Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 12 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
G
G
Still,
I'm going to have to try the KM product. I never heard of it.

I do get exercise daily. At my place of employment I've created a routine of walking the halls and climbing the stairs - it's a great workout and gets me away from my desk and computer. I have always found that if I work exercise into my daily routine I'm better at sticking to it. I would like to get a bike soon - we've moved to a great area for bike riding.

GG

D-Day #1 Aug/2007.
D-Day #2 1/27/12
Legally Separated
Q
Q
This is a really great, positive thread. You guys are doing so good! It's made me realize that I should be paying more attention to my PA too. Only problem for me is that FWH finds me really attractive already. He's a health nut and cooks all of our meals, so I don't really have much of a change in eating habits to work on. We both work out together daily. I've never been frumpy and am always stylish with clothes and makeup. Yet, I don't get that tongue wagging response from him. And it doesn't phase him when other men (and occasionally women) find me attractive. It's always, "of course I think you look good. you always look good". Any suggestions for how to step it up a notch?

V
V
LOL, quietstorm. I asked FWH if there was anything else I could do to make myself more attractive to him. His answer, God bless him, was that he found me absolutely beautiful and there was nothing I could do to make myself more so. HOWEVER, he would appreciate more SF. LOL. LOL.

You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist. ~ Friedrich Nietzsche

The person who is always finding fault seldom finds anything else.

I pity the fool. - Mr. T
Q
Q
V, I would welcome more SF - lol! I would love to come home and have my clothes ripped off. Other people want to, but not FWH. I want him to not be able to keep his hands off me.

He does compliment my smile a lot though. He says that sometimes he acts like a complete goofball just so that he can see my smile. I've seen a couple of comments on this thread about teeth whitening and those invisible braces. I'm going to look into that.

Please keep the ideas coming. This is really great!

V
V
Have you thought about changing your hairstyle or hair color? How 'bout bathing in some essential oils such as rose or sandalwood (or sandalwood rose which is my personal fave, :P )? I'm not very good with coming up with stuff like that because my FWH is easy as heck. Just give him SF and he's good!

That's sweet that he acts silly just to see you smile. That's a really good sign! Go Mr. QS!

You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist. ~ Friedrich Nietzsche

I pity the fool. - Mr. T
Q
Q
LOL @ Mr. QS. I like that!

Yeah, I change my hair and color all the time. I would LOVE to bath in scents and stuff, but he has a really sensitive nose. There is only one perfume that I can wear around him that doesn't burn the inside of his nostrils (Juicy Couture) and I can only use like one spritz.

This thread has really got me going. After doing some more thinking, I recall that he does like to see me in flowing skirts that twirl when we dance. So I'm definately going to pick up some more of those and bring out the ones that I already have more frequently.

Also, whenever I wear a nice nightgown he compliments me. No ripping off of the clothes (smile), but he does express that he likes it. I don't think they have VS where I am, but I will try to order online. Only thing is I don't see how it can be all that attractive with my hair rollers and granny glasses! But whatever works, right?

Man how I love MB!!

V
V
LOL!

Do you have to wear your hair rollers to bed at night? And, have you thought about Lasik eye surgery? Ike and I talked about saving up for that, for me. He likes my glasses, but it would be really nice to go swimming and be able to see (or to NOT miss spots when I shave in the shower!).

Does he like long fingernails or painted toenails? How 'bout a spray tan? Men are so different, you never know. My husband would be mad if I came home blonde and tanned, but someone else's wouldn't like my fair skin and really dark hair. I love the differences in people! That's one of the things that make us humans so amazing!

I pity the fool. - Mr. T
A
AAC Offline
A
Hi. I have only posted a couple of times, but this is something I know a thing or two about. If you are worried about your complexion and looking for foundation, forget the minerals, there is only one way to go - straight to the Prescriptives counter! They get the shade and the tone right! And if you are like me, the whitest person alive with freckles and an odd tone (Blue/Red), you can get it custom mixed at some counters that matches you exactly. A bit more expensive, but they do powder too! You can't go wrong with it.

Eyeshadow - I'm a fan of MAC because they have awesome shades and I like bright colors.

Shampoo and Conditioner - I use Biolage. It's always been the best by a mile and ULTA has it on sale for Buy 2, Get 2 right now. Their Conditioning Balm is worth the money. But, if your hair needs some SERIOUS conditioning help, K-Pak by JOICO in the brown bottles. There are like 3 different conditioners that you use in a sequence. I have had multiple perms, straightened my hair, swam in pools and colored many times, plus wind damage - after using this stuff, it's like running your hand through silk. Awesome!

Styling products - if they are good at shampoo and conditioner, stay away from their styling products and vice versa. TIGI has the best bar none.

Now, I just don't know how to get my brittle nails to grow stronger. Any suggestions? Also could use a bit of help growing my hair longer.

Oh, and I've lost ten pounds. Would like to lose 15 more, but really only need to in the boobs as it is difficult to find cute undies and such for "G, where are my feet?" cups!

Last edited by AAC; 05/08/09 01:55 AM.

BW: 30
WH: 29
2 DS
PA: 01/09 - 02/09
Dday: 03/19/09
Hoping to make a full recovery.
V
V
You know, I'm from the south (and I don't know if this is popular all over the US or not), but my mom and her friends SWEAR by Mane and Tail horse shampoo to make your hair grow longer. I don't have any experience with it, but they seriously think it works.

I pity the fool. - Mr. T
Q
Q
V,
Yes, I have to wear the rollers. My hair is pathetic and will fall out if I put heat on it every day so I have to wear the rollers for body. Sometimes I wear weaves that don't require maintenance, so maybe I could just save the nice sleep outfits for then.

I get manis and pedis done regularly. He's never known me any other way. In fact, I've got him hooked on the treatments now!

I will add Lasik to the list of things to do. I'm just afraid to get it done overseas. And I think you can't wear any eye makeup for two weeks or something. The horror!

A
AAC Offline
A
Originally Posted by Verve
You know, I'm from the south (and I don't know if this is popular all over the US or not), but my mom and her friends SWEAR by Mane and Tail horse shampoo to make your hair grow longer. I don't have any experience with it, but they seriously think it works.

I'm from OK (we consider ourselves in the South, Midwest and Southwest) and I have heard it works too. I've only known people with long flowing beautiful hair like horse's manes that use this, so that should say something. They sell it at Wally World, or your local feed store.

BW: 30
WH: 29
2 DS
PA: 01/09 - 02/09
Dday: 03/19/09
Hoping to make a full recovery.
H
H
As for getting brittle nails to grow stronger -- I seem to recall gelatin tablets use to be popular way back when for help in strengthening nails.

I have natural ones so I try to keep some kind of polish -- even clear -- on them all the time to keep them from breaking.

And about growing your hair longer....my teenage daughter suggested that I do just that the other day. She said she'd been noticing how nearly all older women wear their hair short and said I should grow mine out while I still can.

I do wonder about the timing of her comment because it came the same day she saw WH with OW out in public and OW has long blond hair while mine is short and brown. Hummmmmmmmm.........

V
V
My mom used to have long hair and she cut it as she grew older, saying that longer hair makes older women look older. However, I don't think that is the case. It really depends on the cut.

Look at Sophia Loren or Raquel Welch (wigs, I know!) or Demi Moore (plastic surgery, but MAN she looks good).

Last edited by Verve; 05/08/09 02:40 AM. Reason: forgot to add an Older in there!

I pity the fool. - Mr. T
L
L
Originally Posted by Holyheart
As for getting brittle nails to grow stronger -- I seem to recall gelatin tablets use to be popular way back when for help in strengthening nails.
Hoof cream. You can buy it at a riding store, some department/drug stores, and online. My dad's a veterinarian and has been giving me supplies of it for years. Just think how hard a horse's hooves need to be to hold up and manuever a horse... It works.

Me (FWW): 45
BH: 46
M: 11/94
PA: 2/08 (4 mos)
Confessed: 10/08
DS10
DD8
S
S
Also i do not know how many of you color your hair yourself, but i do and i have a lot a gray (one of the bad things i got from my dad and i think i heard someone else mention graying early heck i had so much gray by the time i was 30 i looked old already) anyway Clairol Nice and Easy Gray Solutions is AWESOME.

All the others i have tried start showing the gray again pretty quickly, this one last for quite a while on the grays.

And i use Oil of Olay face cream every day and i recently tried their regenerist peel and i like what it did for the wrinkles.

F
F
Originally Posted by Verve
My hair is very thick and heavy, but very, very fine, like baby hair. It's hard to get it to do anything. I have to spray, tease, back comb, spray some more, curl, it's really annoying. So, I just a have a simple, layered, choppy cut with the deep side part bangs. I run a straightening iron through it to make sure it's perfectly straight and I'm done. It's nice.

But, my point was, before I got this haircut, I struggled with my hair because I wanted big, bouncy, wavy, 80's supermodel (Texan wink ) hair. Yeah, with my hair type, that ain't happenin'. However, I did find that if I use Big Sexy Hair thickening spray, my hair is much bigger. This stuff is a godsend! It doesn't look good when I use it with my new haircut, but if I wanted big bouncy hair, it helped me get as close as possible.

Anyone else tried it?

Verve--my hair is the same as yours--very straight, fine and thick--I think that is why some of the people with dry, curly hair don't like the products that I use. I don't need a lot of conditioning for my hair. I LOVE Big Sexy products!! I use the Play Dirty to really make it hold. I love the Redken Full Force mousse for holding too. I use the Paul Mitchell Fast Drying Sculpting Spray for my every day hairspray. I used to use SO MUCH spray in the '80's when I had my big hair--I know all of the product companies went into depression whenever I quit perming and went naturally straight!!! rotflmao

FWW me 43
BH 48
DSD 29
DSS 24
DGD 9
DGS 5
M 4/22/95
DDay 7/25/07
NC 7/26/07 broken on 7/30/07--NC since
Email: myrevfogfree@yahoo.com
V
V
I'll have to try that stuff. Usually I just wear it straight (mainly because it won't hold curl easily), but sometimes, a different look is nice. I'd like to be able to have some big hair if the hubby and I go out or something.

LOL @ hairspray company depression! I had some BIG, spiral permed hair myself. I'd like to have hair that full and bouncy now!

I pity the fool. - Mr. T
L
L
my hair is essentially straight, has a tiny wave to it. Flick likes it down which bugs me because no its longer it gets in my face all the time. Suggestions for long hair that he likes down but wont get in my face??? Bangs not allowed.

Re hair length, I read somewhere once that young women should have long hair, middle aged, shoulder length and older should ahve it short. This was an idea about how to keep yourself looking younger I think. I do agree 'some' women, look better with short hair, but I tend to prefer longer hair.

Recovered marriage, recovering self, life gets better everyday laugh
M
M
My H is one of the few men I know who actually prefers short hair. Sometimes I look back at pics of when my hair was long and I miss it some...I had some pretty great long hair, if I do say so myself. I got TONS of compliments on it.

<sigh> But it's pretty cute short too, and H compliments me on it ALL THE TIME. Seriously...just last night he pulled me on the bed with him and ran his hands through my hair and said "you have great hair, I love this haircut on you...and you are so pretty!".

Hmmmm...the man knows what to say to have a "good night". wink

What is this "horse's hoof" stuff and where do you get it? I have awful nails...they chip and split all over the place. But ever since I got my new wedding ring last year, I've often thought that it would look so much nicer on hands that had decent-looking nails.

I need something easy though, I am pretty low maintenace and don't want to spend a lot of time on my nails.

Last edited by MarriedForever; 05/08/09 03:48 PM.

Me,BW - 42; FWH-46
4 kids
D-Day #s1 and 2~May 2006
D-Day #3~Feb.27, 2007 (we'd been in a FR)
Plan B~ March 3 ~ April 6, 2007

In Recovery and things are improving every day. MB rocks. smile
S
OP Offline
S
Originally Posted by lildoggie
my hair is essentially straight, has a tiny wave to it. Flick likes it down which bugs me because no its longer it gets in my face all the time. Suggestions for long hair that he likes down but wont get in my face??? Bangs not allowed.

Re hair length, I read somewhere once that young women should have long hair, middle aged, shoulder length and older should ahve it short. This was an idea about how to keep yourself looking younger I think. I do agree 'some' women, look better with short hair, but I tend to prefer longer hair.
I think that it depends on your face and how you are aging. If you are getting jowly or saggy, then long hair without layers around the face can drag the look farther down. If your hair is too long and just hangs there, that can be unflattering too. Layers are great because they give the hair movement and lighten up the look. Layers around the face if done properly can be very attractive.

Over it.
Page 8 of 12 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,079 guests, and 45 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation