Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 319 of 339 1 2 317 318 319 320 321 338 339
Q
OP Offline
Q
Do inquiry minds REALLY want to know? flirt

BS 52, FWH 53, Married 1-1-84
D-day 5-14-07, WH moved in with OW
Plan A 9 months, DARK Plan B 3-17-08 until 3-2-09
WH and OW broke up 1-09
Started over 7-09
Q
OP Offline
Q
Hi JT, Batten down the hatches because the wind and rain is a coming tomorrow night. The storms haven't been that bad down here, but you have certainly gotten the brunt of it.

And thank you for the compliment. smile Who knows, maybe a REAL diamond will be there one day.

WH and OW broke up 1-09
Started over 7-09
Q
OP Offline
Q
Shabbat Shalom, Mark, Bellevue, Miriam, Sunflower, Pretty...

Happy Friday y'all

PM - It's almost GAME TIME

WH and OW broke up 1-09
Started over 7-09
M
M
Shalom Aleichem!

B
B
Queenie,

I may have missed it, but I really want to know what your kids had to say about it??

Ladybugs would FLIP out if I did that! Although she has told me several times that I should get a tatoo. She wants one. I told her that when she was 18, we'd go together! ha!

I love 'hearing' the joy in your posts!

Keep smilin!

BS (me)
ExWS -Drac
DD 9
DSS 15
D Day 11/06
Divorced 10/01/07

"You Can't Fix Stupid" - My Mom
Q
OP Offline
Q
Hi Bugs,

Well, the boys were a little shocked and initially thought it was stupid. Haven't heard about it from them since. My D called me a rebel and said it looked good. So all in all, it was approved.

Well the last few days have been quite interesting. I got a call on Friday from the Assoc. Principal's office up at the HS. Now it doesn't take rocket scientry to know it's NOT GOOD, when it's my son calling me. His words. Hi mom, we kinda have a situation here and he goes on to describe it. Then the AP gets on and gives me her version. He evidently video taped a friend slapping a girls but on the friends cell phone. Add insult to injury and you have situation where these two boys, mine being one of them, hitting this girl on the butt a 3 to 4 other times. She thought she could handle it and told the boys to stop. faint

Now my YS is TRYING to say that he stopped hitting her. He is sadly struggling to grasp the concept of what he did was so wrong on so many levels...... crybaby doh2 twoxfour grumble skeptical

You know me, looking for the FAITH in all things. Well you got it. What was the most awesome thing to hear was YS and H getting into it last night. Yes, yelling at each other. YS was being a JERK and H was calling him on it and not backing down. He was being a FATHER and reprimanding him for this. Another step towards our family healing. pray

I gotta go make dinner... brb for more.

WH and OW broke up 1-09
Started over 7-09
S
S
Queenie,

I've been gone for awhile, working on some things for my mom and dad.

I just popped in to see how things were going in your life.

And you know what I see?

NORMAL. That's right. I see normal stuff. Kids in trouble. Not huge trouble, but stuff you'll look back on with the slap-her-butt-on-the-camera-phone and wasn't that funny kind of trouble ten years from now. Normal.

And to think when you came here.....how different........how not so normal..........how painful and now......how normal.

And you look at them yelling at one another and see

a father
a son
a family

and love your life.

I love your life now, Queenie.

You are living it. My daughter wrote a song that speaks to this - and the words say, "Every day you glaze right over that which brings you life"

But not Queenie

You didn't glaze it over. You saw it, and breathed it in.

Don't glaze it over. Even when they yell at each other, it does bring us life, doesn't it?

Lucky to be where I am, in a safe place to get marriage-related support.
Recovered.
Happy.
Most recent D-day Fall 2005
Our new marriage began that day. Not easily, but it did happen.
Q
OP Offline
Q
Originally Posted by schoolbus
Queenie,

I've been gone for awhile, working on some things for my mom and dad.

I just popped in to see how things were going in your life.

And you know what I see?

NORMAL. That's right. I see normal stuff. Kids in trouble. Not huge trouble, but stuff you'll look back on with the slap-her-butt-on-the-camera-phone and wasn't that funny kind of trouble ten years from now. Normal.

And to think when you came here.....how different........how not so normal..........how painful and now......how normal.

And you look at them yelling at one another and see

a father
a son
a family

and love your life.

I love your life now, Queenie.

You are living it. My daughter wrote a song that speaks to this - and the words say, "Every day you glaze right over that which brings you life"

But not Queenie

Don't glaze it over. Even when they yell at each other, it does bring us life, doesn't it?
First, I hope your parents and you are ok. And I hope your life is going awesome.

Second. What an amazing observation and compliment. One that I personally want to repeat, because reading the word NORMAL is just simply the HIGHEST blessing possible.

And you are so RIGHT. I LOVE my life. I love what G-d has done for my M, my children, and me. I am so eternally grateful that this experience has made me a better person who continues to simply TRUST G-d and let him lead me.

No, schoolbus, you are so right. I don't glaze over it. I don't glaze over the minut miracles everyday with a new marriage, a new way to live and with G-d as my leader. I see the beauty each and everyday and am so grateful for it.

I see how even though things don't work in MY time, HIS timing. I'm grateful for yesterday when we worked TOGETHER at the AA gratitude banquet serving people dessert and just being with each other. Sitting at the end, holding each other's hand, being gentle with each other. I'm grateful for when someone comes up and says, seeing you two makes me believe in miracles or I'm so happy for you that you stuck through the difficult times. She wants what I have today, but she knows you have to work for it because she watched me work for it.

The most amazing gift of all for us BS's is NORMAL.... Thank you for noticing it schoolbus..

Take care of yourself and if there is anything we can do to help, JUST LET US KNOW...

WH and OW broke up 1-09
Started over 7-09
N
N
Originally Posted by schoolbus
But not Queenie

EXCELLENT observation School.....I think that this right here is why Miss Q is a HUGE inspiration to me. She delights at each detail. She marvels at simplicity of it all.....

They tell us..."Don't sweat the small stuff"....well, to me Queenie does the oppisite....She doesn't sweat the small stuff, but she also notices and relishes the little details that many of us, including and ESPECIALLY ME, take for granted.......

Your personal recovery Queenie is a testament for ALL of us..... hug

not2fun

L
L
hurray for normal. ITA its so great to only have the drama's we make for ourselves. And yes, people who would be parents, stepping up to the plate and PARENTING!

clap for Mr Q, and many clap for Mrs Q for watching, and like Mary "kept all these things, reflecting on them in her heart "

kiss

Recovered marriage, recovering self, life gets better everyday laugh
L
L
Hi, Queenie.

Just stoppin' by for a smile and your thread didn't disappoint. This thread just glows these days and it's a wonderful thing. It is fantastic to hear the happiness in all that you're experiencing.

Props to you and the Mr.

Love you!

-L4

Me (FWW): 45
BH: 46
M: 11/94
PA: 2/08 (4 mos)
Confessed: 10/08
DS10
DD8
Q
OP Offline
Q
Hi Lil and L4, thank you for stopping by and giving me your words of encouragment. L4, your spirit to give back is always so inspiring to me because when I go over to your thread and read the pain you are in.... It touches my core because when I didn't have what I wanted, I don't think I was as giving as you are and I hope to be that way should I ever find myself in this position. Thank you... I still have my arms around ya.

Yeah Lil, the NORMAL life, no drama, just living....how awesome it is.

I subscribe to this thing called DivorceCare Emails. This is what I received today...

How God Uses Pain
Day 341

Even though God did not cause your divorce or separation, He can use it for your good. Let's look at some of the ways He does this. Perhaps you have chosen paths in life that led you away from God. He can use the separation or divorce as a way to help point you back into a relationship with Him.

"When you want to have a close relationship with someone," says Cathy, "you spend hours of time with that person. That's how you fall in love with God. You get to know Him on a one-on-one basis. That's what happens when you're forced through your pain to spend hours of time praying for relief, help, and strength.

"I'm thankful I had to go through it. As horrible as it was, I would go through it again to be who I am now in relation to Christ. I'm a stronger person. I'm stronger in my faith. I'm stronger in my compassion for other people. I'm stronger in my commitment to the Lord and to my family. I'm a better person now.

"You couldn't have told me that then," continues Cathy, "I remember praying that I wouldn't grow anymore: 'Lord, this hurts too much. If this is for growth, I don't want to grow.' But I'm glad He loved me enough to let me suffer through that to be where I am now and to have the relationship I now have with Him."

The Bible says that every trial you face is an opportunity for God to show His goodness to you and for you to become more like Christ.

"We know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose" (Romans 8:28).

Lord Jesus, as I cry out to You in my pain, praying for relief and help and strength, I pray that I grow to be a better person�strong, wise, and mature in You. Amen.

I hope that those who read this find comfort in these words, because even though I replace G-d for Jesus, it's still the same.

WH and OW broke up 1-09
Started over 7-09
P
P
serving people dessert and just being with each other

So...in the end, I'd say Queenie got her just desserts -- a loving, NORMAL, family/marriage.

Bless you Queenie! (sorry about your team) smile

Last edited by princessmeggy; 11/23/09 12:59 PM.

Widowed 11/10/12 after 35 years of marriage
“In a sense now, I am homeless. For the home, the place of refuge, solitude, love-where my husband lived-no longer exists.” Joyce Carolyn Oates, A Widow's Story
Q
OP Offline
Q
Just desserts... Sometimes I think I got more than I was deserving of. However, I am truly grateful and like I promised G-d, I'm not squandering it away.

Bless you too PM...

Well MY FAMILY... Tomorrow is Thanksgiving and I'm saddened in heart and happy in heart at the same time. You see, I remember what it was like to not have my H with me and it sucked, it hurt, it was different and I didn't like it, BUT I got through it because you were here for me.

There isn't anything REALLY that people can say to make it better. You just have to walk through it and go through the day. Some of you will make it just fine and others will be sad, crying, hurting and just want it to be over. I survived two that way and the days weren't as bad as I thought, I surrounded myself with loved ones the first year (his sister's family) and then went and did something different last year. I'm so grateful I don't know what I would have done this year.

But I hurt for those of you who are hurting and just wish there was something I can do. Oh wait, yes there is. I have prayed, and prayed for most of the day, that for those of you who are hurting, that you feel G-ds presence even more during this day and weekend.

There are so MANY of you who didn't give up on me, didn't run out of patience with me, and made me look at the truth of life and how I had to move forward. You encouraged me, loved on me and yelled at me when necessary. Thank you for being in my life.

I am a better person because of you and I am so very grateful to G-d for you being a part of my life, past, present and all my tomorrows. Though you might be sick of me....

Please have the most joyous, very best Thanksgiving as possible and know that you are loved so much by so many and that G-d is shining his light over you with all his pride and love.

Happy Thanksgiving,
Queenie

pray HappyThanksgiving :gobble: pray

WH and OW broke up 1-09
Started over 7-09
S
S
Queenie, you are such a beautiful person. clap

I just love reading your posts. You are such an inspiration to everyone here.

We're all on our own journeys. For me, knowing that my journey would offer me the opportunity to learn, grow and become a better person helped me with each step I took, no matter how painful that step.

It's not that I'm glad about being betrayed, or that I'm somehow pleased that BB had an A, but in order to move forward, I have to search for the positive in everything that happens to me.

Your posts always remind me to look for those positives and blessings in my life, and I know I have many to be thankful for.

Thank you for being such an inspiration to me and Happy Thanksgiving to you (even though being a brit I barely understand what Thanksgiving is blush).

Lots of love to you and yours Queenie.

Me - BW
FWH - BB -(PA Jul 08 - Aug 08)
D-Day - 8 Aug 2008
Recovering nicely

S
S
Wow - note to self: read here more often for smiles and warm glowy feelings and normaility (just caught up a few pages).

Hope you guys are having a fab day!

M
M
Psalm 100 (New International Version)
1 Shout for joy to the LORD, all the earth.

2 Worship the LORD with gladness;
come before him with joyful songs.

3 Know that the LORD is God.
It is he who made us, and we are his;
we are his people, the sheep of his pasture.

4 Enter his gates with thanksgiving
and his courts with praise;
give thanks to him and praise his name.

5 For the LORD is good and his love endures forever;
his faithfulness continues through all generations.

Happy Thanksgiving, Mr and Mrs Adventures and Family...

HappyThanksgiving

B
B

Queenie,

I love reading about you as you continue your journey & are reaping the joys of 'normal' life. Your ability to celebrate your blessings every day is a gift to us all.

On this special day that is set aside for thanks, let me say Thank YOU for being such a blessing in my life!

Love you bunches!

:gobble:

BS (me)
ExWS -Drac
DD 9
DSS 15
D Day 11/06
Divorced 10/01/07

"You Can't Fix Stupid" - My Mom
P
P
...and God's people said AMEN! hurray Thanks Mark...

HappyThanksgiving Happy Thanksgiving to all!!

H
H
I'm adding my hopes for a Blessed and Beautiful and Bountiful Thanksgiving, Queenie.

I'm thankful for you and my other friends on this board.

Page 319 of 339 1 2 317 318 319 320 321 338 339

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 522 guests, and 41 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation