Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 120 of 136 1 2 118 119 120 121 122 135 136
P
P
Originally Posted by Trying2live
Tomorrow 2nd PB will be given to H.

This is what is known as LBO in collective bargaining negotiations

LAST BEST OFFER

After the LBO, you hunker down, you do not lift up your head to see which way the wind blows. Unless you are on a nature walk in Santa Barbara kiss

T
OP Offline
T
Originally Posted by Pepperband

LAST BEST OFFER

After the LBO, you hunker down, you do not lift up your head to see which way the wind blows. Unless you are on a nature walk in Santa Barbara kiss

Aiy Aiy Captain! Hunker I will arrrrr! kiss

H is running late to pick visit w/DS10., kinda odd, he's never late on his Sunday visit he won't be here to pick up DS10 til about 4 PM. I was trying to be gone when he got here but DD18 had to run out so now I have to wait til he gets here to do some errands.

Back later, but I'm sure all will go fine. Gonna do just what SB said, sweetly softly hand him the letter and then slowly close the door and tell them that this door could open again for him. wink

Me-39 H-38/Married 19years/DD18 & DS10
Dday EA/PA 4/23/08 Left home 5/08/08
Moved in w/Sea Hag 08/01/08
Read SAA Sept 08 Plan A 10/03/08 thru 11/15/08
Plan B 11/15/08-currently
01/18/09 Plan B crack w/phone call restating PBL
01/31/09 Planned brief contact
02/15/09 Delivery of Planned 2nd PBL
Filed for D Dec 2009 Recovering well!
N
N
pray

A smooth sea never made a skilled mariner.
~ English proverb

Neak's Story
H
H
ditto

Me 55, XWH 53, M 22 years
D17, D30
alien replaces my husband "I'm not happy" -7/08
Discover OW-8/08 (his direct report and I work there also)
H moves out 10/1/08, confront Ow 10/28/08
Plan B 1/09
D final 12/09

Quote: "First thing you do is pray; when there is nothing else to do, continue to pray."
Originally Posted by Holyheart
Sorry, MB purists if that's not the way I'm suppose to act. But-- again -- what do I have to lose? Plan B protects my love bank and just composing the letter reminded me that I do has an untapped reserve left for H -- not WH. So this communication, whether he reads it or not, added at least an ounce back in my LB because I was able to recall some great memories by digging deep in my soul.

Hi Holyheart & T2L,

I wish you both success with your second PBL's but more importanty, like you mentioned HH, it enabled you to find your love. I wrote a letter to WH too and I was amazed at how far I had to dig to find the love, but it's there.

Hold fast and strong and weather the storm. There will be an end to it and ultimately you are on the journey God intended for you, only he knows the ending.

Peace & love,
2M2L

BS 32 (1st marriage), WH 38 (2nd marriage), DD 3, DS 1
Married Aug 2002, EA/PA 2005, NC mid 2005
EA Jun 2008, Plan A, 1 Aug 2008, WH moved out 14 Sep 08, D-Day 14 Sep 08, Moved home 2 Nov 08, moved out 30 Nov 08
Plan B, 2 Dec 08, broken 5, 11, 15 & 17 Dec 08
Current Status: Contact for visitation, children and finances.
Embarking on a new plan to Let go and Let God and to not settle for less than I deserve!
S
S
Originally Posted by Pepperband
Originally Posted by Trying2live
Tomorrow 2nd PB will be given to H.

LAST BEST OFFER

T2L, I really think in your particular case, this is the absolute right move.

I'm glad SB helped with the wording and the delivery. I have no doubt it WILL impact him, whether you see the fruit or not.

Happily married to HerPapaBear

J
J
Hi T2L-

I enjoyed talking with you on V-day as well. How interesting that our DD's have the same first name. smile

I was at DD's new house today helping with some initial cleaning-tearing out carpets, moving old appliances and cleaning very dirty floors. They have about 3 weeks of work and then they will be able to move into their first home as homeowners!

Your WH has been on my heart today so I've been praying. Nothing really specific, but when the Holy Spirit "nudges" me, I pray

I hope you get your week-end away.

johnstwin-

"I may not know what the future holds, but I know who holds my future." -Martin Luther

Remarried my FXH 25 years to the day of our first M. God is so good-and sometimes so unexpected!

T
OP Offline
T
Morning Y'all well thought I would post the 2nd PBL "after" it was delivered. I will post how it got delivered in a bit. Here it is below....

Mr. T2L,
I'm writing to you again because I just needed to tell you again that our marriage can be saved. Seeing you just those few times at home last month and having you ask me to spend the night has been really hard on me. Last week when you hugged me so tightly, and said wow you look great and that its good to see me is so very hard as well. Everyday I try to remember the great man I know you to be - the man who made me feel like the most beautiful woman on earth, the man who made me feel so protected that no one could hurt me, the man who was full of integrity and honor, the man who was completely a family man who wanted the best for his kids and would do anything to stop his children's pain. I still believe in you. I want you to know that I have not lost my love for you despite the adultery, and that I can fully forgive you.

I know it's probably hard to understand, but I can't see you or talk to you because it is the only way I can protect my love for you until Sea Hag is gone. Not seeing you protects the love I have for you so that we have a 2nd chance - and I still believe that is possible.

During this time, I have made many changes. I have made new friends, and learned a lot about marriage, relationships, and how to recover our marriage after an affair. This CAN work. There are so many people who have recovered their marriages from this and are now very happy. I know it will take some hard work, but it excites me to know we can create something new. We can be the kind of husband and wife our kids will look up to and are proud of when it's time for them to get married.

You might wonder if I expect for you to resume where you left off with church. NO, I do not. As your wife, and in obedience to God, I will respect whatever decision you make concerning that, because our first and most important ministry is to each other and our family. I KNOW, and I hope you realize, that God has never stopped loving you and is willing to meet you where you are.

I have also stepped down from my responsibilities as worship leader because of the family pressure I have been under. I took the entire month of January off. Guess what, you were right, I did enjoy it. I will still attend church but not in any leadership capacity. And some of the time, I would love to just accept your invitation to stay in bed with you on a Sunday morning and snuggle.

I know that you want some things in your life to be different. I want you to know that I now see that you were feeling like you were in a rut with church. Yes, you did express that to me, and I apologize for not hearing your heart and for not understanding what you meant. I now see that you probably felt really locked in and that you probably felt like you didn't want to deal with the controversy, or have to answer or explain to anyone for the time that you needed away from church. We can talk more about this as we rebuild our marriage.

Come home and let's start over. There is a way home for you. All you have to do to start that path is just leave Sea Hag, never contact her again, and come home. Think of the possibilities......I love you, your wife, T2L

S
S
Beautiful

H
H
You are such a tease, T2L. Hurry up and post. The suspense is killing me!!

M 25 yrs, 3 teens
Dday 12/07
5ish False Recoveries (all in 2008)
12/08 WH moves in w/OW, her kids
Plan B/D/FU -- depending on the day
He files 1/09; D final 12/2012
"I'm moving on"
T
T
That 2nd PBL made my nose and eyes sting.
I think I'm allergic.

S
S
Originally Posted by Holyheart
You are such a tease, T2L. Hurry up and post. The suspense is killing me!!

She teases us all the time, doesn't she.

That's not very considerate, T2L. naughty

P
P
Awesome letter! pray pray pray

Widowed 11/10/12 after 35 years of marriage
“In a sense now, I am homeless. For the home, the place of refuge, solitude, love-where my husband lived-no longer exists.” Joyce Carolyn Oates, A Widow's Story
T
OP Offline
T
Ok sorry y'all. Had to update my IM's 1st and give em da low down.

I will give you guys the basics of what happened and reserve for general population LOL.

I came home after my shopping trip to Victoria's Secrets with the gift card the kids got me for Valentines Day and he was at house. The 2nd letter was given to him. We did talk and for me it felt necessary because during the Plan A i never spoke about anything because I was advised not to by y'all. Just work the Plan A no talks about OW, adultery, relationship etc so I never talked about anything.

Oddly enough I was able to convey to him everything on that 2nd PBL and almost debated on whether to give it to him or not. A lot of things were discussed in detail, but they were things relating to the2nd PLB...things like church etc. I think many things were cleared up. He did tell me that he has at least made 1 trip home at 3 AM only to stop and turn around. He says he thinks about coming home all the time but doesn't think we get along anymore.

I did humor him in this and tell him that okay let's be generous and say we didn't get along 50% of the time(that's pretty generous too...we rarely fought) then that means that 50% of the time we got along. I say right now it is probably hard for you to see the good times but I can still see them. I still think it can work but I refuse to try while there is another one involved.

He says well we haven't been together for 10 months and were supposed to just jump into it. I say yes, I would rather jump all in and see if it works and if it doesn't then fine we gave our best(i said that know that HNHN will guide the way but he doesn't know that). He says isn't that kinda of ridiculous? I say well do you find my request of wanting to be the apple of your eye and the only one for you ridiculous? He says no. I say I am not willing to share. I say that I miss how you would light up when I entered the room and how you would come home each day and pick me up in the kitchen and say hey liddle lady and he kinda chuckles.

He says do i come home only for the kids I say I dont know Mr. T2L. He says well i have become more involved with the kids during the visits. I see now how i neglected them the last 2 years, it makes me feel really guilty. I say well if you want to be a better father then being a family is the best way, he says I know it would. I say its very hard for me when I see the kids hurting and DS10 crying. I say what can I tell him when he asks why you are doing this or why you won't come home.

The church stuff did get brought up and I conveyed to him what was on that 2nd PBL and that i understood and that it has taken all this for me to understand but now I know.

He asked what I got from Victoria's Secrets and I said I'm sorry that is reserved information for my Husband I cannot tell you that. He then says well you look really good. I say I know............then he finally says well aren't you going to say anything to me and I say oh I'm sorry those comments are reserved for my Husband and he again chuckles. He says well why do you still love me and I say I do not know and I laugh and he laughs and I say what did I always tell you when you were here? I said Mr. T2L I loved you because you loved me and nothing more.

I then tell him I finally feel like I have made amends and explained for all that I have wanted to and ask him if there is anything else he would like answered because I feel like I am done explaining. He says no. I say ok MR. T2L I do not want to see you anymore. No more fixing anything no more anything. I cannot see you until you decide if the family is what you want and if you should be so lucky that I am willing at that time. I say I am definitely wearing thin he say what do you mean i say I am emotionally running thin and don't have much in me left. I say so I can't see you anymore. He says who will fix your car or house I say I will or I will hire someone. no more i cannot see you anymore. He says are you trying to forget me and I say kinda and your problem is.....? He says well then you won't need me and I say yup what's your point?

I then say so if everything is answered and You have no questions I will go get your son so you may have your visit.

Ok I will tell you this much and I again have no remorse for this. He reaches out to me and asks for a hug. I say what for? And he says I want to say goodbye so I look at him and say ok. I give him a hug and I can feel his heart towards me. I then say Mr. T2L why aren't you coming home(at this point I am weeping) He says IDK. I say well if you are going to hug me this tight then Sea Hag should know your hugging me too. He says nothing. So I pull back and say I am going to get your son.

I get DS10 and hand him the pink duplicate card and he says what's this I say nothing really, he says is this another one(PBL#1) I say Mr. T2L you know me I am not a mean person its really ok. He says when did you do this and I say earlier today. He takes it and leaves with DS10.

That's the scoop.....

P
P
Oh T2L, I read your whole post holding my breath. Mr. T is soooooo close.

I believe.

pray pray pray

Widowed 11/10/12 after 35 years of marriage
“In a sense now, I am homeless. For the home, the place of refuge, solitude, love-where my husband lived-no longer exists.” Joyce Carolyn Oates, A Widow's Story
Wow - I'm guessing that you must feel a lot lighter after that download of information, verbally and written to Mr T2L. It was a beautiful letter and I hope that Mr T2L digs deep and makes it all the way home next time...

He's a very lucky man to have you as a wife.

BS 32 (1st marriage), WH 38 (2nd marriage), DD 3, DS 1
Married Aug 2002, EA/PA 2005, NC mid 2005
EA Jun 2008, Plan A, 1 Aug 2008, WH moved out 14 Sep 08, D-Day 14 Sep 08, Moved home 2 Nov 08, moved out 30 Nov 08
Plan B, 2 Dec 08, broken 5, 11, 15 & 17 Dec 08
Current Status: Contact for visitation, children and finances.
Embarking on a new plan to Let go and Let God and to not settle for less than I deserve!
J
J
I hope you were wearing perfume when you hugged him, send him to OW with your scent on him!

Me-41 BS (FWS)
DH-41 WS (FBS)
2DD's- 10 and 12
Married 15 years
Separated for 2 years after my A
Reconciled for 1 year before his A
D-day for his A 8/23/05
WH moved out 9/16/05
Divorce final 1/23/07
Affair ended or month or so later
My Story
H
H
I'm praying for Mr. T2L's deliverance and for the entire T2L family.

J
J
pray pray pray pray pray

me - 47 tired
H - 39 cool
married 2001
DS 8a think
DS 8b :crosseyedcrazy:
(Why is DS7b now a blockhead???)
(Ack! Now he's not even a blockhead, just a word! That's no fun!)
S
S
Originally Posted by princessmeggy
Oh T2L, I read your whole post holding my breath. Mr. T is soooooo close.

I believe.

pray pray pray

Ditto

Page 120 of 136 1 2 118 119 120 121 122 135 136

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 465 guests, and 59 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation