or her spouse. So most affairs are never intended to lead to divorce and remarriage, but are "safety-valve" relationships that satisfy a need not met in marriage.
Affairs are intended to be kept secret
Having drawn the above conclusion about the nature of affairs, it should be obvious why most wayward spouses would like their affairs to go undetected. Not only do they want to avoid all the unhappiness that goes with discovery, but they also want to continue the affair as long as it meets needs not met in marriage. In most cases, a lover only meets one or two emotional needs, while the spouse meets others. Unfaithful spouses usually don't want their marriages to end, and yet they want emotional needs met that the spouse does not meet. Discovery of the affair, in most cases, would ruin the "solution" to their problem.
But there comes a time in almost every affair that an unfaithful spouse realizes that it has run it's course, or it wasn't a good idea to begin with. In some cases, it's the lover who ends the relationship, finding that the spouse isn't living up to expectations. And in other cases, it's the spouse that ends it when the disadvantages of the affair begin to outweigh the advantages.
In most cases, affairs end peacefully and in secret. By their very nature, there is not much of a commitment to hold them together, and a desire to do the "right thing" is usually the excuse an unfaithful spouse uses to end it. But the real reason is usually that the affair has become more trouble than it's worth.
---------------------------
Some affairs, those like the husbands of R.J. and M.S., are discovered by their spouses. But as R.J. and M.S. have seen, knowing about an affair is only the first step toward recovery.
Never see or communicate with a former lover
Once an affair is first revealed, whether it's discovered or admitted, the victimized spouse is usually in a state of shock. The first reaction is usually panic, but it's quickly followed by anger. Divorce and sometimes even murder are contemplated. But after some time passes (usually about three weeks), most couples decide that they will try to pull together and save their marriage.
The one having an affair is in no position to bargain, but he or she usually tries anyway. The bargaining effort usually boils down to somehow keeping the lover in the loop. You'd think that the unfaithful spouse would be so aware of his or her weaknesses, and so aware of the pain inflicted, that every effort would be made to avoid further contact with the lover as an act of thoughtfulness to the stunned spouse. But instead, the unfaithful spouse argues that the relationship was "only sexual" or was "emotional but not sexual" or some other peculiar description to prove that continued contact with the lover would be okay.
Most victimized spouses intuitively understand that all contact with a lover must end for life. Permanent separation not only helps prevent a renewal of the affair, but it is also a crucial gesture of consideration to someone who has been through hell. What victimized spouse would ever want to know that his or her spouse is seeing or communicating with a former lover at work or in some other activity?
In spite of career sacrifices, friendships, and issues relating to children's schooling, I am adamant in recommending that there be no contact with a former lover for life. For many, that means a move to another state. But to do otherwise fails to recognize the nature of addiction and its cure.
Look at M.S.'s husband. Here he is, thousands of miles from his lover, and yet he still feels compelled to call her. Can you imagine the trouble M.S. would have had separating them if they had not moved? Their move was the best thing that could have happened to their marriage because it not only revealed the affair, but it also set up the conditions that would make ending it possible -- total separation.
We don't know if R.J. still sees his lover, but he says he has broken off all contact. In many cases where a person is still in town, that's hard to prove. But one thing's for sure, if he ever does see his lover, it will put him in a state of perpetual withdrawal from his addiction, and make the resolution of his marriage essentially impossible. In fact, one of the reasons he is not recovering after three months of separation may be that he is not being truthful about the separation.
How should an unfaithful spouse tell his lover that their relationship is over? If left to their own devices, many would take a Caribbean cruise to say their final good-byes. Obviously, that will not do. In fact, I recommend that the final good-bye be in the form of a letter, and not in person or even by telephone.

Coping with Infidelity: Part 2: How should affairs end?

TA, do you think that tully has misinterpreted Dr Harley's advice, or do you not agree with that advice?

BW
Married 1989
His PA 2003-2006
2 kids.
M
M
Sugar,

Excellent post! I've said it numerous times on Tully's thread that I think she is following the 'narrow' path outlined by Dr. Harley to save a marriage. Some posters may not feel that you have to follow the path so closely but after my own personal situation in which I did not follow it, I am a believer. I believe strongly in protecting the LB at all costs otherwise you have no chance. I also believe strongly in NC and I don't think that Tully is making a mistake by insisting upon it before she is willing to work on the M. Getting back together with a WS prior to no contact is extremely dangerous IMHO and you are just asking for false recoveries. I don't believe that Tully's LB could handle a false recovery. I think she is to close to the red and I think that would end it for her. I could be wrong Tully so feel free to correct me if I am.

If her WH cannot respect her enough to realize that NC is a must then it's too soon to give him a chance at recovery. He is still in the fog!!! Does he expect her to sit at home while he goes away to some conference where the OW is at? I mean c'mon....let's get real here.

Stay strong Tully!! Consider all posters to you with an open mind (as I believe you are doing).

Have a great time with your weekend visitors!!!

Mindshare

S
S
Don't lose the big picture here...

This is NOT about an OW, or a stubborn WH, this is about a M.

True, there is no place for an OW in the M. No one is implying you should "allow" that. But is that all it will take for your M to be strong? If WH called tomorrow and said she was out of his life forever, and could give proof...is that all it would take? I hope not. There is a good deal more to recovery than that.

You have NO CONTROL over whether he gives up the OW or not, and hinging all your thoughts on this aspect of the M you have no control over, then that will drive you crazy.

What DO you have control over? Certainly not the OW, and certainly not the WH...

You do have control over YOU, and your interactions with your kids and family. You can become CONSUMED with the A and the battle, but it will wear you down. You are beating your head against a brick wall hoping it will move.

Now it's time for some REAL Plan B strategy...taking care of you.

Another question, what changes have you made in yourself since the move? For the better? Are you good to yourself?

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance!
S
S
Originally Posted by StillHereMakingIt
Don't lose the big picture here...

This is NOT about an OW, or a stubborn WH, this is about a M.

True, there is no place for an OW in the M. No one is implying you should "allow" that. But is that all it will take for your M to be strong? If WH called tomorrow and said she was out of his life forever, and could give proof...is that all it would take? I hope not. There is a good deal more to recovery than that.
I am growing increasingly baffled at comments such as these. I have not read anything from tully to suggest that WH agreeing to NC "is all it will take for your marriage to be strong" or that this is "all that it would take".

This is MB, isn't it? Why has this thread, of all threads, suddenly come under attack because the BS is insisting on NC before she will discuss recovery conditions with her WH?

I have posted Dr Harley's own words that make it clear that NC is essential before recovery can begin. Dr Harley's approach to rebuilding a marriage after an affair begins with NC. No problems can be tackled until NC is in place.

StillHere, did you read the Q&A extracts that I posted? Do they support tully's actions, or your own position?

Originally Posted by StillHereMakingIt
You have NO CONTROL over whether he gives up the OW or not, and hinging all your thoughts on this aspect of the M you have no control over, then that will drive you crazy.

What DO you have control over? Certainly not the OW, and certainly not the WH...

You do have control over YOU, and your interactions with your kids and family. You can become CONSUMED with the A and the battle, but it will wear you down. You are beating your head against a brick wall hoping it will move.

Now it's time for some REAL Plan B strategy...taking care of you.

Another question, what changes have you made in yourself since the move? For the better? Are you good to yourself?
Again, where is this view of tully "hinging all her thoughts on this aspect of the marriage that she has no control over" come from? She is in Plan B, and she posts here for advice. Is that wrong?

tully also writes of her busy family life, her improved physical health, her improved mental health, her recent family party, her visits from friends, her fledgling business and her thoughts about getting a house built next to her father's. Where does this picture of a BS consumed with the A and being driven crazy come from?

Bearing in mind that tully is following the MB programme, what is she doing wrong? I genuinely do not understand this.

BW
Married 1989
His PA 2003-2006
2 kids.
M
M
Sugar,

I couldn't agree with you more!! Are these people reading the same thread?!?! Maybe they are reading too many threads and confusing other people's sitch with Tully's?!? I haven't once heard Tully say that there weren't other problems in the M that would need to be worked on. I don't believe that she feels that the M was perfect before this A. She has simply stated that she is not willing to work on those issues with a foggy WH that won't agree to NC. Seems to me that she is following MB principles to the letter.

Mindshare

S
S
Originally Posted by SugarCane
tully also writes of her busy family life, her improved physical health, her improved mental health, her recent family party, her visits from friends, her fledgling business and her thoughts about getting a house built next to her father's.
I forgot to mention Ruby!

Mindshare, thank you for your kind comments.

BW
Married 1989
His PA 2003-2006
2 kids.
N
N
Tully, I think you are doing exactly what is needed to have the best chance at recovery.

As one who has been there, I can assure you 100% that there is no possibility of even STARTING recovery before the WS has a desire for NC.

A WS who is willing to let their BS send a NC letter, and to show that they have implemented extraordinary precautions, is one who is ready to BEGIN the process of recovery.

What do you do in a stalemate? You wait. And wait and wait and wait and wait.

Your key here is to build your own life alone, and outlast the A. If you reach the point you're done and want to file, that's fine, too, but there's a very good reason why Dr. H recommends 2 years of PB.

{{{{{{{{Tully}}}}}}}}}}}

Keep on keepin on! smile

A smooth sea never made a skilled mariner.
~ English proverb

Neak's Story
C
C
Tully,

I had the same experience as Neak and had several false recoveries. My WH always said he would agree to NC, but would never write the letter. Don't cave.

BS - me 56
XWH - 57

12/25/06 - Dday - WH promised NC. Plan A in effect. Thought we were in recovery.

6-3-07 - Dday#2 Found out NC never took place and A never ended. Found MB NC promised again, but WH would not write NC letter.

9/07 - Dday #3. Still lying and sneaking around. Plan B implemented
WH wants nothing to do with me

Divorced as of 12/09 after 36 years
W
W
SugarCane,

hurray hurray hurray

You are 100% correct. I too have wondered about some of these responders. Tully could not be following the narrow path more closely. I believe with all my heart that if her marriage recovers it will be BECAUSE of the way she has handled things, not IN SPITE of them.

You are one of those wonderful posters(like Melodylane) who constantly refer back to Dr.Harley's words. Thank you so much for that.

Blessings,

WH2LE

BS(Me)-57
FWH-54
Married-5/26/2001(2nd for me, 1st for him)
DS-30
DD-27
D-Day-05/31/2007
N
N
Also, sorry I wasn't around - our internet was on and off all week, and they took a long time fixing it. Every time I left, it would work, and my DH would get to go online. Then I'd get back, and poof! No net. mad

Yer doin fabulous-like!

A smooth sea never made a skilled mariner.
~ English proverb

Neak's Story
T
tully Offline OP
OP Offline
T
Thanks Sugar, Mindshare, Chailover, Neak and WH2L.

My friend left today. We talked a lot about this and about her conversation with WH on Thursday. She thinks I should give up. He had nothing nice, positive or constructive to say about me. In fact the threats are escalating, he's talking about legal action threatening kidnapping charges.

Sorry but I'm not able right now to engage with the debate above regarding my willingness to talk to WH even if he doesn't give NC. I'll come back later. This is not a good day.

Last edited by tully; 01/18/09 02:56 PM.

Maya Angelou
M
M
tully,

I have not posted to you before this, but I have kept up on your thread.

You have done an awesome job. You are getting the best advice.

Here is my very humble opinion.

There is a reason you are getting your information as you have. It hasn't been a very quiet plan B, with all the people involved at this point.

I do have different views, as I am a Christian. But I believe the information you got from your GF serves a purpose. You have information that will help you plan what you need to do next.

I am so very sorry that you WH has not come around and seems to get angrier and less willing to take any responsibility for his actions. I see that WH is and has been blaming you for all that is amiss in your marriage. Very sad. And so untrue. You are not responsible for your WH choices. He CHOSE to do have an A, and you are only responsible for your part in marital problems, which I don't see much going on there! smile

But, what your GF has told you is good information to help you get your ducks lined up. Even if it takes longer in France for adultery charges in regard to divorce, this is my recommendation to you. It may prolong the process, but it is imperative that you protect yourself and your children. This will protect you and children and give a reason to the court as to why you moved away.

I am very concerned that your WH will pull some shenanigans to make you look less than pristine in the eyes of the court.

You did NOT kidnap anyone. You did what you needed to do to protect your family. You told your children the truth in order that they better understood your actions. This is not a bad thing.

I believe the 'higher power' is letting you know what state of mind your WS is in, and giving you what you need to protect yourself.

You are WORTHY tully, and you have done everything correctly to protect and save your marriage.

Just know that you are good, and you WILL get through this. No matter what your WS thinks.

We are all here for you!

Okay, back to lurking. And you all can smack me around for telling tully to get ahead of the game. I'm tough. LOL. grin

Love in Christ,
Miss M

me: FBS
H: FWS
Fully recovered
M
M
Tully,

So sorry to hear about this latest development. My guess is that WH is just trying to threaten you to get you to make a move because he knew that whatever he said to your friend would be communicated to you. That said, I do think you need to get serious about protecting yourself and the children. The threat is serious enough that I believe you should call the solicitor again and let him/her know about it and seek their legal advice. Perhaps there are things you can do now that will counter that move should WH actually decide to go forward with it. Once again, I think he is probably blowing steam and trying to force you into making a move but you cannot gamble on this one so make sure you seek legal advice.

Stay strong Tully! You truly are an inspiration to so many here!

hug

Mindshare

Page 39 of 57 1 2 37 38 39 40 41 56 57

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 224 guests, and 70 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Dr. Kabona, zoneofpleasure, priyu04, margoqwerty66, Torres1986
71,882 Registered Users
Latest Posts
Children
by BrainHurts - 10/19/24 04:02 PM
20 appointments and $1000’s later…
by BrainHurts - 10/17/24 01:06 PM
Can I become attracted to anyone?
by phinnino1 - 10/11/24 08:57 AM
MBRadio show discussing electric fence pers.
by phinnino1 - 10/11/24 08:55 AM
Lack of sex - anyway to fix it?
by phinnino1 - 10/11/24 08:51 AM
Radio Program Still Active?
by phinnino1 - 10/11/24 08:50 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums67
Topics133,613
Posts2,323,450
Members71,883
Most Online3,185
Jan 27th, 2020
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 2024, Marriage Builders, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation