Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
B
OP Offline
B
The other night H and I watched Across the Hall. Neither of us knew what the movie was about. Once again he ends up picking a movie where there is infidelity and the betrayed gets revenge (some of it just being the circumstances coming full circle.) H picked out Shattered last time. rotflmao

BW - me
exWH - serial cheater
2 awesome kids
Divorced 12/2011

Many a good man has failed because he had a wishbone where his backbone should have been.

We gain strength, and courage, and confidence by each experience in which we really stop to look fear in the face... we must do that which we think we cannot.
--------Eleanor Roosevelt
L
L
I remember the movie that Roseanne Barr made, but can't recall the name (was it "SheDevil"?). I don't like Roseanne, but I laughed my butt off at that movie!

"Your actions are so loud that I can't hear a word you're saying!"

BW M 44 yrs to still-foggy but now-faithful WH. What/how I post=my biz. Report any perceived violations to the Mods.
B
OP Offline
B
I don't remember that one. Was it a comedy?

BW - me
exWH - serial cheater
2 awesome kids
Divorced 12/2011

Many a good man has failed because he had a wishbone where his backbone should have been.

We gain strength, and courage, and confidence by each experience in which we really stop to look fear in the face... we must do that which we think we cannot.
--------Eleanor Roosevelt
M
M
Unfaithful
She Devil
In the Bedroom
Fatal Attraction
First Wives' Club

Me, BW
WH cheated in corporate workplace for many years. He moved out and filed in summer 2008.
S
S
Check out the British movie The Politician's Wife, brilliant done

A woman's life is turned upside down when it is revealed that her husband, a member of the British Parliament, has been having an affair with a former prostitute.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0112126/

S
S
That was TV, rather than film, and yes it was good. Really fine actors and a good story line. It shows the BS's devastation a lot more accurately than some dramas.

BW
Married 1989
His PA 2003-2006
2 kids.
E
E
We were on a roll of inadvertently picking infidelity movies. It was like four in a row. It got to the point where my FWW and I would just look at each other like "what are the chances?".

I remember that the streak included Appaloosa and Sunshine Cleaners. Really sucked sitting down with FWW thinking that we'd relax by watching a movie and having to go through the awkwardness of finding out the plot revolves around an A.

Back in December I had an awful experience with a movie. It was one day I was having a really bad day and I decided to go away for a little while. My FWW was being really abusive and I had to leave to clear my mind. I went to a movie theater without knowing what was being shown. I picked this movie starring Penelope Cruz from a famous spanish director, Almodovar. Half an hour into the movie the whole the story centered about an A. Later on I had to leave due to a really nasty scene of Penelope Cruz secretly throwing up after having sex with her husband who she was betraying with other guy. My night of trying to get away from A crap turned out to be not so much fun.

--ElCamino72

D
D
We went through a long phase of not watching movies and we still don't watch the TV Dramas. Just about everything has an A involved somehow. I'm getting better with it after 1 1/2 years, but it still turns my stomach.

I remember 2 months after D-Day watching a movie with H, my brother, and SIL. They picked up the movie - "Forgetting Sarah Marshall". That was a terrible, painful, long night. The thing is - they still thought the movie was funny even knowing about H's affair and the pain I went through. H and I just sat there awkwardly waiting for it to finally be over. These days, I would turn the movie off and find something else. I was still frozen and didn't have the inner strength at that time.

BW-31
FWH-32(skald)
DD-5
In Recovery
"Do not go where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."

"To Err is Human. To Arr is Pirate."
H
H
Couples Retreat which everyone was laughing and I sat there with tears in my eyes

The Women -- great movie

Me 55, XWH 53, M 22 years
D17, D30
alien replaces my husband "I'm not happy" -7/08
Discover OW-8/08 (his direct report and I work there also)
H moves out 10/1/08, confront Ow 10/28/08
Plan B 1/09
D final 12/09

Quote: "First thing you do is pray; when there is nothing else to do, continue to pray."
M
M
Internet Movie Data Base (imdb.com) is your friend.

Check it for all you ever wanted to know about any film or TV show.

Me, BW
WH cheated in corporate workplace for many years. He moved out and filed in summer 2008.
Ever see "Little Children?"

Infidelity is the central theme, though child abuse and vigilantism are in there 2.

It's reasonably intelligently done, though it would be pretty dis2rbing 2 someone only a few years out from d-day ;o)

The affairees make complete cakes of themselves, of course.

-ol' 2long

H
H
revolutionary road....

Me 55, XWH 53, M 22 years
D17, D30
alien replaces my husband "I'm not happy" -7/08
Discover OW-8/08 (his direct report and I work there also)
H moves out 10/1/08, confront Ow 10/28/08
Plan B 1/09
D final 12/09

Quote: "First thing you do is pray; when there is nothing else to do, continue to pray."
E
E
Okay, well this one doesn't involve real revenge....But last night my son played "Mrs. Doubtfire". I had seen it before, but it had all new meaning this time. Geez, I wish my WH loved the kids and I enough to dress up like an old English nanny! smile

Married 11/21/03
BW 40 (me)
WS 37
DD-14
DS-10
H went to Iraq 1/7/09-10/5/09
D-Day 10/29/09
Got the D papers 11/21/09 (Our 6th Anniversary)
Not giving up! Still on Plan A
I can only get stronger!

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,079 guests, and 45 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation