Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 97 of 136 1 2 95 96 97 98 99 135 136
T
OP Offline
T
Originally Posted by Pepperband
I don't want to have to answer to anyone

I sincerely hopes WH repeats this declaration! .... because there are UNexpected ways you might respond that will be more helpful than you defending YOUR actions ....

It is a fascinating thing he said. (WHERE is Schoolbus when you need her?)

When we don't "answer" to ANYONE it is a distancing mechanism.
It keeps people from getting too close.

"Methinks he doth protest too much"

It means .... (WS translation service activated)

DO NOT ASK ME TO CARE ABOUT OTHERS

You see, on the surface it appears to be about arrogance.

Dig deeper, it's about fear of intimacy.

Earlier you mentioned the comment in church that his Valentine's Day gift to you might as well be "walking through the door".

Does that sound like a CONFIDENT and SELF ASSURED man to anyone? Not to me !

You mentioned his EN for admiration - honey - this is a man thing .... not just your man, my man too. It's an easily filled EN - don't dismiss it so quickly as a character flaw.

The smaller the man feels on the inside, the greater his need for admiration.

He feels very small indeed.

I think it is time for some re-thinking about strategy.

I'll get back to you .... my caffeine level needs attention.

Yes I have known about his major self esteem but if look at him outwardly you would never know it. But Gos allowed me to see it many years ago. He does not feel confident inside and living with me "Mrs Happy go luck and miss positive" per his words, probably didn't make things any better. Imagine you are jacked up inside and your wife is happy positive gives everyone benefit of doubt sees good before bad. I am sure he hated it. But what was I too do?

I am interested in what you have to say.

Me-39 H-38/Married 19years/DD18 & DS10
Dday EA/PA 4/23/08 Left home 5/08/08
Moved in w/Sea Hag 08/01/08
Read SAA Sept 08 Plan A 10/03/08 thru 11/15/08
Plan B 11/15/08-currently
01/18/09 Plan B crack w/phone call restating PBL
01/31/09 Planned brief contact
02/15/09 Delivery of Planned 2nd PBL
Filed for D Dec 2009 Recovering well!
T
OP Offline
T
Originally Posted by princessmeggy
T2L, just curious, did DD say if he said anything about her letter.

He said I got your letter. That's it. She said oh okay thats good.

P
P
The brainstormers need your input:
We all fear intimacy on some level. Deep intimacy means an eventual deep heartbreaking loss.

Think about this a little while.

How can you touch this next time WS expresses his fear by way of the "control" detour? (instead of explaining your motives, yet again)

How can you touch his fears?

Not help - touch.

You know him, we don't.

He's not a talker - what touches him?

T
OP Offline
T
Originally Posted by AJ_
Pep, can't wait to hear what you have to say. Also, if this latest info is to be snail-mailed, I'll send you an email about that later today. Come back when you have your coffee drip hooked up. laugh

I'm hooked up!

Email brainstorming has begun.

I'd really like to give this marriage a fighting chance.
I like both of these people very much!

YES - I even like this waynerd - I like him because he's managed to produce two AMAZING kids - and that is no accident!

hug kiss hug kiss

P
P
What are WH's favorite 3 movies?

What are WH's favorite 3 songs?

What was WH's favorite trip you took together?

Where has WH always said he wants to go on vacation someday?

J
J
I said to him last night 3 times in a row.

"three times in a row" .... you explained your motives for your actions ..... not working. Resist the desire to explain yourself next time.

Look Mr. T2L

Never begin with "LOOK" ... it sounds controlling to a waynerd ... Begin every sentence with gently speaking his first name (or a favorite intimate pet name) ... it will throw him off his "don't control me" game and assumes intimacy far more than "Look you! "

I am not trying to control you,please hear me this is not about control I am not trying to control you or hurt you.

What about - "I can see how scared you feel."

I have no one to protect me anymore so I have to protect myself now(he used to pride his self on protecting me). I say I have to protect my heart. I say if its only for the fact that i am the mother or your children, you dont even have to love me at this point, but just honor the fact that i am the mother of your kids, then I would hope that this would cause you to not want to harm me any further. I have to protect my self so I am not driven to the loony bin(I said only to convey how crazy this all feels and NOT because I am losing it) wink But I did say many times that this is not control and I am not trying to hurt you but I cannot keep in contact with you its too painful.

Once you've explained yourself - don't repeat. His ears are not open to this.

Instead - respond to his BODY LANGUAGE and not his words.

"You seem tense. How are you?"

And mind you I am fighting back tears and he can see a few slip out.

tears are honest

So I find out last night that he had his employer change his email address about 3 weeks ago to avoid the IM's. But ya know what I just thought, hmmm then how did he get his daughters letter 2 days ago? Hmmm. Liar! Unless he checks it too on occasion. IDK doesnt matter told the IM's to go postal mail.

Please don't tell me to "go postal" You haven't seen what happens when I go postal !... rotflmao

BTW - I have been worried about your love bank - until I read your last interaction - you're not near empty -

hurray

How can you touch this next time WS expresses his fear by way of the "control" detour? (instead of explaining your motives, yet again)

hurray hurray hurray

ITA. You don't have to justify *your* actions to HIM.

I like Pep's suggestions to change strategy and the things she is suggesting.

I would like to see what he says if you used exactly his phrase - He doesn't have to answer to anyone, is that it? - by saying "You don't have to answer to anyone, it's your choice whether to come home or not" or "ME NEITHER." But not in a way that you are defending YOUR choices about YOU to HIM.

Oh, and I bet God knows who I'm talking about when I say "T2L's WH" wink

me - 47 tired
H - 39 cool
married 2001
DS 8a think
DS 8b :crosseyedcrazy:
(Why is DS7b now a blockhead???)
(Ack! Now he's not even a blockhead, just a word! That's no fun!)
T
OP Offline
T
What are WH's favorite 3 movies?

What are WH's favorite 3 songs?

What was WH's favorite trip you took together?

Where has WH always said he wants to go on vacation someday?

His favorite movies are: If I would have to try to narrow it down, it would be Tommy boy, Wedding singer, Apollo 16 and Happy Gilmore

His 3 favorite songs are Apologize by Timberland, Stunt 101 by G-unit, possibly in the air tonight by Phil Collins. Its hard to narrow. But Apologize he loved. Our family dog of 13 years died November 2007, he took it so hard and wept for days. That song Apologize came on and he thinks fondly of it even now.

Favorite trip, hard question he was always so weird and couldn't fully relax. Um family trip would be our 7 day cruise to Caribbean, but the best part about it wasn't as much the cruise but I had planned for us to stay an additional day so we could take him to Kennedy Space Center. He was amazed and we were all bored to death. He could have been an astronaut, he is fascinated with space. LOL guess he liked it so much he let spce in his brain...Ok sorry LOL I wish I had enjoyed the Space Center more now. He loved it. As far as trip for us as a couple it was our 1st trip to Bahamas on 4 day cruise for our 15 year anniversary.

He loves travel, he wants to see the whole world really. Hmm I would have to say its between New York and the whole ground Zero area or Washington DC. He is a conservative and very political guess that's why he likes both of those places they are political.

Any more questions? Do I need to narrow down more?

P
P

This is helpful to get a picture of what he's like -

any other likes or dislikes you add may be helpful

P
P
Does he read books or magazines? Which ones?

Has he ever written you a love letter?

T
OP Offline
T

This is helpful to get a picture of what he's like -

any other likes or dislikes you add may be helpful

Things he likes and I mean from when he wasn't a WS as he has changed a bit so this is what he was like then:
Italian food especially pesto, salads and home made olive oil dressing, he loves sunflower seeds, he played the drums at church he loved playing the drums, he likes red wines and tasting new beers from different countries and makers, he loves to travel, he wants to be an inventor he loves creating ideas because he really is an entrepreneur at heart, He hates Pie and pie crust, he LOVES ice cream, he can appreciate a beautiful clear so cal day, he likes hiking and taking in nature, the appreciates music, appreciates the ocean, loved chasing kids down the streets and try to catch them, loved tickling kids and me

Things he dislikes very much:

He was always worried where ever we went that people are staring at him, He hates being looked at, he hated going to the movies because someone will kick his chair(now he goes and I guess its okay) He hated going shopping but now he likes its, he hates going to places like Disneyland because of the crowds, he despises getting drunk completely drunk he cannot handle it tho his drinking did increase but seems to have died down he said initially he did it to kill the guilt, he dislikes country music, hates talking and fears looking stupid and failing, has a fear he will never be an inventor or not wealthy, hates apologizing or being wrong( i know we all do but i always apologized just to kill fight)

Hmm I can think more do you need more?

T
OP Offline
T
Does he read books or magazines? Which ones?

Has he ever written you a love letter?

He wrote me the nicest Valentines note inside of the Card he gave me last year, i kept it on the counter until late summer. H never really wrote me things. He would just get a card that he felt said what he wanted to say. Its like he couldn't even open up to write me anything. I always longed for it but knew he was uncomfortable with it. He said sorry I didn't write much it says how i felt. But last year he wrote in it and I cried because he never did that, but then it went from EA to PA 2 weeks later, now i know why it was a cover up.

He said thanks for being there through all my ups and downs i know its been hard but i love you.

He doesn't read much, never has really but loves KFI talk radio. Hes more into TV than reading. He enjoy history very much and if he had to read a book it would be more of a pictorial with minor side notes maybe on space or all history, romans, american history he loves it all.

P
P
REALLY helpful stuff.

* thanks *

Does he listen to Dr Laura on KFI?
rotflmao

T
OP Offline
T
Okay he thinks Dr. Laura is wise and has good things to say but that she is a biatch. I say true but the people wont listen.

oh he hates Dr. Phil too and he used to hate loud boisterous people who attract attention to themselves, he hates if he thinks you are psychoanalyzing him or that there is anything wrong with him, he was that way Pre-A.

T
OP Offline
T
He loves his country and is a complete patriot and dislikes very much terrorism. Funny the dude is my personal terrorist LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL Just kidding. He hates being late to events and he hates having no money but to him it hits him in his self esteem, guy thing maybe.

P
P
I am getting a picture of his core values ... no wonder he's in such a bad mood! faint He can't stand what he currently stands for, a rule breaker.

Last edited by Pepperband; 01/24/09 03:09 PM.
T
OP Offline
T
Yes he would have looked at someone like himself and called him self a loser. He would have a called the OW a loser. He had major values but they just disappeared. He used to be intensely loyal but if you crossed his family you would basically die. Odd huh. Most people knew don't mess with MR. T2L's family.

S
S
HP, first you said this...

Originally Posted by hopenpray
...I spoke to him recently and he is still very fogged,did a lot of 'babbling"

then you said this...

..He said that whenever I gave him a letter it just showed him that I wanted to control him and our marriage...that is all he saw....he said it pushed him further away.

You said your husband was foggy and babbling, then you want T2L to think that anything he said is valuable insight?

Your WS is still gaslighting you and justifying is horrid actions.

I know they don't deserve us to be loving and kind to them while they are in the throws of their affair,and as hard as it is I think we should still show them unconditional love..

We show our HUSBANDS love, NOT WH.

I KNOW ITS HARD...have boundaries,sure but don't be too hard/stubborn...if you feel doing this will put you in the luney bin,then rather do a dark plan B,for your own sanity and safety.

Loving unconditionally is one of the hardest things to do

HP, it sounds as if you are confused and think that appeasing the WAYWARD is the path to recovery.

Loving unconditionally is not the same thing as appeasement.

..but think what it will show him...

I think you are suggesting she show him he can have his cake and she will not expect him to behave as a GODLY HUSBAND should.

If you want to do everything possible to save your marriage,I feel you should give a little,hand him the olive branch so to speak...life is not black or white...emotions are involved here....

This is how I got into a false recovery, HP.

Sin is black and white.

She HAS REPEATEDLY SHOWN him that the door is open, when he is ready to BE A GODLY HUSBAND.

Settling for anything less would be a threat to her and her children's souls.

You have to give in order to receive...you reap what you sow....

Do you suggest she welcome her rapist into her home?

In his present state of mind he is NOT SAFE.

What are you sowing/saying to him?

She is saying, "I am a PRINCESS OF THE KING and I know that the KING will care and protect me."

Try see it from his perspective,keeping in mind that his an ALIEN,but underneath that persona is your husband..and that is who you are trying to reach....love conquers all..

Love conquers all. Yes, it does. Enabling conquers nothing.

She IS loving her husband. She loves him so much that she knows he must become sweetly broken and wholly surrendered. She knows that HIS SOUL depends on it.

You are suggesting she let the wayward continue to possess her husband until her husband is finally gone forever.

I know its scary and very difficult to do when your whole being is screaming for you to act differently,but what would Jesus do?

Jesus turned the tables in the Temple because of his righteous anger.

Jesus told us when a sinner refuses to turn away from his evil, have nothing to do with him.

Jesus said, Go and SIN NO MORE. He never said, Come and keep sinning.

T2L is fighting to save her husband and you are telling her to quit and let the wayward take her husband over.

Scripture says:

each one is tempted when, by his own evil desire, he is dragged away and enticed. Then, after desire has conceived, it gives birth to sin; and sin, when it is full grown, gives birth to death. James 1:14-17

T2L's husband was tempted, dragged away and enticed. His sin is growing and will soon be full grown. The path his is on leads to death.

T2L must protect herself and her children from the path that leads to death.

Last edited by sexymamabear; 01/24/09 04:05 PM.

Happily married to HerPapaBear

S
S
Originally Posted by Trying2live
I am at a loss over what the whole i don't want to answer to anyone crap is.

It's fog babble pure and simple.

Quit thinking that anything he says has any truth to it.

S
S
Originally Posted by princessmeggy
Later, after recovery, he said he KNEW that he was being defiant to God, but he was so lost, he just didn't care at the time. He said that prayer meeting at the church, hearing the words prayed and said over him nearly undid him, that he had to consciously continue to walk away, knowing full well he was in rebellion. My DH was arrogant too. The things he said to me were just plain cruel.

I began to lose hope big time after that. If God couldn't reach him, then he was probably gone for good.

What I didn't know until later is that God was still chasing after him. He put people in his path to remind him that God still loved him, wasn't done with him, even when he was out drinking in a bar. He never told me that until after we recovered.

I could tell a very similar story, almost word for word, except the drinking part.

I second this, T2L, do not lose hope.

S
S
Originally Posted by hopenpray
I have been following your story from day 1.Just so you know my situation.....Dec 06 H's affair discoverd,had been going for 2 weeks,he moves in with OW.....Dec 08 divorce goes through and he marries OW 20 days later.

Now I did plan A, was hard as he had moved out..I did a weak plan B..wrote 2 letters to him..he did a lot of "thinking" about coming home but never acted on anything.

My point is this..I spoke to him recently and he is still very fogged,did a lot of 'babbling"..IMO when they read the PBL they don't see the crux of what we are saying to them..He said that whenever I gave him a letter it just showed him that I wanted to control him and our marriage...that is all he saw....he said it pushed him further away.

I know they don't deserve us to be loving and kind to them while they are in the throws of their affair,and as hard as it is I think we should still show them unconditional love..I KNOW ITS HARD...have boundaries,sure but don't be too hard/stubborn...if you feel doing this will put you in the luney bin,then rather do a dark plan B,for your own sanity and safety.

Loving unconditionally is one of the hardest things to do..but think what it will show him...
If you want to do everything possible to save your marriage,I feel you should give a little,hand him the olive branch so to speak...life is not black or white...emotions are involved here....

You have to give in order to receive...you reap what you sow....
What are you sowing/saying to him? Try see it from his perspective,keeping in mind that his an ALIEN,but underneath that persona is your husband..and that is who you are trying to reach....love conquers all..

I know its scary and very difficult to do when your whole being is screaming for you to act differently,but what would Jesus do?

I know this is not MB way....just my opinion...don't get to caught up in theoretical plans that may not work for you...
Remember,men are proud stubborn idiots at times. Don't cut off your nose to spite your face...so to speak.!JMHO..

I Cor. 5:5
Hand this man over to satan so that the sinful nature may be destroyed and his spirit saved on the day of the Lord.

I Cor. 5:9-13
I have written you in my letter not to associate with sexually immoral people--not at all--meaning the people of this world who are immoral, or the greedy and swindlers, or idolaters. In that case, you would have to leave this world. But now I am writing you that you must not associate with anyone who calls himself a brother but is sexually immoral or greedy, an idolater or a slanderer, a drunkard or a swindler. With such a man, do not even eat.

What business is it of mine to judge those outside the church? Are you not to judge those inside? God will judge those outside. "Expel the wicked man from among you."

Page 97 of 136 1 2 95 96 97 98 99 135 136

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 291 guests, and 57 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation