Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 45 of 76 1 2 43 44 45 46 47 75 76
H
OP Offline
H
Quick post and I'm out the door.

D!ck has failed to respond to two texts directed at health insurance. This is extremely important since I had a test last week that may require a procedure.

He did phone older DD today to say he was "hanging out." She said "at work?" and he said "No, I got fired."

He said he'd EVENTUALLY find another job.

And my attorney is AWOL. I'll try again.

Yeah... maybe he can add "photographer" on his resume.

"What type of camera do you use?"

"iPhone"

Incredible!

K
K
D!ck probably won't find a job just to spite you. Doubt he could get one anyway.

Keep texting him about health insurance.

One year becomes two, two years becomes five, five becomes ten and before you know it, you've wasted your whole life on a problem you can't solve. That's one way to spend your life. -rwinger

I will not spend my life this way.
H
H
From Wikipedia....

The idiom the straw that broke the camel's back is from an Arab proverb about how a camel wearing shoes is loaded beyond its capacity to move. This is a reference to any process by which cataclysmic failure (a broken back) is achieved by a seemingly inconsequential addition (a single straw). This also gives rise to the phrase "the last/final straw", used when something is deemed to be the last in a line of unacceptable occurrences.

Your husband is a dodo head. Anyone in finance knows that a bankruptcy is bad bad bad. Employers do a credit check for those people.

Keep your chin up, don't worry about things...and I hope that your medical issue is not serious. Remember stress is not healthy, so do what you can to stay as stress free as possible!

I'm the FWW EA 2/06-3/06 NC 3/06 BH still not sure
H
OP Offline
H
OK... I sent the same text three times asking about health insurance. D!ck finally responds.

"Taxes. Insurance. Whatever. Attorneys can handle it."

What an a$$.

I did get in the Dr. for another test today. I explained my situation and she is trying to expedite treatment. She said that often coverage will continue to end of month and not to worry about it. GREAT news is that all I'll probably need is medication. Yahoooooo!!

But WHAT AN A$$.

I phoned DS at college to let him know. He's obviously concerned. Hate that my kids have to go through another crisis caused by an out of control wayward.

Hardship. His turn.

H
OP Offline
H
Here's an update. Met with attorney who wrote up an emergency order to freeze any severance pay, mandate continued health insurance or COBRA, identify where the 401K monies went, and require submission of credit card statements from previous subpoenea. I signed... and D!ck will be served at OW's house.

I'm like Hope in thinking more about the Art of War. Attack when your enemy is weak. I'm hoping this is the clink in the affair armor.

Rumor mill about his employment situation is working. Some say firing wasn't his fault. It was due to a bad deal in which a client went bankrupt and many, many businesses are due money. Others say that while it wasn't his fault, he's become a liability for the bank and they had to terminate him. I did notice that he sent out a resume to local bank -- so he seems to be looking for job in the area. So much for skipping the country... but he's such a slimy character, it still won't surprise me if he vanishes.

Speaking of character -- I still believe that a person's character, reputation, morals, values, etc. are important when hiring an employee. D!ck may FINALLY feel some of the repercussions of his actions when he gets rejected out there. Another part of me wonders how strong the "good ole boy" network is and if one of his buddies doesn't come through so he's no worse for wear in this latest crisis. We'll see!

And about Plan B. I think my situation has required me to NOT do a real Plan B. Think of it this way.... if I hadn't continued to snoop, I would have never collected the evidence I need for the D. In a normal, "friendly" D where the wayward is still operating like a sane person, then yeah -- keep to a Plan B. If I had hid myself away, avoided any financial or other news of D!ck and Bimbo, I would be in hot water here.

And my feeling for D!ck? He's a stranger and I'm a detective. No emotions from me when I uncover another tidbit. Sad but true. If he's feeling depressed or unhappy, I don't care.

I want to go forward -- without the affair debt -- and live my life. I'm blessed by the outpouring of love and support from my family and friends. FIL and MIL continue to do what they can to make amends to damage caused by their son.

I'll be fine. I KNOW that is true. And I've learned valuable lessons along the way. This was a wake up call for me to appreciate every second of my life. God has a plan for me. I'm ready, Lord. Just get me out of this financial mess -- and I'M READY for the next chapter.

B
B
Maybe the PP can turn tricks in her spare time to help support them....

H
OP Offline
H
That's a thought. I did hear that she once was a stripper, so it wouldn't surprise me if she isn't looking for a new source of income as we speak.

I'd love to be a fly on the wall to hear how she's reacting to his firing. She's such a POSITIVE person. Hummmmmm.......

B
B
Yes, he is fat, broke, and "available" and looking for a sugar momma. How desireable could that be???

I am sorry you have to go thru this...

K
K
D!ck is gonna be SOOOOOOOOO upset.

One year becomes two, two years becomes five, five becomes ten and before you know it, you've wasted your whole life on a problem you can't solve. That's one way to spend your life. -rwinger

H
H
Originally Posted by Bubbles4U
Maybe the PP can turn tricks in her spare time to help support them....

You mean my XWH PP??? Now there is an idea. rotflmao

Me 55, XWH 53, M 22 years
D17, D30
alien replaces my husband "I'm not happy" -7/08
Discover OW-8/08 (his direct report and I work there also)
H moves out 10/1/08, confront Ow 10/28/08
Plan B 1/09
D final 12/09

Quote: "First thing you do is pray; when there is nothing else to do, continue to pray."
B
B
I was getting confuzzled.

Me; W 46
Him; H 46

2 girls
DD19
DD16
Dated/Married total 28 years.
..I am learning and working on myself.
H
OP Offline
H
PP, Bimbo, Ms. Mullet, whoever... same skanks, just different states. All could get jobs turning tricks. These OW trade sex for money.

L
L
Hey HH, sorry to hear of this latest turn of events. WOnder how long the OW will hang around now the $$$ source is drying up. Unemployed men with no money are not much fun for gold diggers...

Recovered marriage, recovering self, life gets better everyday laugh
H
OP Offline
H
Wondering the same question.

And imagine the shock and embarrassment when she tells her friends that he's been -- gasp -- FIRED from his job!!

And when they ask if at least the D is final and she has to say--gasp again --it's still in progress!!

And what does he do all day? Sit around the house and -- BIG gasp -- play on-line poker!!

Oh, the shame to have to reveal that her ideal man can't hold a job, can't get rid of his wife, and can't stay off the computer. How dare he!!

If I were her, I'd kick him to the curb and look for a younger guy with money, a job, and NO WIFE.

H
H
Originally Posted by Holyheart
If I were her, I'd kick him to the curb and look for a younger guy with money, a job, and NO WIFE.

Or an older, rich man with one foot in the grave. A younger man won't want a used up gold digger and will see right through it unlike these waywards who think they are "special"

Me 55, XWH 53, M 22 years
D17, D30
alien replaces my husband "I'm not happy" -7/08
Discover OW-8/08 (his direct report and I work there also)
H moves out 10/1/08, confront Ow 10/28/08
Plan B 1/09
D final 12/09

Quote: "First thing you do is pray; when there is nothing else to do, continue to pray."
K
K
If you're going to be silly enough to be a gold-digger, at least be smart about it.

Old guy, one foot in the grave; no kids or ex. basically a guy who made millions and holed up like a packrat for his entire life. stickout

C
C
Originally Posted by karmasrose
Old guy, one foot in the grave; no kids or ex. basically a guy who made millions and holed up like a packrat for his entire life. stickout

Hey Karma, can you tell me where to find one of these? It's exactly what I want! grin

BS - me 56
XWH - 57

12/25/06 - Dday - WH promised NC. Plan A in effect. Thought we were in recovery.

6-3-07 - Dday#2 Found out NC never took place and A never ended. Found MB NC promised again, but WH would not write NC letter.

9/07 - Dday #3. Still lying and sneaking around. Plan B implemented
WH wants nothing to do with me

Divorced as of 12/09 after 36 years
K
K
Well, you could always try Jack Nicholson. Oops, he has a daughter already.

Yes, I fancy him a little bit...but he's such a fun old guy. stickout

H
OP Offline
H
Is Larry King single?

S
S
EWWW, even if the answer is yes....EWWWWWWWW

HAHAHAHAHA

BW(Me)aka Scotty:37
DSx2: 10,12
DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh
Newly Betrayed click here

Praying for walls and doors. Thanx MM

“Surviving is important. Thriving is elegant.”
? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
Page 45 of 76 1 2 43 44 45 46 47 75 76

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 827 guests, and 50 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation