Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 49 of 86 1 2 47 48 49 50 51 85 86
M
M
Originally Posted by hope_eternal
I believe that....I've always allowed my mind to be a battlefield with me usually losing. I have hope that God will prevail. I know the truth, but I let my circumstances control me.

And this is especially hard to control when you are right in a very emotionally traumatic situation. But you can continue to post here and call me and we can peel you off the ceiling. grin

When my H left me in 1999, I remember being soo overwhelmed with emotions that I thought I would BURST!! But I would go to my counselor and he would bring me back down to earth. 10 minutes into the session and I would be calmed down! It is hard to control your emotions but you can learn to do this.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

H
OP Offline
H
Ok, what can i have on the atkins? I read up a little. I know I can't have bread...right?

BS: 41
WS: 52
Marriage 20 years on 6/9/10
Dday on 4/27/10
Husband moved out 5/12/10
Plan B....5/21/10
DD 15
DS 11
DS 10
DS 7
M
M
Ok, what can i have on the atkins? I read up a little. I know I can't have bread...right?

For the first two weeks, until your cravings are under control, you can have as much of these things as you like:

~eggs, meat, cheese
~fats ~ olive oil and butter
~low glycemic veggies ~ avoid carrots, potatoes and corn like the plague
~water, diet drinks, coffee, tea

Me,BW - 42; FWH-46
4 kids
D-Day #s1 and 2~May 2006
D-Day #3~Feb.27, 2007 (we'd been in a FR)
Plan B~ March 3 ~ April 6, 2007

In Recovery and things are improving every day. MB rocks. smile
M
M
When I go back to induction (first two weeks on Atkins), here is what a sample day's worth of foods looks like for me:

Breakfast: 2 egg omelette with red, orange and yellow peppers, green onions and cheese; side of bacon or sausage

Lunch: big green salad with hard boiled eggs, grated cheese, chicken, peppers, cucumbers, red onion, chopped bacon; oil and vinegar or ranch dressing

Dinner: steak or chicken with veggies (green beans; sauteed zucchini, onions and a little tomato; broccoli; cucumbers and green onions with sour cream dressing, etc.); maybe another salad

Snacks: string cheese, any other cheese; veggies and sour cream dip; nuts; sliced lunchmeat rolled up with cream cheese in the middle

Desserts: sugar-free jello with no-sugar added whipped cream; Panna Cotta (heavy cream cooked with gelatin and splenda to make a custard-like dessert).

It's a fun diet and the weight will literally fall off of you.

Me,BW - 42; FWH-46
4 kids
D-Day #s1 and 2~May 2006
D-Day #3~Feb.27, 2007 (we'd been in a FR)
Plan B~ March 3 ~ April 6, 2007

In Recovery and things are improving every day. MB rocks. smile
K
K
Here is a really good Atkins resource

Atkins Diet Help

It's really important that you read the book for yourself. It's one of the things the web site really drilled into me. I had a friend in recovery who wrecked his body because he didn't read the book - he picked up a "green sheet" version of the book that was making the rounds 15 years ago.

It's not unlimited fat and the focus is on quality protein and vegies, and breaking the addiction to processed foods.

H
OP Offline
H
Thanks, I will get the book today. I'll try these meal ideas too. I'm glad I get gone veggies.

Dday on 4/27/10
Plan B....5/21/10
DD 15
DS 11
DS 10
DS 7
T
T
Good luck and all the best to you with meeting your weight loss goal, hope. With all of the advice and encouragement you are getting here I am sure you will reach your goal without much of a problem. Come to think of it, you have already done so well with losing weight that I have no doubt you will continue to do so and, before we know it, we'll all have to start calling you Miss Skinny-Minnie (or something like that), lol.

Glad to hear you had a great time at the Special Olympics, having a great time is something that you both needed and deserved. Good for you for getting out of the house and doing something that you, yourself, enjoyed (I bet it felt good to be able to just relax and be "yourself" for a while, hey?). Finally, a nice family outing for you and your kiddo's...good stuff!

Keep up the good work, hope, I wish nothing but the best for you and your family.

(((hugs)))

Married DH May 5, 1990
DH45 - ME43 - DD18 - DD15

Thanx to MB my M is now back on track and better than ever. MB ROCKS!!!

Do you want me to tell you something really subversive? Love is everything it's cracked up to be. That's why people are so cynical about it. It really is worth fighting for, being brave for, risking everything for. And the trouble is, if you don't risk anything, you risk even more.

Erica Jong
1942-, American Author
M
M
Thanks, I will get the book today. I'll try these meal ideas too. I'm glad I get gone veggies.

hope, if you are on the run and have to fast food it, you can have 2 string cheese sticks and/or a low carb protein drink for breakfast.

Lunch could be a grilled chicken salad OR a Wendy's double cheeseburger sans the bread and a side ceasar salad.

Dinner is easy because that can be a steak, 1 cup of green beans and a dinner salad.

Low carb dressings are Marie's blue cheese and ranch. Check the sugar content on the label and if it has sugar, avoid it. Maries has no sugar.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

M
M
Fruit is taboo the first 2 weeks, but if I were you, I would not have it all because you can't afford the blood sugar spike.

Exposure 101

H
OP Offline
H
Ok, more crap....H's sister just called me and threatened to have my children taken away if I don't stop this internet stuff. She said that we are adults and that I am hurting these kids by telling them about the affair.

She's going to get a signed affaidafit testifying to this fact. I'm just so sick of this.

Dday on 4/27/10
Plan B....5/21/10
DD 15
DS 11
DS 10
DS 7
M
M
Sorry, WH's Sister - lying, cheating and adultery are not "adult" behaviours. Those are the actions of nasty little punks and the actual adults have to stand up to them.

The kids are being hurt by the lies and neglect of the affair. The truth will protect them, and that's what you gave them.

Affadavit testifying to what, and signed by whom??

Me, BW
WH cheated in corporate workplace for many years. He moved out and filed in summer 2008.
S
S
It's a BULLY tactic. You know what? I would go Plan B with her too. NC. grin

BW(Me)aka Scotty:37
DSx2: 10,12
DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh
Newly Betrayed click here

Praying for walls and doors. Thanx MM

“Surviving is important. Thriving is elegant.”
? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
M
M
She's going to get a signed affaidafit testifying to this fact. I'm just so sick of this.

She is criminally retarded. She is suggesting it is ok to have an affair, abandon your kids but not ok to tell them the truth about it? She doesnt' need to get a "signed affadavit" testifying to the fact you told your children. And even if she did, what would she do with it?

She is a stupid, evil woman who is protecting your H's filthy affair. She cares NOTHING about your kids. She sold them out. Their own aunt sold them out.

The kids should know that she has been covering up their dad's affair and that she is not a friend to them.

in fact, why not send her an email like this;

Dear Susie, thanks for your very interesting phone call today. Just wanted to give you something more to add to you "affadavit" about what I have told your nephews and neice.

I have told them that you, their aunt, helped their dad destroy their family by covering up his adulterous affair. You helped their dad cover up his affair at the expense of their family. You lied for him when we called for him and he was really with his adultery partner.

They know when you had an opportunity to protect them from this affair, that you chose the affair over their best interests.

They know what kind of "aunt" you really are. Aunt Sell Me Out. You sold these kids out for WS' sleazy affair, Susie, and they know it.

Be assured you and WS will not be able to whitewash the truth about your sleazy behavior to these kids. As long as there is a breath in my body they will know of your despicable behavior.

Count on it.

Exposure 101

H
OP Offline
H
My mom called her up and told her off and she told my mom that she and my dad shouldn't be there interfering as they have in the whole marriage. The first 10 years of our marriage was in Indiana about 16 hours away.

She told my mom that she was going to take them and me to court for hurting my children. I worry about her calling CPS and starting some crap. I know hypotheticals...but this seems so out of control to me.

H just text my daughter...I guess he thinks I'm texting him, but it's my DD that has been telling him about Aunt threatening us. He text back saying that his life sucks as I so desired...meaning he thinks I'm texting him...funny.

Dday on 4/27/10
Plan B....5/21/10
DD 15
DS 11
DS 10
DS 7
M
M
MrRollieEyes she's a loser.

Exposure 101

K
K
She is a lunatic, I think. Why is she so defensive, I wonder...

One year becomes two, two years becomes five, five becomes ten and before you know it, you've wasted your whole life on a problem you can't solve. That's one way to spend your life. -rwinger

I will not spend my life this way.
H
OP Offline
H
I'm not sure, but my DD14 called my husband to tell him how upset she is about her Aunt saying those things. He said he had nothing to do with it and no one was going to take anyone away.

He said that he hasn't called home because I told him that all phone calls would be forwarded to my brother. Is he smacked or what? How can you not understand a letter and a phone call about no contact with wife not children. This was told through my daughter by the way.

Dday on 4/27/10
Plan B....5/21/10
DD 15
DS 11
DS 10
DS 7
S
S
Of course WH doesn't want to get your children taken away from you because(I am sorry this will sound callous and MEAN) HE will have to take care of them. He doesn't want that. That will RUIN his fantasy.

WH may use this ammo again at some point though so make sure you journal everything. He will only use this to bully you though, not any real intention of having them full time.

BW(Me)aka Scotty:37
DSx2: 10,12
DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh
Newly Betrayed click here

Praying for walls and doors. Thanx MM

“Surviving is important. Thriving is elegant.”
? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
H
OP Offline
H
I don't take it as callous...I believe that myself. I would love to see his sister or himself take complete card of them. Not that my children are bad, but they are all quite a handful....the 7 year old would especially challenge most anyone.

My son and I talked a long time today about his feelings over the affair. He says he's not sure how to feel and he doesn't know what to say. I think he's a little torn about the truth of the affair. He said to me, "mom, daddy lays on a blanket with this woman while at the lake...he lays close to her and she's wearing a biknini." He told me that this has always bothered him even though this woman is married and her husband was close by. He told me that it bothers him that daddy doesn't love me.

Then, the real heartbreaker...is he told me that he wished that all these kids at school that pick on him knew what was going on and then maybe they wouldn't treat him so badly. He said, "mom, you know what a loser is?" "well, I'm in that classification." I was just heartbroken over his feelings that were coming out.

Dday on 4/27/10
Plan B....5/21/10
DD 15
DS 11
DS 10
DS 7
M
M
IThen, the real heartbreaker...is he told me that he wished that all these kids at school that pick on him knew what was going on and then maybe they wouldn't treat him so badly. He said, "mom, you know what a loser is?" "well, I'm in that classification." I was just heartbroken over his feelings that were coming out.

hope, what did you say to that?

That poor fella. Thank goodness he has you for a momma.

Exposure 101

Page 49 of 86 1 2 47 48 49 50 51 85 86

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,116 guests, and 67 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation