Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
D
D
Is that really your xh and his ow? They are both FUGLY..DUDE

T
T
Originally Posted by MelodyLane
This is what I say when I look at my XH's OW. I was SHOCKED when I saw her! She is so different from me. I am college educated, have a good career and am fairly attractive. She is a high school drop out, chain smokes cigars, drinks jumbo BUDS and paints houses for a living. [and screws married men] The first time I clapped eyes on her, I was standing behind this woman in line at a c-store on a Monday night. She was wearing painters clothes and was buying a JUMBO BUD. The cashier, who was familiar with her, said 'you are starting early this week!' She commented - and I will never forget this - "we are going to tie one on!" crazy here she is, huntin' with my XH

Okay, shouldn't SHE be wearing the neon attire so no one mistakes HER for native wildlife????

Wow, that was low even by MY standards......

C
C
Originally Posted by tst
James1:13-15 When tempted, no one should say, "God is tempting me." For God cannot be tempted by evil, nor does he tempt anyone; but each one is tempted when, by his own evil desire, he is dragged away and enticed. Then, after desire has conceived, it gives birth to sin; and sin, when it is full-grown, gives birth to death.

So how can anyone affair up? They can't! It's impossible.

I am of ther opinion also that people choose to satisfy their desires.

Too many people give way to sin and are chained to their emotions. They lose sight of what emotion are supposed to be. We are responsible for our emotions. They are not supposed to rule our decisions. Emotions are supposed to be the appreciaters of the good things we have.

So this is probably accepted by everyone right? So what would make the difference? IMO it is fear, also an emotion.

Coming from a Christian viewpoint and certainly just my opinion...

The emotions are what gets used for good and evil and is where the battleground is.

When Peter walked on the water,(symbolic for the emotions), he fell as soon as he took his eyes off Christ and saw that "HE" was walking on the water. In other words, when Peter tried to rise above his emotions with his own strength, he fell in and had to be pulled out by Christ.

Fear of consequences is the best yet preventative to bad behavior. If you are certain that you will not get away with it, you wont do it.

The lack of thinking that results from the "If it feels good do it" attitude we allow ourselves,(yes I said allow because we must see that we have a free volition and allow crap even if we get tricked) to have can slowly change our brain chemistry untill we "feel" we have no choice if we don't "Do this" or "Do that".

If we can see that we are weak individuals and need an inner law,(spiritual law), to rule us and that as humans we just don't have the tools on our own then we will look up for help.

Problem is that we are so smart... hehehe YA

We all can fall people, Its arrogant not to see this. Yes there are people here that probably never will and have very strong morals. Thank God for you. Seriuosly. But I thank God not you and will allways do so. Im sorry but I have never met anyone worth a crap that never made a mistake somewhere morrally that didn't admit it.

Yes they allways affair down.. May God kick their AR$E

Me 56 Former BS
Widowed 5-17-09 --married 25 years.
4 children
DS-35 previous marriage--18-22 DGrandSons 6 and 4
Me former BS
DD-29 with DGDs 5 and 1yr
DSs 26 and 23
Teilhard de Chardin..“We are not human beings having a spiritual experience. We are spiritual beings having a human experience.” ...Sounds about right to me.
D
D
Originally Posted by sortingitout
Originally Posted by tst
James1:13-15 When tempted, no one should say, "God is tempting me." For God cannot be tempted by evil, nor does he tempt anyone; but each one is tempted when, by his own evil desire, he is dragged away and enticed. Then, after desire has conceived, it gives birth to sin; and sin, when it is full-grown, gives birth to death.

So how can anyone affair up? They can't! It's impossible.

I am of ther opinion also that people choose to satisfy their desires.

Too many people give way to sin and are chained to their emotions. They lose sight of what emotion are supposed to be. We are responsible for our emotions. They are not supposed to rule our decisions. Emotions are supposed to be the appreciaters of the good things we have.

So this is probably accepted by everyone right? So what would make the difference? IMO it is fear, also an emotion.

Coming from a Christian viewpoint and certainly just my opinion...

The emotions are what gets used for good and evil and is where the battleground is.

When Peter walked on the water,(symbolic for the emotions), he fell as soon as he took his eyes off Christ and saw that "HE" was walking on the water. In other words, when Peter tried to rise above his emotions with his own strength, he fell in and had to be pulled out by Christ.

Fear of consequences is the best yet preventative to bad behavior. If you are certain that you will not get away with it, you wont do it.

The lack of thinking that results from the "If it feels good do it" attitude we allow ourselves,(yes I said allow because we must see that we have a free volition and allow crap even if we get tricked) to have can slowly change our brain chemistry untill we "feel" we have no choice if we don't "Do this" or "Do that".

If we can see that we are weak individuals and need an inner law,(spiritual law), to rule us and that as humans we just don't have the tools on our own then we will look up for help.

Problem is that we are so smart... hehehe YA

We all can fall people, Its arrogant not to see this. Yes there are people here that probably never will and have very strong morals. Thank God for you. Seriuosly. But I thank God not you and will allways do so. Im sorry but I have never met anyone worth a crap that never made a mistake somewhere morrally that didn't admit it.

Yes they allways affair down.. May God kick their AR$E

AWESOME POST...DUDE

B
BCboy Offline OP
OP Offline
B

I think you have highlighted an important point. At some point a shift has to take place where thinking and rationale give way to trying to satisfy or assuage a negative feeling. After all we have been persuaded to think we have a "right to be happy". If I am not feeling happy I must pursue "my happiness" at all cost.

In the scripture we are told to rejoice in our tribulation, as it seems our character is developed and refined in the times of difficulty rather than the fun times. It seems today we are adverse to enduring through difficulty, we must cling to and demand our right to be happy. So fleeing to what looks like a reprieve, garners greater appeal, and the slippery slope of moral decay begins. The self must be served regardless of the impact these actions may have on those around us. The concept of sacrifice is scorned and selfishness is worshiped.

So how does anyone get their needs met if the people you are with choose to focus only on themselves?
Or if they do give out, do these individuals only give out in order to get what they want?
At what point does the relationship turn into one based on manipulation?
How can this be deemed love?

Is this why the folks here call this the FOG of the affair? As I write this it truly does seem to be a fantasy and I am beginning to see the reasons why most affairs do not last.

This brings me to another question referring to my divorce care coffee partner.
Is it considered an affair when they have been legally separated for 8 months? It seems in his mind it is only a matter of the paper work to legally dissolve the marriage. The assets have already been split.
I trying to understand why he is continuing to pursue the sexual component of the relationship when he seems resigned to the concept he cannot meet all her needs?
Is this something that happens more often than we think, its just that people are not willing to talk about it?

I find I am at a loss in how to respond to this fellow, I know he is hurting but I don't know what to say in this case. When I ask him why he is doing this he just says he misses her.

M
M
Originally Posted by lurioosi2
Yikes ML! I don't have any pics handy -- thank GOD!! Just picture icky long hair, clothes that have never seen an iron, and a deep and abiding interest in becoming an "indie" rock star. EWWWW.

I've seen your pic on the MB photo album, Mel. Your XH is a blind idiot! smile

Thanks luroosi! luroosi, I don't need to see your pictures to know that you are a beautiful person. And I believe ironing is way overrated. Why iron when you have a clothes dryer! grin

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

L
L
And I believe ironing is way overrated. Why iron when you have a clothes dryer! grin

...and a DH who knew before marriage that I dont do ironing.
There are alot of fabrics that dont need ironing avaiable now too.

Oh yeah, the OW... uhg lee. Not the uglyist I have seen, but certainly well hit by the ugly stick.

Are we allowed to put up pics of OP's cos I have a couple mr eek

Recovered marriage, recovering self, life gets better everyday laugh
P
P
It's safe to say my exww affaired down. Heck, the guy has no teeth! BTW, I got rid of my iron when we divorced!

Me BH 49 WXW 50
Married 1998
DS 2002
DD 2005
D Day 1 7/28/08
D Day 2 8/19/08

Divorce Final 3/19/2009
Z
Z
I fully agree with tst. There is no up in adultery. It's all down...way down.

In my sitch, OM was single. If you saw him, you'd say, huh????

This is what I say when I look at my XH's OW. I was SHOCKED when I saw her! She is so different from me. I am college educated, have a good career and am fairly attractive. She is a high school drop out, chain smokes cigars, drinks jumbo BUDS and paints houses for a living. [and screws married men] The first time I clapped eyes on her, I was standing behind this woman in line at a c-store on a Monday night. She was wearing painters clothes and was buying a JUMBO BUD. The cashier, who was familiar with her, said 'you are starting early this week!' She commented - and I will never forget this - "we are going to tie one on!" crazy here she is, huntin' with my XH

Were they answering a casting call for the sequel to "Deliverance"? He sure has a perrrtty mouth.

T
T
Oh, I didn't mean that description for me. That was OM. I, of course, am ravishingly beautiful - aren't ALL southern women??? smile

Z
Z
Oh, I didn't mean that description for me. That was OM. I, of course, am ravishingly beautiful - aren't ALL southern women??? smile

The ones with teeth are okay.

M
M
Originally Posted by Zelmo
Were they answering a casting call for the sequel to "Deliverance"? He sure has a perrrtty mouth.

That would be a NORTHERN version of Deliverance, my fine yankee friend! I hear tell he doesn't take her huntin anymore because her smokin them cigars scares off the deer. crazy

Lil, ironing or camping is not on my resume. That is what clothes dryers and the dry cleaners are for. ugh!

Can your OW beat my OW in the UGMO department? [ugmo=mo' ugly!]

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

M
M

oh whew! This be true, of course! flirt

Exposure 101

Z
Z
How'd they get those deer to remain so calm? Every time I try to pet one, it runs away or attacks me. Yet, these two veritable St Francis of Assisis are able to stoop by them and pet them.

M
M

EXCUSE ME??? Southern wimmin are hotties! That OW pic I posted is ONE OF YOURS!! A YANKEE GAL! laugh

Exposure 101

M
M
How'd they get those deer to remain so calm? Every time I try to pet one, it runs away or attacks me. Yet, these two veritable St Francis of Assisis are able to stoop by them and pet them.

MrRollieEyes you have issues!!

Exposure 101

Z
Z
Originally Posted by BTinBL

Okay, shouldn't SHE be wearing the neon attire so no one mistakes HER for native wildlife????

Wow, that was low even by MY standards......

Wild boar, in Texas?

M
M
MrsW says the OW has "Billy bob" teef! rotflmao

Exposure 101

M
M

Apparently, I have all my teeth, you yankee dawg!! sigh Here is my picture!

[Linked Image from pic50.picturetrail.com]

Exposure 101

T
T

Yeah, but do they need to be white or is that placing the bar too high???

And Z, while I'm at it, is there a preference between a full set of yellow-ish choppers or a semi-set of white ones???

Inquiring minds want to know!

Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 366 guests, and 59 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation