Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 95 of 136 1 2 93 94 95 96 97 135 136
S
S
Here's an idea...

Change your cell phone number.

Have IM's send a message that the new contact number for T2L is 888-****.

The number they give would be one of the IM's numbers, but do not give him that info, just that contact number for T2L is...

Document in your journal that WS continues to harrass you, so it is necessary to change your number.

And I would do it TODAY to send him the message that he is NOT in control, YOU are.

Watcha think?

Happily married to HerPapaBear

S
S
And since you have a recording of the verbally abusive message he left on the house phone, that supports the "harrassment" statement.

grin

Waywards are soooooooooo stupid :twobyfour:

J
J
That's a great idea, giving him the IM's phone number as your new number!

If you don't want to have to notify all your friends etc ofa new phone number, is it possible to have phone calls from a certain number forwarded to another number? Can you selectively forward calls, so that only his calls get forwarded to the IMs? That'd be pretty funny...

me - 47 tired
H - 39 cool
married 2001
DS 8a think
DS 8b :crosseyedcrazy:
(Why is DS7b now a blockhead???)
(Ack! Now he's not even a blockhead, just a word! That's no fun!)
H
H
I think there is a way that you can block certain phone numbers on your cell. That should give him the hint.

Me 55, XWH 53, M 22 years
D17, D30
alien replaces my husband "I'm not happy" -7/08
Discover OW-8/08 (his direct report and I work there also)
H moves out 10/1/08, confront Ow 10/28/08
Plan B 1/09
D final 12/09

Quote: "First thing you do is pray; when there is nothing else to do, continue to pray."
T
T
Originally Posted by Trying2live
Anyways y'all know me, it didn't get responded to. Sorry but I am so not talking to you. Our convo taught me a great lesson and now I am feeling way determined and stronger and I am not wasting my time EVER again talking to your Fogged out butt.

Your strength, determination, and conviction are amazing. You're doing so well in understanding that you do not want to reward or affiliate with the WS. When he's interested in being the *F*WH then that's a different case altogether.

Anyways lst month when I printed them out the calls doubled after I went into Plan B but this time they are cut in half even going 5 days with no calls and that happened twice. I don't feel the A is going that great but now his pride will be what truly is going to hurt. Imagine how hard it would be to come home and admit it didn't work. Whatever dude. He said on that call that even if he wasn't with her he wouldn't come running home. Well he better figure it out cuz as of tomorrow I have 3 months to my 1 year mark.

I really did think he'd dump OW and come crawling back in short order. I'm not at all surprised to see that the affair is on shaky legs (at best). I totally underestimated his selfishness and sense of entitlement. If he *doesn't* come back, you really are better off w/o him. He might not have what it takes to be a true spouse and put your needs and well being ahead of his own wants.

Great job on the darkness!

A
AJ_ Offline
A
Neak here, on AJ's computer.

The man your DD described in her letter wants to come back. God wants him to come back (only better).

He may never come back, true, but chances are far better that he will. Hold on as long as you can, and save a little reserve in case he comes back right after you've given up. Waywards seems to have an uncanny sense for when they've run out of grace, and many snap out at that point, after the BS decides it's too late.

Happily recovered!and Happily Married :0)

Commit your works to the LORD and your plans will be established.
Proverbs 16:3
T
OP Offline
T
Originally Posted by sexymamabear
Here's an idea...

Change your cell phone number.

Have IM's send a message that the new contact number for T2L is 888-****.

The number they give would be one of the IM's numbers, but do not give him that info, just that contact number for T2L is...

Document in your journal that WS continues to harrass you, so it is necessary to change your number.

And I would do it TODAY to send him the message that he is NOT in control, YOU are.

Watcha think?

Well sounds great except for he pays for the cell bill and the bill is sent to his house and it has all our numbers on it.

I would have to get another phone but I cannot at this point because of money issues, every penny counts with this bonehead thinking he can support 2 households. That unfortunately is probably going to end not too much longer. frown More than likely with the kids and i having to move from our dream home to an apartment. H wanted to keep us in this house but he refuses to see that he doesn't make enough money to do so.

Me-39 H-38/Married 19years/DD18 & DS10
Dday EA/PA 4/23/08 Left home 5/08/08
Moved in w/Sea Hag 08/01/08
Read SAA Sept 08 Plan A 10/03/08 thru 11/15/08
Plan B 11/15/08-currently
01/18/09 Plan B crack w/phone call restating PBL
01/31/09 Planned brief contact
02/15/09 Delivery of Planned 2nd PBL
Filed for D Dec 2009 Recovering well!
T
T
After reading Neak's post, and then mine, I realized how negative mine sounded. I didn't mean to do that. I still have hope he'll get his head out of his butt and wake up and "act right".

What I was trying to say is that, on the off chance that he chooses NOT to wake up and "act right", it would be a good thing in the long run.

But I do still have hope that he'll come around.

T
OP Offline
T
Originally Posted by turtlehead
I totally underestimated his selfishness and sense of entitlement. If he *doesn't* come back, you really are better off w/o him. He might not have what it takes to be a true spouse and put your needs and well being ahead of his own wants.

Great job on the darkness!

I am not sure he has it in him to really be a good spouse. I have realized that I worked very hard in the marriage(did makes some LB's) and he did not. Yes he took us to church and yes he provided for us and yes he did give us many laughs and affection BUT he was no fully connected-I feel really dumb even saying that because it almost doesn't seem that, that is possible.

I think I may be the cause of some of his entitlement. Here's why and y'all can correct me if necessary. I have always kinda known that H needed admiration. So I gave him admiration but even while this man had his moodiness and angry outbursts, so now he thinks he is like the "man" and probably thinks I am lucky to have him. IN fact a month just before I found out he totally embarrassed me in front of church friends. We were all talking about Valentines Day and he says she doesn't need flowers and candy she is lucky I walk in the door.

Imagine you reward a man for 24 years with Admiration while he is behaving badly. Not good.

So last night he sends DD17 a text saying goodnight baby but makes no attempt to call DS10(he wouldn't have answered but i feel he's the adult he should call daily until he answers) and makes NO mention of her letter to him.

Yeah so not gonna cry over him any more!

T
OP Offline
T
Originally Posted by turtlehead
After reading Neak's post, and then mine, I realized how negative mine sounded. I didn't mean to do that. I still have hope he'll get his head out of his butt and wake up and "act right".

What I was trying to say is that, on the off chance that he chooses NOT to wake up and "act right", it would be a good thing in the long run.

But I do still have hope that he'll come around.

No worries Turtle wink

I have thought it myself. I am not sure he can overcome pride, I mean its worse that adultery in my book. Satan lifted his self and wanted to exalt himself above the throne of God and he convinced a 1/3 of the angels because of pride. I can barely see how Mr. T2L is gonna do it.

Yes he cries in front of others and DD17 but NOT in front of me. And even "IF" by chance he makes it to the front door, HONESTLY I cannot see him agreeing to ANY conditions. I personally feel he thinks he's doing us some big favor and we all should be so lucky the "awesome" one has come home puke . I am sure he thinks he'll walk in a run the place since we'll all be afraid of him doing it again. Yeah we might but not afraid to live with out you anymore.

T
OP Offline
T
Originally Posted by TryingToLetItGo
So here it goes. It seems like I keep reading about people who are doing great plan B's and are not seeing their WS's return. But the people that I have seen do terrible plan B's are in recovery.

This is limited to the few people who I have followed their threads over the past year, but it really does bother me.

Yes I know that plan B is part of MB and this is MB's website which is precisely why I do not comment anymore to people who are contemplating or are in plan B.

I quoted the above off that new thread about WS vs. Cake eaters. Its an interesting Thread and I like what TTLIG posted as it raises a good question.

And verve also stated that PB wouldn't have worked on her WH. My DD17 has said a few times to me that she doesn't think that the PB will work on dad because he is stubborn.

A part of me agrees but a part of me knows he needs to make this decision and there's that part that wonders if he will make that decision with out communicating? IDK but the thread that it came from does make me wonder.

I mean a lot of you who post to me told me that you did crappy PB's(I think PM and SMB??) and your recovered. I am doing a fairly well PB and this dude is really dead against it. I understand the entitlement and other bull cr@p too. But I do wonder.

So what are all your thoughts guys about this topic?

J
J
Hmmm... Lil did a really good PB. She had a false recovery first tho, right as she was about to go into PB.

JMHO, not expert or the "MB" way or anything, but I just kinda have a feeling that a false recovery sometimes paves the way for the real recovery... um, how to say this... allowing a recovery which is not iron-clad, when the WS isn't quite ready for iron-clad, while it may be painful IMHO it may have kept the hope and interest alive in the WS...

I'm not sure I'm saying that right, cus it almost sounds like I'm suggesting a wishy-washy PB which I'm not. More like, (and this is JUST my HUMBLE opinion!) being a little lax with the conditions, at least the first time, seems friendlier, more welcoming, so it's easier for the WS to come home.

I hear about a lot of folks in recovery who had a false recovery with easier conditions and then a real recovery with hard conditions. The 2nd time around the WS was willing to meet those harder conditions.

Dr. Harley does say that PB is highly risky and not guaranteed to lead to recovery of the marriage; just that it protects the BS.

me - 47 tired
H - 39 cool
married 2001
DS 8a think
DS 8b :crosseyedcrazy:
(Why is DS7b now a blockhead???)
(Ack! Now he's not even a blockhead, just a word! That's no fun!)
T
OP Offline
T
I guess he just called DD17 while I was out and is coming here to to take her for coffee. Can you believe he acknowledged her letter. He said I got your letter.

DD17 said she kinda tried to get out of it but he was not getting the hint and said hes coming.

DS10 said he wants to go visit so after 3 weeks of no contact he will visit his dad which I'm sure will be fine as DD17 will be with him.

Okay gotta go he's on his way and I need to go finish my errands.

Post later.....

L
L
pray hug for the 3 of you

Recovered marriage, recovering self, life gets better everyday laugh
C
C
Yes he cries in front of others and DD17 but NOT in front of me. And even "IF" by chance he makes it to the front door, HONESTLY I cannot see him agreeing to ANY conditions. I personally feel he thinks he's doing us some big favor and we all should be so lucky the "awesome" one has come home . I am sure he thinks he'll walk in a run the place since we'll all be afraid of him doing it again. Yeah we might but not afraid to live with out you anymore.
My D18 got asked out by this adorable boy earlier this year. He was so full of himself. Girls had been dying to go out with him, but he chose D18. But she proved too sure of herself (and unwilling to have sex), so he dumped her after a month. That was mid-October. Girls had warned her not to go out with the good-looking guy, she finally found out why.

Basically, he had another girl lined up he was going to ask out, one who did put out. Now it's end of January, and that girl, and three others after her, have all turned him down, cos his reputation for being a conceited jerk got ahead of him. There is justice sometimes.

C
C
So what are all your thoughts guys about this topic?
My thought is why would you want him back if he doesn't go through a period of losing his pride? All he would ever do is have another affair.

S
S
The PURPOSE of plan B is NOT to WORK on the WH. It is to PROTECT the BS so that WHEN the affair DOES end, as we all know it will, the BS still LOVES their spouse. It takes you out of the drama so that you cannot be continually abused by WS.

Plan B IS ABOUT YOU, not Mr. T2L.

Originally Posted by Trying2live
And verve also stated that PB wouldn't have worked on her WH.

Frankly, verve is guessing here. It's the same as a BS too terrified to expose telling everyone that exposure won't work in their situation.

Maybe verve's husband came home IN SPITE of her unwillingness to plan B, not BECAUSE of it. (no offense intended to verve!)

My DD17 has said a few times to me that she doesn't think that the PB will work on dad because he is stubborn.

Plan B isn't suppose to "work" on WS. You've got to get that through your head, T2L. Nothing "works" on a WS. You are just trying to set the stage for a possible recovery, if he ever gets his head outta his hiney.

I mean a lot of you who post to me told me that you did crappy PB's(I think PM and SMB??) and your recovered.

I did not Plan B. I Plan A'd, and then just stayed as far away as possible and practiced tough love Dr. Dobson style (because I couldn't handle Plan A anymore) while I prepared for Plan B. tst came home before Plan B went into affect.

I don't think PM Plan B'd either because she didn't find MB until recovery.

But none of this matters, T2L. You can find recovered marriages from all types of battlefields. Some immediately following D-day, some during Plan A, some coming out of Plan B, and some even from Plan C or D.

This isn't about anyone's situation but T2L's. We are here to help you keep love for your husband. We KNOW the affair will end, we just don't know when. We want you to still love your husband when it does.

I am doing a fairly well PB and this dude is really dead against it.

You gotta stop thinking he's special and different. We are all married to stubborn people. I sure as heck am. (so is tst smile )

H
H
Maybe it's OK to come out of Plan B if...if...WH knocks on your bedroom door in the middle of the night with roses in one hand and a bottle of champagne in the other. He looks at you with a smile to melt. Says he's been such a fool. That his true and only love is in front of him. Then he falls on one knee, tears in his eyes, and says "Will you be my wife again? Will you love me again? Will you forgive me? Because I promise, and I really mean it this time, to love, honor and cherish you forever and ever. And...more importantly...to be faithful to you...as long as I live."
Then he asks you to pack quickly, that the limo is waiting out front, and you two are booked on a one-week cruise.

OK -- in that situation -- I say "F Plan B" and go for it.

Can't a BS in Plan B dream?

M 25 yrs, 3 teens
Dday 12/07
5ish False Recoveries (all in 2008)
12/08 WH moves in w/OW, her kids
Plan B/D/FU -- depending on the day
He files 1/09; D final 12/2012
"I'm moving on"
H
H
Then T2L can whip out her NC contract all neatly typed up and stuck in the drawer and say "Please sign on the dotted line, hand me your cell phone, call the OW NOW and say tata"

Ok now the limo is beeping, lets get going.

romantic wishing with some practicality.

Me 55, XWH 53, M 22 years
D17, D30
alien replaces my husband "I'm not happy" -7/08
Discover OW-8/08 (his direct report and I work there also)
H moves out 10/1/08, confront Ow 10/28/08
Plan B 1/09
D final 12/09

Quote: "First thing you do is pray; when there is nothing else to do, continue to pray."
L
L
Originally Posted by Holyheart
Maybe it's OK to come out of Plan B if...if...WH knocks on your bedroom door in the middle of the night with roses in one hand and a bottle of champagne in the other. He looks at you with a smile to melt. Says he's been such a fool. That his true and only love is in front of him. Then he falls on one knee, tears in his eyes, and says "Will you be my wife again? Will you love me again? Will you forgive me? Because I promise, and I really mean it this time, to love, honor and cherish you forever and ever. And...more importantly...to be faithful to you...as long as I live."
Then he asks you to pack quickly, that the limo is waiting out front, and you two are booked on a one-week cruise.

OK -- in that situation -- I say "F Plan B" and go for it.

Can't a BS in Plan B dream?

Heck Im dreaming of that from my FWH!!!!!!
rotflmao

Recovered marriage, recovering self, life gets better everyday laugh
Page 95 of 136 1 2 93 94 95 96 97 135 136

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 374 guests, and 59 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation