Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 26 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 25 26
R
OP Offline
R
He owns his own company. He can only fire himself.

Thanks for all the support along the way.
I wish you all well. I'm outta here.
Peace.
P
P
Originally Posted by RidicSit
He owns his own company. He can only fire himself.

Can you show up (unannounced) with some sort of tasty treat?
I know he's not eating, no reason you can't bring pasta salad, or sompin'.

Here's different topic.
Music.
Do you know if WH and OW shared certain songs or a certain genre of music?
If you have such knowledge, get rid of it while H is at work.

R
OP Offline
R
I deleted the playlists he made for her, and got rid of what I could tell was "their" stuff.

Yes. I can bring him something at work. pasta sounds just about right. LOL!

Peace.
P
P
I deleted the playlists he made for her, and got rid of what I could tell was "their" stuff.

Yes. I can bring him something at work. pasta sounds just about right. LOL!

Stay on his radar as much as you can.
The more he's thinking/wondering/puzzled about YOU, the less brain space there is for dumb girl.

R
OP Offline
R
Gotcha. WIll do!

Peace.
Lexxxy #2339267 03/18/10 01:20 PM
P
P
Originally Posted by Lexxxy
hahahaha

Oh Ridic! You did so well! And what I admire even more is your ability to see right through his crap! That is a Superpower, you know!

This is EXACTLY how its supposed to work.
He is eventually going to be really embarassed by what he has asked of you. So embarassed, in fact, that he will probably forget that he has done it, and deny it entirely.
You really should keep a journal of the ridiculous things he is saying to you!

Lexxxy, Ridic's Plan A = a beautiful thing.

A-Kill'a

M
M
Gotcha. WIll do!

Bravo, RidicSit!! You killed the affair, you mean affair killer! grin Good job on standing up for your family!

Your H will get through withdrawal, don't worry. Just picture him as a falling down drunk who has just had his booze confiscated. As he sobers up, it will get better.

Great job!! smile

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

RidicSit #2339311 03/18/10 02:00 PM
P
P

Buy him new clothes.
If he wore a certain shirt/hat/jeans/sweater/shorts (whatever) with frequency during their time together ... replace those things.

Go through his car next opportunity.
Dump "stuff" that might function as a "reminder".

P
P
Exposure letter/Plan B letter March 4

Wayward returns home March ??? .

What is the timeline?

S
S
Wow Ridic, I am in awe of how well you've orchestrated this all out (with such amazing input on here) and you're hanging in there and doing everything RIGHT. Good for you! I'm inspired and hope to be following your footsteps very soon!

R
OP Offline
R
Timeline- he came home on the 16th.

Today is really bad. He is sending texts saying he feels like dying, and that he is a crazy person who has lost touch with reality, all peppered in with the normal "I'll never ever get over the affair".

He began the day by saying he should write her family an apology letter. I told him that was a no. And I reminded him that there's a restraining order violation waiting if he does.

I know withdrawal is bad, but I am wondering if I need to think about having him admitted somewhere?

Peace.
P
P
I know withdrawal is bad, but I am wondering if I need to think about having him admitted somewhere?

Has he expressed anything that sounds like...

"maybe everyone would be better off without me"

?

Call his physician, ask where you can take him today.
He's falling to pieces and you are worried.

Tell them he said:

"I feel like dying".

You might end up in the ER.

Line up a babysitter.
It's gonna be a long day.

Sorry.

Keep us posted when you aren't so busy.

(((( HUGS ))))

R
OP Offline
R
He has said that. Okay.

I'm gonna get going.

This is not where I thought this would head.

Peace.
P
P
He has said that. Okay.

I'm gonna get going.

This is not where I thought this would head.

Prayers for you and H.

P
P
For anyone reading along ....

Recognize the Signs Of Depression and Possible Suicide Risk

Talking About Dying -- any mention of dying, disappearing, jumping, shooting oneself, or other types of self harm.

Recent Loss -- through death, divorce, separation, broken relationship, loss of job, money, status, self-confidence, self-esteem, loss of religious faith, loss of interest in friends, sex, hobbies, activities previously enjoyed

Change in Personality -- sad, withdrawn, irritable, anxious, tired, indecisive, apathetic

Change in Behavior -- can't concentrate on school, work, routine tasks

Change in Sleep Patterns -- insomnia, often with early waking or oversleeping, nightmares

Change in Eating Habits -- loss of appetite and weight, or overeating

Diminished Sexual Interest -- impotence, menstrual abnormalities (often missed periods)

Fear of losing control -- going crazy, harming self or others

Low self esteem -- feeling worthless, shame, overwhelming guilt, self-hatred, "everyone would be better off without me"

No hope for the future -- believing things will never get better; that nothing will ever change

B
B
So sorry that withdrawal is not going well. They always say it only lasts for a few weeks.

But I would take his pain very seriously. In fact, I would call his doc TODAY and let them know it is an emergency. I know it is late Friday, so if you can't get the doc, go to the ER with him. It is good to let HUBBY know that you are taking his pain seriously and care deeply about him.

In my case (my ex committed suicide last year), he didn't exhibit any of the warnings, although his kids knew he was depressed. I told them to take him in to the ER, but they didn't and I didn't contact him either.

I had talked to him about 2 weeks before he died at a BD party for my grandson, and he seemed okay, but did tell me that he was glad I was doing so well, and if anything killed him it would be the loneliness.

Hopefully hubby is just going through normal grief, but I would still insist he get help today, so you never look back and wonder why you didn't DO something.

P
P
hug

R
OP Offline
R
I called the doc. Unless he chose to go in or cause any harm, they said to keep his appointment for this week with the psych.

This weekend was really bad. He is very, very angry that I won't email her and tell her that I lied- and that we haven't been married. He says it's the only way he can move on.

He had several panic attacks, and tried to pick many different fights. He is very, very hard to be around.

This morning he came to me and told me he thinks he should get an apartment in town, so that he stops beating up on me. He says it will help me to not see him not sleeping, not eating, just missing her as much as he does.

I don't know what to do or say. I can't take him pressing on me so hard ( all the pasta talk in the world isn't helping), but I am scared if he leaves, it will make it all worse.

He is focused like a laser on her. And saying he will never ever get over her.

I don't know what the right thing is to do here.

He has promised he will go to therapy. He says he wouldn't be moving out for himself, but for me.

I don't know what the key is here.

Peace.
B
B
You are doing very well, just hang in there. I can't give you any advise except to keep posting here and we will walk you through this. I was HORRIBLE at supporting my ex while he was going through withdrawal (and it only lasted 48 hours). Basically I told him he got himself into the mess, and he could get himself out. I didn't want to hear anything about how wonderful the homewrecker was. Made me want to puke, and it was hard to put on a happy wife face while he was grieving her loss.

Can you find a way to be busy doing something so you don't have to sit around and listen to him?

P
P
He is very, very angry that I won't email her and tell her that I lied- and that we haven't been married. He says it's the only way he can move on.

OK, this right here, makes me mad mad as hell.
When I am angry, I don't give good advice , so ... know that I am angry, as you read what I am going to write next.

(Take this or leave it, because this is emotionally based on my part)

If my H said something like that to me, I'd open the door and say;

"I believe you. Move on. Get out.".

I'd make him leave.

End of story.
I refuse to be bullied or gaslighted ever again in my life.
And I am hard pressed to come up with a good reason you should put up with it either.

Sorry. mad

Page 10 of 26 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 25 26

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 159 guests, and 35 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Jmoor9090, Confused1980, Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker
71,841 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation