Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 26 of 47 1 2 24 25 26 27 28 46 47
M
M
Originally Posted by MovingForward2
I just wanted to throw out an idea here, how about instead of WW going to see her father in July, why don't you pay for him to come here and see her asap? Is that a possibility? Does anyone else think that's a good idea?

Ditto!! I agree with this smart lady...

t/j good to see you, my dear lady smile

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

M
M
Originally Posted by MovingForward2
Sir BT,

I have been following your thread for a while. I'm rooting for you. You've got amazing people helping you out both here on MB and in real life, which I've noticed I don't see a lot of on other threads.

I just wanted to throw out an idea here, how about instead of WW going to see her father in July, why don't you pay for him to come here and see her asap? Is that a possibility? Does anyone else think that's a good idea?

How about you all go together and make it a great vacation?

D-Day 2-10-2009
Fully Recovered and Better Than Ever!
Thank you Marriage Builders!

maritalbliss #2382463 05/30/10 10:25 PM
B
OP Offline
B
I like the idea of going to CA as a family because:

1) I am more financially stable than her father right now. I can afford to go out there for 3 weeks or so, no prob. Also, my work is totally behind me on this.

2) Here, we have no one, well, she has no one. Out in CA she has at least 5 friends who are for our marriage, plus her dad and brother, and me and our son there. Much more support.

3) CA is accross the country from OM. He will be way far away, and I will take her phone away from her (shut it off), and her dad doesnt have internet.

Sound good?

Lifelong recovery never ends.

BTinTrouble #2382464 05/30/10 10:28 PM
_
_
CA trip together sounds like a good plan to me.

-SOL
BTinTrouble #2382472 05/30/10 10:46 PM
M
M
Originally Posted by BTinTrouble
I like the idea of going to CA as a family because:

1) I am more financially stable than her father right now. I can afford to go out there for 3 weeks or so, no prob. Also, my work is totally behind me on this.

2) Here, we have no one, well, she has no one. Out in CA she has at least 5 friends who are for our marriage, plus her dad and brother, and me and our son there. Much more support.

3) CA is accross the country from OM. He will be way far away, and I will take her phone away from her (shut it off), and her dad doesnt have internet.

Sound good?

Sounds great, BT. Keep it in mind. Get her home.

D-Day 2-10-2009

maritalbliss #2382478 05/30/10 11:08 PM
B
OP Offline
B
I dont know what else to do to get her home.

Its Monday now.. the day she is supposed to come home.

BTinTrouble #2382480 05/30/10 11:11 PM
M
M
I dont know what else to do to get her home.

Its Monday now.. the day she is supposed to come home.

Hang on, BT. It's just barely Monday. I know you're anxious. Get to bed and rest up. I suspect that this is going to be a busy day.

D-Day 2-10-2009

maritalbliss #2382518 05/31/10 07:25 AM
T
T
California here I come

Right back where I started from

Go west young man go west

Last edited by TheRoad; 05/31/10 07:26 AM.
TheRoad #2382521 05/31/10 07:44 AM
B
OP Offline
B
Cant yet...

her dad needs to get his phone, kick his drug addicted GF out, clean up his house...

THEN we can go.

Oh, and WW probably ought to come home first, but I kinda hope she stays out till wednesday...

See, OM has nothing to leave the woods for:
no friends, no money, no job, no house, no family

So he is going to work WW to stay out with him so he can get all he can out of her.

If WW falls for this, by the time she DOES come home, I should have papers and such saying "You dont get anything including the kid till a court hears." and be able to "slap her face" with how real this really is.

AND - if she doesnt come back, it looks worse an worse for her as the mother, if she seeks custody. She might realize that it was NOT in her best interest to not come home and begin to see that OM doesnt really care about her, and is just using her.

That and the herpes text, the more information that is FACTUAL and shows that OM is using her, maybe she will wake up?

IDK...

BTinTrouble #2382578 05/31/10 10:09 AM
M
M
Well, it was worth throwing out there. Yep, keep it in mind and go to CA together as a family as soon as you can.

Good luck with whatever happens today and the next few days. You sound strong and confident. Exactly what WW needs to see when and if she comes home.

tj - thanks ML, it's great to see you on MB as well! I'm always keeping an eye out for your posts as I'm still absorbing and learning smile /tj

Me, BS, 35 - H, FWS, 38
Married 15 years, 4.5 years into Recovery
EA/PA 7/09-9/09
DDay 9/5/09, started Plan A
Exposed 9/13/09, started preparing for Plan B
H finally confessed and agreed to NC 9/27/09, never went to Plan B
Still a MB rookie, but striving to learn more and put it into practice every day... w/ FWH along for the ride
B
OP Offline
B
threw me off, she just showed up, with 2 cops.

they took our info, I asked for theirs, asked to take notes, asked why they were here, said cuz she asked for it, I said ok

they said we obviously issues, and we need to work them out in a civil manner.

I said, thank you for time Sgt, have a nice day

they left

fog got thick in here....

Plan A... GO!

She asked about how was she was supposed to get gas with no money in the account, I offered her $60 cash, she said no thanks, what did you think I would clean the account out?

I said, WW, I dont trust you. I love our family, and you are welcome to come back when you are ready, but I have to protect our family and your behavior is a threat. Would you like some watermelon?

(no BS, I had watermelon on the table...)

I asked friends over, so I asked her if she was ok with that, she said "whatever" seeing if friends are still comfortable coming over....

BTinTrouble #2382655 05/31/10 12:49 PM
P
P
"threw me off, she just showed up, with 2 cops."

Not at all unexpected.
Remember, keep that VAR handy.

You did just fine.
Do not engage in anger.
Aren't you glad you protected the family $$$ ?

Pepperband #2382666 05/31/10 01:38 PM
F
F
Awesome job, BT! I am so impressed with how well you are handling all of this without blowing your cool. I am so ashamed of my gender when they pull cr*p like bringing police into it.

As pep said, keep that VAR handy.

Faith

me: FWW/BS 52 H: FWH/BS 49
DS 30
DD 21
DS 15
OCDS 8
M
M
Not surprised. My friend's H, shortly after she began Plan B, woke her up at 1 am with two cops at the door. It was a scare tactic, her H's way of wrestling the control of the situation back from her. It made her doubt herself and her decisions, and she caved very soon after. Unfortunate.

You're doing great, BT.

Me, BS, 35 - H, FWS, 38
Married 15 years, 4.5 years into Recovery
EA/PA 7/09-9/09
DDay 9/5/09, started Plan A
Exposed 9/13/09, started preparing for Plan B
H finally confessed and agreed to NC 9/27/09, never went to Plan B
Still a MB rookie, but striving to learn more and put it into practice every day... w/ FWH along for the ride
B
OP Offline
B
thanks

Friends still coming over, so that should be neat...

they know everything and said they would love to stop by and "play nice"

BTinTrouble #2382685 05/31/10 03:00 PM
B
OP Offline
B
she hasnt said a word in an angry tone yet...

lots of snide remarks.

I need some ideas for small talk, and quick tip on what to say in response to

"I dont trust you"

BTinTrouble #2382688 05/31/10 03:11 PM
M
M

"I dont trust you"

"Thats nice." smile

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

MelodyLane #2382697 05/31/10 03:30 PM
S
S
Originally Posted by MelodyLane

"I dont trust you"

"Thats nice." smile

Isn't that so typical, they cheat and sneak around, we catch 'em and now they don't trust us?!

Ha, so standard. BT I was watching you this weekend, you are doing so great, keep some more of that watermelon around, "want some watermelon?"

Good one!

SWW

BTinTrouble #2382699 05/31/10 03:34 PM
M
M
I need some ideas for small talk, and quick tip on what to say in response to "I dont trust you"

"Okay."

Me, BW
WH cheated in corporate workplace for many years. He moved out and filed in summer 2008.
M
M
Bt, when she says stupid nutty things like that, try not to bust out laughing. Laughing in their face is a lovebuster so TRY your best to control it.

The thing to remember is that you CANNOT REASON with a falling down drunk because they have no powers of reason. Your W is a falling down drunk. So, just be polite, be FIRM, don't be an asskisser and dont' get dragged into a fight.

When you have a chance to speak to her, DEMAND that she end her affair with the OM. Tell you will not tolerate any continued contact at all. Let her know the result will be DIVORCE on grounds of adultery. And that you will file for primary custody of your son and possession of your home.

It is real important that she understand that HELL IS COMING if she doesn't end her affair.

Exposure 101

Page 26 of 47 1 2 24 25 26 27 28 46 47

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,116 guests, and 67 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation