Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
P
OP Offline
P
dance2 dance2

My DD found HIM. He went back to his home state and turned himself in for ANOTHER warrant that he'd been avoiding for five years. Get this... it's for F-1 Armed Robbery. He's sitting in jail waiting for trial because he can't post bond.

My DD immediately contacted the local detectives to let them know and they are serving him in his home state with the protective order AND with the felony warrant for beating up my DD.

The Armed Robbery carries a sentence of 2-99 years with no possibility of parole until he has served at least 1/2 of his time. So even if he only gets the minimum, he'll be away for at least a year. I can't see them giving him probation either since he was on the run for so long from them and now has a felony warrant out of Texas.

Nice guy, huh?

I asked my DD if she knew about the armed robbery charge and she said yes but not until the last year or so ago. It was when he was much younger. He and a friend robbed a guy at gunpoint!

Now I know why he could never get a job. He was afraid.

My DD is going to sit our GD down and tell her what's going on in an age-appropriate manner. Any suggestions on how to do this? She'll be five next month.

Widowed 11/10/12 after 35 years of marriage
“In a sense now, I am homeless. For the home, the place of refuge, solitude, love-where my husband lived-no longer exists.” Joyce Carolyn Oates, A Widow's Story
W
W
Oh, wow, PM. Thank goodness your DD is able to get away from him.

I don't really have any advice on how to tell your granddaughter, but I'll continue to offer up prayers and throw good thoughts your way.

Fox

P
OP Offline
P
Thanks Fox.

She is doing so much better. She's actually smiling and laughing a lot more lately. Getting back to herself.

She just got a new apartment and is moving next Tuesday. Yay!! We're a little crowded in my 2-bdroom townhouse with her and our two grandkids.

I'm so proud of her.

“In a sense now, I am homeless. For the home, the place of refuge, solitude, love-where my husband lived-no longer exists.” Joyce Carolyn Oates, A Widow's Story
W
W
Good for her! It will go a long way in helping her find her self-worth and confidence again to be out on her own.

I was reading on another thread about dreams and looked at the dream dictionary. Throughout my M I had the teeth decaying/falling out dream and the failing brakes dream. Both are indicators a lack of stability in life and that your life is out of control.

I was trying to remember the last time I had one of those dreams. It has been a LONG time.

Your DD will continue to emerge as she moves away from that life and recognizes that she can control her own destiny. It is fantastic that the smiles and laughter are returning. Laughter can be incredibly healing.

Take care, PM. Wrap your arms around that H of yours and share the relief.

Fox

P
OP Offline
P
An update for those keeping up.

I found this article today about HIM. I don't care about exposing his identity as this was already printed in the paper and on the Internet.

Man pleads guilty to violent robbery
Friday, January 9, 2009 4:09 PM EST
By Tracey Read
TRead@News-Herald.com

A Cleveland man has admitted to robbing a man with a knife and gun in Willoughby Hills more than six years ago. Marcus Carter, 25, went to the victim’s apartment on June 24, 2002 at The Towers of Willoughby Hills on Chardon Road.

According to police, Carter asked about being owed $20, which the victim refused to pay. Soon after, Carter pulled out a small black handgun and showed it to the victim.

A woman who accompanied Carter pulled out a knife. Carter took the knife and placed it on the victim’s throat, forcing his way into the apartment.

The victim was told to sit down on a couch while Carter took a $200 DVD player, several DVDs and a Sega Dreamcast,

The victim identified Carter as the robber from a photo.

On Friday, Carter pleaded guilty to robbery and burglary before Lake County Common Pleas Judge Richard L. Collins Jr.

He faces up to 6 1/2 years behind bars when he is sentenced Feb. 9.

After he is sentenced in February, Texas has a hold on him and will bring him back here to face the charges for assaulting my daughter.

DD has been going to domestic violence counseling. She has the paperwork ready and is prepared to file for sole custody.

My GD still cries occasionally for her daddy but my GS doesn't seem to remember him. He just turned one in July.

I feel so bad for my GD. But we can't pick our parents.

I'm hoping he gets the maximum up there and then comes down here and gets the maximum. We'll see.

B
B
That is great PM!!

Me: 56 (FBS) Wife: 55 (FWW)
D-Day August 2005
Married 11/1982 3 Sons 27,25,23
Empty Nesters.
Fully Recovered.
S
S
Wow, PM! I missed this thread when it all was happening and am just now reading the story.

Praise God your DD and GKs are safe.

Happily married to HerPapaBear

P
OP Offline
P
Thanks BigK and SMB... it's been quite a ride. My hope is that he will just disappear out of those kids lives until they're grown.

B
B
With any luck he will be in the big house until they are grown!

D-Day August 2005
Empty Nesters.
Fully Recovered.
S
S
WOW PM, I so missed this! Amazing huh?

I am so proud of your daughter and the way that she has turned her life around!

I understnad that the wheels of justice are slow...it was so ahrd for me, not really the boys they adjusted well, when we had to live in that one room for six and a half months waiting on the judge to kick POWS out!

It's a process, or at least it was for me...I left before he hit me...I honestly felt that was the NEXT step...I'm so happy to hear that your DD is living life and not letting life live her!

You ahve wonderful things to look forward to with her life! AMAZING, SIMPLY AMAZING, as my own as been! I'm still in awe somedays!

FOX:

I was reading on another thread about dreams and looked at the dream dictionary. Throughout my M I had the teeth decaying/falling out dream and the failing brakes dream. Both are indicators a lack of stability in life and that your life is out of control.

WOW! I ahd forgotten about this! I use to dream that my teeth were falling out and breaking ALL THE TIME! I can't remember the last time I dreamed that either! Never had the failing brakes dream, but would fly all the time, recently had that one. Guess I need to look that up! LOL, see what that's about!

A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge.
Thomas Carlyle
P
OP Offline
P
Update:

I got a call this morning from the presentencing officer up north. He asked me about everything that had happened here and then dropped the bomb.

He said my daughter's xBF is telling him that he was under the impression that my daughter was dropping the charges and that when he went back to Texas, he would either be living with my daughter or his parents. faint

Oh no, no, no. I told the PO that was just a bald-faced lie. I told him about the two-year protective order in place, the pending felony case, and how my daughter was terrified that he would be released. I suggested he call my daughter and get the scoop from her.

He did and my daughter set him straight and gave him the number of the detectives working the case here.

The nerve of that man... I just wanna smack him! rant2

B
B
OMG, PM, in addition to living in Texas like you, the place where the armed robbery took place is literally 5 minutes from the house I grew up in!!! I know EXACTLY where it happened...could drive you there this very second. It is a small, small world!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

P
OP Offline
P
Originally Posted by Brit\'s Brat
OMG, PM, in addition to living in Texas like you, the place where the armed robbery took place is literally 5 minutes from the house I grew up in!!! I know EXACTLY where it happened...could drive you there this very second. It is a small, small world!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow, that is wild. What's that movie about chance enounters? You just never know how people's lives connect.

B
B
PM, I will lift your daughter and grandkids up in prayer.

It is amazing how lives connect. I was born in Willoughby and lived in Willoughby Hills for a short time while I was a kid.

B
B
It's pretty stunning that that officer would take anything the dirtbag said on face value!! Thankfully he at least contacted you.

Good Grief!

D-Day August 2005
Empty Nesters.
Fully Recovered.
K
K
PM, I am so glad your DD got away from this abusive man. Will continue praying for your family!

P
OP Offline
P
Update: HE was sentenced today to ONE YEAR with time served. That means he'll be out in 8 months. My daughter is so upset. But at least that gives her 8 months to get the custody motion filed, only now she can't terminate his rights so easily.

He still has to face charges here in Texas, so maybe since he has a felony conviction under his belt, the Texas courts will be a little harder on him when he gets here.

Please pray for my DD's peace. She is so afraid that he'll come back and get her.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,086 guests, and 45 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation