Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
B
OP Online Content
B
Hello all, my wife and I have been married for about 2.5 years now, together for total of just over 3.5, and she left in June of this year and went to go live with her parents and took our then 6 month old. She is still living with them 2 hours away from me and has gotten a new job and is doing totally fine and says she doesn’t need my help but that she doesn’t feel comfortable with me around our child so I have been learning how to change a diaper 1/week from her for the last 2 months per Steve’s advice to try to show her that I can change a diaper and help care for our child.
She says I didn’t help out with the baby enough in the beginning and is still very hurt by how I have treated her during our short time married. We have been doing appointments with steve since beginning of August for a total of 20 now. It just hit me today that it has been thousands of dollars and 20 appointments and we have just now gotten to learning each others emotional needs, not even meeting them…so how many appointments has it taken you others to see improvements in the situation or actually see change? Because for the amount of time, effort and money I am investing, seems like things are not moving as fast they should and that I may being taken for a ride and if it takes another 10-20-30-100 idk appointments, well it’s probably better to cut our losses and move on and she can continue living in hurt and unforgiveness for a s long as she wants, and I can move on to find someone who actually wants to have a healthy relationship and I can use my new skills and abilities to do that.
I have recently had some things happen that have given me a lot of perspective and attitude and behavior shift and so I am 1 week into Plan A right now and I am going to try my best to do whatever I can to care for her and not be defensive, frustrated or oppose her in any right now in hopes that she will come around in the next month.

Last edited by bestintentions; Yesterday at 09:29 PM.
B
B
Welcome to MB.

Is she correct that you didn’t treat her right? Did you never change a diaper? How old are you both?

When is the last time you saw your child and her?

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
2 members (bestintentions, 1 invisible), 258 guests, and 67 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
margoqwerty66, Torres1986, AE1992, Verota, Quiniferous
71,879 Registered Users
Latest Posts
20 appointments and $1000’s later…
by BrainHurts - 10/17/24 01:06 PM
Can I become attracted to anyone?
by phinnino1 - 10/11/24 08:57 AM
MBRadio show discussing electric fence pers.
by phinnino1 - 10/11/24 08:55 AM
Lack of sex - anyway to fix it?
by phinnino1 - 10/11/24 08:51 AM
Radio Program Still Active?
by phinnino1 - 10/11/24 08:50 AM
Child activities
by phinnino1 - 10/11/24 08:50 AM
Am I crazy to get a divorce?
by BrainHurts - 10/08/24 12:44 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums67
Topics133,612
Posts2,323,447
Members71,879
Most Online3,185
Jan 27th, 2020
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 2024, Marriage Builders, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation