Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 20 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 19 20
M
mmmherb Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Originally Posted by lousygolfer
Herb:

Your conflict avoidance has gotten you to this point.
Have you been following me around. I think conflict avoidance was my middle name.

I guess technically that would be middle names, but who's counting

M
mmmherb Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Oh man, OMW is a teacher and this is spring break week. I don't know when she will get my email. I don't know how else to reach her.

M
M
Can you call her house? Offer to meet her someplace. But diguise your # beforehand by dialing *67 and then her phone #. That way the OM won't see your # and disconnect the phone. If he does answer, I would just ask for his wife!

The other option is to drive to their house and knock on the door.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

M
mmmherb Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Originally Posted by MelodyLane
Can you call her house? Offer to meet her someplace. But diguise your # beforehand by dialing *67 and then her phone #. That way the OM won't see your # and disconnect the phone. If he does answer, I would just ask for his wife!

The other option is to drive to their house and knock on the door.

No home phone number. I might have to pay a visit. But I suspect she is out of town, they have family nearby, grandkids to see. I will try.

Man, this standing up for your marriage stuff is scary.

M
mmmherb Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Fireproof is so close to reality. But I think that is because most of the stories like mine are in essence very much the same. Wife came home this morning to get ready for work. I took her up a cup of tea like I always do. She said "I don't need any tea"

But she had it in her hand drinking it when she came downstairs.

L
L
Originally Posted by mmmherb
Oh man, OMW is a teacher and this is spring break week. I don't know when she will get my email. I don't know how else to reach her.

Some e-mails get blocked from teacher's e-mail accounts. If you have never e-mailed her before, this can happen. I have sent e-mails to my kids' school and have had e-mails blocked even when I have sent them e-mails in the past.

If you sent an attachment with the e-mail, it will likely get blocked. I think school accounts have strong spam filters.

I would not rely on her e-mail account as a way of contacting her. She probably has the ability to check her school e-mail account even when not in school. However, the probability of her doing this is not knowable. Also, there is a good chance that your e-mail will not get through to her account. You should find another way of talking to her yourself and delivering to her some hard copies of your evidence.

Sounds good that your wife came to your home. At some point, you should move back into your bedroom. Others will give you their thoughts on timing for doing that. I would tend to say do it now, but I'd check with Mel on that.

Lake
BW-53
FWH-54
H had EA 3 weeks 06
Married 1977

N C 4-10-06
3 DSs
In Recovery
M
mmmherb Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Just got back from trying to make a delivery to their house. No one answered. I looked in the window and I think I saw a purse, so she may have been sleeping in. I will try later today.

I was wondering about getting back into the bedroom. She has not come back home, just getting things as she needs them.

Of course, to me it seems that if she does agree to a plan to make this work then I should move back to the bedroom. I really want to, not necessarily for sex (although that will be a welcome sign if it occurs, but I think I will have to wait on that).

One of the many things that added up to our big gap was the fact that I was quite overweight. I was shaped like a barrel, not a big sloppy mess, just a keg around my chest and waist. I know this made relations less than they could have been, and it also contributed to a snoring issue. On of the reasons I left the bedroom, at least to my compartmental conflict avoiding mind, was so we could both get some sleep. It got easier to stay there than to address the real issues.

I am actually now getting close to the weight I was when we were married. I know in some ways that ticks W off, why did I have to let disaster happen, make her feel like it didn't matter to me for all these years, before I got with it. Ticks me off, too.

I hope my snoring is better now, haven't had anyone to be able to tell me yet.

Do any of the snoring remedies really work. I have read a lot about the pillar procedure, where they put some inserts in your soft palate to stiffen it. But none is covered by insurance, it is about 2000 bucks. But it would be worth it if it worked and helped is stay in the same room. Anything would.

M
mmmherb Offline OP
OP Offline
M
One thing that you guys have said to me rings very true now. The fact that I finally took some decisive action and quit waiting around for others to "do the right thing" has really made a difference in how I feel. I have been going to a Christian based counselor ever since August. It did me a lot of good, helped me to realize a lot of the problems with me that needed to be corrected. Had a session today. I have told her all about what was going on trying to get through this. I called her when I was on the way to expose last week, so she was interested to see how thing were going. For the first time I felt like I had a plan. Don't know what the results will be, but I know what I am doing. Didn't feel I needed to schedule another session, just told her I would call if I needed to.

Tried twice more to deliver my package, I hope I can get it to her this week before spring break is over and she starts working again.

Last edited by mmmherb; 04/06/09 03:28 PM.
M
M
Of course, to me it seems that if she does agree to a plan to make this work then I should move back to the bedroom. I really want to, not necessarily for sex (although that will be a welcome sign if it occurs, but I think I will have to wait on that).

Herb, I would just move right on back in there. Have you tried Breathe Right strips or the SPRAY they make? My sister swears by the spray.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

M
mmmherb Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Just talked to wife, she says that she cannot come home with me there. Wonders why I would make her leave when she and D14 are so close, Blah Blah Blah. It is hard to make D14 have to choose one over the other.

Should I leave for a while, just wondering.

M
mmmherb Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Originally Posted by MelodyLane
Herb, I would just move right on back in there. Have you tried Breathe Right strips or the SPRAY they make? My sister swears by the spray.

I tried the strips and the spray, but that was back when I was FAT. Doesn't look like I have to worry about it for a while. I know you guys say different, but it looks too far gone to me.

L
L
Do not leave.

Me: FWH / BS (36)
W: BS / WW (37)
Two youngsters
M
M
Tried twice more to deliver my package, I hope I can get it to her this week before spring break is over and she starts working again.

Good job!

Exposure 101

K
K
You should NOT LEAVE YOUR HOUSE.

One year becomes two, two years becomes five, five becomes ten and before you know it, you've wasted your whole life on a problem you can't solve. That's one way to spend your life. -rwinger

I will not spend my life this way.
M
mmmherb Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Originally Posted by Lostin2008
Do not leave.

Not even as a peace offering?

B
B
NO NO NO NO NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Me: 56 (FBS) Wife: 55 (FWW)
D-Day August 2005
Married 11/1982 3 Sons 27,25,23
Empty Nesters.
Fully Recovered.
L
L
Do not leave under any circumstances.

Me: FWH / BS (36)
W: BS / WW (37)
Two youngsters
M
mmmherb Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Originally Posted by bigkahuna
Originally Posted by karmasrose

Let me see, you recommend for me to stay put in my house?

M
M
Originally Posted by bigkahuna
Originally Posted by karmasrose

Let me see, you recommend for me to stay put in my house?

rotflmao

Exposure 101

M
M
You guys, he is not leaving!! HE already had his Come to Jesus on dat!! laugh

Exposure 101

Page 5 of 20 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 19 20

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (SadNewYorker), 262 guests, and 57 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation