Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 24 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 23 24
C
OP Offline
C
I'm having a little trouble finding a polygraph artist.

It is easier for an old lady to get a brightly colored tattoo than find somebody who isn't slimy who will actually do this!

I've only gotten through to one person on the phone and he doesn't want to do it. He thinks it won't solve any problems. That may be just his personal bias about this subject, but he didn't like Chewie's multiple strikes.

So I've got inquiries in to a few more people.

Chrysalis
L
L
Too bad, I hope you find someone soon.

How the heck does a person go about fiding someone in the first place?

LC

M
M
Have you looked into any of these? Google Search filtered for LA area

C
OP Offline
C
Mark, calls into the ones of those that are within an hour and I was not otherwise warned about. I called another one today who is a cop who took my call on duty and didn;t have much in the way of answers to my questions. redflag Have emails in to one more plus a consultant.

Chrysalis
S
S
It is easier for an old lady to get a brightly colored tattoo than find somebody who isn't slimy who will actually do this!

Maybe it is easier to find a new husband than a good polygrapher.

C
OP Offline
C
Chewie got home from work tonight with three admissions waiting for him at the hospital. He napped for a little while before dinner, then went to the hospital at the time we had agreed on. He has not done any MB reading here today so far as I know. He can have a pass for today.

If he has no more patients to admit, he might be home by midnight. He is responsible for all admissions until the morning at one hospital, plus all phone calls for a certain geographic area. The ER docs initially see and decide to admit the patient, but then he has to go assume the patient's care for the group. It takes about an hour for each one, though I've never figured out what it is that they do during that time. (And the amount of time has been consistent for years, regardless of hospital or time of day or night, so I think it is for real.)

He's looking pretty awful again but then again I am the one who got to spend 5 hours with my head under the covers today.

Chrysalis
L
L
Chrys,

I know how frustrated you can be over the lifestyle of a doctor. Maybe this is his HUGE wake up call that it's time for him to change jobs. There are other jobs in his field that don't require all that extra time.

The hosptital Docp works for has hospitalist who cover all admissions and support call.

What I'm saying is he should start looking elsewhere and find a job that allows him more time at home. I know for a fact they exist. The best thing Docp did for our marriage after my A was find another job that allowed him to spend more time with us. The bonus was he was lucky enough to find a job with less of a commute, less hours and paid better.

Start looking in the back of his medical magazines. There are always a ton of jobs listed.

LC

L
L
Chrys,

I wanted to add, I completely understand it is a HUGE process for a doctor to change jobs. Docp had to give a 90 day notice and he also had a no competition clause in his contract.

I know it will take time, there is no harm in sending his CV and hearing what others have to say. Just because he talks to them doesn't mean he has to accept a job.

Docp looked into several jobs before he found the one he has now.

From start to finish it took 6 months to find the right mix. I would recommend you at least look and see what is out there.

LC

C
OP Offline
C
LC, Changing jobs/moving is definitely on my list of things to consider. I'm not yet to a place where I know whether I want that. Or whether I know if things can be fixed or should be fixed.

Chrysalis
N
N
Originally Posted by Chrysalis
again but then again I am the one who got to spend 5 hours with my head under the covers today.

((((Chrys)))))

SOOOOO, what are you going to do TODAY, for Chrys?????....can't have a repeat of yesterday now can we????.....(yes, my inner Mimi is coming out....)

While I KNOW (and sista you know I know, so don't pretend I don't know, know what I mean?????) it is so easy to crawl into bed and pretty much give up on life itself, but as EVERYONE around here says,,,,,you gotta get up and put one foot in front of the other.....

So, in light of ALL that you have been through this week, what are going to do that is SPECIAL, just for you, TODAY????....

A pedicure???....

A message???....

Maybe a grande latte frappachini mocha whatcha's from Starbucks (not a coffee drinker, so bear with me...).....

Well, being well versed in the GODDESS/Mimi way, I say take your shower and get dressed. Wear something out of the ordinary for YOU. I'm not talking a dress or anything fancy, unless of course that would make you feel better...then I say fancy on...., but something that highlights the parts about YOU that YOU (not chewie) loves the most......

Don't forget your hair and makeup....those ARE must's ya know??? wink

And the house, is it a wreck???....well, since I hate that part, I say if you hate it too, screw it today. If it something you are anal about (something I CANNOT relate to.... crazy), then go ahead and do some LIGHT cleaning....(today is NOT a day to conquer some big project....unless of course, THAT would make you feel better....)

And lastly, if you haven't been out much this week, go out. Go to the mall, the library, the zoo, the park, the spa (I personally vote for this one..... :D) and do something that would help you relax a little.......

This is gonna be MY day as well. Which, I guess I better get to it.....I need a shower and do my hair, and I'm gonna put MAKE-UP on for the first time this week (hey, I also had surgery Mimi, so go easy on me..... pray)....

Then later tonight, I am going to go get a pedi and even treat myself to a hot chocolate from Borders......hey, I may even pick me up a sweater or two......

hug kiss hug

to you today.......please take care of yourself....

not2fun

Last edited by not2fun; 01/30/09 12:19 PM. Reason: who knew spicnspan would be censored????.....lol
C
OP Offline
C
The house isn't a wreck, unless you are staring directly at the 4 baskets of unfolded laundry. They may or may not be allowed to sit another day.

For me? I'll cut the 5 hours back to three, maybe, and I may take myself out for a little field trip.

I have a couple of things I do have to get taken care of today, and I'll feel better when I have done that.

Still no response from a reputable polygrapher.

Chrysalis
L
L
LC, Changing jobs/moving is definitely on my list of things to consider. I'm not yet to a place where I know whether I want that. Or whether I know if things can be fixed or should be fixed.

Does he know you have pretty much checked out?

LC

N
N
The house isn't a wreck, unless you are staring directly at the 4 baskets of unfolded laundry.

I'll trade ya your 4 for my 40........ rotflmao rotflmao

(gosh I crack myself up...... rotflmao)

not2fun

ps... FYI, the previous post was to help cheer ya up and to give ya a little nudge. I do know that through EVERYTHING I have been through, on those days I really took care of myself and ALLOWED my self to nurture me that it was THOSE days that made all the others a little more bearable.....(see Mimi, you taught me well.....)

M
M

Some folks are easily amused...

C
OP Offline
C
Originally Posted by lifeschoice

Does he know you have pretty much checked out?

LC

I've told him several times that I am not yet sure what I want.

A whole lot hinges for me on the polygraph. If he "passes" and establishes that this was the one-time slip he has portrayed it to be, I think I can attempt a plan of recovery, but not one that makes it easy for him. He still will have to do a great deal to demonstrate that he is willing to change what is wrong with him.

If he comes up with some new information and then passes the polygraph, a lot will depend on what the information is and whether he demonstrates a changed heart.

If he refuses or fails the polygraph, there is just nothing more to be done.

Chrysalis
C
OP Offline
C
Originally Posted by not2fun
The house isn't a wreck, unless you are staring directly at the 4 baskets of unfolded laundry.

I'll trade ya your 4 for my 40........ rotflmao rotflmao

not2fun

ps... FYI, the previous post was to help cheer ya up and to give ya a little nudge. I do know that through EVERYTHING I have been through, on those days I really took care of myself and ALLOWED my self to nurture me that it was THOSE days that made all the others a little more bearable.....(see Mimi, you taught me well.....)

My 4 are awfully condensed.

I got the message from your post, and I appreciate it. I do defend my naps quite vigorously. I did put on something a little nicer today than the way-oversized Paul McCartney T shirt I was hiding under yesterday. And makeup. And I dried my hair rather than just letting it do whatever. How's that for a start?

Chrysalis
C
OP Offline
C
Oh, and I actually ate some decent protein (cottage cheese) for breakfast instead of a stale Rice Krispie Treat. The dog stole the remainder of the Rice Krispie Treats from the kitchen counter last night so that choice was no longer available!

Chrysalis
M
M
I may take myself out for a little field trip.

LOL...I called these ADVENTURES...

Yes..definitely..DO TAKE YOURSELF OUT!!

I made it happen..a joyful life..filled with peace, contentment, happiness and fabulocity.
M
M
I did put on something a little nicer today than the way-oversized Paul McCartney T shirt I was hiding under yesterday. And makeup. And I dried my hair rather than just letting it do whatever. How's that for a start?

This is GREAT!!

But, have to ask: WHY are you not being LOVING and KIND to YOURSELF????

I made it happen..a joyful life..filled with peace, contentment, happiness and fabulocity.
M
M
There's a statement that Chewie made on his thread that concerns me. It's not that noticeable but bothered ME. It has a TRACE of FOGGINESS...I think.. I MAY be making something out of NOTHING. You KNOW how he communicates. Interested in this TODAY? If so, I'll find it and bring it over here for you. He doesn't respond back to ME for whatever reason.. so I'm not gonna ask him about it.

Page 7 of 24 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 23 24

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 258 guests, and 61 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation