Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
I
imagine Offline OP
OP Offline
I
Scripture tells us to pray for our enemies. We expose them so that their is no activity that is not hidden from the world.

I believe we should be angry for their insult to Gods holy institution of marriage. How do we reconcile this to seeking their benefit?

But I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams -Yeats
S
S
Tell us your story.

I
imagine Offline OP
OP Offline
I
Stella,

This is for those posters like GWN, Kickme who were/are ordained ministers. Obviously there is a great deal of stress in their lives.

As I pray for these folk I realise that that there witness is under great stress. I seek for ways that a Christian can honour God under trying circumstances.

But I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams -Yeats
M
M
imagine,

I too am curious about your story...

Mrs. W

FWW ~ 47 ~ Me
FBH ~ 50 ~ MrWondering
DD ~ 17
Dday ~ 2005 ~ Recovered

S
S
Ms. W.

You know the story.

SB

Lucky to be where I am, in a safe place to get marriage-related support.
Recovered.
Happy.
Most recent D-day Fall 2005
Our new marriage began that day. Not easily, but it did happen.
Q
Q
I seek for ways that a Christian can honour God under trying circumstances.
Imagine, I would ask you to entertain that it isn't just Christians who need to honor G-d during trying times, but ALL humans.

I choose to believe that we honor G-d by our actions. I choose to not become bitter, but look at my part, change my part and become a better person. I choose to seek G-d and ask him what he needs from me to honor him and serve him.

In the AA big book there is a page on resentments where for two solid weeks it is suggested to pray for the person you resent. We aren't G-d, we are HUMANS and don't see the bigger picture.

I'm certainly not suggesting we make it easy on them, like them, wish the best etc. I'm just suggesting that honoring G-d is leaving them in G-ds hands.

BS 52, FWH 53, Married 1-1-84
D-day 5-14-07, WH moved in with OW
Plan A 9 months, DARK Plan B 3-17-08 until 3-2-09
WH and OW broke up 1-09
Started over 7-09
S
S
Queenie,

I liked your answer.

imagine might want to respond with the truth of his story, given the "Christian" nature of the question, and many of his posts.

SB

Last edited by schoolbus; 02/22/09 01:58 PM. Reason: added thought
P
P
Originally Posted by schoolbus
Ms. W.

You know the story.

SB

There doesn't seem to be one.

I watch, and am as a sparrow alone upon the house top.
I
imagine Offline OP
OP Offline
I
Like yourselves I carry very great burden when a Christian is under strain. More so than a non-Christian who does not have the responsibility of representing Christ.

I believe that any circumstance is allowed by God for a purpose. We can observe Job who had testified strongly in God's favour, but was used to serve as an example of God's strength, sovereignty and love.

I can plainly envisage the pain and frustration in a Christian's heart as he struggles to deal with his own circumstances. Many non Christians might say that a believer has the power to combat the circumstances. I believe they are correct. But only in Christ.

Against the advice of this panel of not educating affair participants. May there not be opportunity to share personal witness that will extend God's kingdom?

M
M
Imagine,

Why the reticence to share your story? I realize there is no rule here that says that you have to, of course, but I do feel that you would be taken more seriously if you chose to be forthcoming...

Mrs. W

FWW ~ 47 ~ Me
FBH ~ 50 ~ MrWondering
DD ~ 17
Dday ~ 2005 ~ Recovered

P
P
It's called being deceiving.

I
imagine Offline OP
OP Offline
I
Originally Posted by QueeniesNewLife
I seek for ways that a Christian can honour God under trying circumstances.
Imagine, I would ask you to entertain that it isn't just Christians who need to honor G-d during trying times, but ALL humans.

Thanks for your valued input Queenie.

There is a Scripture in the New Testament that instructs a Christian to take up his daily cross. One of the testimonies of a Christian is that they will suffer in their Christian walk.

Failure to experience suffering for their faith is strongly going to question their spiritual strength. I'm looking at infidelity being a test of their spiritual depth.

P
P
Listen to alot of John Lennon do you?

I
imagine Offline OP
OP Offline
I
Originally Posted by Pariah

Hmmm! Pariah I always wondered why they tossed you out the church.

I
imagine Offline OP
OP Offline
I
Hi Mrs W,

I started half a story for Zen on Valentines day. Still need to complete it.

M
M
Originally Posted by imagine
Hi Mrs W,

I started half a story for Zen on Valentines day. Still need to complete it.

I will look forward to reading it, Imagine. Thanks! smile

Mrs. W

FWW ~ 47 ~ Me
FBH ~ 50 ~ MrWondering
DD ~ 17
Dday ~ 2005 ~ Recovered

P
P

I know why.

C'mon take another swipe.

Seems I struck the right nerve about your user name.

E
E
May there not be opportunity to share personal witness that will extend God's kingdom?

The answer is yes... and many times over. The fact that an OP still draws breath means a BS has chosen to resist the fleshly desire for revenge. Only God knows how many prayers have been sent up by betrayed spouses who earnestly feared for the souls of their WS AND the OP. Many times what an OP doesn't see and hear is a stronger witness than any words an OP would accept from a BS... though the OP may not realize that fact.

Christians who have been through affairs learn new lessons about faith, love, forgiveness, long suffering and mercy that make them better witnesses in many different areas of their lives.
That said, it is unwise and unnecessary for a betrayed spouse or a wayward spouse to feel responsible for directly ministering to the OP. God will send someone else to do that job.

I
imagine Offline OP
OP Offline
I

I know why.

C'mon take another swipe.

Seems I struck the right nerve about your user name.

LOL. Sorry, the question seemed so obscure, I had no idea of the questions inception. Imagination is part of my personality. My house is full of innovative gadgets of my own design.

I hope too that I can offer an imaginative solution to somebodies marital problem.

Last edited by imagine; 02/23/09 12:57 AM.

B
B
Originally Posted by Exodus1414
That said, it is unwise and unnecessary for a betrayed spouse or a wayward spouse to feel responsible for directly ministering to the OP. God will send someone else to do that job.

I'd be pretty happy to "minister" to OM with a baseball bat actually.

Me: 56 (FBS) Wife: 55 (FWW)
D-Day August 2005
Married 11/1982 3 Sons 27,25,23
Empty Nesters.
Fully Recovered.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,116 guests, and 67 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation