Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
T
T
Hey Ruffled, I used to live in KL (1995-1998). I'm sure it has greatly changed as when we left there was so much construction going on. We lived in Mont Kiara. I loved my time there - in fact one of the most magical things I ever did was going on a trip to see the fireflies at night. It is one of my most treasured memories - an experience you just couldn't capture on film. It's a great city!

R
OP Offline
R
TT!

Haven't seen you around for a while! How are things with H? Yes, Mont Kiara has tripled its population (maybe even more) now. It has many new restaurants and is the new upscale place to hang out. Parking is horrendous, worse than the late 90s.

I am enjoying life now... work is good, I enjoy going back to school and should've done it even earlier. I date once in a while, and am doing less outdoor activities since studying takes up most of my free time. xh is a thing of the past...

*TT I have been thinking of you last night. It has been six years since xh left. Six years that flew by in a blink of an eye. And I was married for seven years... imagine that.

Last edited by RuffledNOT; 02/28/09 10:43 PM. Reason: a postcript to tt
W
W
Put together a list of criteria of what you want in a good match. Be specific. Not little basic things like: nice, handsome, smart... Specific in terms of appearance (short, tall, body type, etc...), common interests (reading preferences, movies, food...), and hobbies. Make the list as long as you can. I don't think a match has to fit every single one of them, but be honest about your preferences.

very concrete, but not how the human attraction works. . . try reading the book "Blink" and particularly the psych experiments about speed dating, and the differences between the lists and the actual attraction. . .

many on here and people of whom I have met who said that they married for "list" reasons, most of them had unfulfilling relationships because list reasons are not the reasons why people are attracted to one another. . .

wiftty

Learning from your own mistakes creates experience, learning from books creates knowledge, combining the two together creates wisdom => You start with a full bag of luck, and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience before you empty the bag of luck.
R
OP Offline
R
yep am thinking of changing my profile again.

have been getting guys who have no topics for conversation. they just come to stare at me.

i have already stated that i enjoy men who are articulate and funny: i didn't even mention intelligent!

W
W
BTW, my X gave me "list" reasons why she didn't love me anymore. . . "not tall enough", not the right career. . . etc. so she went out in the world to date her list reasons, tall and had to be a certain career. . . so far, she is empty. . by herself. . . the "list" reasons do not suggest "relationship strength" personalities. . her "list" reasons found guys who got thrown out of apartments, who cheated, who were wandering through life peoples.

only "good relationship material" that can be uncovered by interaction and observation, and experience with the person. The best situation "uncovering" is travel with the person to see their reactions to many different situations, such as lousy rooms, delays, disappointments, problems to solve. . .

what you want to find out is how your acquaintences handle problems, before he/she has to handle a problem with you. . . or you to his problems. ..

wiftty

Learning from your own mistakes creates experience, learning from books creates knowledge, combining the two together creates wisdom => You start with a full bag of luck, and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience before you empty the bag of luck.
L
L
They were also online at the same time! Remember, this was Friday night - probably between 9 and 10 pm so wifey is upstairs putting the kids to bed while the creeps are sitting in the basement looking for sex!!!!

Lisa11

S
S
Huh? What? dontknow

R
OP Offline
R
LOL Lisa, I don't have webcam. We are on a 'date' and they have nothing to say to me. If I am in a good mood, I shall initiate small talk. Most times if they can't talk on the phone I don't bother meeting up.

Ruff has covered everyone in her COUNTRY.
Am doing India now, hahahaha.

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (NewEveryDay), 1,357 guests, and 77 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation