Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
M
M
oddly, I've thought about this...when I found out one of my thoughts were along the lines of if we were in a place like that...she'd have been stoned for it.

BH me-26
WW -26
married 3 Yrs together 6 yrs
DDay Jan 2009
Plan A/Planning B
D Coming Jul 8th 2009
D
D
Originally Posted by Monc
oddly, I've thought about this...when I found out one of my thoughts were along the lines of if we were in a place like that...she'd have been stoned for it.

Yeah, but you want to recover. How you gonna do that with a corpse?

I didn't and don't want Gray & Slag stoned. (As in rocks, ha ha, since they are stoned the majority of the time.)

It wouldn't have given me any satisfaction and it's bad juju to boot, wishing bad things on others.

Charlotte

B
OP Offline
B
As I said, it was tongue-in-cheek, good grief lighten up. (re:"that's disgusting"). I don't know if you've seen around here, but there have been discussions here on what would be done to OP/WS for cheating, and I found it ironic that there was a news story about it.

For whatever it's worth, more money or not, in certain cases I'm for the death penalty (infidelity NOT being one of them).

This post was meant for us to blow off steam in a sarcastic way, not open up a debate.

Me(bw/fww) 39
recovering with amazing fwh/bh 36
DS 7
DS 4

His
EA Oct '07 - 7/2/08 (d-day)
NC 7/4/08

Hers
EA/RA 6/'09-3/'10
NC 3/17/10

G
G
Originally Posted by karmasrose
We will just disagree on this then, because I fully support the death penalty.
x2

Me 34
WW 30
Abandoned Feb 17th 08, D-Day Aprl 27th 08.
Returned home Jul 7th, OC born 12/30/08
The FOG is clear, and we are in recovery.
B
B
Stoning is not strictly speaking for "adultery" but for any suspicion of immoral behavior. For instance, there is no prosecution of rapes in Iran, due to the demand that there be four male Muslim witnesses to testify for the victim. Women/girls who are molested or raped are presumed to have asked for it.

If both of a couple are executed, they would have to be caught alone together, like in the same room.

There was a program called "Death of a Princess" about the Saudi princess who eloped with her lover, pretending to have drowned in the ocean. She became careless and reckless when they got to a hotel, going out on the balcony with the man in full view of passersby. When they were caught, they were both publicly executed. I forget what he suffered, but she was thrown on the ground wearing her veil and shot to death.

He may have been stoned, I don't remember. It was in 1980. It is very hard to find a video of this docudrama on the net at present. If anyone is interested, I can go back and do a search for the transcript.

Belle, Domestic Goddess
D
D
Originally Posted by broken_soul
As I said, it was tongue-in-cheek, good grief lighten up. (re:"that's disgusting"). I don't know if you've seen around here, but there have been discussions here on what would be done to OP/WS for cheating, and I found it ironic that there was a news story about it.

For whatever it's worth, more money or not, in certain cases I'm for the death penalty (infidelity NOT being one of them).

This post was meant for us to blow off steam in a sarcastic way, not open up a debate.

I stand by my first comment because it IS disgusting. I had to do a report on the Middle East recently for Global Management so this topic is very fresh for me.

Charlotte

P.S.) You seriously thought it wouldn't open a debate? It's open season 'round here!

D
D
Originally Posted by Bellevue
Stoning is not strictly speaking for "adultery" but for any suspicion of immoral behavior. For instance, there is no prosecution of rapes in Iran, due to the demand that there be four male Muslim witnesses to testify for the victim. Women/girls who are molested or raped are presumed to have asked for it.

If both of a couple are executed, they would have to be caught alone together, like in the same room.

There was a program called "Death of a Princess" about the Saudi princess who eloped with her lover, pretending to have drowned in the ocean. She became careless and reckless when they got to a hotel, going out on the balcony with the man in full view of passersby. When they were caught, they were both publicly executed. I forget what he suffered, but she was thrown on the ground wearing her veil and shot to death.

He may have been stoned, I don't remember. It was in 1980. It is very hard to find a video of this docudrama on the net at present. If anyone is interested, I can go back and do a search for the transcript.

I wouldn't mind reading it.

I don't think we will see change for women there in this lifetime.

Not without a major revolution.

I found an interesting story about a woman who was arrested along with her business colleague for meeting in public. Her husband got her out of jail because he had good connections. She said there were a lot of women stuck in prison for the same offense, though.

She has elected to stay in the M.E. to try and buck the system, maybe cause small changes, you know?

I'm afraid she will end up dead eventually. Assassinated, probably.

Charlotte

B
OP Offline
B
Originally Posted by Dancing_Machine

I stand by my first comment because it IS disgusting. I had to do a report on the Middle East recently for Global Management so this topic is very fresh for me.

Charlotte

P.S.) You seriously thought it wouldn't open a debate? It's open season 'round here!

I stand by my first comment as well. Lighten up.

P.S.) MrRollieEyes

Me(bw/fww) 39
DS 7
DS 4

His
NC 7/4/08

Hers
EA/RA 6/'09-3/'10
NC 3/17/10

S
S
Hey you know in some countries out that way they purposelly maim young girls at a younge age so they don't feel pleasure.

They cut out there clitoris.....you wanna talk about babaric *shudder*.....

M
M
Circumcision is the same thing as that barbaric practice...but we do it in this country.

BH me-26
WW -26
married 3 Yrs together 6 yrs
DDay Jan 2009
Plan A/Planning B
D Coming Jul 8th 2009
D
D

Charlotte

I stand by my first comment as well. Lighten up.

P.S.) MrRollieEyes

Whatever for? We are having an intelligent discussion!

sigh

Charlotte

D
D
Circumcision is the same thing as that barbaric practice...but we do it in this country.

No. It is NOT the same.

The clitoris is the female equivalent of the penis.

Circumcision cuts the protective sheath away from the penis. Mostly done to prevent infection but sometimes for religious reasons.

The protective sheath around the penis is the male equivalent of the labia.

I am not an advocate of circumcision but it is nowhere near like the barbaric practice of excising a clitoris. And then sewing the vagina together, barely leaving room for the child to void her bladder.

Charlotte

B
OP Offline
B
Hrm...

how 'bout that swine flu panic nonsense? Could we stone them (the media)? How 'bout life in prison? Death penalty?

crazy grin

Me(bw/fww) 39
DS 7
DS 4

His
NC 7/4/08

Hers
EA/RA 6/'09-3/'10
NC 3/17/10

D
D
Hrm...

how 'bout that swine flu panic nonsense? Could we stone them (the media)? How 'bout life in prison? Death penalty?

crazy grin

You can if you want. I don't watch the news so it's not bothering me.

Charlotte

flirt

B
OP Offline
B
faint

Me(bw/fww) 39
DS 7
DS 4

His
NC 7/4/08

Hers
EA/RA 6/'09-3/'10
NC 3/17/10

B
OP Offline
B
Hrm...

crazy grin

Charlotte

flirt

BTW...your attorney has been mentioned over on DNU's thread, if you want to mosey over there.

Me(bw/fww) 39
DS 7
DS 4

His
NC 7/4/08

Hers
EA/RA 6/'09-3/'10
NC 3/17/10

D
D
Hrm...

crazy grin

Charlotte

flirt

BTW...your attorney has been mentioned over on DNU's thread, if you want to mosey over there.

rotflmao

Really? Huh. Thanks, I'll go have a look.

Charlotte

B
OP Offline
B
You're welcome. He could really use quality legal help.

Me(bw/fww) 39
DS 7
DS 4

His
NC 7/4/08

Hers
EA/RA 6/'09-3/'10
NC 3/17/10

D
D
You're welcome. He could really use quality legal help.

Yeah, I hear that!!

Well, if he wants my contact info I'll be more than happy to hook him up! I hope he is close by!

Shiny would rock his WW's world 100x over!!

wink

Charlotte

S
S

No. It is NOT the same.

The clitoris is the female equivalent of the penis.

Circumcision cuts the protective sheath away from the penis. Mostly done to prevent infection but sometimes for religious reasons.

The protective sheath around the penis is the male equivalent of the labia.

I am not an advocate of circumcision but it is nowhere near like the barbaric practice of excising a clitoris. And then sewing the vagina together, barely leaving room for the child to void her bladder.

Charlotte

Yes imagine as a teenager having this done to you...it is not your decision either.....I imagine for a man life would be very hard without a penis.....

I know I love my clitoris and plan on living a very long time with it....

Hey this is sounding like the vagina monolog's....:D

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,027 guests, and 52 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation