Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 44 of 76 1 2 42 43 44 45 46 75 76
C
C
HH,

I am so sorry. I think we all knew that was coming sooner or later. A banker cannot be so irresponsible with money and keep it quiet for too long. I am sure his management has heard about his shenanigans and has also seen the change in him. Red flags were probably popping up around his office like whac-a-mole heads(or whatever game that is).

Please try not to panic. I know it is easier said than done, but you need to keep it together right now.

Call if you need to talk.

(((((((((((((((((((((((hh))))))))))))))))))))))

BS - me 56
XWH - 57

12/25/06 - Dday - WH promised NC. Plan A in effect. Thought we were in recovery.

6-3-07 - Dday#2 Found out NC never took place and A never ended. Found MB NC promised again, but WH would not write NC letter.

9/07 - Dday #3. Still lying and sneaking around. Plan B implemented
WH wants nothing to do with me

Divorced as of 12/09 after 36 years
P
P
HH, I just thought of something else. Well, two things. First, if he was fired, would he have received severance pay? He needs to be accountable for those funds too. Second, could he be lying to you? Maybe he quit? The Judge wouldn't look too kindly on that if he did it on purpose.

I wonder what will happen with OW now once she sees the gravy train is drying up. But most importantly, where does this leave you? If he is crashing and he were to come back on crawling on his knees, what would your response be now? Just something to think about.

(((HH))) I know you're scared, but you WILL get through this.

Widowed 11/10/12 after 35 years of marriage
“In a sense now, I am homeless. For the home, the place of refuge, solitude, love-where my husband lived-no longer exists.” Joyce Carolyn Oates, A Widow's Story
K
K
If I were HH I'd say no just to devastate WH. Yes. Vengeance is very sweet...

HH deserves to do it, too.

One year becomes two, two years becomes five, five becomes ten and before you know it, you've wasted your whole life on a problem you can't solve. That's one way to spend your life. -rwinger

I will not spend my life this way.
H
OP Offline
H
I'm in pure survival mode. Went to bank and took funds from account that D!ck has access to. I decided NOT to tell ILs so their Easter is not ruined. They are hosting a rather large brunch with family and friends, and this would upset them greatly. And they would likely call D!ck, who would in turn abuse them verbally and threaten to leave the country, and no one would be any happier.

No, this is my burden to bear this weekend. I tried calling my attorney but his office is closed.

And today is the day we decided to see the puppies. DD has been so excited. Her heart is set on getting one. Its a huge expense, but it is what it is. I can't let D!ck rain on every one of our parades. The puppy may end up being a huge distraction down the line if vacations and "extras" have to be foregoed due to our financial situation.

I just can't believe it. And then to keep me hanging with this drama. No response to my "what happened" text.

And today I took the second part of a medical test. If I need treatment, what then? We're all on D!ck's health insurance.

After the pride comes the fall. And if not willing to turn away from sin, then hardship.

Fall and hardship. All must happen EVEN if he came back crawling on bloodied hands and knees and blinded like St. Paul. Otherwise, he's still the same hateful man who continues to terrorize his family.

K
K
Did you check to make SURE that he was fired and that he didn't just quit or something?

One year becomes two, two years becomes five, five becomes ten and before you know it, you've wasted your whole life on a problem you can't solve. That's one way to spend your life. -rwinger

H
OP Offline
H
In time, the truth will come out. And there's really nothing I can do in the meantime except alert my attorney on Monday and likely let his parents know then.

This is how I know I've changed. Maybe I'm just numb. I did cry a little. And I did vent to a few close friends. But NOTHING like the way I would have reacted in the past.

My attorney kept saying that he wouldn't QUIT his job because D!ck's house of cards would come crumbling down and Bimbo would be gone. But "losing" may be something different -- with a severance package, extended benefits, etc. I DON'T KNOW THAT.

So this weekend, I'm staying silent. I'm letting Easter happen. I'm waiting for DS to come home for the weekend, and looking forward to the usual gathering at ILs house.

And D!ck. Maybe he'll jump back on his feet in no time. With his reputation for lying, gambling, cheating -- and leaving wonderful me -- he may be in for a long hill climb.

He probably knew this was coming. That's likely why he took out the 401K money several weeks back. Hope he's proud of the man he's become because no one else is.

I'm just the lighthouse.

H
OP Offline
H
It's been confirmed. He was fired.

I text him today "R u OK?" and he replied "Thanks for ur concern. Not doing very well since I got fired." I asked if he got a package and what about health insurance. He didn't reply.

Found out that he called his former bf to ask what he thought of his chances in the job market. If his being fired would negatively affect him.

XBF WANTED to say that his chances are nil due to his lying, gambling, womanizing ways. Instead he said -- don't know -- and good luck with that.

Another chapter in this incredible story.

H
H
Originally Posted by Holyheart
XBF WANTED to say that his chances are nil due to his lying, gambling, womanizing ways. Instead he said -- don't know -- and good luck with that.

Another chapter in this incredible story.

and laying down with rutting pigs. He is spiraling and all you can do is step out of the way so you don't get hit by the meltdown.

Me 55, XWH 53, M 22 years
D17, D30
alien replaces my husband "I'm not happy" -7/08
Discover OW-8/08 (his direct report and I work there also)
H moves out 10/1/08, confront Ow 10/28/08
Plan B 1/09
D final 12/09

Quote: "First thing you do is pray; when there is nothing else to do, continue to pray."
C
C
Found out that he called his former bf to ask what he thought of his chances in the job market. If his being fired would negatively affect him.

Huyah, Huyah! Hey Mickey, do you think my adultery, probable bankruptcy, gambling addiction, alcohol problems, declining health, slothful appearance and texting pictures of my winkie to cheap painted sluts will hinder my search for a high paying banking job?

Last edited by chrisner; 04/06/10 11:17 AM.

Testosterone boys! Testosterone! It ain’t just for nose, ear and back hair anymore!
P
P
I asked if he got a package and what about health insurance. He didn't reply.

Of course he didn't HH, it's all about him and HIS pain. If he did get a package, he probably doesn't want you to know the details. Most of the time there is COBRA which keeps your insurance intact at a price. I would ask your attorney to "formally" ask about these details since it effects your case.

“In a sense now, I am homeless. For the home, the place of refuge, solitude, love-where my husband lived-no longer exists.” Joyce Carolyn Oates, A Widow's Story
L
L
Most of the time there is COBRA

negative. Depends on the reason for seperation. If he was fired for misconduct -- no COBRA.

"Fired" generally means there was some type of misconduct.
Which is also likely to mean no "package".
Otherwise the terms "downsized" or "let go" or some other type of description would be used.
Generally if you are going to be offered a severance package -- its because they are eliminating your department or position -- or asking you to retire early. Not "fired".

Holy -- get in touch with your attorney -- there are things you need to know right away.

Last edited by Lexxxy; 04/06/10 11:49 AM.
P
P
Oh, that's true. I didn't think of that.

C
C
Originally Posted by chrisner
Huyah, Huyah! Hey Mickey, do you think my adultery, probable bankruptcy, gambling addiction, alcohol problems, declining health, slothful appearance and texting pictures of my winkie to cheap painted sluts will hinder my search for a high paying banking job?

Too funny Chris. I think they call it "chexting" now (cheating + texting). I think Tiger triggered a new term.

Waywards.....they are blind and stupid. They can't see that they are their own worst enemies. Can't see that if you constantly do the wrong thing and hang with the wrong people that BAD things are going to keep happening.

((((HH))))) You do not deserve this HH. This man is in serious doodoo.

BS - me 56
XWH - 57

12/25/06 - Dday - WH promised NC. Plan A in effect. Thought we were in recovery.

6-3-07 - Dday#2 Found out NC never took place and A never ended. Found MB NC promised again, but WH would not write NC letter.

9/07 - Dday #3. Still lying and sneaking around. Plan B implemented
WH wants nothing to do with me

Divorced as of 12/09 after 36 years
C
C
No, this is my burden to bear this weekend. I tried calling my attorney but his office is closed.

Have you heard anything yet Holy?

Does his parents know of his newest achievement?

Testosterone boys! Testosterone! It ain’t just for nose, ear and back hair anymore!
H
H
just Hugs and breathe.

This might be the "stick that breaks the camel's back" (where did that term coin from?)

D+ck is in a corner and is starting to snarl. Pick up a whip and just stand strong.

D17, D30
Plan B 1/09
D final 12/09

Quote: "First thing you do is pray; when there is nothing else to do, continue to pray."
P
P
Originally Posted by hope3343
D+ck is in a corner and is starting to snarl. Pick up a whip and just stand strong.

Just had the strangest visual .... TEEF

C
C
Originally Posted by Hope
This might be the "stick that breaks the camel's back" (where did that term coin from?)

It's "the straw that broke the camel's back". Arabic in origin.

Where are ya Holy?

H
H
Originally Posted by chrisner
Originally Posted by Hope

It's "the straw that broke the camel's back". Arabic in origin.

Where are ya Holy?

I stand corrected. stick, straw, pencil??? rotflmao

D17, D30
Plan B 1/09
D final 12/09

C
C
Originally Posted by Pepperband
Originally Posted by hope3343

Just had the strangest visual .... TEEF

For some folks that's the definition of a good time.

K
K
Yes. We all have different hobbies, after all. smile

Page 44 of 76 1 2 42 43 44 45 46 75 76

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 369 guests, and 46 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation