Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
D
drgnfly Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Ugh...the bullets didn't work.

btw...have you noticed the new emoticons??

:twobyfour: - that's so awesome!!! clap

BW-31
FWH-32(skald)
DD-5
In Recovery
"Do not go where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."

"To Err is Human. To Arr is Pirate."
L
L
Sorry DF, I only just noticed these. I have printed them out and will hopefully get mine done.

Thanx

Recovered marriage, recovering self, life gets better everyday laugh
S
S
HAve just been discussing, with a friend, how easy it may be to slip into an A . Although she or her H haven't been there she can totally see where the vulnerabilities are in her M and I think she has gone home to look at closing some gaps.

I like your EPs drgnfly - hope you don't mind me using it as reference to start my own. Have emailed it to MrST too, I wonder whether he thinks he should have a list ( I hope he does).

Thank you

L
L
bump

Recovered marriage, recovering self, life gets better everyday laugh
H
H
Does anyone have anymore examples of EP's? I believe I failed at setting boundaries in my marriage, which led to my wife's A. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Married 7/10/04
Me: BS 32, WW:26
D-Day 12/23/09
Separation 12/28/09-
OM Revealed 1/12/10
WW cuts most contact with me/Starts seeing a different OM 2/2/10
Divorce papers served 10/15/10
Divorce finalized 11/9/10
M
M
Heartbroken, this is what my H and I worked on last week, his weakness protection plan, though I believe it's called EPs also. I don't know if it would help but you asked for more examples... so here it goes:

I will not contact OWs in any way.

If I see them I will immediately walk away and let my W know right away.

I will not talk to any other woman about my personal life i.e.: sex, marriage, etc.

I will not talk about sports or play sports with any other woman except for my W.

If any woman asks me if I'm happily married, I will always say yes.

If anyone asks me about my affair, I will always tell them the truth and that it was very hurtful to my wife and to myself, and that it will never happen again.

I will always tell my W right away if I have any kind of contact with any other woman.

If any other woman wants to talk to me, I will always make sure people are around. If I find myself in a situation where I am alone with a woman, I will get out of that situation immediately.

I will not take trips without my W again.

I will not cause my W any unhappiness.

I will POJA with my W on everything.

I will account for my whereabouts at all times.

I will spend at least 15 hours UA with my W every week.

I will do a session with Harley once every year for the remainder of our M.

I will let my W know right away if I feel I am unhappy or something is missing in our M.

I will not attend any [specific type] events without my W unless I am going with a family member.

Now that's a thought, should I develop one for myself too? I'll discuss that with my H...

Me, BS, 35 - H, FWS, 38
Married 15 years, 4.5 years into Recovery
EA/PA 7/09-9/09
DDay 9/5/09, started Plan A
Exposed 9/13/09, started preparing for Plan B
H finally confessed and agreed to NC 9/27/09, never went to Plan B
Still a MB rookie, but striving to learn more and put it into practice every day... w/ FWH along for the ride
H
H
That does help, thank you.

Married 7/10/04
Me: BS 32, WW:26
D-Day 12/23/09
Separation 12/28/09-
OM Revealed 1/12/10
WW cuts most contact with me/Starts seeing a different OM 2/2/10
Divorce papers served 10/15/10
Divorce finalized 11/9/10
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 676 guests, and 61 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation