Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 34 of 36 1 2 32 33 34 35 36
C
Carp54 Offline OP
OP Offline
C
I made her pay to live at home. Her spreadsheet was $$ and what she paid.

Dentist...$43
Food.....$80

Stuff like that. We agreed on a 70/30 split of everything $ wise. Her portion was/is $1000

Me 35
W 31
D12
D9
Exposure day 12/29/08 (Ws 32nd bday)
I wanted to fix marriage June 1st
A found out June 11th
W came home August 18th till the end
BS papers from her Oct 2nd
Real papers from me Oct 17th
C
Carp54 Offline OP
OP Offline
C
I cannot wait to "get on" with my life!!

Sat nite I had a party at the Carp house.....minus WW of course. It was a family party....5 adults and about 8 kids. We BBQ, drank, had a bonfire....the kind of party we used to have a few times a year. I did have a "twinge" of missing WW....overall I was very happy!

I have this ability to "live" around WW rite now....kinda wierd.

She knew about the party....even started cleaning up some stuff....I told her not to worry about it.

She had bought some chicken breasts and brats a week ago.....offered for us to eat them...I said no...those are hers. She made a comment about stuff not being "hers"....it was everyones.....she brought up how I don't save her any food...I referenced her email not to save her a plate for dinner and she doesn't want to eat as a "family".....and went about my business.

Me and the kids met her Sunday about noon for lunch. WW and I wanted to talk to the kids together about the upcoming living arrangements. The girls were talking about the party....WW commented that we weren't having a "family" meal but more of a meeting. The kids seemed "ok" with the arrangement....time will tell.

I met with my IC last night. I had a long day of work/soccer practice etc. She commented that I seemed good. We talked about some of the stuff WW had been doing lately and saying.....IC shakes her head. IC said WW has no clue what she is in store for in the near future. I on the other hand have had plenty of "practice".
IC said overall as far as the D is concerned I am doing and gonna be ok. How many men.....keep there home? See there kids ALOT? Have as much control as I do?
I told IC I can't wait for my first weekend alone! I thought it seemed selfish...she said no.

Tomorrow morning is court....it should go smooth...

Me 35
W 31
D12
D9
A found out June 11th
C
C
Good luck!

V
V
Good luck, Carp. I'm still reading and keeping up with your situation. You are doing amazing! :-)

You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist. ~ Friedrich Nietzsche

The person who is always finding fault seldom finds anything else.

I pity the fool. - Mr. T
C
Carp54 Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Originally Posted by Verve
Good luck, Carp. I'm still reading and keeping up with your situation. You are doing amazing! :-)

Thx Verve that means alot to me.

Something strange that just happened....I asked WW if she would be team mom for D9s soccer team.....and she said yes....ugh!

I think I am doing a plan A straight to plan D.....and I feel good about it!

Is it wrong?

Me 35
W 31
D12
D9
A found out June 11th
B
B
Good luck tomorrow Carp.

BW - me
exWH - serial cheater
2 awesome kids
Divorced 12/2011

Many a good man has failed because he had a wishbone where his backbone should have been.

We gain strength, and courage, and confidence by each experience in which we really stop to look fear in the face... we must do that which we think we cannot.
--------Eleanor Roosevelt
C
Carp54 Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Originally Posted by black_raven
Good luck tomorrow Carp.

Thx BR

My lawyer emailed me last night saying she received the paperwork from the mediator.
We emailed back and forth abit and she made some legal papers out of it for court this afternoon. NO mention of CS. She did put that my address would be the address used for school registration. I have not said anything about it to WW....maybe my lawyer is gonna try to spring it on her and her lawyer in the hallway? Not sure.

It also states that this agreement is not 100% but is just a guideline for what the final papers will say.

Me 35
W 31
D12
D9
A found out June 11th
V
V
I hope that everything went well, Carp. Keep us updated.

I've got my fingers crossed for ya! :-)

You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist. ~ Friedrich Nietzsche

The person who is always finding fault seldom finds anything else.

I pity the fool. - Mr. T
I
I
Originally Posted by Carp54
She had bought some chicken breasts and brats a week ago.....offered for us to eat them...I said no...those are hers. She made a comment about stuff not being "hers"....it was everyones.....she brought up how I don't save her any food...I referenced her email not to save her a plate for dinner and she doesn't want to eat as a "family".....and went about my business.

I want to share this item with you for your plan A. Share her food and yours. This is a token of goodwill. This is called hospitality.

Not taking her food is like already enforcing the divorce.

There is a story of two young suitors who were seeking approval from the girls father to court her.
The first suitor arranged for a skiing accident to happen to the father. The dude rescued dad. Dad avoided him later as he was embarrassed by the accident.
The second suitor arranged that the accident happen to himself and contrived that the father rescue him. Dad was always helpful to second suitor as the incident reminded him of his heroism recovering the young lad.

Choose the path of second suitor.

But I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams -Yeats
C
Carp54 Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Imagine

I never deny her anything that I purchase.....I don't even mention it. I even offer it to her and let her decide.

I guess I was simply "reverse fog babbling" her......she had specifically stated once in an email about NOT saving her dinner, eating HER food, etc.

I will update legal proceedings later....I gotta get to work first!

Let's just say.....I am smiling!

Me 35
W 31
D12
D9
A found out June 11th
P
P
Originally Posted by Carp54
I will update legal proceedings later....I gotta get to work first!

Let's just say.....I am smiling!

We'll be waiting.... (drumming fingers on desk)

Widowed 11/10/12 after 35 years of marriage
“In a sense now, I am homeless. For the home, the place of refuge, solitude, love-where my husband lived-no longer exists.” Joyce Carolyn Oates, A Widow's Story
C
Carp54 Offline OP
OP Offline
C
My phone crashed and I lost a great post!

Short story

WW moves out march 28th.

Her lawyer came up with CS like this.....
Her full custody I pay 1100 per month
Me full custody she pays 650 per
Difference 450 paid to her based on 50/50
The reality is more like 60/40-65/35 because of WWs work schedule and what we discussed in mediation. So far no "official" $ has been set. I emailed my lawyer a better description of how it's not really 50/50 this morning.

Financials......
Annuity....10,000 to her after taxes/fees
Equity.......approx 12-14,000 depending on appraisal. Mine will be low....she can get her own.

Debt.....approx 13,000 total. 6500 is "hers".

24-7=17,000 approx for WW.

Any other questions.....my thumbs hurt!

Me 35
W 31
D12
D9
A found out June 11th
C
Carp54 Offline OP
OP Offline
C
She gone!

Saturday night was her last night sleepng at home.

Sunday was moving day....and the weather was less then ideal in the Midwest. I woke up at 8am and we had horizontal "heart attack" snow till about 10am. WW actually commented how the weather crappy! I made a very casual comment about how the "karma bus" was coming by! I got a bit of a nasty glance.....

I helped her load her van for the first trip. I went about my normal Sunday routine after that. We crossed paths in the afternoon when I got back from grocery shopping.

She took the girls out for dinner last night. After that it was just me and my girls for the evening. I had both girls alarms set, clothes laid out, and a brief "meeting" about how the mornings will be this week.
This morning my dad was at my house at 5:20.....10mins early. I had coffee ready, girls lunches made. He asked where my timeline list was....I told him I was lazy last night and didn't make it. He flipped open his laptop and started with the questions....times girls get up, leave for school, etc. WW will be taking D9 to school at about 7:30 and D12 walks to the bus stop at 8am.

I have been lazy with my lazy journal lately but this week I will start again everyday.

While I was watching TV last night I actually missed WW....only lasted about 10mins....
I put out a coffee cup for WW....don't ask me why.....

Me 35
W 31
D12
D9
A found out June 11th
S
S
I am sorry for the split, what about the girls, she is just to go about her life, leave you with the girls and play mother?

C
C
{{{carp}}} I'm happy for you and sad for you at the same time. Is that possible?

You seem like a great guy; I'm sure someone is going to come along some day and see what a great catch you are and snatch you up before anyone else can.

Love that your dad is helping the way he is. Your daughters are lucky to have both of you.

C
Carp54 Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Originally Posted by sunshine01
I am sorry for the split, what about the girls, she is just to go about her life, leave you with the girls and play mother?

She has been "playing mother" for at least a year now....

We have a every other week arrangement rite now.

Me 35
W 31
D12
D9
A found out June 11th
C
Carp54 Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Originally Posted by catperson
{{{carp}}} I'm happy for you and sad for you at the same time. Is that possible?

You seem like a great guy; I'm sure someone is going to come along some day and see what a great catch you are and snatch you up before anyone else can.

Love that your dad is helping the way he is. Your daughters are lucky to have both of you.

Happy and sad....I understand 100%!

Honestly....I don't wanna be "snatched up" rite now! LOL.
My dad left when I was 6.....I am actually proud of him for stepping up!

Me 35
W 31
D12
D9
A found out June 11th
S
S
What does she think is in stored for her? Life is just fun and games. You sound like a very patient man, and just what a good woman needs. Is she in an affair, I did not read your thread.

C
Carp54 Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Originally Posted by sunshine01
What does she think is in stored for her? Life is just fun and games. You sound like a very patient man, and just what a good woman needs. Is she in an affair, I did not read your thread.

Yes the affair is still alive

Me 35
W 31
D12
D9
A found out June 11th
S
S
have you busted the affair, does the om know you know?

Page 34 of 36 1 2 32 33 34 35 36

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 623 guests, and 50 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation