Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
B
OP Offline
B
Note the changed signature!

At least one of my kids will be born in Texas!

Me - 44
DW - 39
Married 16 years
DS10
DS6
DD4
M
M
Congratulations! Commiserations on the texas thing though!

Plan D June 08
Me FBS 36
W 38
Married 13/1/09
The best is yet to come, with or without your WS
B
OP Offline
B
Thanks - being born in Texas is a good thing! I was born and grew up here, and finally came home last summer after ten years in the Carolinas.

Me - 44
DW - 39
Married 16 years
DS10
DS6
DD4
M
M
Congratulations to my fellow Southern and wedding anniversary sharin' friend, Bit! Wonderful news! I'm so happy for y'all! dance2

Mrs. W

FWW ~ 47 ~ Me
FBH ~ 50 ~ MrWondering
DD ~ 17
Dday ~ 2005 ~ Recovered

M
M
Originally Posted by bitbucket
Thanks - being born in Texas is a good thing! I was born and grew up here, and finally came home last summer after ten years in the Carolinas.

BB, congrats!! And bravo to you for being a good enough parent to birth your child in the GREAT STATE OF TEXAS!! My son was born right here in Texas and is grateful for it.

God Bless Texas!! hurray

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

P
P
Congratulations! Another native Texan. All of my children (x4) except one and my grandbabies (x4.5) are natives. The third child is usually the sweetest.

Widowed 11/10/12 after 35 years of marriage
“In a sense now, I am homeless. For the home, the place of refuge, solitude, love-where my husband lived-no longer exists.” Joyce Carolyn Oates, A Widow's Story
B
OP Offline
B
Thanks Mrs W!

Remember...it's pronounced 'leh-'nérd 'skin-'nérd...

Last edited by bitbucket; 04/24/09 08:39 AM. Reason: pronunciation symbols don't paste well

Me - 44
DW - 39
Married 16 years
DS10
DS6
DD4
B
OP Offline
B
Thanks ML and PM! I'm the third child and am sweeter by far than either of my sisters grin

We actually moved home to be close to my family. My dad has vascular dementia (pretty much same symptoms as ALZ) - it's been getting progressively worse for the last five years. It's breaking my mom's heart to watch him deteriorate like that, and taking care of him is exhausting her. He recently started not recognizing her all the time. They have their 50th anniversary on 1 June.

After a visit last spring, DW and I decided that we should move to DFW - we can help my mom with my dad, give them a happy distraction with the grandkids, but mostly so our boys could grow up around family. It's something that neither DW nor I got to have growing up. We knew people in NC and SC who had lived in the same county all their lives, and could fill every weekend with a family activity if they wanted to - and frankly we were green with envy.

We couldn't have afforded the move if not for the awesome relocation package I got from my new employer. We had to pay to sell our house in SC but it wasn't too bad...leaving a house that we'd built, with a great lot and great neighbors, where I was a medium fish at my company, was heartbreaking, but it was the choice we made.

The way my folks light up with delight when they watch the boys play makes it worth everything we went through to get here.

I'm not a believer, but the way things lined up, I sometimes wonder if someone is telling me I made the right choice...

Me - 44
DW - 39
Married 16 years
DS10
DS6
DD4
C
C
Congratulations Bit!

Things sound good for you and your family. Sorry to hear about your Dad. Your family’s presence will no doubt help your Mom immeasurably.

Spent a couple weeks one summer when I was 16 camping around Grapevine Lake with a friend. Great time. We later went down to New Braunfels to go tubing on the Guadalupe River.

Ah yes, when I close my eyes and think of DFW I can almost feel………the bugs. Especially the little ones that get stuck in your incessant sweat.

Carry on Colour Sergeant!

Testosterone boys! Testosterone! It ain’t just for nose, ear and back hair anymore!
M
M
Wow, congrats on the new little one on the way...how exciting!

We're done having babies but I do miss that early excitement of finding out you are pregnant and all the wonder that surrounds that time...I am a bit envious. I also LOVE LOVE LOVE newborns...they are sweet beyond belief!

Me,BW - 42; FWH-46
4 kids
D-Day #s1 and 2~May 2006
D-Day #3~Feb.27, 2007 (we'd been in a FR)
Plan B~ March 3 ~ April 6, 2007

In Recovery and things are improving every day. MB rocks. smile
B
OP Offline
B
All right...nobody told you to stop working!

I know Grapevine well; my parents lived there for a while and my sister still lives there. I'm sure it's grown a lot since you were here last.

We don't have bugs in DFW any more. The grackles eat them all! Seriously, having lived in the Carolinas, I've seen bugs, trust me! The wasps out here are pretty large and numerous though...doesn't help those of us with phobias...

Me - 44
DW - 39
Married 16 years
DS10
DS6
DD4
B
OP Offline
B
Thanks MF! The great thing is that this time around there will be NO shortage of arms ready to hold the baby!

I just hope that #3 cuts us a bit of a break. DS5 and DS1 are/were...shall we say...full intensity? No sitting in a corner and quietly twiddling with something for my boys! Nope! DS1 was rolling over at 6 days old!

Both boys also had GERD - DS5 was much worse than DS1. Although with DS1 we knew what to look for so it wasn't as bad. I hope #3 catches a break!

Me - 44
DW - 39
Married 16 years
DS10
DS6
DD4

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,086 guests, and 45 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation