Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#2287909 12/13/09 12:04 AM
A
OP Offline
A
My WH is currently watching the movie Notebook. I watched it a few days ago and hadn't taken it back yet. He decided to watch it as well and was halfway through it before he had to go back to work. And as he was getting ready for work he told me he just has to finish this movie when he gets home. He really likes it that much.

How do I not get angry and bash him over the head with the nearest object when I see him bawling through the scenes, tissue box in hand crybaby, dramaqueen? How do I not throw up? How do I not leave the house and stay gone for a long while?

He likes these types of movies and gets all teary eyed and all the drama that goes with that. And all I want to do is all of the above, if not more. Gah!!

Anyone else know what I'm talking about?

It's like duh, it's to late for happily ever after when you done screwed that up .... RETARD!!! mad puke twoxfour rant2

edited to add.... please help me he gets home in 7 hours and fully expects me to sit down with him and finish this movie

L
L
I've not seen that one. Whats it about?

Recovered marriage, recovering self, life gets better everyday laugh
M
M
Isn't that an affair movie? Did your H have an affair? If yes to those questions, I would get rid of the movie. Affair movies are disgusting and putrid and will trigger you.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

B
B
It's an affair movie.

IMDB synopsis

Me - 44
DW - 39
Married 16 years
DS10
DS6
DD4
W
W
In all fairness, it isn't exactly an affair movie, since the woman is only engaged, not married. It's probably still enough to rub people who have actually been through an affair the wrong way regardless.

It's also pretty sappy, but that's what you get from Nicholas Sparks. No happy endings. I don't think he believes in them. Somebody always has to die at the end of everything he writes.

Sorry if I offended any Nicholas Sparks fans.

Me: BS/FWW: 48
BS/WH: 50
DS: 30, 27, 25
DD: 28
OC: 10
BH and I are raising my OC together.
A
A
Hmm...if he likes affair movies, maybe he should watch Unfaithful. He might not like the second half when the affair is discovered and the movie takes a rather dark turn, though. (But of course, that IS my point!)

M
M
I'd also recommend *In the Bedroom*, with Sissy Spacek, for anyone who thinks they like affair movies.
Mulan

Me, BW
WH cheated in corporate workplace for many years. He moved out and filed in summer 2008.
W
W
Let's not forget "Fatal Attraction." That certainly takes the notion of romance and love out of an A.

Me: BS/FWW: 48
BS/WH: 50
DS: 30, 27, 25
DD: 28
OC: 10
BH and I are raising my OC together.
S
S
What's crazy is that when I googled "Unfaithful" to refresh my memory, the comments on You tube were: "Beautiful!" "Wonderful movie!" NO NEGATIVE COMMENTS. Without exception, people thought it was a a beautiful, tragic love story! They root for the affair! They think it is the epitomy of romantic!

Just like the news coverage on Tiger is all about the A's, the loss of income, the tragedy to the game of golf and even how his "choice" of adultery partners has gotten him in trouble with the black community. WHAT??? What about the immorality, the tragedy for his family, the devastating grief for his wife, the loss of his "legacy" as one of America's few remaining moral sports role models for our kids and husbands around the world? Who cares if they are Barbie dolls!

It is so sad that most people cannot understand the debillitating consequences of adultery!

God's Blessings,

Say

Me, BW-57
FWH 54
4 kids and 4 grandbabies between us
In recovery since D-day, May 28,2007
FWH never onboard the MB boat but still clinging to the side.
One day at a time by God's grace.
P
P
Affair movie to blow "romance" out the window.

"Damage"
Starring Jeremy Irons as the WH (1992).

WH has an affair with his son's fiancee. Son discovers his fiancee is unfaithful. Kills himself.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0104237/

And, the great Miranda Richardson as the BW. In what I think was her best performance. (warning, brief nude scene)

A
A
I disagree. Fatal Attraction was ridiculously unrealistic, especially since the stalker was a woman instead of a man.

T
T
Originally Posted by Aphaeresis
I disagree. Fatal Attraction was ridiculously unrealistic, especially since the stalker was a woman instead of a man.
You don't know our OW! shocked
Seriously, DH has frequently mentioned her and Fatal Attraction in the same sentence.

M
M
Originally Posted by Aphaeresis

I don't think it's unrealistic at all...OW are often predators who will stop at nothing and they start doing crazy things, which only makes them look crazier. Once the A is over, this is actually a BENEFIT to the BW and makes the BW look even that much more appealing to the FWH.

Is there a correlation between dropping one's panties and being committed to a white padded room?

Me,BW - 42; FWH-46
4 kids
D-Day #s1 and 2~May 2006
D-Day #3~Feb.27, 2007 (we'd been in a FR)
Plan B~ March 3 ~ April 6, 2007

In Recovery and things are improving every day. MB rocks. smile
H
H
Did you say A film????

Same Time Next Year - the ultimate A film. (In another life I liked it)
Now I just want to puke.

Madison County

Me 55, XWH 53, M 22 years
D17, D30
alien replaces my husband "I'm not happy" -7/08
Discover OW-8/08 (his direct report and I work there also)
H moves out 10/1/08, confront Ow 10/28/08
Plan B 1/09
D final 12/09

Quote: "First thing you do is pray; when there is nothing else to do, continue to pray."
K
K
Any episode of any crime series where the OW and WH or vice versa kill the BW/BH... -sigh-

Don't they have anything better to write?

Ooops, wait, not a movie.

One year becomes two, two years becomes five, five becomes ten and before you know it, you've wasted your whole life on a problem you can't solve. That's one way to spend your life. -rwinger

I will not spend my life this way.
A
A
Well there are exceptions to every rule, I suppose. Statistically, it's more likely for a man to become a stalker than a woman.

Generally men are the ones who do the pursuing. From what I've seen that is true even in affairs.

H
H
Anyone going to see "Its Complicated" on Christmas Day.

Looks like a BS gets a chance to even the score with the MOW by becoming the OW.

Me 55, XWH 53, M 22 years
D17, D30
alien replaces my husband "I'm not happy" -7/08
Discover OW-8/08 (his direct report and I work there also)
H moves out 10/1/08, confront Ow 10/28/08
Plan B 1/09
D final 12/09

Quote: "First thing you do is pray; when there is nothing else to do, continue to pray."
R
R
I happened to walk in on my wife and daughter while they were watching a movie called "He's just not that into you."
Of course the scene that I happened to see showed this woman talking to her friend about cheating. Something was said about being in a marriage, but what happens if your "soulmate" comes along while you're still married and if you should let him go, or something like that.
I just wanted to puke.

Married 23 yrs
WW-46
Me- 47
DD18
DD11
Dday #1 - Oct. 8 2006
Too many other D-Days to remember
T
T
I definitely look at movies differently now. I had told my daughter a few months ago that we should watch Camelot, because she loves musicals. Well, we watched it this week. A movie I used to love is now disgusting because of what we have been through. It did make for a great, "that is why you don't have affairs" conversation with my DD,though. And King Arthur was the most wimpily portrayed BH in the universe. Talk about someone who needed to use exposure! LOL!

ME: 45 FBS
FWH: GloveOil 43
D-Day 1/7/09 (A: 10/08-1/09)
DD: 16
DS: 12
Married: 19 years
In love for 24+ years and counting!
A
A
Trust_Will_Come, well if it makes you feel any better marriages during King Arthur's time were not real marriages based on love. They were based on money or political alliances. Throughout most of history a woman did not even get to choose her husband. Although people keep calling it "traditional" marriage, marriage based on love is a recent phenomenon. By historical standards, love-based marriage is not only untraditional but downright (wonderfully) radical.

But this thread is about movies, so I'll try to stay on topic. Has anyone seen the movie "Complicated"? I can't tell if it's an affair movie or a movie about breaking up an affair marriage (or both?) It's the one with Meryl Streep and Alec Baldwin.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,116 guests, and 67 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation