Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 22 of 66 1 2 20 21 22 23 24 65 66
S
S
NP-You WILL of course have to follow personal boundaries of your own. Remember, you are at a GREATER risk of having an affair YOURSELF now that WH has had one. Doesn't mean you will, you just have a HIGHER risk. Also, a lot of the boundaries are things that ALL married couples should follow anyways.

There is one place where you will not be O&H and what you will not share with him and that is about your evidence that you have had and your snooping. These things aren't part of the POJA either.

I am glad that you will be counseling with Steve. I haven't done so myself, but I have heard nothing but great things(about Jennifer too). When my WH says he is going to want to come home, my first thing to do will be to call the coaching center.

I am glad that you are happy. I hope all of the best for you.

BW(Me)aka Scotty:37
DSx2: 10,12
DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh
Newly Betrayed click here

Praying for walls and doors. Thanx MM

“Surviving is important. Thriving is elegant.”
? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
R
R
It is encouraging that he is talking the talk.

He will be tempted to contact her even if he is sincere about breaking off from her. The withdrawal from the affair is tough stuff and either he or she would want to get a hit, a fix.

But, even if he is not sincere and taking it deeper......you are being shown that he does have feelings for you. He wants you (even if he also wants her). That is a positive you can build on.

That, plus direction from the coaches plus vigilance of it going underground even deeper and you have a good chance here.

I will be another MBer watching the unfolding of your journey.

Last edited by reading; 05/21/10 01:17 PM.

M
M
Originally Posted by NewPetals
And do I reciprocate? Should he have access to all of my emails, phone, etc?
Thank you for all the positive comments - this is lifting my spirits like you can't believe! smile

I've said this on other threads before, but I'm happy to say it again, because it was such a huge epiphany for me: Remember when you took your vows? On that day, the two of you became ONE. That is a HUGE sentence, one that I think a lot of people just consider standard verbiage in the wedding ceremony. I know I did. But think about it - you became ONE. One spiritual body. And since you are one, doesn't it make sense that both of you can access what the other one is doing? It's like your two hands. They do different things at different times, but they are always connected. And you always know what both of them are doing. It follows that your marriage should be the same way. You are ONE.

Exception: Birthday and Christmas presents. And going potty. I think those things should be inviolate. dance2

Whew! Can I yak, or what! grin The short answer to your question is "yes". And I'll say this: I had a good feeling about you and your WH, NP. When I saw his pic in the photo album. I know, I know - easy for me to say, now, right? smile But I really did.

D-Day 2-10-2009
Fully Recovered and Better Than Ever!
Thank you Marriage Builders!

N
OP Offline
N
Originally Posted by maritalbliss
And I'll say this: I had a good feeling about you and your WH, NP. When I saw his pic in the photo album. I know, I know - easy for me to say, now, right? smile But I really did.

Wow, thanks bliss!!! When I sent in that photo I almost cried because ... well, because it was the two of us and he was an alien. smile

I am crossing my fingers and wishing for the best! Very interested to talk to Steve on Monday. I will keep you all updated. You have all been such a HUGE source of inspiration for me....I feel like we're good friends, even though I've never met any of you.... blush

And Margie!! Where have you been?????? I've been wondering about you! smile

Me: BW, 27
Him: WH, 29
DD 4
DS 1
Married 07/25/09
A began end of 08/2009 (possibly sooner)
D-Day: 3/31/10
2nd D-Day: 4/9/2010
3rd D-Day: 4/21/10

Plan B (shortlived as it was): 18/05/10
WH decides to work on marriage: 20/05/10
False Recovery, Back to Plan B: 13/08/10

Filed for D Feb 2011, D April 2012

Looking forward to the sunshine and rainbows life should hold for us all!
M
M
You have all been such a HUGE source of inspiration for me....I feel like we're good friends, even though I've never met any of you.... blush

Well, we DID help you paint your house and there IS our history of trashing LG's back yard~ dance2

D-Day 2-10-2009

N
OP Offline
N
hahah! Well, if any of you come up north to Calgary (for god-knows-what-reason) you are always welcome to swing by and check out the paint job! wink

DD 4
DS 1
Married 07/25/09

S
S
Just checking in, I am soooo happy for you NP, you done good.

BW me-41
WH -39
DS - 9
married 12 Yrs together(?) 18 yrs when A discovered
DDay aug 2007
found MB dec 2007
Moved out april 2008
still seeing OW
Plan B

Okay I fixed the ages, it was looking screwy. smile
S
S
Originally Posted by maritalbliss
You have all been such a HUGE source of inspiration for me....I feel like we're good friends, even though I've never met any of you.... blush

Well, we DID help you paint your house and there IS our history of trashing LG's back yard~ dance2

Yeah, IDK if LG will be inviting us back to his pool anytime soon. grin

BW me-41
WH -39
DS - 9
DDay aug 2007
found MB dec 2007
Moved out april 2008
still seeing OW
Plan B

_
_
NP, I've missed your thread the last couple days but I am happy and encouraged by your turn of events. Good luck with your session with Steve. I recommend you take notes during or even use a recorder during the conversation to listen to again afterwards. He provides a lot of great information and suggestions and sometimes it helps to hear it a second time.

-SOL
V
V
Originally Posted by Wheels_spinning
Yes it is reciprocal. I would not tell him about this site until you are ready though. In the meantime let him in on everything you do. It is part of being open and honest.

Also think about POJA. Sapph and I have been practicing this to a good extent. It really gets rid of a lot of resentment on both sides, and reduces LB's.

Be careful with this, though. Do NOT give up your snooping methods. This applies to the boundaries, too - e.g., if you ask him not to delete texts, DON'T follow up w/ the "I'll just check them online to know for sure" line.

Me - 30 (FWW)
H - 30 (BH)
DSx2
D-day: 2008
V
V
Originally Posted by Scotland
NP-You WILL of course have to follow personal boundaries of your own. Remember, you are at a GREATER risk of having an affair YOURSELF now that WH has had one. Doesn't mean you will, you just have a HIGHER risk. Also, a lot of the boundaries are things that ALL married couples should follow anyways.

There is one place where you will not be O&H and what you will not share with him and that is about your evidence that you have had and your snooping. These things aren't part of the POJA either.

I am glad that you will be counseling with Steve. I haven't done so myself, but I have heard nothing but great things(about Jennifer too). When my WH says he is going to want to come home, my first thing to do will be to call the coaching center.

Yes, what she said. laugh

Me - 30 (FWW)
H - 30 (BH)
DSx2
N
OP Offline
N
Aaaaand....the alien is rearing his ugly head again.

Just got a half hour phone call from WH telling me he "better not get any email or phone calls" from OW saying that I had called her husband with this or that. And that he "doesn't need her getting hurt anymore by this." I was stunned to say the least. AND it turns out he feels like HE is giving ME a chance, not the other way around.

I kind of feel like crying and am questioning the marriage again.

DD 4
DS 1
Married 07/25/09

M
M
Originally Posted by Scotland

Yep, I want to second this about the snooping, NP. It is very important that you continue to do so. This is part of affair-proofing your M. But remember, you became ONE. You're just checking to make sure all the parts of your One-ness are working together in harmony.

Mr. Bliss knows I check on him. It's actually become funny, now - he calls me his secretary smile I spot-check his voice mail at work. Then I'll be talking to him and say something like "Oh, Mr. Smith with the ABC Business Corporation called you at your office about some literature he's looking for."

He knows that I check his office phone and cell phone. He knows that I go through his briefcase and his car. He knows that I check his office email and personal email, and rifle his dresser drawers. He knows that I have VARs and I'm not afraid to randomly use them in random places.

There is one thing he doesn't know and I can't say what that is online, in the off-chance he checks my posts on MB. (Unlikely, but you never know, right?) But any good snooper can figure out what that is by reading the above paragraph and making note of what I didn't list as a snooping tool. whistle

He has all of my passwords and complete access to all of my accounts, as well. We have nothing that isn't accessible by both of us.

You have recovery work to do, NP, and we'll be here to help you through that, as well. I am totally tickled for you!

D-Day 2-10-2009

M
M
Aaaaand....the alien is rearing his ugly head again.

Just got a half hour phone call from WH telling me he "better not get any email or phone calls" from OW saying that I had called her husband with this or that. And that he "doesn't need her getting hurt anymore by this." I was stunned to say the least. AND it turns out he feels like HE is giving ME a chance, not the other way around.

I kind of feel like crying and am questioning the marriage again.

Well, you're going to have some of this while he's coming out of the fog, NP. Steel up your resolve. He's going to be so embarrassed when he remembers saying these things. They always are once the fog lifts.

Just keep being the lighthouse.

NP hug

D-Day 2-10-2009

N
OP Offline
N
It's normal for him to lapse like this? I was really hoping we'd get through a few more days before I had to deal with the alien again.....It was just so sudden - we chatted before, nicely, and then all of a sudden 45 mins later there he was calling up and blasting me!

DD 4
DS 1
Married 07/25/09

S
S
Yes, its par for the course, NP. It slowly goes away as the alien disappears..Sorry I know it is hard on you...

BW me-41
WH -39
DS - 9
DDay aug 2007
found MB dec 2007
Moved out april 2008
still seeing OW
Plan B

P
P
NP, believe it or not your WH will go through a type of withdrawal from OW. Think about it. How does an addict act when they're coming off their drug of choice? Calm, serene and happy one moment and the next they're screaming and throwing things, snappy, or extremely depressed. Makes no sense to a non-addicted person, right? But the longer he goes without contact with OW, the better his withdrawal will become. It WILL get easier. Eventually, he'll look back on this and be appalled at how he treated his wife/family.

This is why NC is so important. ANY contact will set you guys back to Day 1.

Widowed 11/10/12 after 35 years of marriage
“In a sense now, I am homeless. For the home, the place of refuge, solitude, love-where my husband lived-no longer exists.” Joyce Carolyn Oates, A Widow's Story
N
OP Offline
N
Okay then. I will keep my chin up about it. I knew about the addiction part, but sometimes I forget how hard it is - it was almost easier when I knew he was with her, at least that way I knew what to expect from him (but obviously it is better he's NOT with her haha). Thanks.

DD 4
DS 1
Married 07/25/09

V
V
You have to be doubly vigilant, NP - while making some allowance for withdrawal, you have got to continue snooping and verifying NC. Like PM said, any contact will set you back to Day 1.

Me - 30 (FWW)
H - 30 (BH)
DSx2
M
M
It's normal for him to lapse like this? I was really hoping we'd get through a few more days before I had to deal with the alien again.....It was just so sudden - we chatted before, nicely, and then all of a sudden 45 mins later there he was calling up and blasting me!

Oh, sweetie. You'll be okay, but I'm afraid you've got a bit of a road ahead of you. He's going through withdrawal, so expect some heathen behavior until he's done. Snoop, make him understand your requirements, and hang on. Pretend he is a heroin addict and you're helping him get through the withdrawal of the drug. I guarantee you that he will be sooo sorry when he's done!

NP hug

D-Day 2-10-2009

Page 22 of 66 1 2 20 21 22 23 24 65 66

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 507 guests, and 55 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation